What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (4 Viewers)

Ah it said google play in the article.

I had to update the main app and then it prompted to download the new app

Ah it said google play in the article.

I had to update the main app and then it prompted to download the new app
Yeah, I think they updated the main app this morning to allow for streaming, but the streaming app is still only available from the Amazon app store. Kind of screwed up, but not too big of a deal.

From the reviews, people are pretty pissed they they still don't support Chromecast.

They are building distribution centers in FL so a Prime price increase & having to pay taxes will be a double whammy.
It's rough but I just had to renew my prime. After it expired in June my orders were taking forever to ship. They would not ship common items sold by Amazon for 4 days. Had to cancel at least 4 orders because I would not have gotten them in 10 days. Been with Amazon since beginning, Prime no Prime, and never had this issue. Even with no Prime I would get packages in 3 to for days. Just an anecdote, but I wonder if this is in their business model now.

They are building distribution centers in FL so a Prime price increase & having to pay taxes will be a double whammy.
It's rough but I just had to renew my prime. After it expired in June my orders were taking forever to ship. They would not ship common items sold by Amazon for 4 days. Had to cancel at least 4 orders because I would not have gotten them in 10 days. Been with Amazon since beginning, Prime no Prime, and never had this issue. Even with no Prime I would get packages in 3 to for days. Just an anecdote, but I wonder if this is in their business model now.
Could be because the prime stuff still gets there fast. So with an increase in prime items, the rest probably takes a backseat.

My cousin just landed a gig at one of the distribution centers. I'm gonna have to pick his brain about it next time I see him.

Hey Drifter,

It seems you can't purchase an item that's labeled "Add On" unless you buy more than $35?

That's kind of ridiculous, no? I need one item, but I can't get it unless I order another $35?

WTH kind of policy is that? Guess I'll have to head to ebay.

:wall:

I have noticed more and more "add on items". I find myself doing what I did before I had Prime, trying to buy more things to go over $35.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Drifter,

It seems you can't purchase an item that's labeled "Add On" unless you buy more than $35?

That's kind of ridiculous, no? I need one item, but I can't get it unless I order another $35?

Yeah, it doesn't happen to me often but if i did need an add on immediately, one tactic is to buy say a pair of jeans and then just immediately return the jeans. Clothing can be returned for free and you can even schedule a pickup if you don't want to have to drop it off somewhere. A little more work, but same result.

Hey Drifter,

Pro tip: Get a pre-order item with your add on, then cancel the pre-order after your add on ships.

Hey Drifter,

Yeah, it doesn't happen to me often but if i did need an add on immediately, one tactic is to buy say a pair of jeans and then just immediately return the jeans. Clothing can be returned for free and you can even schedule a pickup if you don't want to have to drop it off somewhere. A little more work, but same result.
Hey Drifter,

Pro tip: Get a pre-order item with your add on, then cancel the pre-order after your add on ships.
Thanks guys, I'll give that a shot.

Hey Drifter,

You can still get it, you just can't get free 2 day shipping if you're Prime or free Super Saver shipping if you're not.

It's Amazon dealing with the age old problem of how you make money on a $0.50 toothbrush when you ship it for free.

Hey Drifter,

You can still get it, you just can't get free 2 day shipping if you're Prime or free Super Saver shipping if you're not.

It's Amazon dealing with the age old problem of how you make money on a $0.50 toothbrush when you ship it for free.
And I'm fine with that, but when I click on "My Cart" there is no check-out option.

I tried to check out quite a few times, and there's just no option for it.

Hey Drifter,

I believe you are mistaken. You can't purcahse add-on items unless you order more than $35 worth of stuff.

Looks like it's been modified slightly. Mostly office supplies and household products. On the bright side, most of the items are now available via subscribe and save without order limits.

So I ordered a 2 4tb drives and an external 2tb drive from Amazon. I accidentally sent it to my old address. I didn't realize it until I checked the tracking and it said it was delivered. So I drove to my old address, knocked on the door, they answered and said they didn't receive anything. :doh: :bs:

So I figured I was out close to $300. So I chatted with Amazon online and you know what they did? They refunded my money. Even though it was my fault and the drives were delivered they still gave me my money back. I'm an Amazon Prime subscriber for life. :bow:

Streaming on Netflix >>>>>>>>> Streaming on Prime

Couldn't finish a full episode of Mad Men (season 7) without numerous hangups...never have that problem with Netflix (seasons 1 - 6).

Couldn't finish a full episode of Mad Men (season 7) without numerous hangups...never have that problem with Netflix (seasons 1 - 6).
I had a lot of problems using my TV's built in wifi, but none with the Fire stick.

I can stream Prime on my desktop just fine. The thing that makes Netflix > Prime is that I can watch Netflix on my Android tablet, while Prime works only on my desktop.

On the other hand, Netflix doesn't come with free two-day shipping at Amazon.

Well, both interfaces are far better than HBO Go. Great content, but that thing has gotta be a finalist for all-time worst interfaces.

I can stream Prime on my desktop just fine. The thing that makes Netflix > Prime is that I can watch Netflix on my Android tablet, while Prime works only on my desktop.

Or unlimited music streaming. Or unlimited cloud photo storage.

