What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nick Foles era (4 Viewers)

Two questions:
1) Can he be a top 12 fantasy QB?
2) If so, where would he need to land for that to happen?

Not too many potential landing spots:
CIN - ready to move on from Dalton? 3 years in a row without a playoff appearance. Those 1st round losses used to be enough...
MIA - still a lot of dead cap in Tannehill next year and he's looked fairly good when healthy
JAX - still a lot of dead cap in Bortles next year, but he has looked bad
DEN - a real possibility, but basically starting from scratch at WR/TE
WAS - depends on Alex Smith's health... so much dead cap through 2020

Also something to consider: Bridgewater will be an enticing free agent.

Two questions:

CIN - ready to move on from Dalton? 3 years in a row without a playoff appearance. Those 1st round losses used to be enough...
MIA - still a lot of dead cap in Tannehill next year and he's looked fairly good when healthy

Jax and Denver seem the most likely spots for him to go to and just step right in. Denver's cap looks good but the Jags need work. There's a lot of players they could let go to get down though if they wanted to. A lot of WR talent in Jacksonville with a solid RB when they all stay healthy. Denver has a solid Running game but yes very young WRs. They'd need to add a FA or two to bolster the roster. 

Mia and Cincy seem tied to their QBs unfortunately. Washington has some cap space but they lose it all if they move on from Alex Smith. $16m cap hit if they cut him. Gonna be tough for then to give a competitive deal to Foles.

Don’t tell me how to raise my kids. 

Thanks. 
I had to go back and read what this stems from. Seriously? Aren't you and Deamon on the same fan base??@Deamon may have strong opinions but he doesn't deserve this BS. I'm very surprised this other dude has even been allowed back... Hopefully it's a 12 year old that has just hacked his account.

I had to go back and read what this stems from. Seriously? Aren't you and Deamon on the same fan base??@Deamon may have strong opinions but he doesn't deserve this BS. I'm very surprised this other dude has even been allowed back... Hopefully it's a 12 year old that has just hacked his account.
I'm pretty sure this ShaHBucks dude is coming off a year or two suspension. Used to post in eagles thread a few years back. He was awful. Shocked to see he wasn't banned for life to be honest with you.  

The rest of us in the FBG Eagles cohort are not fans of ShahBucks, dating back to Foles’ first stint with the team.

Naw he was always like that.  I'm not afraid to post when I made a bad call about something (I didn't think Foles was good enough to win us the SB and admitted to being wrong on that), but some posters just have a complex with 'being right" or making the right call about something and it turns into an obsession.  He was off the boards for 2 years then day after the SB came and went off his rocker to rub in the Foles thing.

I'm pretty sure this ShaHBucks dude is coming off a year or two suspension. Used to post in eagles thread a few years back. He was awful. Shocked to see he wasn't banned for life to be honest with you.  
Ya he used to tell posters to hang themselves and stuff.  Was quite disturbing. 

Jax and Denver seem the most likely spots for him to go to and just step right in. Denver's cap looks good but the Jags need work. There's a lot of players they could let go to get down though if they wanted to. A lot of WR talent in Jacksonville with a solid RB when they all stay healthy. Denver has a solid Running game but yes very young WRs. They'd need to add a FA or two to bolster the roster. 

Mia and Cincy seem tied to their QBs unfortunately. Washington has some cap space but they lose it all if they move on from Alex Smith. $16m cap hit if they cut him. Gonna be tough for then to give a competitive deal to Foles.
It was reported that Miami is moving on from Tannehill this offseason.  If that's the case, that seems like a pretty good landing spot for him maybe?  I still think he ends up on an afc team somewhere, so Jax and Mia make the most sense.

Naw he was always like that.  I'm not afraid to post when I made a bad call about something (I didn't think Foles was good enough to win us the SB and admitted to being wrong on that), but some posters just have a complex with 'being right" or making the right call about something and it turns into an obsession.  He was off the boards for 2 years then day after the SB came and went off his rocker to rub in the Foles thing.

Yeah, he was always crying about getting rid of Foles. Then, when Foles ended up being terrible and losing his starting job with the Rams, he totally disappeared. Lol. No backbone whatsoever. 

FF Ninja said:
Two questions:

I just realized I forgot to add NYG. They'll definitely be looking for a QB... right?? If so, that's a nice gig if they can get an OL. However, that's a big IF.

I just realized I forgot to add NYG. They'll definitely be looking for a QB... right?? If so, that's a nice gig if they can get an OL. However, that's a big IF.
Yes but are they looking for a starter or a placeholder? Seems they'll be in a position to take a top QB if they want. They still owe Eli $23m next year and then after that he's gone. Do they want to invest another $20-25m per year for a starter.

Yes but are they looking for a starter or a placeholder? Seems they'll be in a position to take a top QB if they want. They still owe Eli $23m next year and then after that he's gone. Do they want to invest another $20-25m per year for a starter.
Foles is 29, will be 30 next year (actually next month). Eli's dead cap is only $6.2M so they'd save $17M by cutting him. I'm no expert, but from my cursory research there is no elite QB in this draft. Herbert was the tallest midget so to say, but he's going back to Oregon.

