What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Amazon Prime (3 Viewers)

Could someone give me a little advice? I order crap off of Amazon all the time.

Amazon only charges when they ship. I would like to compare the charges on my credit card with what they've shipped. However the items shipped might be some weird combination of numbers I have to add up to see if I can find a matching total on my credit card statement. 

How can I tell if Amazon is ripping me off. I would like an itemized list of each item shipped and how that list matches to credit card charges, and I don't want to do any math on my own. Thanks.
I have had this thought before as well.  Mine is especially concerning because I have an Amazon Prime CC that I only use on Amazon.  So every statement is only Amazon charges, with no details.  

Will check into this.

I have had this thought before as well.  Mine is especially concerning because I have an Amazon Prime CC that I only use on Amazon.  So every statement is only Amazon charges, with no details.  

Will check into this.
I have the Prime CC as well and can track each purchase on Chase.com

Not complaining about the longer estimated delivery times because I understand given the situation.  I've ordered a bunch of stuff over the last month for a project I'm working on.  Most of those items have been late rather than on-time even with the longer estimated delivery times.  :shrug:  

Is it possible Amazon or UPS is prioritizing metro/more populated areas over rural areas like I live in?  I would even understand that.  I could have stuff shipped to work to test that theory.  My coworkers that live in the metro area say they haven't had that problem, but they haven't had anywhere close to the order activity I've had over the last month.   :lmao:  

Not upset, just slightly annoyed.  

Not complaining about the longer estimated delivery times because I understand given the situation.  I've ordered a bunch of stuff over the last month for a project I'm working on.  Most of those items have been late rather than on-time even with the longer estimated delivery times.  :shrug:  

Is it possible Amazon or UPS is prioritizing metro/more populated areas over rural areas like I live in?  I would even understand that.  I could have stuff shipped to work to test that theory.  My coworkers that live in the metro area say they haven't had that problem, but they haven't had anywhere close to the order activity I've had over the last month.   :lmao:  

Late March and most of April my orders were taking forever.  (Metro suburb area)

Now my order lately have been back to normal.  

It's possible.  In general, I haven't gotten anything later than the delayed date estimate personally, and I've gotten a decent bit of stuff early.

For me, if it's something I need urgently, I've had a lot better luck ordering on more specialized stores that don't have the same kinds of delays.  Needed some car wash stuff - Amazon had a 2+ week delivery window.  The same stuff on AutoZone came with free next-day delivery.  I literally ordered at 3:00 PM and had it by 9:00 AM the next day.  Find a site that doesn't have anything "essential" to prioritize over your order, and order from there.  You can get free shipping on most sites with a decent order size.  

Also, not all of this is the seller - delivery services are all overwhelmed.  The costs for OTR trucking/delivery is almost 3x what it usually is.  I'm sure some retailers are choosing longer delivery times to maintain their margins.

Find a site that doesn't have anything "essential" to prioritize over your order, and order from there.  You can get free shipping on most sites with a decent order size.  
Yep, I ordered a couple things from different sources that I would normally just get from Amazon.  Cost a couple extra dollars, but they did arrive on time.

None of the items I've ordered are "essential", nor is the project I'm working on.  :)  

Again, not really complaining because I understand the situation.

Target has been doing a much better job with delivery times vs Amazon. When possible I just order from them.

Plus I'd rather give the money to them vs Bezos anyway

Target has been doing a much better job with delivery times vs Amazon. When possible I just order from them.

Plus I'd rather give the money to them vs Bezos anyway
Lol I've had the exact opposite problem with Target. Delayed delivery not a big deal, but their packages look like an 8 year old packed it. Every box looks like they threw it off the roof and I've had stuff damaged.  They put something in a big box with one inflatable air stacker.  :)

Lol I've had the exact opposite problem with Target. Delayed delivery not a big deal, but their packages look like an 8 year old packed it. Every box looks like they threw it off the roof and I've had stuff damaged.  They put something in a big box with one inflatable air stacker.  :)
That's strange... I did have one box that was damaged but overall I've been pretty happy with them. Maybe it's a regional warehouse thing? 

