What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (23 Viewers)

So like, what % chance does CYDY actually uplist?  
I followed a similar company, AMBS, four or five years ago. I finally got out after 3 years. They've been talking about uplisting since I started my position and they are still OTC now. Hopefully CYDY will be different. 

Background on GNUS pls
CEO comments

"Genius Brands is in the simplest business. We make animated cartoon programs for children, which we distribute worldwide, and license the characters on consumer products manufacturers for royalty income," Chief Executive Andy Heyward said in an emailed statement to MarketWatch. "The characters and programs, which we began developing four and five years ago, are now coming to market this year with hundreds of products in every category for kids." Heyward said the company has also recently announced its own network service, Kartoon Channel!, which will launch on June 15 in over 100 million TV households in the U.S. and over 200 million mobile devices. Over the past month, the company has also announced that it regained compliance with the Nasdaq's minimum bid price listing standard and two registered direct stock offerings that raised a total of $39 million. Separately, short interest jumped to a record high as of mid-May.

Kids network, new cartoons with some based on people and are voiced by (Arnold Swartzeneggar, Warren Buffet, etc.).  Arnold plays a superhero kindergarten teacher where the students are little superheroes.  Lots of other kid shows spanning various themes including science and art.  Shows and network are launching worldwide on June 15.  This includes merchandising of kids toys, etc.  

They were going to be de-listed but regained compliance and raised $39 million through two stock offerings.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Not complaining but markets feel so disconnected from reality.  We have to have some sort of pull back soon.
Here's the narrative.  ADP payroll numbers much much better than expected signalling potential end of recession?  Hmmm, I'm not buying it.  I bought some SPY puts which expire next week.  Reason being, Friday non-farm payroll numbers come in for May, and well, I could be wrong, but I have a feeling they'll be pretty terrible.  Either way, that's my bet and it's short dated so smallish premium  :shrug:

Quote from Dr Jacob Lalezari from yesterday's presentation:

https://investorshangout.com/post/view?id=5785531

"No other drug showing this kind of antiviral effect and Leronlimab is not even an antiviral... all happening over a 48-72-hour period which is amazing to see this effect in 100% of patients... there's no precedent for this; we know it's working even before we know how it's working or have randomized clinical studies. Potentially this is groundbreaking and the world has never seen anything like it and in my heart of hearts I think this is a homerun... and in my heart of hearts I wish we had it approved six weeks ago and maybe it could have saved the first 100-thousand lives."

Up over 60% on MAR, DFS, BA..... @Todem

Still holding long on these?
Long on BA and DFS. MAR is something I do not own. Let me check them out.

Edit:

I would take my money off the table with MAR and trade it again. They are saddled with enormous debt.

While I understand BA has a lot right now......they will take off like a rocket ship over the next 2-3 years....no doubt.

MAR is to me more unstable....I am not big on hotel stocks. Never have been. I am trading MGM actively in this pandemic. I was out 12% ago.....so it has gotten away from me here. But.....we have plenty of time for an inevitable market pullback. Make no mistake....it will happen. No one ever knows when. But it always happens.....nothing wrong with having some cash ready for it. 

We have now about 20ish percent is cash after trading MGM, BLMN and CCL. Making big chunks trading those stocks.....having fun!!! 

Here's the narrative.  ADP payroll numbers much much better than expected signalling potential end of recession?  Hmmm, I'm not buying it.  I bought some SPY puts which expire next week.  Reason being, Friday non-farm payroll numbers come in for May, and well, I could be wrong, but I have a feeling they'll be pretty terrible.  Either way, that's my bet and it's short dated so smallish premium  :shrug:
Stonks only go up :ptts:

Well here we are in the 3120 neighborhood.  This is right where Mancini has called the point to take profits and open shorts.
If the S&P high was just under 3400 before all this, imagine what we'll be seeing when we're truly in the all-clear of recessions/Covid fears.    

So what up with draftkings.  Profit takers?  

Any correction with stocks like MGM going way up?

Did something negative actually happen with the company?

Down in general due to more optimism of places being open for gambling business?  California to open sports gambling, so more states?  This will hurt draftkings?