I'm not saying Foles is the right choice for them, but if they want to compete in 2019 Foles or Bridgewater will be the best solution. 

Yeah, he was always crying about getting rid of Foles. Then, when Foles ended up being terrible and losing his starting job with the Rams, he totally disappeared. Lol. No backbone whatsoever. 
Crying? I was right. Nick Foles > Sam Bradford. I even said it would lead to Chip Kelly’s demise. 

Too bad you could just read this thread and see the Rams bit isn’t true. I cried about Jeff Fisher. 

It was two week. Wouldn’t care if it was a lifetime ban to be honest with you. 

Poster, not plural. I was being attacked for having a contrian take, like usual, by a gang of people(including you). I threw an insult back. I actually hashed that out with the guy through private messages. You clearly took it literally. 

You still into Blake Bortles?

A 12 year old knowing more about football than Deamon and JuniorNB seems plausible 

Last edited by a moderator:
The perfect spot for him would be Chicago...that coach the system and the skill players....dont think he would mesh well in nyg or jax....

Have to see what denver or miami do...but the Broncos have a system they run regardless of coach it seems and Miami would have to run a foles friendly system

The perfect spot for him would be Chicago...that coach the system and the skill players....dont think he would mesh well in nyg or jax....

Have to see what denver or miami do...but the Broncos have a system they run regardless of coach it seems and Miami would have to run a foles friendly system
Foles doesn’t seem like a guy that would jump to a division rival(ie Favre). If the money is right then ehh I get it. 

Denver is interesting with Sutton/Hamilton and Linsy/Freeman. Same with Jax. 

Jamie Apody‏Verified account @JamieApody

Follow Follow @JamieApody

More

There's a ZZ Top song called "Jesus Just Left Chicago"

Jesus just left Chicago And he's bound for New Orleans Well now, Jesus just left Chicago And he's bound for New Orleans ...Muddy water turned to wine Yeah, yeah Then out to California through the forests and the pines.

🤔

Jesus just left Chicago And he's bound for New Orleans Well now, Jesus just left Chicago And he's bound for New Orleans ...Muddy water turned to wine Yeah, yeah Then out to California through the forests and the pines.
That's messed up.

Jamie Apody‏Verified account @JamieApody

Follow Follow @JamieApody

More

There's a ZZ Top song called "Jesus Just Left Chicago"

🤔
That’s a great tune from a great band! Never knew those lyrics after the opening title riff. Brilliant!

Foles doesn’t seem like a guy that would jump to a division rival(ie Favre). If the money is right then ehh I get it. 

Denver is interesting with Sutton/Hamilton and Linsy/Freeman. Same with Jax. 
Denver makes the most sense. They still have a window with a good defense and young upcoming talent on offense. Not sure how their Oline is though. It also depends on  the new coach. He might want them to draft a kid that they can groom.

Denver makes the most sense. They still have a window with a good defense and young upcoming talent on offense. Not sure how their Oline is though. It also depends on  the new coach. He might want them to draft a kid that they can groom.
Not denver elway wants to run a kubiak style offense....flacco a better fit for denver.....foles is kind of stuck...i don't see an ideal fit for him unless someone hires diflillipo say in miami....

Paxton Lynch, Zac Dysert, Brock Osweiler, Chad Kelly... Good luck with that strategy. 

Why not do both?

Not denver elway wants to run a kubiak style offense....flacco a better fit for denver.....foles is kind of stuck...i don't see an ideal fit for him unless someone hires diflillipo say in miami....
Borrowing from his book, I think he learned better from the Jeff Fisher days than to sit back and not put his imprint on the offense. But who knows. Coaches/GM never cease to surprise me.

So if the Eagles win the Super Bowl this year, does Foles get into the HOF? 

Sounds crazy, but consider this one fact: If you say the NYG and Raider games last year were must win for the Eagles to get the #1 seed and that they wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without the #1 seed, then Foles would have won 12 straight must win games to win 2 Super Bowls (5 last year, 7 this year) and 9 of those games would have been against teams that won 10 or more games and 6 of those games would have been on the road, and 2 at a neutral site.

Obviously, this hypothetical will most likely not come true, but it would be a feat that no other QB has accomplished.

dhockster said:

Sounds crazy, but consider this one fact: If you say the NYG and Raider games last year were must win for the Eagles to get the #1 seed and that they wouldn't have won the Super Bowl without the #1 seed, then Foles would have won 12 straight must win games to win 2 Super Bowls (5 last year, 7 this year) and 9 of those games would have been against teams that won 10 or more games and 6 of those games would have been on the road, and 2 at a neutral site.

Obviously, this hypothetical will most likely not come true, but it would be a feat that no other QB has accomplished.
HOF is mostly about stats.  I don't see him getting in without a much bigger body of work and higher numbers.  He could still get that if he becomes a super star on another team, but I don't think these 10 games are enough based on how those guys vote.

dhockster said:

No. Not just with that. Not nearly enough career stats yet. He'd need to go on an epic tear for his new team averaging 4500-30-7 for the next 8-10 years.

He'd also probably have to win a super Bowl either the new team just to prove it wasn't just a case of getting it done in a short season.

Users who are viewing this thread