What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (12 Viewers)

shadyridr said:
Raider Nation said:
If someone offered me Calvin in exchange for Gordon for ROS, I would have to think hard about it.And would probably say no.
i traded this guy away weeks ago WITH stacy for aj green. Shoot me
i need to drink some of gordons syzzurp

Hmmm. Guess I'll be pairing him with AJ over DJAX rest of the way into the playoffs..settles that possible lineup quandry.

Really exciting watching him beast with the tools around him and throwing him the ball. :)

Hmmm. Guess I'll be pairing him with AJ over DJAX rest of the way into the playoffs..settles that possible lineup quandry.

Really exciting watching him beast with the tools around him and throwing him the ball. :)
Now, imagine they invest in a QB in 2014.

:moneybag:

10-261-2 with a 95 yard TD reception.

about 1,250 yards (second after calvin - johnson in 11 games) and 7 TDs in just ten games!

he could have 1,500 yards through 12 games, pacing for 2,000 exactly...

with weedon, hoyer and weedon again at QB...

all pro-type season.

Last edited by a moderator:
10-261-2 with a 95 yard TD reception.

about 1,250 yards (second after calvin - johnson in 11 games) and 7 TDs in just ten games!

he could have 1,500 yards through 12 games, pacing for 2,000 exactly...

with weedon, hoyer and again at QB...

all pro-type season.
:lol:

ROS: Pats, Bears, Jets, and then Steelers (if you play week 17). Talib could be a bother, but no way you ever bench Gordon if he's playing.

Talib on deck next week, should be a very good match-up.
3 straight 200 yard games for Gordon.
No way Belichick lets that happen.
Andre Johnson got 121 yards today with Keenum throwing the ball. I would think BB planned for AJ.
Houston has a running game worth worrying about and Deandre Hopkins. Cleveland has Cameron who hasn't done much in quite a while.

I'm not suggesting Gordon is going to get held to 2-13 or something, but I just don't think he's going to have a big day.

Andre Johnson got 121 yards today with Keenum throwing the ball. I would think BB planned for AJ.
Houston has a running game worth worrying about and Deandre Hopkins. Cleveland has Cameron who hasn't done much in quite a while.

I'm not suggesting Gordon is going to get held to 2-13 or something, but I just don't think he's going to have a big day.
yes because the Pats D is soooo stellar

And Tate ran for 102 and 3 TD's. Their top 2 threats were great against the Pats D.

Gordon will be the beast he is.

Weeden with a concussion and going up against Talib next week going into the first round of the playoffs (for most of us) is concerning. I've enjoyed his production this year though, definitely helped win a lot of match-ups.

His QB situation all year has been concerning. At this point you just have to roll with Gordon no matter what....he has had a phenomenal year with whoever behind center

NE defense was far from special today....maybe they shut him down but he is parked in my lineup. I even have Keenan Allen I could use instead but I dont care....

Brandon Weeden was diagnosed with a concussion following Sunday's loss to the Jaguars.
Weeden reported symptoms after he went 24-of-40 for 370 yards with three touchdowns, two interceptions and a lost fumble. It makes him a question mark for the Week 14 game against the Patriots. Jason Campbell is also nursing a concussion, leaving trick shot quarterback Alex Tanney as the only healthy quarterback on the roster. For what it's worth, Campbell was reportedly feeling much better as of Friday.

Brandon Weeden was diagnosed with a concussion following Sunday's loss to the Jaguars.
Weeden reported symptoms after he went 24-of-40 for 370 yards with three touchdowns, two interceptions and a lost fumble. It makes him a question mark for the Week 14 game against the Patriots. Jason Campbell is also nursing a concussion, leaving trick shot quarterback Alex Tanney as the only healthy quarterback on the roster. For what it's worth, Campbell was reportedly feeling much better as of Friday.
Unbelievable what's gone on at QB while he's done all this.

Yeah. That's the most shocking thing to me. He always seemed to have the tools to be a high-end WR1, but I figured that he would only get there once the rest of the team got better. At this point, I don't understand how he's ever open--who else are defenses scared of (although in that gif, it looks like he might have been double-covered with a safety over the top, and he still scores).

At this point I don't know whether the terribleness of the rest of his offense helps or hurts him this week. The Pats usually do a pretty good job of taking away their opponent's #1 option. But that relies on their opponent having other options to go to. The Browns are so horrible that Weeden/Campbell/??!? pretty much have to target him heavily, even if Talib is inside his shirt.

Yeah. That's the most shocking thing to me. He always seemed to have the tools to be a high-end WR1, but I figured that he would only get there once the rest of the team got better. At this point, I don't understand how he's ever open--who else are defenses scared of (although in that gif, it looks like he might have been double-covered with a safety over the top, and he still scores).

At this point I don't know whether the terribleness of the rest of his offense helps or hurts him this week. The Pats usually do a pretty good job of taking away their opponent's #1 option. But that relies on their opponent having other options to go to. The Browns are so horrible that Weeden/Campbell/??!? pretty much have to target him heavily, even if Talib is inside his shirt.
Sit back and think about this from a league-wide perspective. Only a handful of guys can take the whole team with them regardless of how bad it is. Every single one of them have 1 thing in common; elite talent.

Just enjoy the ride.

If someone offered me Calvin in exchange for Gordon for ROS, I would have to think hard about it.And would probably say no.
What about next year? Where would he rank among WRs in a redraft next year?
Top-3, I would think. As long as he doesn't sabotage his career.
Third after Calvin and Dez? Ahead of Julio, AJ, Marshall, and others?
Impossible to give a definitive answer to this on December 1. We need to see how the offseason/personnel stuff goes.
Agreed but he is absolutely in the conversation with those guys.
Talent-wise, sure. Just WAY too early to slot him for next season.
You sure about that Clark?

BACK-TO-BACK 200 YARD GAMES!!!

First player ever to do that.

:bow:

@NE, CHI, @NYJ

Anyone think he can keep it up during the playoff weeks? NE could be a tough matchup vs Talib. Chicago is probably a good matchup.

@NE, CHI, @NYJ

Anyone think he can keep it up during the playoff weeks? NE could be a tough matchup vs Talib. Chicago is probably a good matchup.
Really thankful he earned me a wk 14 bye, although AJ got 8 for 121 against Talib yesterday. Chicago has some of the worst safeties in the league, so the long TD is definitely in play. And NYJ secondary has been bad all year too.

My only "concern" is the constant switching around at QB. But he's seem to be handling it fine thus far.

Can he keep this last 2 weeks pace up? Of course not. But I could definitely see another 25 point game during the playoffs, and he could win a lot of titles for people in week 16.

My man Josh Gordon. Tough to really even put into words what a steal he was. 13th or 14th round I think with the few jabs from other owner's chuckling that I would take someone suspended. HA!

Lets just let ESPN sum it up:

Wow. Gordon became the first player in NFL history with back-to-back 200-yard receiving games, thanks to his 14-catch, 237-yard performance in Week 12 against the Steelers. He left Sunday's game briefly with a head injury, although he was able to return and then score a 95-yard touchdown with less than four minutes left to put the Browns ahead (they would later blow the lead and the game). Gordon has reached at least 125 yards in four of the past five games, scoring five touchdowns in that span. He is arguably one of the best wideouts in fantasy football right now and he'll look to keep his streak going in Week 14 at New England.
I feel short of the money (highest weekly score) this week by 1 point because other team had Peyton Manning AND Alshon Jefferey

So awesome that I can get 28.7, 47.7, and 55.1 out of my FLEX the past 3 weeks. Needless to say, I am on one hell of a run.

:tebow: :tebow: :tebow:

Users who are viewing this thread