What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (15 Viewers)

Like congratulations to anyone that held him for this long to get him CONDITIONALLY reinstated, your move and smarts has paid off as you can now trade a pretty much worthless player for something of value. You just wasted 3 years of a roster spot if you don't though
This all depends on league rules, roster limits, potential IR for suspended players, available un-rostered players, etc.

But thanks for the "congrats". :)

EDIT: Oh, and it depends on what Josh does in the future as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was watching his snapchat story and saw on Monday that he had landed at LaGuardia.  I knewwwww he was there to go to NFL offices in NYC.  It's what stopped me from dropping him in a 2 for 1 trade earlier this week.  I honestly think he's a changed man.  He's really saw the light and I think that is what makes him scary.  Remember, he checked HIMSELF into rehab this time.  He had his life changing experience and now he is "all in" on living his life to it's fullest.  He's brainwashed himself in a positive way and that is a scary proposition.  Watch out NFL secondaries.  Whether or not this year definitely next year he will be a beast again.

I was watching his snapchat story and saw on Monday that he had landed at LaGuardia.  I knewwwww he was there to go to NFL offices in NYC.  It's what stopped me from dropping him in a 2 for 1 trade earlier this week.  I honestly think he's a changed man.  He's really saw the light and I think that is what makes him scary.  Remember, he checked HIMSELF into rehab this time.  He had his life changing experience and now he is "all in" on living his life to it's fullest.  He's brainwashed himself in a positive way and that is a scary proposition.  Watch out NFL secondaries.  Whether or not this year definitely next year he will be a beast again.
I really think he changed the first time he checked himself into rehab. I’m sure Johnny Football is on the next flight to join him.

I really think he changed the first time he checked himself into rehab. I’m sure Johnny Football is on the next flight to join him.
I've never been a Gordon bandwagger because I thought he had no hope of changing.  I stand corrected-- this is a changed man.  I have confidence in the guy this time

I know it was preseason but wasn't he beasting last time he hit the field with little prep time or engagement with the team? I think I recall him torching 1's

First of all, I am really rooting for Josh, and I'm glad that he has accomplished this much...

...but...

...if you think I am gonna load my entire team onto a bus...after a party...with him behind the wheel... :drive: ...

...then you must be mad!  :excited:

Seriously, I have only owned him about a year...bought him in a multi-player deal as an "added piece" last year...a few days before he was supposed to return. :doh:

I have been too proud to drop him and concede a loss. Now, I am really going to investigate his trade potential...on his own, and as an "add-on".

If I don't get any good offers, then I'll hold and hope for the best.
Yeah for me I just want to see proof of life in 17 for the 18 season.

Getting back into shape won't be a problem with a little time. Think back when you were 26 (if you're much older like me). I could get in really good wind shape in less than a month. That won't be a problem. His offense could be a problem (if he stays in Cleveland), though.

The good news is I don't believe the Browns will keep him past this season (if they don't release him sooner). Gordon is likely better off almost anywhere else.

Guys like him don’t change. You don’t fix stupid. 
So glad you weren't my mentor/counsellor when I went through my substance abuse issues! ;)

And to be serious, I really did go though such things. The 1st time (even the 59th time) is not always successful, but I have experienced and witnessed enough to disagree with your opinion.

Of course, it is just my own opinion. :lol:

I'm glad I picked him up just in case... but not so sure I can hold him for 5 weeks. Sure as hell gonna try though.

:lmao: Why would anyone hold on to him for 3 years only to trade him away now?
It's pretty simple IMO...just like any other player on my roster:

1) I keep any player that I value above available free agents or players offered in a trade

2) I trade any player that I can get a player(s) that I value above said player

Gordon is no different, imo.

I am not going out of my way to trade him, but as a contender this year, I may very well find a non-contender that values Josh higher than I do. I would not avoid that just because I carried a suspended Josh for a year (or even 3 years for others).

Would you not consider trading any other players that you have carried for 3 years of low value...that have recently increased in value (e.g. Paul Richardson)?

It's pretty simple IMO...just like any other player on my roster:

1) I keep any player that I value above available free agents or players offered in a trade

2) I trade any player that I can get a player(s) that I value above said player

Gordon is no different, imo.

I am not going out of my way to trade him, but as a contender this year, I may very well find a non-contender that values Josh higher than I do. I would not avoid that just because I carried a suspended Josh for a year (or even 3 years for others).