Amazon Instant Video works pretty well on my kid's Galaxy Tab 3.

If you're interested, you can download and install the apk for the two files you need here (I used the AndroidFileHost mirror and it worked well).

Not sure how new it is since I haven't bought a CD in a while, but I ordered a CD on Amazon today to give as a gift and there is an "autorip" feature that plugs the purchase into something called "Amazon Music". It's a app that kind of looks like Spotify.

Like I said, this may be old news but a great feature IMO. The best part was that it remembered every CD purchase I've ever made with Amazon and let me download all of them digitally. Something like 30 CDs worth of tunes. Very cool since maybe half were albums I gave as gifts and don't even have.

3 late deliveries in the past 10 days :thumbdown:
I have noticed that Prime is now kind of taking liberties with the two day thing. Order something Sunday morning, and expected delivery is wed evening. I know it's a Sunday, but this never happened before - anything ordered anytime on a weekend got here Tuesday at the latest.

I'm guessing this is more holiday-related than anything, but it starts to lose the "no brainer it's worth it" luster. If they are going to charge extra for something like Prime, they need to be ready for the holiday crush.

I have noticed that Prime is now kind of taking liberties with the two day thing. Order something Sunday morning, and expected delivery is wed evening. I know it's a Sunday, but this never happened before - anything ordered anytime on a weekend got here Tuesday at the latest.

I'm guessing this is more holiday-related than anything, but it starts to lose the "no brainer it's worth it" luster. If they are going to charge extra for something like Prime, they need to be ready for the holiday crush.
I've had prime for years and Sunday order was always Wed.

Not sure how new it is since I haven't bought a CD in a while, but I ordered a CD on Amazon today to give as a gift and there is an "autorip" feature that plugs the purchase into something called "Amazon Music". It's a app that kind of looks like Spotify.

Like I said, this may be old news but a great feature IMO. The best part was that it remembered every CD purchase I've ever made with Amazon and let me download all of them digitally. Something like 30 CDs worth of tunes. Very cool since maybe half were albums I gave as gifts and don't even have.
Don't even have to download. All available in the cloud for streaming in addition to "Prime Music"

Could be an inventory issue or where you live. Weekend promise (on and over weekends) only works when the shipment is going via the Amazon network and into the USPS. If you are in an area not serviced by that network, you are subject to UPS and Fedex's rules on how they calculate 2 days involving weekends.

I had an order a couple weeks ago where I ordered a bunch of stuff on Sunday, and got some of it on Thursday!!! I called to complain and see what they could do, since I was leaving for a vacation on Friday morning, and didn't want anything to be late. They didn't seem like they could do anything. I was hoping to get a month or two of Prime or something like that.

I was also complaining that I paid for a next day delivery for a printer and received it second day. I did get the $16 back from the shipping, but I wanted more.

I also complained on the shipping questionnaire that I received for that order, but not I hoping much.

I had an order a couple weeks ago where I ordered a bunch of stuff on Sunday, and got some of it on Thursday!!! I called to complain and see what they could do, since I was leaving for a vacation on Friday morning, and didn't want anything to be late. They didn't seem like they could do anything. I was hoping to get a month or two of Prime or something like that.

I was also complaining that I paid for a next day delivery for a printer and received it second day. I did get the $16 back from the shipping, but I wanted more.

I also complained on the shipping questionnaire that I received for that order, but not I hoping much.
Sounds like you aren't Prime if you paid $16 for next day shipping. If so, on your first issue, 2nd day shipping isn't a given (unless you pay for it).

Sounds like you aren't Prime if you paid $16 for next day shipping. If so, on your first issue, 2nd day shipping isn't a given (unless you pay for it).
It was for a color laser printer, so the next day is more expensive for the larger, heavier items like that. I've been on Prime for 6 or 7 years.

Whining about getting things shipped in 2.5 days in December for pennies.
heh heh - yea, I hear ya. If the thread wasn't already started, I'm sure nobody says a word.

I'm chalking it up to the holidays. Still, they could do what they said they would do, and it's not a crime to expect just that.

Their delivery when I order it says Tuesday and it comes on a Wednesday. Sorry but they should have to stand by that.
And they always do. I'm very surprised Customer Service did nothing if you contacted them.
Yeah I usually get a credit of some sort or a free month of Prime :shrug:
Maybe they looked at his customer profile full of whinny complaints FBG posts and decided against it?

Drifter said:
Premier said:
Insein said:
Their delivery when I order it says Tuesday and it comes on a Wednesday. Sorry but they should have to stand by that.
And they always do. I'm very surprised Customer Service did nothing if you contacted them.
Based on my experience, Tuesday was probably just the estimate. I'd be shocked if it was listed as a guaranteed date and they didn't give the month credit.

Insein said:
Premier said:
Insein said:
And you ordered Sunday during the holidays. You should have some common sense.
I ordered Saturday, whiz kid.

Insein said:
Premier said:
Insein said:
And you ordered Sunday during the holidays. You should have some common sense.
You don't think Amazon is sophisticate enough to know he ordered it on a Sunday?

Maybe I'm a little slow, but when did Prime members start getting offers for 5-day shipping w/ $1 credit in electronic downloads? I considered it today on two orders but didn't want to push it getting the items in time to be wrapped for Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread