What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Julio Jones, PHI (1 Viewer)

Ryan's throws were horrible last night. I think he is in a slump, quite similar to a hitter in baseball, ever since the SB collapse vs the Pats. 

Ryan's throws were horrible last night. I think he is in a slump, quite similar to a hitter in baseball, ever since the SB collapse vs the Pats. 
Really his performance last year was very comparable to most of his career. He has had 2 outlier seasons. The crazy 2016 and 2012 when Julio, Roddy and Tony Gonzalez were all performing at a high level. It's nice to have 3 pass catchers who have a combined 23 Pro Bowls. Outside of those 2 years, Ryan has never been elite. 

Julio Jones is on pace to get 96 more targets than the most targeted WR of all time, over the course of a season (Rob Moore, 208 in 1997). Who needs TDs?

Of course kidding. I’m still in the camp though he gets more than three TDs this year. Inconceivable he keeps this trend up.

Julio Jones is on pace to get 96 more targets than the most targeted WR of all time, over the course of a season (Rob Moore, 208 in 1997). Who needs TDs?

Of course kidding. I’m still in the camp though he gets more than three TDs this year. Inconceivable he keeps this trend up.
He's going to need to get them via yards after the catch or deep throws because they sure as #### aren't going to happen at the RZ or at the GL. I'll be happy with like 100/1600/5 though. 

Josh Hermsmeyer‏ @friscojosh 8h8 hours ago

Julio Jones saw 282 air yards last night, a target share of 44%, a share of team air yards of 74%, and a Weighted Opportunity Rating (WOPR) of 1.18, the highest I've ever seen.

I just shook my head on that no catch call.
Announcers made some comment about an effort to let more calls stand this year (or something to that effect).  Turrible.... just turrible rationale here.  Should be one objective - get the call right!

Along those same lines, Agholor was given a catch in the last 2 minutes of the first half that they didn't even review.  Looked like a foot was off the ground.

I own Julio but several problems in the red zone.  I never see separation.  Everything is a sideline jump ball or ball thrown high over the middle.  He hasn't been good going high for the ball (see SuperBowl).  They don't execute back shoulder throws well.  Not great on very short routes.  See the INT last night.  Totally on a different page from Ryan.  They don't run effective pick or screen plays for WRs.  There is just no deception or separation.  Everything is contested.  You'd think he'd get wide open with his skill at some point.  Doesn't happen. Bizarre really. 

I saw a QB SUCKING on deep throws.

I saw a WR looking EFFING CLUELESS in the red zone.  Bad enough I stopped questioning why he wasn't on the field that first possession from the 1.

I saw a QB and WR who on several plays looked like they had never played together before.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own Julio but several problems in the red zone.  I never see separation.  Everything is a sideline jump ball or ball thrown high over the middle.  He hasn't been good going high for the ball (see SuperBowl).  They don't execute back shoulder throws well.  Not great on very short routes.  See the INT last night.  Totally on a different page from Ryan.  They don't run effective pick or screen plays for WRs.  There is just no deception or separation.  Everything is contested.  You'd think he'd get wide open with his skill at some point.  Doesn't happen. Bizarre really. 
It is really odd. I guess it just comes down to the fact that some receivers don’t function well with short fields. I haven’t seen enough of Julio to make an objective judgment but really the only thing I can come up with. Your description sounds apt for it. 

This is the first year in a while that I don't own major shares of Julio.  Last night's game was so typical.  Lots of catches, lots of yards, a good number of fantasy points.  You should be happy, but you're still left frustrated as it could have been so much more.

So done with this chump.  Would trade him but can't get anything for him.  Tried trading him all off-season and didn't get a single offer.

So done with this chump.  Would trade him but can't get anything for him.  Tried trading him all off-season and didn't get a single offer.
He would’ve been 120-1 if Ryan could’ve thrown that ball a little farther.  

He is frustrating.  So much seemingly left in the field each week. 

Will this guy ever score?

TD heavy league...might as well be TD only...benched him last week and likely will again today for Diggs.

Not that its a bad problem to have and still have Diggs.

