What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (22 Viewers)

It’s normal to be nervous. Until you actually sell, it’s all on paper and not in the bank so to speak. Hopefully, it just moonshots before we have a chance to sell, but I feel the same way that I’ll be worried until I’m out. Doesn’t mean I don’t want to watch it blow up. I’m not selling.
@chet must have brass ones. I’m stressed over 40K.  He’s dealing with multi millions.   #notselling

And did the same thing for BLMN.  Currently fidelity has me at $10.48, calculated is $8.70.  Really thought I had done better on that one.

Based on the action at today’s close, I think I’m the updraft will continue tomorrow. I don’t know if that means $9or $10 or $11 but I am holding for that. I may take some profits up 30-40x. 
This will blow the thread up, partial like 10% or like over 50?

Based on the action at today’s close, I think I’m the updraft will continue tomorrow. I don’t know if that means $9or $10 or $11 but I am holding for that. I may take some profits up 30-40x. 
shocked more people haven't been pocketing gains.  

Usually if I hit a 5X or better I'm at least pocketing my initial investment.   Granted, only happened a handful of times in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:
shocked more people haven't been pocketing gains.  

Usually if I hit a 5X I'm at least pocketing my initial investment.   Granted, only happened a handful of times in my life.
Chet is likely about 3+ months away from long term capital gains.   37% vs 20%.   

I'm not selling!!

I hate myself so hard for selling what I sold. Should have new Ferrari level gains right now instead of small Audi sedan level gains. Guess it’s good I’m in for some at least. 
Well, I'm looking at a 10 year old Audi sedan at this point. Actually, probably more like a Mid 2000's TT. Oof. No one's fault but mine that I didn't have more into it, but I'm glad I have what I do.  It bounced around $2.50-$3.25 forever before making the jump. We all had plenty of time to hit it harder. 

Someone bought 33k shares of CYDY at €8.70 in Germany this morning. This investor obviously expects the US to open close to USD10.

Apologize because I know its been posted before, but can't seem to track it down.  Advice on books, videos, audio to listen to so I can start understanding more than just the basics?? 

TIA

Noted.

What type of percentage of shares we talking here? Is this more to derisk a little after such a huge move or bc you’re starting to see this fairly valued?

I got my cost basis out of CYDY when I had a four-bagger. If chet is up 30-40X, it would be portfolio malpractice if he didn't take a little off the top. Might take 50K shares or more to get his cost basis back, but chet would still have a substantial pile.

I have been congratulating myself for the self restraint of not buying more.

This (taking profits) presents a challenge, tough call.  If I sold 20% at $10 I’d lock in a 15% profit, rest free ride.  But I’d increase my $1MM stock price number  :kicksrock:

If I were @chet I'd pull down 25-33%. 

If it goes to 20 then you're costing yourself about 3-4MM, but you're also locking in a nice chunk in the event Phase 3 comes back bad. These small Biotechs can be unpredictable.

But I also pulled my cost basis out by selling 1/3 of my position at the first 3.50 spike, so WTF do I know :lol:  

The good news Is I think we are now realistically looking at a floor in the $2-4 range... if #### news came out (barring something completely catastrophic) 

If I were @chet I'd pull down 25-33%. 

If it goes to 20 then you're costing yourself about 3-4MM, but you're also locking in a nice chunk in the event Phase 3 comes back bad. These small Biotechs can be unpredictable.

But I also pulled my cost basis out by selling 1/3 of my position at the first 3.50 spike, so WTF do I know :lol:  

The good news Is I think we are now realistically looking at a floor in the $2-4 range... if #### news came out (barring something completely catastrophic) 
Yah, I just did the math and actually not terrible because its already gone up so much with a $ cost avg of $1.88.  If I pull out 20% it increases my $1MM target price by 10%.

F short term capital gains tax though

Apologize because I know its been posted before, but can't seem to track it down.  Advice on books, videos, audio to listen to so I can start understanding more than just the basics?? 

TIA
Are you wanting books on personal finance, economics, trading or...?

4est is a long ways away, plenty of time to decide today. Set my alarm for pm, guess no golf this morning :bag:  

#notselling

Are you wanting books on personal finance, economics, trading or...?
Trading.  I know a bit about finance and economics, but never really delved much into trading.  Mostly just sat my money in the company 401K... blah blah blah

That won’t trigger anything the mutual funds are doing will it?  

if they see sales less than one dollar cost basis, will they then stop purchasing?

Trading.  I know a bit about finance and economics, but never really delved much into trading.  Mostly just sat my money in the company 401K... blah blah blah
Sorry, no help there. You can register for a paper account on thinkorswim if you want to test out some theories and/or the mechanics of trading in real time though. 

Users who are viewing this thread