What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nick Foles era (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

The Philadelphia Daily News' Les Bowen reports the Eagles are not interested in reacquiring Rams QB Nick Foles.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday new coach Doug Pederson was interested in the Eagles' former quarterback, but a source told Bowen, "There is no chance the team will reacquire Foles." If accurate, it is the right decision by Philadelphia. Foles has not shown anything the last two seasons to suggest he is markedly better than current No. 2 Mark Sanchez, and trading even a late-round pick to acquire what looks like a bad contract is not a sound way to build a football team. The Rams are likely stuck with Foles until they can get out of his contract next offseason.

Related: Eagles

Source: The Philadelphia Daily News
Feb 8 - 10:07 AM

ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner considers Nick Foles "the most likely option to be deleted" if Los Angeles adds an outside quarterback.
The Rams have made surprisingly little effort to upgrade at quarterback this offseason and aren't in a position to draft Carson Wentz or Jared Goff. That leaves Case Keenum as the default starter ahead of Foles and Sean Mannion. Los Angeles likes Mannion's upside and would hesitate to move him. Realistically, the Rams' window for trading Foles has probably closed now that his $6 million roster bonus is fully guaranteed. Robert Griffin III is known to be intrigued by Los Angeles but that interest appears to be one-sided.

Source: ESPN.com 
Mar 13 - 9:21 AM

a snip for context-

Wyche added that the Rams do not have a mandatory mini-camp scheduled so Foles could miss all voluntary work over the next few weeks without being fined. Foles could face fines should he decided to hold out from training camp this summer.

Coach Jeff Fisher addressed Foles' absence after Wednesday's session.

"I've had conversations with Nick and we're on the same page," Fisher said. "And we're trying to work things out. "We're in the process of sorting things out with Nick. It has nothing to do with him not wanting to come in and compete at all. He's very, very competitive. We appreciate everything he did for us and his leadership (and) his teammates miss him."

The likelihood of Foles not being on the Rams' roster this season has probably played into his decision to not participate in OTAs, Fisher said.

"I think Nick has the feeling that if things stay the same he's probably not going to be on the roster," Fisher said. "But beyond that it was more of a mutual thing, not that we said don't come. It was just say 'Hey coach I'd just rather, I'd just rather stay away until we get things worked out.' And I said I'm fine with that."

I think the best thing Foles can do is get Chip on the phone.

I consider him jekyl and hyde. He was a fine, if not impressive, quarterback in Philly and didn't care for him with the Rams. I would not guess his career is over.

Who is Eli's backup? Maybe he can go there.

Is Tannehill going to fail? Maybe there

Is Osweiler not as good as advertised? 

His agent should be shopping him (and the Rams give him permission to) to at least find a good backup opportunity.

What if Romo gets hurt? Is Kellen or Dak going to lead them? There's gotta be someway some team his agent can pitch him to

Chip is not interested in Foles, people.  He could have kept him for like $1 million after he lit it up in his system, but Chip preferred to pay Bradford $13 million and trade away a 2nd-round pick.

After reading that article I am thinking Steelers, Chiefs or Cowboys.  I can't see him fitting in Seattle even if they are desperate for a backup.

Seems there are a lot of teams where he would be an upgrade on the depth chart.

Doubt he is unemployed for long.
There's no shame in being maybe the 45th-best QB in the NFL. Not only will be get another job, I expect he'll be on an NFL roster into his 30s. And he'll make another eight figures or close to it before he hangs 'em up. I wish him the best.

IMO he would be a good signing by the Vikings.  Level headed young QB with playing experience to backup Teddy.  I think he is better than Shaun Hill. 

I think he'll be a viable starter again... along the lines of Fitzpatrick.  The truth is somewhere in-between the Eagles and the Rams IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the rumored teams I would be looking hard at Dallas if I'm Foles.  Romo is old and I'm not sure how long he can hold together between his collar bone and back.  Seems like a great come in and learn the system and take over in a year or two spot.

In the words of Broken Matt Hardy, "it's ovah"
In a league where guys like Matt Cassell and Chad Henne can get starting jobs well after their prime, I think Foles will be around for awhile. It'll be 2025 and he'll be starting for New Orleans or something with a Fitzpatrick beard and people will say, "damn he's still in the league?"

ESPN 1500 Twin Cities' Patrick Reusse is "hearing" free agent Nick Foles has been promised a chance to compete for the starting job if he signs with the Vikings.
Yeah, no. Even if that's something that's being whispered to Foles' agent behind the scenes, it has no practical bearing on reality. Teddy Bridgewater isn't exactly an upper-echelon starter, but he's well established as being better than Foles. Few things generate more fanciful scenarios than backup-quality quarterbacks.

Related: Vikings

Source: Patrick Reusse on Twitter 
Jul 28 - 8:03 PM

Sounds like he is trying to set up a buy low scenario for Teddy in his fantasy league
I read a lot of Vikings stuff but I try to avoid reading his stuff. Bad blood from when the team wasn't good and he is one of those writers who likes to kick the team when they are down. Pretty negative outlook on the team all together regardless of how good they are. He is one of those writers who would rather talk about baseball or something and I wish would just leave football alone.

He is likely one of the many Teddy haters who think the QB position is all about being tall and having a cannon arm. I have to guess on that though because I don't read his stuff.

Star Tribune: Patrick Reusse apparently was allowed to whine and complain in a newspaper editorial about not being invited to the Purple Gala. LINK

Chiefs signed QB Nick Foles.

ESPN's Adam Schefter linked the Chiefs to Foles earlier Wednesday, and the two sides quickly struck a deal to reunite Foles with head coach Andy Reid. Foles was drafted by Reid in Philadelphia back in 2012 at No. 88 overall. He started six games for Reid that year, completing 60.8 percent of his passes with a 6:5 TD:INT ratio. Foles gives the Chiefs a quality No. 2 to Alex Smith. Tyler Bray, Aaron Murray, and Kevin Hogan may be competing for one (or none) roster spot.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter 
Aug 4 - 12:55 AM

Ian Rapoport - #KCChiefs coach Andy Reid says QB Nick Foles will start this week, with Alex Smith in the protocol.

:popcorn:

Ian Rapoport - #KCChiefs coach Andy Reid says QB Nick Foles will start this week, with Alex Smith in the protocol.

:popcorn:
What protocol?  I thought they said Smith did NOT sustain a concussion.  They were pretty adamant about it, right?  Does this mean 1) they are admitting they lied or 2) that they are having trouble keeping their lies straight?

Who's starting him this week? Anyone? Anyone? :tumbleweeds:

FWIW, I like his deep passing stat potential this week against the undisciplined and oft burned Jacksonville secondary.  I'm not looking for top end numbers but still think 200 yards and 2 TD's isn't out of the question. For my scoring rules in start 2,  I'll take that. 

Who's starting him this week? Anyone? Anyone? :tumbleweeds:

FWIW, I like his deep passing stat potential this week against the undisciplined and oft burned Jacksonville secondary.  I'm not looking for top end numbers but still think 200 yards and 2 TD's isn't out of the question. For my scoring rules in start 2,  I'll take that. 
I'm rolling him out with some confidence in a 2QB league. He looked good last week, instantly makes the WR better and has to be hungry to get a starting job somewhere. Also, their running game is banged up so I expect them to air it out more against a weak Jax playing on the road.

25/38 290 3 1

I don't have high expectations, but if I end up with him as my Wentz replacement it won't be the end of the world. They have two good match-ups to finish the year.

Putting in claims for both him and Jimmy G.

Users who are viewing this thread