That's strange... I did have one box that was damaged but overall I've been pretty happy with them. Maybe it's a regional warehouse thing? 
Maybe.  I haven't ordered a ton and some stuff was not delivery eligible.   Not a big deal was just more a pia because I had to return during the shutdown.   I was trying to avoid going out :)

I know that's the other big one. Is there a particular reason it's better, or just your preference? And which one do you have? :popcorn:  #blenderchat
@Nathan R. JessepSorry, I missed this question.  The Vitamix is better.  I own both.  Don't get me wrong, the Ninja works damn well for a cheap blender.  But the Ninja construction quality is much lower, it is noisier, and it does not get things nearly as smooth. There is a reason Vitamix's, Blendtec's, and similar are used in smoothie shops and Ninja's are not.  It even pulverizes dry items like chili pods much better. 

Is it possible Amazon or UPS is prioritizing metro/more populated areas over rural areas like I live in?
Quoting myself.  Just placed a small order.  10 day delivery estimate to my home, next day delivery to work.  :lmao:   I live 70 miles from work.

ETA:  I'm sure logistics are involved since there is a distribution center in Omaha.  Not sure where it comes from when delivered to my home.  :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime my wife goes to Target it just says "Target" on the credit card.  I have been very suspicious that some of these charges may be fraudulent, because how exactly would I be able to verify what exactly my wife bought?  They could easily add an extra $3.99 here and there and nobody would ever know.  I wish they would itemize all of the items she bought.

@Nathan R. JessepSorry, I missed this question.  The Vitamix is better.  I own both.  Don't get me wrong, the Ninja works damn well for a cheap blender.  But the Ninja construction quality is much lower, it is noisier, and it does not get things nearly as smooth. There is a reason Vitamix's, Blendtec's, and similar are used in smoothie shops and Ninja's are not.  It even pulverizes dry items like chili pods much better. 
Not to derail the thread, but isn't the Vitamix also like 5x the price of the Ninja?  I'd expect it to be much better if I was paying that much more, but that's not really answering the question.  Obviously depends on what you plan to use it for, how often you're blending stuff, etc. but many people (myself included) aren't running a smoothie shop and just don't use it often enough to justify paying more for a professional-grade blender.  

Everytime my wife goes to Target it just says "Target" on the credit card.  I have been very suspicious that some of these charges may be fraudulent, because how exactly would I be able to verify what exactly my wife bought?  They could easily add an extra $3.99 here and there and nobody would ever know.  I wish they would itemize all of the items she bought.
Get the Target app. It will itemize all your trips.

I am trying to return an item that arrived damaged.  I think Amazon is trying to force me to apply for one of their credit cards before they'll allow me to return the item.  Could that be possible or am I going crazy?

I get to this screen and the continue box is still greyed out.  The only thing I can change to advance seems to be the Add a CC link and when I click the link, I get:

Go to Your Account and tap Add a credit or debit card in the Amazon Wallet section.

Once you’ve added a credit card, come back to this page to finish your return.
I can't find any links to my wallet and any links that say Credit Card bring me to a page to apply for an Amazon CC.  Also, I have several CCs saved on Amazon already.

I am trying to return an item that arrived damaged.  I think Amazon is trying to force me to apply for one of their credit cards before they'll allow me to return the item.  Could that be possible or am I going crazy?

I get to this screen and the continue box is still greyed out.  The only thing I can change to advance seems to be the Add a CC link and when I click the link, I get:

I can't find any links to my wallet and any links that say Credit Card bring me to a page to apply for an Amazon CC.  Also, I have several CCs saved on Amazon already.
Looks like a drop down arrow next to the “add a credit card” link. Any chance that the drop down shows your existing cards? Especially since lower it gives you the option to refund your discover card. 

ETA- they do have good customer support- maybe chat with them?

I had a similar issue yesterday. Made me re-enter my CC's that were already saved. By any chance did you get a new router or anything new regarding your internet/wifi?

I had a similar issue yesterday. Made me re-enter my CC's that were already saved. By any chance did you get a new router or anything new regarding your internet/wifi?
Bingo.  We upgraded the internet equipment in the house a month ago. Good catch.  Thx. 

I ordered a generator like 3 weeks ago and it's been sitting at the carrier.  Unfortunately this is not an Amazon issue but a Pilot issue and it's been impossible tracking it down

Not to derail the thread, but isn't the Vitamix also like 5x the price of the Ninja?  I'd expect it to be much better if I was paying that much more, but that's not really answering the question.  Obviously depends on what you plan to use it for, how often you're blending stuff, etc. but many people (myself included) aren't running a smoothie shop and just don't use it often enough to justify paying more for a professional-grade blender.  
Not quite, but close.  However, you can find the Vitamix for about 2x to 2.5x the cost of the Ninja if you are patient and employ the camels. That's what I did. 