Would you not consider trading any other players that you have carried for 3 years of low value...that have recently increased in value (e.g. Paul Richardson)?
I guess it depends on the league, roster positions, etc. In the dynasty leagues I played in the past, the opportunity cost would never have allowed for keeping a guy with Gordon's struggles for three years. But to each his own, I guess.

I guess it depends on the league, roster positions, etc. In the dynasty leagues I played in the past, the opportunity cost would never have allowed for keeping a guy with Gordon's struggles for three years. But to each his own, I guess.
That makes total sense. :hifive:

In my personal dynasty league, it made good sense for me to keep him for a year and 5 weeks. In other leagues, I bet it made sense to keep him for 3 years. In others, it made sense to drop him.

Like you said, league variables matter.  :thumbup:

Thus, I do not criticize those who kept, or those who parted ways with him.

For myself, I am just excited to have his stock finally rise...and...maybe...just maybe...he becomes a good player once again.

I always love rooting for these kinds of comebacks!  :D

I'm glad I picked him up just in case... but not so sure I can hold him for 5 weeks. Sure as hell gonna try though.
This is where I'm at. I can't decide if he is worth holding onto. 5 weeks is a long time to hold someone who may do nothing.

Crap. That means I need to move him off my IR/S spot and make room on my active roster and he won’t even be playable this year, imo.

Gordon has nobody to blame but himself, but it's shocking to hear how much he was enabled at Baylor. A coach shows him how to pass a drug test? LOL. You have to be kidding me.

He bared all in that documentary. I think you have to root for this kid.

I picked him up expecting him to give me absolutely nothing this year. But he'll only cost me a 10th round pick in next year's draft (assuming he doesn't follow his pattern and screw it up again). So it was worth the roster spot. 

Soulfly3 said:
Blind love?

I was with him every step of the way. Literally   
Exactly. Isn’t that the definition of blind love???  Ha maybe that’s just love?

Wait... if you were literally with him every step of the way, does that mean you are actually Josh Gordon?!?!  Now it all makes sense.  Good luck with your recovery. I’m really pulling for you. And not just cause I have you on my roster!

One night Josh had a dream. 

He dreamed he was walking along the beach with Soulfly3.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand: 

one belonging to him, and the other to Soulfly3.

He noticed that many times along the path of his life

there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the

very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned Soulfly3 about it.

"Soulfly3, You said that you'd walk with me all the way.

But I have noticed that during the most troublesome

times in my life, there is only one set of footprints.

I don't understand why when I needed you most

You would leave me."

Soulfly3 replied, "I love you and would never leave you.

During your times of trial and suffering,

when you see only one set of footprints,

it was then that I carried you."

He was a FA in my dynasty league most of the last two years.  I picked him up as a free agent week 1 this year.  Was just offered Josh Doctson for him straight up.  Pondering that.

squistion said:
Trevor Sikkema‏ @TampaBayTre 14h14 hours ago

Josh Gordon is younger than Kelvin Benjamin, Tavon Austin, T.Y. Hilton

and Alshon Jeffery.
It's crazy. Also just 8 months older than Docston.

I already had him on a bunch of redraft teams(and dynasty), but a few redraft leagues I had to cut last week due to bye week issues.  Timing was almost perfect for him to get reinstated because I was going to cut him in all redraft leagues yesterday. My thought was he had to get reinstated, would likely need at least 4 weeks of practice prep to have a shot and no longer seemed worth it.

Instead I went nuts on bidding for him in FA last night, and I mean redraft.  Now these are national type contests with weeks 14-16 carrying most weight, I would think of it different if this was local type leagues. I got some teams I feel reasonably confident will advance to final round and for a lot of teams the bye weeks are almost done or really manageable. This are 20 man rosters and on 20 man roster I just think I can find room to roster Josh Gordon just in case.  I don't think it works out, but just in case.

I can't remember the last time when he was a FA in any of my dynasty leagues. He seems to always have had his die hard believers.

I did just get him in a 6 keeper than has a shallow in season roster of 17, but was still surprised that one of the doormat teams hadn't stashed him when talks of reinstatement seemed to be getting serious a few months back.

Yeah, Gordon hasn't been on any of my Dynasty waivers ever, that I can remember. He's certainly been passed around as a throw in trade piece as previous owners got sick of waiting, but someone has always been willing to hold the ticket, it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread