What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (17 Viewers)

Please take this as anecdotal, but today I interviewed someone that works at MGM doing staffing for their Vegas properties (I live in Vegas). He said that only a few properties are opening (and this is confirmed here).  He also said he is wanting to leave as they are only expecting 20% occupancy for the near term and doesn’t know if he’ll have a job.  It doesn’t sound like they think they’ll have a quick recovery.

For CYDY, consider il6 inhibitor Tocilizumab as a significant hurdle.

Its an approved drug, currently being used off label for Covid, to address the cytokine storm. 

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/06/03/remdesivir-update

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.29.20117358v1

• phase 3 trial of 400+ patients just finished enrollment 
  • will very likely show a clinical benefit 
  • will be trialed (phase 3) with Remdesivir, results should be available in the fall
this is what CYDY is up against. It will need to be more efficacious to compete, and the current small trials they as running simply won’t support that, IMO.
Drug: Tocilizumab
Medication class: Interleukin-6 (IL-6) receptor antagonist
Developer: Roche (as Actemra)
Approved US Indications: Tocilizumab is indicated for to treat moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis in adults where one or more DMARDs have provided adequate response; to treat giant cell arteritis in adults; to treat active polyarticular juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA) in patients age 2 years or older; to treat systemic JIA in patients age 2 years and older; and to treat CRS in patients age 2 years or older who have severe or life-threatening CRS induced by chimeric antigen receptor T-cell (CAR-T) treatment.
Rationale: Research from China has shown tocilizumab may be an effective treatment for patients with severe cases of COVID-19.
Trials: Roche is launching a randomized, controlled Phase 3 trial (COVACTA) to evaluate tocilizumab’s effectiveness in severe COVID-19 cases. The Hôpitaux de Paris is also evaluating 228 participants with COVID-19 associated pneumonia in a randomized parallel-assignment trial where patients receive tocilizumab 8mg/kg D1 or standard of care (NCT04331808).
Outcomes: Preliminary results from CORIMUNO-19 of 129 patients randomized to tocilizumab or placebo showed the drug “improves significantly clinical outcomes” of pneumonia associated with COVID-19, according to a press release. In Italy, 65 patients in the COVID-BioB Study who received tocilizumab instead of standard of care had improved clinical outcomes (69% vs. 61%; P = .61) and reduced mortality (15% vs. 33%; P = .15), but neither result was statistically significant.

Agree I do not think from what I can see that there is a conspiracy to deny leronlimab approval but rather the usual FDA process. But doesn't seem so far that Tocilizumab is a favorite over leronlimab either. Perhaps it becomes part of a cocktail.

Hope that all the the enthusiasm from CYDY staff isn't a mass delusion but they seemed convinced they have the answer for covid and cancer as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
These headlines about people really starting to believe in the rally are scaring me.  This is when the market pulls the rug out, right when everyone is feeling themselves.

Too many people feeling.......greeeeeedEEEEE (imagine the end of that word with a higher pitch sound.  Shut up, it was funnier in my head)?

I sold everything in my brokerage today except the draftkings that I bought around 39.50.  I am ok with all cash there right now with my 403b all equities.  

Awaiting the bat signal.  If it never comes, so be it.  If it does, I will be ready.

I used to only root for up up up.  Now I root for big red days and view them as buying opportunities.  Dare I say maybe I am..........learning?

I still have no idea what some of you are talking about regarding puts and calls and the boiler room stuff (great movie by the way) and anything that has to do with a chart, but still nothing but greatness in this thread.  
FOMO is among the most powerful forces to #### people over. 

Those posts from a couple weeks ago from so many constantly saying  "I'll re-buy when things inevitably drop"...."aaaaany day now! Drop happening soon"... "I'm sure of it, we're about to drop and I'll re-buy"....etc. are hopefully learning a good but painful lesson this go-around. They are now looking at the ship that set sail without them. It's miles away and heading in the wrong direction. 

Inevitably there will be a small drop and they'll hop back in, 15% higher than where they hopped out. 
As someone who said that (and still says that), I've been doing quite well with short term momentum trades and my account continues to hit ATH after ATH. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone. 

"hopping out" in mid February didn't hurt either... sorry if you missed that ;)   

But keep beating that drum if it makes you feel better :lol:  

As someone who said that (and still says that), I've been doing quite well with short term momentum trades and my account continues to hit ATH after ATH. I'm pretty sure I'm not alone 

But keep beating that drum if it makes you feel better :lol:  
In February and March, Warrior was mocking people who went to cash due to fears of the market plummeting.

In February and March, Warrior was mocking people who went to cash due to fears of the market plummeting.
:lol:  nice

People who got out in feb and buy in today are Ahead of folks who just stayed in.

Folks who got out in feb and traded this climb are wayyyyy ahead of those who just stayed in. 

For CYDY, consider il6 inhibitor Tocilizumab as a significant hurdle.

Its an approved drug, currently being used off label for Covid, to address the cytokine storm. 

https://blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/2020/06/03/remdesivir-update

• phase 3 trial of 400+ patients just finished enrollment 
  • will very likely show a clinical benefit 
  • will be trialed (phase 3) with Remdesivir, results should be available in the fall
this is what CYDY is up against. It will need to be more efficacious to compete, and the current small trials they as running simply won’t support that, IMO.
Tocilizumab has had some bad results in its other trials.  Its safety record isn't impeccable like leronlimab's safety record.  And since the study you are citing isn't double blind, how is it any different than the data that CytoDyn has from its eINDs?   At the end of June, leronlimab's trials will have data from approximately 125 patients in randomized double-blind placebo trials and another 75 from eINDs.  In addition, its safety record will be based on more than 900 patients many of which have taken leronlimab for more than 5 years.  If Patterson has been telling the truth, leronlimab should have clearly better results than tocilizumab.  If Patterson has been lying, we are screwed.  While Nader would do anything for money, I have trouble believing that Patterson would sully his name in order to make a quick buck.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/06/03/1002650/antibody-drug-tocilizumab-immune-response-covid-19-saves-lives/

The result: The doctors say in a preprint that patients who got the drug were 45% less likely to die than those who didn’t. But there’s a big caveat, which is that the doctors knew which patients got the drug and which didn’t. Their picks for the drug-taking group could have been biased— people more likely to improve anyway, for example—so further studies are needed.

Findings 154 patients were included, of whom 78 received tocilizumab and 76 did not. Median follow-up was 47 days (range 28-67). Baseline characteristics were similar between groups, although tocilizumab-treated patients were younger (mean 55 vs. 60 years), less likely to have chronic pulmonary disease (10% vs. 28%), and had lower D-dimer values at time of intubation (median 2.4 vs. 6.5 mg/dL).

People who got out in feb and buy in today are Ahead of folks who just stayed in.

Folks who got out in feb and traded this climb are wayyyyy ahead of those who just stayed in. 
It's hilarious going through his posts.  There aren't many so it's easy.  100% of his comments are snide regardless of topic.  Literally 100%.  He is one miserable wretch.

I didn’t get out, bought a little bit more, sold some and I’m up 10-20% over the peak in February in my active trading accounts, which are 80%+ of my assets. The other 20% is current 401ks which are mutual funds tracking the market so probably down a few % since it DCAs.

If you timed it right you did better but seeing as how some of my stocks have had 30-40% pops in 1 day or a few days and aren’t RH stocks, it would have been tough to time it perfectly. I’m not crowing, just saying that staying the course for me has worked out just fine. I only wish I had put all my cash to work but it does make me feel good about any type of dip to have some ammo. My gains would be crazy solid if I did push all in when I was buying additional stocks in March. Definitely regret letting the bigger drop scare me when the prices were more than good enough for long term.

It's hilarious going through his posts.  There aren't many so it's easy.  100% of his comments are snide regardless of topic.  Literally 100%.  He is one miserable wretch.
You find the one where he was questioning a security deposit with his roommate for like $700?

Hopefully he got it back and put that $700 to work (I don’t actually remember the amount or the whole story, nor am I going to look for it, but you get the gist).

You find the one where he was questioning a security deposit with his roommate for like $700?

Hopefully he got it back and put that $700 to work (I don’t actually remember the amount or the whole story, nor am I going to look for it, but you get the gist).
I didn't see that one.  I did see the one where he mocked you by saying you've predicted 73 of the last 2 recessions.  It was on February 25th.

Those posts from a couple weeks ago from so many constantly saying  "I'll re-buy when things inevitably drop"...."aaaaany day now! Drop happening soon"... "I'm sure of it, we're about to drop and I'll re-buy"....etc. are hopefully learning a good but painful lesson this go-around. They are now looking at the ship that set sail without them. It's miles away and heading in the wrong direction. 

Inevitably there will be a small drop and they'll hop back in, 15% higher than where they hopped out. 
Cool story, very helpful.

MARK is up 6% pre-market - anyone going to take a chance on this thing today?
No thanks. I’d screw up when to buy for something like that. Got burned on LK, don’t need Chinese stocks. Their yearly revenue in 2019 was $5M, down from $10M in 2018 and they have been on a crazy run since April and have a market cap of $175M now. I might not make the quick buck but that screams bag holder, being propped up by RH type gambling and it will fall in a shocking way. I’m an investor in long term, I want to retire in 10 years (or less, keep rolling ZM) if I can. Maybe when I retire and have time to watch things I’ll put aside a crazy fun account but definitely avoiding LTM, GNUS, HTZ, etc. Stocks declaring bankruptcy or in danger of delisting or seeing revenues tank is scary stuff because there’s nothing underpinning the valuations. It’s pure pump.

Here’s another example VISL. This is from their earnings announcement just a week ago:

First quarter 2020 revenues were $5.4 million compared to $8.2 million in the first quarter of 2019.

Gross margins were 47% of revenue in the first quarter of 2020, compared to 50% of revenue in the first quarter of 2019.

In the first quarter of 2020, net loss attributable to common shareholders was $4.4 million, or $(0.09) per share, compared to net loss of $3.1 million, or $(1.62) per share in the first quarter of 2019.

Stock is up 70% today in pre-market. Congrats to people who bought yesterday but this is Boiler Room stuff IMHO and the last ones in are going to eat it. Ignore the dropping revenue, which is bad, and look at the last line. 3/4 of the total loss of last year but per share its 1/20th of the loss. The share dilution is incredible.

If you want to gamble and day trade, it’s a smorgasbord out there with RH. It will get slaughtered because these are ####ty companies at their core.

To be fair, it isn't very hard to find posts in the stock thread that Fantasycurse was wrong about.  He was horribly early on his recession calls on a recession that was self induced due to a pandemic.  
 He's been right a fair share too.   Our markets were bloated before the pandemic and I absolutely believe that even without the pandemic--there most likely would have been a pull back.  It certainly would not have been anything close to where we fell too--but we were certainly over bought.    I've been recommending precious metals for many years--as has he--and he's certainly been right there too.   I think we have to be careful to try to call people out on this thread for being wrong on a particular call.    Just because somebody ends up being wrong--it doesn't mean that their idea or point of view was not meritable  enough to actually contemplate and digest.     Calling people out for being wrong just makes people not want to post--which is counterproductive to this thread.  

He's been right a fair share too.   Our markets were bloated before the pandemic and I absolutely believe that even without the pandemic--there most likely would have been a pull back.  It certainly would not have been anything close to where we fell too--but we were certainly over bought.    I've been recommending precious metals for many years--as has he--and he's certainly been right there too.   I think we have to be careful to try to call people out on this thread for being wrong on a particular call.    Just because somebody ends up being wrong--it doesn't mean that their idea or point of view was not meritable  enough to actually contemplate and digest.     Calling people out for being wrong just makes people not want to post--which is counterproductive to this thread.  
And the people who call other people out for being wrong are people who never predict anything so they don't risk being wrong.  They just come on here and brag about their gains after the fact (and don't tell us about their losses).  Hearing about something after the fact does no one any good.  

And the people who call other people out for being wrong are people who never predict anything so they don't risk being wrong.  They just come on here and brag about their gains after the fact (and don't tell us about their losses).  Hearing about something after the fact does no one any good.  
Totally.   While I'm bullish on the market long term--a lot of people seem to think that we are somehow magically out of the woods and out of the recession.   Covid numbers are soaring in many areas in the US.   The fundamentals of many businesses whose stocks have skyrocketed are still really bad.   A lot of companies whose stock has soared are also carrying a lot more debt now.   Like I said--I'm bullish long term--but I also very aware and cognizant of the fact that just because our markets have clawed back--we are not out of the woods.   There is still a fair share of risk in this market, covid is still here and it's still growing, we probably still have some more waves of layoffs coming.  Even as a bull myself--I think its important to temper expectations in my posts so I don't encourage others to risk and over invest more than they probably should.  

I agree with some of what you are saying but Fantasycurse from what I recall has a history of poo pooing others ideas so it was ironic to see him call out Warrior.
Warrior hasn't been the nicest and most eloquent of posters either.  Go back and read his posts as well and it's not like he's an innocent victim of random "poo pooing".  With that said--I respect and invite both of their opinions on the actual market.  The more opinions and points of view in this thread--the better.   

Warrior hasn't been the nicest and most eloquent of posters either.  Go back and read his posts as well and it's not like he's an innocent victim of random "poo pooing".  With that said--I respect and invite both of their opinions on the actual market.  The more opinions and points of view in this thread--the better.   
To be honest. Only one of them has really provided ideas. And was man enough to admit when he capitulated in here. I mean, I'd love to know what Warrior expects us to learn? Just so we know where his head is at. Nothing easier than to make fun of other people's actions without showing yours. 

I've been wrong and I've been fairly transparent about it. But if he made fun of folks in Jan/Feb, that would mean he was fully invested? So that means he is still digging out of that 30% hole? Now I was slowly building my cash position leading into it so I've missed the run-up so that is definitely for consideration. But he doesn't add anything to the conversation and just mocks folks. Honestly, first poster I've debated muting or whatever since it's not even a controversial opinion or anything, just chirping. 

Please take this as anecdotal, but today I interviewed someone that works at MGM doing staffing for their Vegas properties (I live in Vegas). He said that only a few properties are opening (and this is confirmed here).  He also said he is wanting to leave as they are only expecting 20% occupancy for the near term and doesn’t know if he’ll have a job.  It doesn’t sound like they think they’ll have a quick recovery.
I appreciate the info and obviously if that holds true it's good for my puts. It still makes me sad though. I have friends that live in the area and that whole economy depends on travelers, gambling and entertainment. I've also developed relationships and care for some of the employees at Cosmo and Cromwell so it really sucks knowing that they may still struggle after reopening and have to leave the area or find another job. 

It was also crazy to see some of the videos on Twitter from the D. It was packed with hardly any of the guests wearing face masks  🤦‍♂️

Come on vaccine, one time dealer!

Wisdom of crowds and all
No ####. GNUS is going to be valued at $720M based on premarket. Their revenue last quarter was $334k, yes 1/3 of a million. They just raised money twice to avoid delisting. This is pure pump. It’s like Alt coins when Bitcoin has its run. I don’t know if anyone has checked how that group buy of crypto currency went but this is the same thing.

Did not get in too low, $5.49
Take your double up and run to the hills. A company that measures its quarterly revenue in the thousands shouldn’t be edging up on $1B market cap when it’s not the next big thing. Even the launch is basically launching an app that can be viewed on streaming devices. Anyone can do that. How many of those random apps do you see that you can download? Netflix, Disney and all the well known other kids channels on YouTube, etc. These guys actually said they want to be the Netflix of kids. They had $305k in cash left before the pump when they sold more shares to avoid delisting.

Take your double up and run to the hills. A company that measures its quarterly revenue in the thousands shouldn’t be edging up on $1B market cap when it’s not the next big thing. Even the launch is basically launching an app that can be viewed on streaming devices. Anyone can do that. How many of those random apps do you see that you can download? Netflix, Disney and all the well known other kids channels on YouTube, etc. These guys actually said they want to be the Netflix of kids. They had $305k in cash left before the pump when they sold more shares to avoid delisting.
And I am out. Sold at opening. Wow.

Another hot IPO this morning.  ZI - Zoominfo Technologies was originally supposed to price in mid teens, then was raised to $19-$20 before finally getting priced at $21.  That usually is a good sign it will do very well today.  Not sure where it will open yet.

On these RH stocks, are there any fundamentals or is it just look for a couple signals and gamble?

Another hot IPO this morning.  ZI - Zoominfo Technologies was originally supposed to price in mid teens, then was raised to $19-$20 before finally getting priced at $21.  That usually is a good sign it will do very well today.  Not sure where it will open yet.
I wonder if Zoominfo fits the mold for a stock that will surge due to Robinhooders?

GNUS - I have nothing in it, but can't look away.  3rd halt now?  Bid: 9.70 / Ask: 11.00 

maybe just a glitch

Everyone is always wrong when it comes to the market. One of the best things I've learned is to not marry any idea or thought and be quick to abandon when you know you're wrong. Don't do anything without researching either.

My strategy to just average in has been killing it, I added SBUX to my list as well. They're all up huge, NFLX is my only semi-laggard (basically anything that isn't up 25% is a laggard). TBH, not just this forum, but everywhere else I read, caution is being completely thrown to the wind, it is kind of scary, and I think people should pay attention to the bull/bear indicators for a pullback. Exuberance is running rampant, and IDK what will be the catalyst for a pullback. It is possible that in July when companies start reporting Q2 and guidance is soft, that could the trick, but who knows.  

I wonder if Zoominfo fits the mold for a stock that will surge due to Robinhooders?
Do Robinhooders usually buy IPOs?  ZI is a marketing company and quite frankly I do not know much more about it.  I do expect it to pop at open (now seeing as high as $45).  Not advising buying at that price but likely some price swings today.

Users who are viewing this thread