Just rambling

CEO comments

Kids network, new cartoons with some based on people and are voiced by (Arnold Swartzeneggar, Warren Buffet, etc.).  Arnold plays a superhero kindergarten teacher where the students are little superheroes.  Lots of other kid shows spanning various themes including science and art.  Shows and network are launching worldwide on June 15.  This includes merchandising of kids toys, etc.  

They were going to be de-listed but regained compliance and raised $39 million through two stock offerings.  
This is all RH. There’s some shenanigans going on, just be careful. This is a stock that was in danger of getting delisted and now it’s up something like 20x in a month or so. This wasn’t a good stock from what I read. The good news was that they raised cash to avoid delisting and they raised cash when the stock rose. Absolutely going to crash down hard just don’t be left holding the bag. 

So what up with draftkings.  Profit takers?  

Any correction with stocks like MGM going way up?

Did something negative actually happen with the company?

Down in general due to more optimism of places being open for gambling business?  California to open sports gambling, so more states?  This will hurt draftkings?

Just rambling
I trimmed some DKNG at 40.50.  Looking to add if it goes below 37.  

Quote from Dr Jacob Lalezari from yesterday's presentation:

https://investorshangout.com/post/view?id=5785531

"No other drug showing this kind of antiviral effect and Leronlimab is not even an antiviral... all happening over a 48-72-hour period which is amazing to see this effect in 100% of patients... there's no precedent for this; we know it's working even before we know how it's working or have randomized clinical studies. Potentially this is groundbreaking and the world has never seen anything like it and in my heart of hearts I think this is a homerun... ad in my heart of hearts I wish we had it approved six weeks ago and maybe it could have saved the first 100-thousand lives."
If it really does work this well, then there should be some #### thrown at the administration guys who were big Gilead backers.

Just scooped up some COTY at 4.46. A Cosmetics giant that has had its stock price obliterated due to Covid. The 5 year chart ain't pretty either - looking for a quick 50% and then I'm probably out. They have a deal with a Kardashian girl and another deal in the works with another one. Other than that and stonks go up, no other reason to buy. Just wanted to alert you all as the cheap stocks can get you good quick gains. 

The market is brushing off the bad unemployment numbers and will brush off non farm payroll numbers.....it is disconnected from that.

When will it connect? When Covid is presumptively behind us but earnings stay depressed. That is when the rubber will meet the road and fundamentals will again rule the day. While I expect an eventual full recovery.....it is not happening in 2021 IMO. It will take some time to undo the massive economic damage that was done.

This is not a fundamental based rally what so ever. So be patient if you have some cash. The easy money has been made. I have said that several times. But don’t think for a second we won’t get 6-10% pullbacks when 3rd and 4th quarter earnings come out, election coming, no forward guidance still. At some point the fundamentals will matter as they always do.  I am long in my portfolio and keeping between 10-30% cash (all depends when I am getting in and out of the mad money BLMN, MGM, CCL type stocks which have greatly enhanced my returns this year) and will pounce on weakness. For those in mutual funds and and 401K’s....keep plugging away......the worst is behind us in terms of the plunge we saw in March. Unless another black swan comes. We will be fine long term as always. 

The market is brushing off the bad unemployment numbers and will brush off non farm payroll numbers.....it is disconnected from that.

When will it connect? When Covid is presumptively behind us but earnings stay depressed. That is when the rubber will meet the road an fundamentals will again rule the day.

This is to a fundamental based rally what so ever. So be patient if you have some cash. The easy money has been made. I have said that several times. But don’t think for a second we won’t get 6-10% pullbacks when 3rd and 4th quarter earnings come out, election coming, no forward guidance still. At some point the fundamentals will matter as they always do.  I am long in my portfolio and keeping between 10-30% cash (all depends when I am getting in and out of the mad money BLMN, MGM, CCL type stocks which have greatly enhanced my returns this year) and will pounce on weakness. For those in mutual funds and and 401K’s....keep plugging away......the worst is behind us in terms of the plunge we saw in March. Unless another black swan comes. We will be fine long term as always. 
I agree.  The narrative is simple right now.  Don't fight the Fed.

*Cloudera shares are trading higher after Morgan Stanley upgraded the company's stock from Equal-Weight to Overweight and raised the price target from $8 to $14.

