What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (15 Viewers)

Is one needed? Waldman is the best. If you disagree feel free to elaborate. 
How about if you declare something? The burden of proof is on you to come up with reasons for a pretty hyperbolic comment. You're the one throat punching ponies for repeating things they heard from broadcasts and linking to nothing in lieu of.

Perhaps you can try something out that leads to something productive instead of uttering declarations as gospel.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about if you declare something? The burden of proof is on you to come up with reasons for a pretty hyperbolic comment. You're the one throat punching ponies for repeating things they heard from broadcasts and linking to nothing in lieu of.

Perhaps you can try something out that leads to something productive instead of uttering declarations as gospel.
Fair enough. 

His Weekly Top 10 is a fantastic read each week. He's not married to anyone in the NFL when it comes to evaluation and backs up his opinions with outstanding objective observations all the time. His observations are based in the same format that he utilizes to scout players coming into the NFL. It's not based in like or dislike. He has a system of evaluation that mirrors the way a professional scout evaluates any talent. it's refreshing and unemotional.

Fair enough. 

His Weekly Top 10 is a fantastic read each week. He's not married to anyone in the NFL when it comes to evaluation and backs up his opinions with outstanding objective observations all the time. His observations are based in the same format that he utilizes to scout players coming into the NFL. It's not based in like or dislike. He has a system of evaluation that mirrors the way a professional scout evaluates any talent. it's refreshing and unemotional.
Thanks, Hooper31. For what it's worth, I read him, too, and find him an excellent and dispassionate evaluator. 

Josh Gordon caught 2-of-5 targets for 34 yards in Week 14 against the Rams.

It's another nondescript game for Gordon, who finished behind D.K. Metcalf and Jacob Hollister in targets. This was his best game since coming over from the Patriots, but Gordon has still has to catch more than two passes in any game. Gordon's snaps could start to go up, but he's not a fantasy option right now.

Dec 8, 2019, 11:56 PM ET

Fair enough. 

He’s a great read, but so was the fiction The Lord of the Rings.  Obviously the evaluation model isn’t working. 

Suspended indefinitely for violating the substance abuse policy per Adam Caplan 

Link

edited to add link 

Just so I can reiterate for the 100th time: THIS IS NOT A WEED PROBLEM! 

They don’t disclose what is failing them, I would put a large chunk of change on it being hard drugs causing the repeated failures. This is the end though. 

NFL suspended Seahawks WR Josh Gordon indefinitely.

Gordon has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL policies on performance-enhancing substances and substances of abuse. It marks the fifth time that the NFL has suspended Gordon for violating the league's policy. He finished his tenure with the Seahawks with just seven receptions for 139 scoreless yards in five games.

While unsurprising, it Is a little bit sad. i was kinda hoping he was on the right track. 

that said, his release by the WR-starved Pats makes sense. I don’t understand why it took this long though. 

It's not really that sad anymore. That ended after chance #3, IMO.
I mean, it’s always sad. Maybe no shock to it any more, but it’s never not sad when anyone succumbs to addiction like that.

As someone who’s dabbled in recreational enhancements but doesn’t have a very addictive personality, it’s hard for me to imagine trading getting high for an NFL career.

but then, I’m the kind of guy who can have a single beer with dinner, and move on with my evening while others I know are incapable of that sort of moderation. 

I have been a Gordon supporter for along time.  Years. 

However, when he was not able to stick with New England, I knew that there was an issue.  It was a big red flag.  I knew the support staff that they had surrounded him with.  I suspected he had violated the substance abuse policy there.  This confirms that in my mind.  

I doubt Josh is going to make it back on the field again also.  I think that was it for him.  A shame.

Wish Josh Gordon the best moving forward.

I am more willing to bet he was never able to recapture his previous abilities and was looking for a way to do that.  Most athletes will do anything to compete.  It is a shame for JG.   
I thought he’d said he played high all the time in college & in the magical season. 

i agree he may have thought, “oh, I need to be high - that’s what worked so well before!” because addicts tell themselves stuff like that all the time to justify getting high. 

I honestly was rooting for him in Seattle. Thought he’d finally put it behind him. I can’t imagine what the future looks like for JG now. “Bleak” come to mind. 

There’s no addiction.  He just doesn’t care about football and never has. He comes back long enough to make a million or two and just takes the rest of the year off. He’ll do the same thing next year 

Last catch in an NFL game will be 58 yards, some guys never make a 50 yard catch their entire careers, tragedy and waste of talent.

I used to wish that he would get the help he needed but this is going to go down a long dark path that will likely end with Gordon leaving this World a little before he should, just my gut feelings at this point. 

Last catch in an NFL game will be 58 yards, some guys never make a 50 yard catch their entire careers, tragedy and waste of talent.

I used to wish that he would get the help he needed but this is going to go down a long dark path that will likely end with Gordon leaving this World a little before he should, just my gut feelings at this point. 
Did he study something in college that makes you think he’ll become an astronaut?

I mean, it’s always sad. Maybe no shock to it any more, but it’s never not sad when anyone succumbs to addiction like that.

As someone who’s dabbled in recreational enhancements but doesn’t have a very addictive personality, it’s hard for me to imagine trading getting high for an NFL career.

but then, I’m the kind of guy who can have a single beer with dinner, and move on with my evening while others I know are incapable of that sort of moderation. 

It's still ok to feel empathy for someone who has an addiction.
I’d be willing to agree if it wasn’t PED’s. Even if it was both, the PED’s were a choice, not an addiction.

Gordon is a great example to show young kids just how addictive drugs are 

everyone would say there is NO WAY they'd stay addicted to drugs and give up millions of dollars (tens of millions) .......... and yet that's exactly what happened :(  

damn sad

Like many I am disappointed that we never saw him realize his full potential. One of my favorite years of FF was when I picked him up in 2013 and he went banana's. 

This is an awful comment, regardless of how you feel about guys being spoonfed multiple chances and whether they deserve it or not. 
Why do people think all football players like the game? It’s just a job to some 🤷‍♂️

He’s working the system and getting what he wants. Makes a few million than back to the party. Beats applying at Beat Buy right?

Bigboy10182000 said:
Why do people think all football players like the game? It’s just a job to some 🤷‍♂️

He’s working the system and getting what he wants. Makes a few million than back to the party. Beats applying at Beat Buy right?
Is he though?  Every article and interview I've read has been about how he's too ####ed up to spend time with his kids.

Users who are viewing this thread