What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (3 Viewers)

now the Jordan Cameron situation sucks.. wish I would have got rid of him before Campbell came into the picture
Gordon's situation is only better due to the chance for the long ball. If he doesn't get one in a game, his week is going to suck too. Caveat emptor, my friend. I have Gordon too and am dreading the week 16 @NYJ matchup. He will probably ride pine for me that week if my other options are still in tact at that point.

fwiw - Ike Taylor had safety help with Calvin the entire second half of the Lions game.
Yeah, that's a good point. They rolled the safety help over specifically because Calvin was abusing him so much. Then again, Gordon is no Calvin (who is?)

Caveat emptor, my friend. I have Gordon too and am dreading the week 16 @NYJ matchup. He will probably ride pine for me that week if my other options are still in tact at that point.
You do know they traded Revis, right? Jets currently giving up 8th most FPG to WRs. Agree that he needs the long ball to be effective, though.

I totally agree that Gordon owners should have no qualms about starting him ROS. In my case, I just have an equally attractive option to consider in Hilton, which is why I'm splitting hairs trying to analyze the situation. But those are my own issues, to be worked out in the Assistant Coach forum.

Ray said:
Did anyone watch the entire game last week? How did he only catch 5 balls on 15 targets?!
Anyone?

Maybe the rain was causing problems? Gordon was off his game when it rained in GB earlier in the year. I thought most of that was not trying hard for Weeden (and Weeden sucking), but maybe Gordon doesn't like rain?

Ray said:
Did anyone watch the entire game last week? How did he only catch 5 balls on 15 targets?!
Anyone?

Maybe the rain was causing problems? Gordon was off his game when it rained in GB earlier in the year. I thought most of that was not trying hard for Weeden (and Weeden sucking), but maybe Gordon doesn't like rain?
I cant recallif he had any drops. But you have to remember its Jason Campbell playing QB aka A TON of inaccurate throws that were pretty uncatchable for Gordon.

Ray said:
Anyone?

It wasn't Gordon that was the problem. Campbell played poorly. He was either Mr. Checkdown, or he threw it too high. I think his ribs might be bothering him, because he didn't look comfortable. He also seemed like he was scared of throwing an intercepton, therefore he wasn't giving his receivers a chance to make plays downfield, and you know how Norv Turner loves to stretch the field. Gordon could have had another TD in the endzone, but Campbell threw it too high and too late. Another time Jordan was wide open as was Little. The Bengals also should get credit for doing a great job of pressuring Campbell.

Ray said:
Anyone?

A lot of reasons but I am sure that the same wind that caused a lot of us to go with other options impacted some of the throws.

Ray said:
Anyone?

A lot of reasons but I am sure that the same wind that caused a lot of us to go with other options impacted some of the throws.
Dalton was 13/27, he had problems too.

Ray said:
Anyone?

It wasn't Gordon that was the problem. Campbell played poorly. He was either Mr. Checkdown, or he threw it too high. I think his ribs might be bothering him, because he didn't look comfortable. He also seemed like he was scared of throwing an intercepton, therefore he wasn't giving his receivers a chance to make plays downfield, and you know how Norv Turner loves to stretch the field. Gordon could have had another TD in the endzone, but Campbell threw it too high and too late. Another time Jordan was wide open as was Little. The Bengals also should get credit for doing a great job of pressuring Campbell.
For fantasy purposes, does it really matter whose fault it is? Campbell is presumably the QB the rest of the way (unless he gets hurt and is replaced by Weeden), so if he's playing hurt and/or has accuracy problems, don't you need to factor that into your evaluation of Gordon? Not saying I'm down on Gordon (he's clearly managed to thrive despite a bad situation), just that citing Campbell's play is a little bit like Rob Ford citing his "drunken stupor" as an excuse for smoking crack. It's not an excuse if the situation's not going to change.

Ray said:
Anyone?

For fantasy purposes, does it really matter whose fault it is? Campbell is presumably the QB the rest of the way (unless he gets hurt and is replaced by Weeden), so if he's playing hurt and/or has accuracy problems, don't you need to factor that into your evaluation of Gordon? Not saying I'm down on Gordon (he's clearly managed to thrive despite a bad situation), just that citing Campbell's play is a little bit like Rob Ford citing his "drunken stupor" as an excuse for smoking crack. It's not an excuse if the situation's not going to change.
Someone specifically asked how Gordon only had 5 catches out of 15 targets, and if the rain made Gordon off. I was giving some insight into the game.

Ray said:
Anyone?

Even if a terrible QB is throwing the ball so long as they throw it to my uber talented WR 15 times a game I'll roll the dice and start him.

That being said I would not even remotely expect 15 targets for Gordon on a regular basis but (that being said) for a guy like Gordon all it takes is one throw to make him a viable start in your fantasy roster.

Nobody in our league wanted to take a chance on him, so I did in the second to last round. Jackpot.

Wondering what his #'s would be with Hoyer under center.

Any thoughts on him this week vs Pitt? I have to decide between him and Hilton (I can already tell this is a decision I'll be agonizing over every week for the rest of the season, and I totally blew it last week).

Ike Taylor can occasionally be a shutdown corner (Marshall, AJ, Calvin in the second half) and occasionally gets destroyed (Jennings, Dobson/Amendola, Calvin in the first half).
Dear Josh,

I am so so SOOOO sorry I ever doubted you. I promise you are locked in as my WR2 for the rest of the year. If Hilton starts playing well again, maybe he can challenge Andre Brown in the flex spot. But you will not be leaving my starting line-up.

Sincerely,

A very remorseful Gordon owner who is hoping my lead can hold up against Peyton tonight.

It's pretty obvious Weeden is good for Gordon. He was having a solid but unspectacular day until Brandon came in.
I wish Campbell no ill will and a merry holiday season to him and his family, but if he could be unhealthy enough to play out the year, that would be great for Gordon.

We have this conversation every time the Browns change QBs....Weeden sucks, holds ball too long....Hoyer came in looked good but got injured, then we were happy went they benched Weeden again for Campbell....lets just see what this guy could do with a real QB because all those guys suck

Chicago Hooligan said:
A real QB may not blindly lob it at Gordon a dozen times a game.
Why? He's unstoppable. You throw to guys like him because he makes plays. One of the best talents at his position.

Users who are viewing this thread