Guys - don't miss the boat on CLDR - could be the next AMD......

This is all RH. There’s some shenanigans going on, just be careful. This is a stock that was in danger of getting delisted and now it’s up something like 20x in a month or so. This wasn’t a good stock from what I read. The good news was that they raised cash to avoid delisting and they raised cash when the stock rose. Absolutely going to crash down hard just don’t be left holding the bag. 
I sold half my position this morning when it hit 100% gain (entered position yesterday morning).  Now have a couple hundred shares (free) to see what happens.  Days surrounding June 15 will be interesting to see how the network launch performs.  

When will it connect? When Covid is presumptively behind us but earnings stay depressed. That is when the rubber will meet the road and fundamentals will again rule the day. While I expect an eventual full recovery.....it is not happening in 2021 IMO. It will take some time to undo the massive economic damage that was done.

This is to a fundamental based rally what so ever. So be patient if you have some cash. The easy money has been made. I have said that several times. But don’t think for a second we won’t get 6-10% pullbacks when 3rd and 4th quarter earnings come out, election coming, no forward guidance still. At some point the fundamentals will matter as they always do.  I am long in my portfolio and keeping between 10-30% cash (all depends when I am getting in and out of the mad money BLMN, MGM, CCL type stocks which have greatly enhanced my returns this year) and will pounce on weakness. For those in mutual funds and and 401K’s....keep plugging away......the worst is behind us in terms of the plunge we saw in March. Unless another black swan comes. We will be fine long term as always. 
I just had to take a good chunk of my pay for 2020 due to PPP.  About half my 401K got dumped in, the other half coming soon.  I set up the Vanguard settlement fund to catch the cash while I sorted this out.  I keep thinking we may see one of those pullbacks soon.  From your statement above on 401's would you recommend just putting it to work now or wait on a correction at this stage?  Typically with 401 funds I don't mess around but it just feels like we are overdue for a pullback of some sort.

I agree.  The narrative is simple right now.  Don't fight the Fed.
Fair but this does seem to have been turned on its head and into, invest with the Fed. I suppose folks are always trying to front-run the Fed (i.e. HYG) but investing in things because you think the Fed will prop it up when its actual mandate (maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates) will only impact it secondarily seems crazy to me. As long as this persists and assuming the economy doesn't rebound by the fall, you're looking at a record high stock market with double digit unemployment in an election year. As the Fed has been essentially politicized, it makes for an easy target. Think most would agree Trump is better for the market so while Biden isn't Warren/Sanders, still negative for the market. So will be interesting to see how the market starts to approaching the election. In some sense, the market may be better off not being at ATH for the election. 

I just had to take a good chunk of my pay for 2020 due to PPP.  About half my 401K got dumped in, the other half coming soon.  I set up the Vanguard settlement fund to catch the cash while I sorted this out.  I keep thinking we may see one of those pullbacks soon.  From your statement above on 401's would you recommend just putting it to work now or wait on a correction at this stage?  Typically with 401 funds I don't mess around but it just feels like we are overdue for a pullback of some sort.
Just be careful with the 30 day rule and that if you get out, you can still get back in...

Frequent-trading policy

If you sell or exchange shares of a Vanguard fund, you will not be permitted to buy or exchange back into the same fund, in the same account, within 30 calendar days. However, this rule does not apply to:

• Vanguard money market and short-term bond funds.
  • Vanguard ETF® Shares.
  • Purchases of shares with fund dividends or capital gains distributions. For example, if you reinvest dividends or capital gains, these purchases will not be blocked even if shares in the fund were sold or exchanged within the previous 30 days.
  • Transactions made through Vanguard’s Automatic Investment Plan, Automatic Exchange Service, Direct Deposit Service, Automatic Withdrawal Plan, Required Minimum Distribution Service, and Vanguard Small Business Online®.
  • Sales of shares by Vanguard to pay fund or account fees.
  • Transfers and re-registrations of shares within the same fund.
  • Purchases of shares by asset transfer or direct rollover.
  • Conversions of shares from one share class to another in the same fund.
  • Sales of shares through checkwriting.
  • Section 529 college savings plans, certain approved institutional portfolios, and asset allocation programs, as well as trades made by Vanguard funds that invest in other Vanguard funds. (Please note that shareholders of Vanguard's funds of funds are subject to this policy.)

Just be careful with the 30 day rule and that if you get out, you can still get back in...

Frequent-trading policy

If you sell or exchange shares of a Vanguard fund, you will not be permitted to buy or exchange back into the same fund, in the same account, within 30 calendar days. However, this rule does not apply to:

• Vanguard money market and short-term bond funds.
  • Vanguard ETF® Shares.
  • Purchases of shares with fund dividends or capital gains distributions. For example, if you reinvest dividends or capital gains, these purchases will not be blocked even if shares in the fund were sold or exchanged within the previous 30 days.
  • Transactions made through Vanguard’s Automatic Investment Plan, Automatic Exchange Service, Direct Deposit Service, Automatic Withdrawal Plan, Required Minimum Distribution Service, and Vanguard Small Business Online®.
  • Sales of shares by Vanguard to pay fund or account fees.
  • Transfers and re-registrations of shares within the same fund.
  • Purchases of shares by asset transfer or direct rollover.
  • Conversions of shares from one share class to another in the same fund.
  • Sales of shares through checkwriting.
  • Section 529 college savings plans, certain approved institutional portfolios, and asset allocation programs, as well as trades made by Vanguard funds that invest in other Vanguard funds. (Please note that shareholders of Vanguard's funds of funds are subject to this policy.)
Thanks.  I didn't realize this.  Although the funds are sitting in the Vanguard Settlement Fund.  These are new dollars, not looking to trade out of current 401K holdings.  Granted, I should have moved some I had in bond funds out to the stock index funds a couple months back.  When making a large contribution at once I didn't want to get burned by a rapid move like I did in January.  I'm debating whether the appropriate play is to just set reminders on my calendar and bleed this money in over the remainder of the year or perhaps have certain trigger points to move into the VFIAX and VEMAX funds.  I've been using those two for 401K buys the past couple years.

I sold half my position this morning when it hit 100% gain (entered position yesterday morning).  Now have a couple hundred shares (free) to see what happens.  Days surrounding June 15 will be interesting to see how the network launch performs.  
Yeah, but I don’t think that’s driving anything. From what I looked at, their content has already been available on all streaming devices. Their revenue is tiny and honestly, there shouldn’t be that much interest in this stock. It’s crazy how many times this company has rolled over their float just the past few days.

This is where I tend to miss out because I don’t have a chance to check every minute or so as needed for some of these. I can’t day trade and even BLMN and MGM and DKNG aren’t this speculative. You aren’t holding those for a matter of hours or minutes unless you have time to watch.

Looking for a dip to establish some big positions for 90-day plays. Eyeballed WFC yesterday. Didn't pull trigger.

Edit: maybe I should buy into a MF.

At this point I would actually wait for a pullback. Really ask yourself. Are we pre-Covid 19 in our economy? Are suddenly and magically 40MM jobs just going to reappear on a snap of a finger while we sort all this out?

Common sense......which right now now looks like we are all wrong.....but just be patient here. If you have cash there is no reason to rush into the market right here at this level knowing all the headwinds we have. The tailwind is the reopening. The tailwind is the zero level interest rates. But again there are headwinds and they are very strong too. That makes for a sideways market in the near term. And while we have not gone so sideways.....remember the 7% pull back we had in May? That was the last time I bought my master list (May 14th or 15th) Ithas been a straight shot up again from there. We will get another breather.....no doubt in my mind. It is par for the course. I know I said this before......but in 2017 we had three 10% corrections and had a great year in the market. Same for 2016. Most of the time on the way up you will have pullbacks and this will be no different. It just can’t keep going up based on......hope. Earnings and true fundamentals and balance sheets will come back into play when all the noise around us simmers down. 

This has been the most unusual  year both economically, politically and socially I can ever remember in my entire life on this planet. I just want 2021 to be here already with a vaccine and we can all get back to watching our kids continue to grow up, watch baseball, and football again in filled stadiums.....this is for the freaking birds. There is a lot of mental fatigue and pent up emotions that are simply blowing over now.

And we still have this election coming up.....ugh!!!

Yeah, but I don’t think that’s driving anything. From what I looked at, their content has already been available on all streaming devices. Their revenue is tiny and honestly, there shouldn’t be that much interest in this stock. It’s crazy how many times this company has rolled over their float just the past few days.

This is where I tend to miss out because I don’t have a chance to check every minute or so as needed for some of these. I can’t day trade and even BLMN and MGM and DKNG aren’t this speculative. You aren’t holding those for a matter of hours or minutes unless you have time to watch.
Fortunately I do working from home these days. My last trade of BLMN was buy in the morning sell into the close trade.....it is crazy how we can trade these right now. Soon it will be over....but while we can do this....we will.

I mean, I'm still not sure how anyone is going to get to the Strip to do gambling. But will be interesting, if we don't get a pop in COVID in the next few weeks, will have to rethink the true impact of it. 

Fair but this does seem to have been turned on its head and into, invest with the Fed. I suppose folks are always trying to front-run the Fed (i.e. HYG) but investing in things because you think the Fed will prop it up when its actual mandate (maximum employment, stable prices, and moderate long-term interest rates) will only impact it secondarily seems crazy to me. As long as this persists and assuming the economy doesn't rebound by the fall, you're looking at a record high stock market with double digit unemployment in an election year. As the Fed has been essentially politicized, it makes for an easy target. Think most would agree Trump is better for the market so while Biden isn't Warren/Sanders, still negative for the market. So will be interesting to see how the market starts to approaching the election. In some sense, the market may be better off not being at ATH for the election. 
There you go talking about fundamentals ;)

I agree with everything you are saying.  But if there's one thing that has become obvious over the last 10 or so years, it is that flows dominate over everything else.  Will that change due to fundamentals in a month or two?  I don't know.  But if you take Powell at his word with "whatever it takes", how bad could the pullback be, especially given the possibility that a second wave is worse than the first has become increasingly unlikely?

I've worked from home the past 5 years and have multiple monitors for work and my personal computer.  I'm fortunate to be able to keep (sort of) an eye on what's going on with my portfolio.  That said, I've missed a few opportunities but have found a few here and there.  I didn't have the intention of holding GNUS for a day or two.  Went in thinking it would be a hold at least for awhile.  Had no idea it would spike like it has the last couple of days.  No idea.  But glad I was ready to secure profits.

I was taught to take profits when you can and if (doesn't happen often) you can get a position to double, sell half to secure the investment. I was fortunate to be able to do the same with CYDY.  

I don't day trade that much.  I did on a couple of stocks during the lock down, but don't have the energy to keep up with that.  I only have 11 stocks for long term holds and happy with all of them.  And 3 others that were speculative plays to try for a quick gain.  Couple of them I'm just trying to get back to even then I'm done.  Dang tankers.  

how bad could the pullback be, especially given the possibility that a second wave is worse than the first has become increasingly unlikely?
I guess we will find out since a lot of things recently reopened, plus now hundreds of organized rallies going on with quite a few massless people.  

I mean, I'm still not sure how anyone is going to get to the Strip to do gambling. But will be interesting, if we don't get a pop in COVID in the next few weeks, will have to rethink the true impact of it. 
Not a freaking word about it on CNN or FOX or MSNBC anymore. 

Like......nothing.

I guess we will find out since a lot of things recently reopened, plus now hundreds of organized rallies going on with quite a few massless people.  
At this point it's less about COVID spread and more about the damage that has already been done.

Of the 40 million people who lost their jobs, how many will get their jobs back etc. etc.

There you go talking about fundamentals ;)

I agree with everything you are saying.  But if there's one thing that has become obvious over the last 10 or so years, it is that flows dominate over everything else.  Will that change due to fundamentals in a month or two?  I don't know.  But if you take Powell at his word with "whatever it takes", how bad could the pullback be, especially given the possibility that a second wave is worse than the first has become increasingly unlikely?
About as bad as the one we had in May. 6-7%

But it could be little more juice on the next one since we have climbed higher from there. 

It is a buy on the dips market again. Which is fine. 

Users who are viewing this thread