Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Matt Waldman

Josh Gordon Everything Thread

21 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

Supposedly there's a press conference that Brown's will hold soon. Maybe we'll get a Gordon update 

It's probably to announce he is going back into rehab.  He seems about due for a return visit.

• Like 2

Pro Football Talk reports Josh Gordon (suspended) has not applied for reinstatement.

Gordon is reportedly out of rehab, and there were rumors floating around last month he would get reinstated. He has yet to apply, however, and it is far from a guarantee he will gain clearance from the NFL even if he does. We continue to guess he will not play this season.

Source: Pro Football Talk

Oct 3 - 12:10 PM

What the F?  If this is indeed true, I think FINALLY I am getting off this train, and more importantly, I'm not hopping back on.

Is the press conference something that happens regularly on a weekly basis?  Or is this something different?

20 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

Is the press conference something that happens regularly on a weekly basis?  Or is this something different?

Teams have a regular day after presser, just the press talking to the coach and key players. I don't think it's formal. For instance the Saints will likely have one today.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, greyhorse said:

What the F?  If this is indeed true, I think FINALLY I am getting off this train, and more importantly, I'm not hopping back on.

Yeah.  This not even applied for reinstatement announcement is pretty much curtains for redraft impact.   

So is he just trolling us like all the other reddit people?

He hasn't even applied for reinstatement, Goodell took over two months last time to make a decision, fantasy regular season would be over.  And no way would I trust him in fantasy playoffs his first weeks back.

23 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

I can 100% confirm he is in Cleveland. 

As to what that means, we'll see.. But he's playing this season.

Do you drive for Uber?

3 minutes ago, Marauder said:

He was gonna apply for reinstatement but then he got high...

He was gonna call Roger Goodell but then he got high...

• Like 1

When his last app was denied, he was told he could not reapply until sometime in the fall.

So... That date just may not have arrived yet. All we knew was "fall".

Hold tight, amigos.

23 minutes ago, Soulfly3 said:

When his last app was denied, he was told he could not reapply until sometime in the fall.

So... That date just may not have arrived yet. All we knew was "fall".

Hold tight, amigos.

We are only a few days into October so not that far off but we did get reports that it was September.

Q&A with MKC in August excerpt posted below and link  here:http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/08/now_would_the_browns_welcome_j.html

Hey, Mary Kay: Is there any word on Josh Gordon if there is a reinstatement coming? If so, would he make the team? Chandler Beck, Columbus, Ohio

Hey, Chandler: I would imagine that Gordon has a decent chance to be reinstated considering the NFL gave him three more months to prove he can adhere to his program and not have any missteps. If he's been sober for a year with no failed tests, I think the NFL would be inclined to give him another chance. (He's eligible to re-apply in September). I would wholeheartedly agree with Roger Goodell letting him back in the league if he's been clean for a year. And I think the Browns would strongly consider letting him try to make a go of it if he's turned his life around.

1 hour ago, Chaka said:

He was gonna call Roger Goodell but then he got high...

He was gonna learn the whole playbook....but then he got hiighh.....

• Like 1

Holy crap, there’s a rotoworld update & this topic somehow isn’t at the very top of the forum? :doh: 

how is that possible?!? :shock:

Oct 3 - 7:20 PM

Josh Gordon - WR -  Browns

It remains unclear if the Browns would welcome suspended WR Josh Gordon back to the 53-man roster if he's reinstated.

Per the Cleveland Plain Dealer, the team has been "noncommittal" on the matter. Gordon can apply for reinstatement at any time. He checked out of rehab a week ago. It's unknown how the NFL might decide when/if Gordon applies for reinstatement. Gordon turned 26 in April. The Browns are ludicrously thin at receiver.

Source: Cleveland

eta: wow; dunno what happened wit that cut & paste. Sorry. lol

Edited by Hot Sauce Guy

So basically, :hophead:

whole lotta nuthin! :excited:

1 hour ago, DallasDMac said:

Slow news day in the NFL huh?

It’s like Norm MacDonald is writing for rotoworld now. 

“He’s out of rehab. We dunno if he’s applied. We dunno if the browns want him. We dunno how the NFL would handle it if he applies. There it is, that’s the update. It’s good huh?” 

• Like 1

The fact that he hasn't reapplied is pretty scary. I think that the NFL would reinstate him if he is clean, either way... he doesn't benefit at all by waiting to apply, unless... he's waiting for his system to be clean. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

So is he meeting with Cleveland front office before applying for reinstatement?

We were all counting you YOU to tell us, "Knowledge dropper"!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Otis said:

Incoming.....

Looks like Sharks are bailing here; wonder what the Hawk move is?

Screech!!!

5 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

salivating.

and not just over his abs. 

:lol: 

put the lotion away dude. TMZ did not receive the Josh Gordon nudes they were rumored to have acquired. 

38 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

IMO the Browns don't want him after he bailed last season on them.  

That was totally my impression as well. Specifically their coach, who went above & beyond and out of his way to go to bat with the league for him to get him reinstated last time.

which uh, didn’t work out so good. :doh: 

In my experience, people who put their reputations on the line for other people 1. Don’t enjoy egg on their faces, 2. Don’t often do it twice.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

So is he meeting with Cleveland front office before applying for reinstatement?