Im tired of my stud WRs (Julio, AB) getting one upped by these 2s abusing 2nd rate CBs while my guy gets doubled.  :rant:

Finally got an offer.  Chubb and next year #1 (probably going to be 1.11 or 1.12) for Julio.

Dynasty, non-PPR, point every 20 yards rushing/receiving (which makes Julio even less valuable IMO for lack of TDs).

Thoughts?

Finally got an offer.  Chubb and next year #1 (probably going to be 1.11 or 1.12) for Julio.

Dynasty, non-PPR, point every 20 yards rushing/receiving (which makes Julio even less valuable IMO for lack of TDs).

Thoughts?
I'd easily take that.  Getting Chubb (who was top 5 rookie pick) and a future 1st for Julio at this stage in his career is a steal.  

Been hearing this for what seems like ages.  The OC in Atlanta is a buffoon.  Does anybody have confidence in that guy?
I was a Julio owner from his rookie season up until last season. Steve Sarkisian is the reason I finally traded Julio away. Got tired of the BS play calling. 

Don't put it on Sark, Shanahan never turned him into the TD machine we all think (thought) he could be either.

At some point you have to question the player.

This thread is funny. Dudes lowest yard total of the season is what? 65? And he’s gone over 150 twice? He’s had at least 5 grabs every week too? 

At this point, he is who he is- probably not going to catch 10, hell, even 8 touchdowns. But the guy is on pace for like 130-1800 lol. I’m sure he will catch his normal 5-6 tds and finish as a top 5-7 WR?

This thread is funny. Dudes lowest yard total of the season is what? 65? And he’s gone over 150 twice? He’s had at least 5 grabs every week too? 

At this point, he is who he is- probably not going to catch 10, hell, even 8 touchdowns. But the guy is on pace for like 130-1800 lol. I’m sure he will catch his normal 5-6 tds and finish as a top 5-7 WR?
Expected over-reaction because last game was so frustrating and another wasted match-up. But agree with your overall point. He's 3rd in total yards and yards per game so I wouldn't panic just yet.

I'd easily take that.  Getting Chubb (who was top 5 rookie pick) and a future 1st for Julio at this stage in his career is a steal.  
He backed out of the Chubb offer, but I traded him Julio for his #1 and #3 next year (2019) and his #1 in 2020.

Only problem is that they are going to be very low 1st-rounders, but at this point I'll take it to be rid of this lineup killer.

He backed out of the Chubb offer, but I traded him Julio for his #1 and #3 next year (2019) and his #1 in 2020.

Only problem is that they are going to be very low 1st-rounders, but at this point I'll take it to be rid of this lineup killer.
Which week this year did he kill your lineup?? 

Check this one out. 

Got a trade offer:

His TJ Watt

for

My Julio Jones AND a 2019 2nd round rookie pick.

Yeah, let me jump all over that.

Julio Jones caught 9-of-12 targets for 104 yards in the Falcons' 23-20, Week 7 win over the Giants on Monday night.

Standard day at the office for Jones; he got his 100 yards and remains without a touchdown on the season. There was an opening for one, but Matt Ryan underthrew Jones on what should have been a walk-in 60-yard touchdown. Ryan hit his hand on a helmet on the follow-through, and Jones had to stop for the ball, drawing a 38-yard pass interference instead. On two of the next three plays, Ryan tried to get Jones the ball in the end zone, but Jones was double-covered both times. Jones also lost a fumble in this one. The Falcons are on their bye now before going to D.C. in Week 9.

Oct 22 - 11:23 PM

I've owned Jones since he came into the league, up until I traded him a couple of weeks ago.  So I've watched the Falcons a lot and there are several things you can count on each and every week:

1. Matt Ryan will underthrow him on every long play and he'll get tackled at the 10.

2. Julio will then pull himself from the game, which I'm pretty sure he does after every catch longer than 10 yards. I've never seen someone take himself out of the game after seemingly every catch as much as he does. A lot of players do this nowadays and it drives me nuts. Can anyone here who's ever played sports imagine pulling yourself from a game after making a big play?  Can you see Emmitt Smith doing this?  No, you want the ball again.

3. Matt Ryan can be laser sharp everywhere else on the field, but he will make 5 awful throws to Julio in the end zone that are nowhere close.

Users who are viewing this thread