What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacquizz Rodgers... What gives (1 Viewer)

Can't wait til the day Turner does retirement. Then after 3 years (and counting), Rotoworld will be right about him.

And perhaps even someday they'll realize being an NFL RB isn't all about running 4.3.

Have a good season.

-----------

Rodgers runs 100 MPH with no vision whatsoever and can't run through trash at the line.

Put him in space and he's a weapon that the Falcons don't have outta the backfield with his quicks. He'll never be fast, but his change of direction ability is very impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
What Gives!?Turner is slow and washed up!!!!!!Why do they keep letting him get all those yards and TDs!?!?!?
Don't let a game against Carolina fool you. While Turner's career definitely isn't over, he's not the same guy he used to be by any stretch.Lendale White could come out of "retirement" and run for 100 yards against Carolina this season.
Doug Martin got 24 carries and still couldn't do it...(I'm not defending Carolina, btw)

What Gives!?Turner is slow and washed up!!!!!!Why do they keep letting him get all those yards and TDs!?!?!?
Don't let a game against Carolina fool you. While Turner's career definitely isn't over, he's not the same guy he used to be by any stretch.Lendale White could come out of "retirement" and run for 100 yards against Carolina this season.
Doug Martin got 24 carries and still couldn't do it...(I'm not defending Carolina, btw)
95 yards. Close enough.

Turner is still better than Quizz, despite being on the downside of his career. The fact is, Turner is hard to bring down once he gets a full head of steam and is running down hill. Seems like he was carrying four or five Panthers sometimes. It takes Turner longer to get that head of steam these days, but he will still beat up the bad teams, and Atlanta plays a lot of them this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Turner ends the year with high RB 2 numbers.

I will say that Quizz still will be the more trusted receiver. Other than the huge receiving touchdown yesterday, you could clearly see Turner doesn't get a lot of receptions. Ryan threw him a few dumpoff passes, and Turner acted like he had no clue what to do.

I think Turner still gets 75% of the carries though.

Turner is still better than Quizz, despite being on the downside of his career. The fact is, Turner is hard to bring down once he gets a full head of steam and is running down hill. Seems like he was carrying four or five Panthers sometimes. It takes Turner longer to get that head of steam these days, but he will still beat up the bad teams, and Atlanta plays a lot of them this year. I wouldn't be surprised if Turner ends the year with high RB 2 numbers.
2010 - 9th 2011 - 7th

2012 - 14th after a slow start

So real high RB2 or low RB1 is likely

#2 back getting snaps on a high-powered offense. So far not great but not alot available out there to make me drop him.

#2 back getting snaps on a high-powered offense. So far not great but not alot available out there to make me drop him.
I have to agree. It's hard to drop him, the potential is there. I wouldn't think much of Turner's big game vs Carolina, their defense is putrid.

I'd drop him w/o question.

He's a bigger liability in the run game than Turner is in the pass game.

Turner goes down, you're looking at Snelling (at worst) splitting 1st/2nd down carries.

He's not a 3 down back (offseason fluff). If he's not playing the poor man's Sproles in that explosive offense, he's worth no more than Leon Washington.

4 touches, 12 yards. glad i didn't buy this hype.

i still think turner has enough left.
I am not going that far but Rodgers is done, the only reason I am holding him in my dynasty league is because there are no running backs on the wire and I am going to need a back when Spiller has his bye.

It seems the whole world says he's done, strange things tend to happen when opinion is tilted so heavily... going to hold on couple more weeks.

'HoTnickZ said:
It seems the whole world says he's done, strange things tend to happen when opinion is tilted so heavily... going to hold on couple more weeks.
Just a hunch or wishful thinking I guess? He hasn't looked good at all with the opportunity he's been given. He's been indecisive, underused, slower than what what I was expecting and just doesn't seem to be putting it together. Plus he's got Snelling to take touches and snaps away from him. Having said that, I too still have yet to drop him due to a pretty thin waiver wire. I am still debating if RBs like Goodson, Tanner, Peerman, Joique Bell & Boldin have better potential value later this season in a redraft league.

I've watched the Falcons a lot this year and I agree that he hasn't looked that good. I think he's actually a decent goal line option, but it seems like he's not THAT quick and just cannot break any tackles.

I own in dynasty.

I jumped off the redraft bandwagon, picking up Mike Goodson to backup Mcfadden. As much as I think Rodgers could produce if given the chance, he just isn't explosive enough to force himself into the Atlanta gameplan like I thought he would.

I'll hold in dynasty though, just in case.

Offered him to the Turner owner, but assuming it gets turned down, I'll cut bait and either pick up Goodson (DMac insurance), Tanner, Bell or a TE to start over Finley.

I just traded him and Finley to the Turner owner for Witten in redraft, and will probably pick up Goodson to back up DMac.

Everyone is cutting bait, including me, which means he will blow up.
Would seem to be the conventional wisdom in FF, but ... haven't we seen enough of a sample size here? I mean, that offense has been clicking on all gears (for the most part), and all Jizz has to really show for it is one featured series (vs. Chargers) which resulted in a TD reception from 9 yards out. Pretty much it.And, ferchrissakes, Turner housed it from 60 couple games ago :excited: ... 'quizz is just plain invisible for now. Cut bait. Gladly. :banned:

I posted this in another thread. It's snap percentage followed by utilization (included targets in passing game).

Jaquizz Rodgers

Week 3 - 47% - 15

Week 4 - 43% - 10

Week 5 - 40% - 5

Week 6 - 38% - 6

the upside for him going into year was he'd be used like sproles. that's not happened at all. he doesn't even have many more rec than turner

at this point (if ur holding rodgers still) is turner injury. but he's been so inept running that imo snelling would handle quite a bit of the load. and it really wouldn't surprise if snelling just played the turner role (and rodger stayed in his role with a handful of additional carries)

did we cross the Rubicon last week?the Quizz finally produced a little bit
Not sure. He had one big run for 40+ yards but it was poor defense and bad tackling on that play from the Eagles. Besides that most of his runs were the same as always...not getting too much. But they did get him involved in the game a bit more and some screen passes. He looked a little better than when I watched him before, but not overly impressive.

This is the only open thread for Jacquizz? Guess that's how his career has gone.

Any news from Bears camp on whether he's having another forgettable preseason?

Is he going to be the lead back until Martin comes back?
Technically, yes, But the games in which he touched the ball 35, 27 and 20 times respectively were the games that Sims missed. I expect Quizz to handle early down work and Sims to handle 3rd down work.

I expect Sims to be involved all season.

Technically, yes, But the games in which he touched the ball 35, 27 and 20 times respectively were the games that Sims missed. I expect Quizz to handle early down work and Sims to handle 3rd down work.

You shut your whore mouth about Sims taking any of Quiz's touches. :)

i might be facing both Zeke and David Johnson this week. 

That is a very good point that Quizz was really the only man standing when he got that huge workload. I agree that Sims will probably be involved with Quizz starting, but Quizz is a pretty darn good receiving back himself - so he may get some receptions as well. 

I don't get it. Doug Martin is suspended for 4 games. You are still getting this guy for 4 games correct?

The suspension  is based on games and not weeks is my understanding....

I don't get it. Doug Martin is suspended for 4 games. You are still getting this guy for 4 games correct?

The suspension  is based on games and not weeks is my understanding....
Correct - they're not going to give Martin credit for a hurricane.

Doug already served 1 game last year. Has a 3 game suspension and week 1 bye so eligible to play week 5 but then has no bye week ROS.

Users who are viewing this thread