What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC Playoff Game: Titans at Patriots (1 Viewer)

The other one's over after a classic - this one will be a snoozer for the Pats. That's how it always happens.

BTW is the this "THE OFFICIAL- Titans at New England" thread?oh and whatever you do.......DO NOT say: "this game sucks" at any point in this game :boxing:

Ranking the Titan WRs next year could be a nightmare (except for Mason, who's a Top 15-20 guy) -- especially if Calico comes on. All of those guys can play and make plays.

BTW is the this "THE OFFICIAL- Titans at New England" thread?
I'm not pompous enough to put the word "official" in my post title. The game had started, there wasn't a thread already going, so I started one.The turf in Foxboro was put in after the regular season ended. It's supposed to be really good. It's also a heated ground.

The kickers aren't getting much distance on their kickoffs. That could be because they're playing with balls made of solid ice. Obviously, that cold impact field goal attempts later in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Via weather.com: 6 Degrees, Windchill -8. And this temp was recorded 7:53 EST. Over 45 minutes ago. It's probably closer to 3 or 2 now.
What's the zip code for the game? I'd like to scope out weather.com

A big factor in the Patriots going for it on 4th and 1 was likely how difficult it would be to kick a 50 yard field goal in this weather.

Question for the masses? Is it just me or did it seem like there were alot more Pats fans on these boards when they won the SB? Where'd they all go?Again, it could just be my perception being a bit off.

Question for the masses? Is it just me or did it seem like there were alot more Pats fans on these boards when they won the SB? Where'd they all go?Again, it could just be my perception being a bit off.
im still here.

McNair and the Titans aren't having too much trouble moving the ball against the Patriots defense. McNair is getting lots of time and making short passes when needed.

McNair and the Titans aren't having too much trouble moving the ball against the Patriots defense. McNair is getting lots of time and making short passes when needed.
To this point, though, he's had trouble with deeper passes. He missed a wide open Bennett in the first quarter that would've been an easy TD and his INT was a horrible pass. Brady's TD was a deeper throw and he looked good with it.

uh oh, lets not wake them. TIA

No FG fest in this game
The Titans didn't even try to go for a 45 yard field goal. If you don't get the ball in the redzone, a field goal attempt is going to be very hard.

To this point, though, he's had trouble with deeper passes. He missed a wide open Bennett in the first quarter that would've been an easy TD and his INT was a horrible pass. Brady's TD was a deeper throw and he looked good with it.
Maybe that's McNair's injuries giving him trouble with the long passes?My main point was that the Pats defense isn't controlling the game.

Maybe that's McNair's injuries giving him trouble with the long passes?My main point was that the Pats defense isn't controlling the game.
I definitely agree with your point and I think you're right that McNair's injuries may impact him most on deeper throws. If he continues to struggle with those passes it'll be interesting to see if the Titans can dink and dunk their way to a win.

Wow. Not like it's a surprise, but McNair has nowhere near his usually mobility. That would have been a decent gain if he could run.

Users who are viewing this thread