Is it possible Amazon or UPS is prioritizing metro/more populated areas over rural areas like I live in?
Quoting myself.  Just placed a small order.  10 day delivery estimate to my home, next day delivery to work.  :lmao:   I live 70 miles from work.

ETA:  I'm sure logistics are involved since there is a distribution center in Omaha.  Not sure where it comes from when delivered to my home.  :shrug:

Just about everything I have ordered in the last few weeks has come here to upstate NY a day or two later than than the date given.  But the stuff I've had sent to people closer to Philly have gotten there on time.  I'd get that, but it's not like they say it's shipped on time and then it just takes longer to get to me.   I will order on a Monday and it says Thursday delivery, but then it doesn't ship out until late Wednesday night and I get it Friday at best.  

Of course, the one time it said it was shipped out promptly, it never even got to the USPS.  Ordered Sunday night beginning of last week with a promised Thursday delivery, said it was shipped next morning, but never got it and the last tracking entry was it leaving Amazon to USPS. I asked for a refund yesterday rather than new one because delivery date for a new one was next Friday, but then when I looked later, it said this Friday, so I just ordered a new one with the refund credit.  It hasn't shipped yet, so we'll see what happens.  I might just be a slow learner. 

It's definitely not fun being on there last night (Wed) and seeing everything with a Tuesday delivery date.  

Damn, wish I came in here sooner. That would have been really nice. I’m replacing a few of ones I have to get the 4K and the TV remote. Only got 2 at $29.

Bummer, guess I used the code previously even though I don't recall ever using. 
I used a code not too long ago to get one at $29. I think icon posted the deal and I wonder if that negated using it again even if at a lower price. I bought two without even looking in here SMH because I saw them on sale and they weren’t on sale earlier this morning. 

I used the Firestick code earlier this year as well so no dice here. However I got $10 in credit for spending $10 at Whole Foods and another $10 credit for buying from a small business and another $60 for spending $500 in the Amazon app last month (needed a new laptop.) Will do the gift card reload today too for another $10. Wife needs some shoes and if I can’t find anything else I need, I’ll just use the credits to buy some more dog food and drop my subscribe and save delivery down for next month.

Amazon device trade in offer:

https://slickdeals.net/f/14379104-amazon-echo-trade-in-promotion-25-off-new-echo-gc-fire-tv-trade-in-20-off-new-4k-fire-tv-device-gc-tablet-trade-in-20-off-new-fire-tablet-gc-more

Trading in my 5 year old Kindle Fire (MAYBE used a dozen times), gonna get the new 10'' version for around $40-50 after the % off and credits. Don't know what it is, I'm just not a big tablet fan. But I guess will have to do for now. Maybe I'll look into getting a stand and figuring out how to add a keyboard.

I really would like a new cheap chromebook (as current on last legs) to browse the net but right now they're either unavailable or prices are jacked WAAAAAY up due to the COVID/school/work stuff. Used to find a cheap one on Amazon for around $100 or so. But not right now :lol:   

The new Bruan shaver I bought last week, because my 10+ year old one was shot and I had no idea when Prime Day was/delayed, is $95 cheaper today.   :rant: Amazon
Doesn’t sound like an Amazon issue, Prime Day was officially announced two weeks ago at the end of Sept and rumored to be coming for October for a while before that.

Might check what the return policy is, they might still take it back even used. Or you could message them to see if they will price match or give you a credit.

I love prime day, but things like this piss me off and make me question the prices of pretty much everything. Really, a $35 (original price) knock off headphone > lighting jack for iPhone? Even with the prime day deal its cheaper on apple.com? 

https://imgur.com/a/6NuPiW6

I love prime day, but things like this piss me off and make me question the prices of pretty much everything. Really, a $35 (original price) knock off headphone > lighting jack for iPhone? Even with the prime day deal its cheaper on apple.com? 

https://imgur.com/a/6NuPiW6
They have the Apple version for $1 less than Apple with Prime shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXJFMGF

Same day shipping option as well. Seems like a better deal to me. No idea why a knock offs is more.

Also, the one in your link says something about controlling calls. I didn’t see that on Apple’s site so is there more functionality in that adapter? I don’t use it but seems like it’s more expensive than the Apple one and Amazon has the same Apple one you linked for less. I’m sure there are things you can get cheaper elsewhere but this is an example where the exact thing you want is cheaper on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread