Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

It’s nice to be up solidly on a red day for all the stocks I follow. Definitely feels nice to buck the trend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So somebody on wallstreetbets took 75k of 1 day otm calls and turned it into 1M.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Lost One said:

Quick question, fidelity or TD, or other, which would you choose to open an account with as a new investor?

Those are the two I have and I prefer Fidelity. Their layout and interface and readily accessible info are all better than TD imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cosjobs said:
2 hours ago, The Lost One said:

Quick question, fidelity or TD, or other, which would you choose to open an account with as a new investor?

Those are the two I have and I prefer Fidelity. Their layout and interface and readily accessible info are all better than TD imo

I’m certainly no expert as I’ve just recently started investing but when I was doing what you are and trying to figure out who to go with I ultimately settled on Fidelity.  I liked their interface and low fee’s.  It’s only been a few months but I’m happy with them so far.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little public service announcement from the guy who picked Luckin Coffee (LK) in the FBG 2020 prediction pool. Down 20% today on fraud charges. Not sure if this is a buying opportunity (I've been watching it skyrocket for two months) but after a few days, we'll see where it shakes out. Trading at $29 as I type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Just a little public service announcement from the guy who picked Luckin Coffee (LK) in the FBG 2020 prediction pool. Down 20% today on fraud charges. Not sure if this is a buying opportunity (I've been watching it skyrocket for two months) but after a few days, we'll see where it shakes out. Trading at $29 as I type.

Just bad luck(in) I guess.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I’m certainly no expert as I’ve just recently started investing but when I was doing what you are and trying to figure out who to go with I ultimately settled on Fidelity.  I liked their interface and low fee’s.  It’s only been a few months but I’m happy with them so far.  

Great info/ insight. I was leaning Fidelity as well.  Just read that they were ranked #1 overall in 2019 slightly ahead of TD and with TD just being bought out by Schwab, that could add changes that aren't positive. 

Fidelity it is!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Just a little public service announcement from the guy who picked Luckin Coffee (LK) in the FBG 2020 prediction pool. Down 20% today on fraud charges. Not sure if this is a buying opportunity (I've been watching it skyrocket for two months) but after a few days, we'll see where it shakes out. Trading at $29 as I type.

Charges from Muddy Waters. Who is short Luckin. It's what they do. Short company, levy fraud charges, make their $$, move on to next target. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Just a little public service announcement from the guy who picked Luckin Coffee (LK) in the FBG 2020 prediction pool. Down 20% today on fraud charges. Not sure if this is a buying opportunity (I've been watching it skyrocket for two months) but after a few days, we'll see where it shakes out. Trading at $29 as I type.

Wow, interesting. Back to $31, but is it worth a buy? If they truly did fudge numbers that’s really bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All I know is that I’m up 2% on a day where the S&P is down 1.6%. Feels good. I have a list of probably 50 stocks I watch and two are barely green (own 1 of those) and 2 are bright green. AMZN and CYDY. They are covering all my other losses (AMZN is my largest holding). I do sense a little downdraft overall here. Coronavirus sure, but methinks there’s a lot of profit taking as well. Been a long positive run.

Edited by stbugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fascinating story about the guy that caused the flash crash a few years back.  Turns out he is an autistic savant who saw the markets as a video game and played to win.  And he won bigly, though he didn't have a profit motive in doing so.  That sounds contradictory but the story explains it pretty well.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a 159.73 million sell volume at 12:25pm in the DOW.  Is that number total shares traded at that moment?   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cosjobs said:

Those are the two I have and I prefer Fidelity. Their layout and interface and readily accessible info are all better than TD imo.

Did you open both brokerage and cash management account or just a brokerage account?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

I’m certainly no expert as I’ve just recently started investing but when I was doing what you are and trying to figure out who to go with I ultimately settled on Fidelity.  I liked their interface and low fee’s.  It’s only been a few months but I’m happy with them so far.  

Did you open both brokerage and cash management account or just a brokerage account?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Roosting yet?

I think this one's different from bird flu

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I think this one's different from bird flu

I'm looking at beaten down sectors here.  Energy, lodging, transportation, casinos.

Bought some PK right before this whole thing started up (so really I'm the cause of all this) and it's gotten to ridiculously attractive levels now.  Also, not sure when the bottom is in on this, but the oil majors have been pummeled and look pretty good.

Edited by Sand

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering about companies like IQ and NFLX. If EVERYBODY'S home sick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

Did you open both brokerage and cash management account or just a brokerage account?  

I opened a 529 for my daughters college and a brokerage account (I believe).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I opened a 529 for my daughters college and a brokerage account (I believe).  

Yeah, I'm just doing the brokerage account. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
Wine. Probably
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Lost One said:

Great info/ insight. I was leaning Fidelity as well.  Just read that they were ranked #1 overall in 2019 slightly ahead of TD and with TD just being bought out by Schwab, that could add changes that aren't positive. 

Fidelity it is!

I invest with Fidelity and their zero fee funds have been awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Lost One said:

How much?

Sorry. They're gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blame Otis. He has weddings to fund.

  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The Lost One said:

Did you open both brokerage and cash management account or just a brokerage account?  

not sure the difference in these accounts.

I use TD for some Roths and Fidelity as my gambling stake and another Roth.

No real reason to split Roths, but I cashed in $14000 of CYDY from my Fidelity gambling account and want to move it to my Roth. But rather than wait the extra days going from Fidelity to TD, I just opened another Roth at Fidelity. Also, as soon as the cash hits the new Roth, I will reinvest it all in CYDY. Would not mind a slight dip at that point.

I like homerun longshot position in my Roth. No taxes on homeruns are sweet

eta - I keep about 75-80% of my retirement in a very conservative 401k. That should fund basic retirement. The Roth determines how much fun I have over basic.

 

Edited by cosjobs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Charges from Muddy Waters. Who is short Luckin. It's what they do. Short company, levy fraud charges, make their $$, move on to next target. 

I'd like a copy of that newsletter the week before

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Lost One said:

How much?

I have two for sale. They're at 24.50 now in after hours trading

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What means this? That is, how does it affect me and the stock price?

CytoDyn holders file for equity offering

Jan. 31, 2020 7:01 PM ET|About: CytoDyn Inc. (CYDY)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor 

CytoDyn (OTCQB:CYDY) holders have filed to offer up to 16.03M shares, including shares underlying warrants and preferred stock.

The shares include 6.41M shares underlying shares of preferred stock issued to the selling stockholders; just over 8M shares underlying warrants to purchase common stock; and 1.62M shares issued in connection with financial advisory fees.

The company won't receive any proceeds from the sale of shares.

The list of selling stockholders include Thomas Mollick (holder of a 1.4% stake), and Cool Blue Capital (1.1% stake).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm no expert but it sounds like "Crazy Eddie" Antar's involved in this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grateful for the $10k I've made on CYDY in a very short span; wishing I'd have gotten in earlier and heavier!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, cosjobs said:

What means this? That is, how does it affect me and the stock price?

CytoDyn holders file for equity offering

Jan. 31, 2020 7:01 PM ET|About: CytoDyn Inc. (CYDY)|By: Jason Aycock, SA News Editor 

CytoDyn (OTCQB:CYDY) holders have filed to offer up to 16.03M shares, including shares underlying warrants and preferred stock.

The shares include 6.41M shares underlying shares of preferred stock issued to the selling stockholders; just over 8M shares underlying warrants to purchase common stock; and 1.62M shares issued in connection with financial advisory fees.

The company won't receive any proceeds from the sale of shares.

The list of selling stockholders include Thomas Mollick (holder of a 1.4% stake), and Cool Blue Capital (1.1% stake).

I read it as Chet got his deal to buy shares from existing shareholders.

i dont think it will impact the price but not a bad thing to have a new investor soak up these shares

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Lost One said:

Is CYDY still worth buying or has that ship sailed?

Chet says that there is still money to be made. Most on this board, I think, are holding and/or accumulating.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, djmich said:

I read it as Chet got his deal to buy shares from existing shareholders.

i dont think it will impact the price but not a bad thing to have a new investor soak up these shares

Agree.  I’m no expert but I read it as being non dilutive to current shareholders.  Part of the already authorized 700M shares and not creating new shares.  Now there will be new shares able to trade and as djmich says could be an avenue for  private buy/sell not on the open market.

Edited by Taxguy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Chet says that there is still money to be made. Most on this board, I think, are holding and/or accumulating.

Ummm, who's Chet?  Yes, I'm a noob.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Lost One said:

Ummm, who's Chet?  Yes, I'm a noob.

The guy who turned us all on to CYDY.  

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, pecorino said:

Chet says that there is still money to be made. Most on this board, I think, are holding and/or accumulating.

I tend to think about market cap versus stock price when looking out to future for CYDY. Current market cap around $640M
 

potential sales for HIV have been thrown around in this thread at $5-8B.  Pharmaceutical companies trade at X times sales, say 5 times.  Low end just based on HIV is $25B market cap which is about 40 times where we are now.

now layer on the cancer and other potential markets and I see CYDY as still worth buying.

(don’t hold me to the numbers above, more to paint a picture based on past posts by others)

 

Edited by Taxguy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a window jump event for Tesla shorts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Capella said:

Wow-weeee Tesla 

Getting ridiculous. They beat their revenue number by 4% (missed revenue number the past 3 quarters) and earnings by 17%. Stock is up 50% since Wednesday. Serious short squeeze. Candy land price target of $7000 is creating some serious frothiness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Getting ridiculous. They beat their revenue number by 4% (missed revenue number the past 3 quarters) and earnings by 17%. Stock is up 50% since Wednesday. Serious short squeeze. Candy land price target of $7000 is creating some serious frothiness.

I bought a handful last week and sure wasn’t expecting this. Good lord. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, culdeus said:

This is a window jump event for Tesla shorts.  

Yea that can’t be a good feeling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Capella said:

Yea that can’t be a good feeling. 

I mean that thing went up so fast the margin calls could have gone circuit breaker mode.   Could have people getting called and still owing a #### ton.   Need to go look in on wsb.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.