He’s met with no one. He hasn’t applied. The update was that there is no update. 

So his snap chat or instagram or whatever the kids use these days said "Sauce intermission".

Isn't "sauce" slang for alcohol?  So he is on a break from alcohol?  Or he's kicking back with a bottle of Jack taking a little break from every day life?

I mean the guy just got out of rehab last week.  Presumably he got out because he demonstrated a desire to change and the will power to fight his inner demons.  Is it possible that he relapsed just a few days after and that's why he isn't reapplying?  Never know with this knucklehead. 

I think I've had it with him. 

5 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

That was totally my impression as well. Specifically their coach, who went above & beyond and out of his way to go to bat with the league for him to get him reinstated last time.

which uh, didn’t work out so good. :doh: 

In my experience, people who put their reputations on the line for other people 1. Don’t enjoy egg on their faces, 2. Don’t often do it twice.

I have on good authority (my dead Grandmother's ghost's 4th stray cat's third mouse heard it from a guy who works in Goodell's private bathroom) that if he applies, he'll be reinstated and immediately signed by either GB or NE. Rodgers and Brady have both already agreed to send him 74% of their passes his way. Estimations on his fantasy production (very likely to start this week) are 139 yards/game and 1.9 Td/game. Giving JG 1668 yards and 22 Td's on the year, winning him the comeback player,of the year,NFL MVP honors, and single handedly winning you your fake football championship. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Scooby1974 said:

I have on good authority (my dead Grandmother's ghost's 4th stray cat's third mouse heard it from a guy who works in Goodell's private bathroom) that if he applies, he'll be reinstated and immediately signed by either GB or NE. Rodgers and Brady have both already agreed to send him 74% of their passes his way. Estimations on his fantasy production (very likely to start this week) are 139 yards/game and 1.9 Td/game. Giving JG 1668 yards and 22 Td's on the year, winning him the comeback player,of the year,NFL MVP honors, and single handedly winning you your fake football championship. 

Pretty sure you’ve underestimated his production by (at least) 30%. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Hot Sauce Guy said:

Pretty sure you’ve underestimated his production by (at least) 30%. 

It's likely, I suck at math.

• Like 1

I think it's time to give up Josh Gordon for the year. I gave it two weeks, I'm done. No news is bad news. But just my luck, he'll get reinstated next week and then the following week he'll go 7 catches for 120 yards and 2 TDs

Edited by thehoch

7 hours ago, Soulfly3 said:

salivating.

and not just over his abs. 

use lotion, I hear he likes it better

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thehoch said:

I think it's time to give up Josh Gordon for the year. I gave it two weeks, I'm done. No news is bad news. But just my luck, he'll get reinstated next week and then the following week he'll go 7 catches for 120 yards and 2 TDs

That's my fear as well.  My league is constantly laughing at me because I've churned JG three times already this young season.  And nobody else is interested.  But you know the fourth time I drop him, he'll then become active and I'll lose him in waivers...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, greyhorse said:

That's my fear as well.  My league is constantly laughing at me because I've churned JG three times already this young season.  And nobody else is interested.  But you know the fourth time I drop him, he'll then become active and I'll lose him in waivers...

+1 :bag:

Edited by Phantom Knight
To add the sack...

The Giants sure can use him! Come on Goodell, just reinstate him without Gordon applying. Your New York team needs some help!

• Like 1

I'm losing faith... again. Not sure why he hasn't reapplied yet, and as far as I know there has been no information if he even has an agent, and certainly there have been no statements from an agent.

Realistically, let's say he applies. How long could Goodell take? Last time it was over two months. Then you have to allow him a week or two to get in practices, not to mention longer if the Browns trade him to another team. The more I think about it, I don't see how he plays this year. There are only 8 weeks left in the fantasy regular season, not sure if I can wait that long.

On October 4, 2017 at 2:10 PM, thehoch said:

So relatively similar to the numbers of a guy like fuller who you could have had?

• Like 1

On 10/4/2017 at 2:10 PM, thehoch said:

There is ZERO chance he gets reinstated, and then plays a week later, let alone gets 7/120/2

• Like 1

Now is the time to trade for him, while his owners are disheartened. Get him for a song. Thank me later. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cold Dead Hands said:

I've been thinking about pairing him with Blackmon. Championship.

Blackmon gave up on life.

Gordon has gone thru the ringer, completed rehab, and is in peak physical shape.

That's an offensive comparison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

There is ZERO chance he gets reinstated, and then plays a week later, let alone gets 7/120/2

I agree 7/120/2 does seem low

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

I was being facetious. But knowing my luck in fantasy, when I drop a guy......for example I just dropped Mike Wallace....and then he goes off for 130 plus yards. See, it happens! HA!

4 hours ago, thehoch said:

I was being facetious. But knowing my luck in fantasy, when I drop a guy......for example I just dropped Mike Wallace....and then he goes off for 130 plus yards. See, it happens! HA!

Well it does help that Wallace can actually play in a game

• Like 1