What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (18 Viewers)

Current Holdings in order of total value

DKNG - I'm up big as I got in at 19 so I'm holding for tax reasons...my biggest winner of the year, took some substantial profits around 40.  There is some long appeal as I believe they are head and shoulders ahead of the competition on several levels, but most importantly in branding and strategy.
Just curious, what exactly makes you think that?

If anyone has some excess Fulgent shares they want to move, just saw an AH trade at $47.
Hot damn. I have no idea what’s going on today. I’m glad I bought a full share back in February (in the $15s). Man, watching it go to $6 in March made me a bit worried, but it’s too bad I didn’t buy more like I did with FSLY when that dropped.

So jumped into mgm about a month ago and finally looking good. Wondering if I should get out neorealism ride a little further.

Hot damn. I have no idea what’s going on today. I’m glad I bought a full share back in February (in the $15s). Man, watching it go to $6 in March made me a bit worried, but it’s too bad I didn’t buy more like I did with FSLY when that dropped.
My shares would have been gone but I was staring down a the barrel of a good faith violation.

What's going on is I sold in the low 20's a couple of weeks ago so of course it is going to moon 100%+ after that.

Should have sold SE when it was 145...damnit.
I guess this time could be different if we really are rotating from tech to value, but so far everytime SE has pulled back it has violently roared to new ATH's not long after.  If I weren't worried about tech rotating out I would be loading up on more even though it is one of my top 3 holdings already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Surprised no talk on a Sears play with Amazon potentially using them
They’re not using Sears. They’re using the space previously occupied by Sears. Better news for SPG although I doubt AMZN is giving them a sweetheart deal. Of course Sears being bankrupt, only takes a few pennies to move the needle. It may make some of their leases attractive but I doubt it. But Hoodies seem to think they understand bankruptcy 

DHT holders will be rewarded.  8.5% dividend.  Oh...that's not annualized, that's 8.5% this quarter.  Those shares we bought in the low 5s in early July are returning close to 10% in dividend this quarter alone.  Thank you @sporthenry

Thank you.  Would you say sell and move on based on this?  I'm 5.5% to the good in a month, but had been up 15+% on this stock.
Seems like the neg was a 1 time event 4 qtrs ago and they're running fine. I wouldn't use that as a reason to move on. But I haven't looked hard at them at all. 

SNSS up 27% pre-market. Earnings report today and investors call right after. 

There are serious rumors of a buyout. Might be worth a look. RH could get a hold of this one. 

I’m crapping bricks about rlftf. The Swiss ticker was down 43% on the fake Russia vaccine news. Should I get out at whatever price I can or buckle up tight and maybe even average down during the carnage?

Yep, I’m just going to sit back for a bit. No plans to sell companies with growing revenues for ones with a 90%+ revenue drop and potential bankruptcies/permanent revenue issues. It’s hard to be patient with so much volatility but if I didn’t want to invest in airline stocks before CV, then they still aren’t part of my long term goals.

I know we talked about AYX yesterday, but it’s an interesting stock based on vaccine news because it’s a bigger cost/implementation that got hit by CV. I’m fairly certain that it won’t pop today even though if there was a real vaccine it would stand to benefit greatly from IT budgets and workers getting back to normal.

Looks like rlftf is going to get crushed today. Might buy more if it gets into the .30s

I’m crapping bricks about rlftf. The Swiss ticker was down 43% on the fake Russia vaccine news. Should I get out at whatever price I can or buckle up tight and maybe even average down during the carnage?
I have 5K shares and a 0 cost basis.  Actually. -.02 cost basis.  I might think about buying some more, but I think this will
pass.  I don't trust the Russians.  (or the Swiss)

Dow really gonna skyrocket today over a fake Russian vaccine? 
It’s not even that it’s fake. It’s that it’s about to enter phase 3 testing where multiple other vaccines already are. I guess Putin’s daughter getting it gives people additional hope?

DHT still trading near 52-week lows too.  When is the next dividend date on this?  5/18 was the last.  
The Company declared a cash dividend of $0.48 per common share for the second quarter of 2020 payable on September 2, 2020 for shareholders of record as of August 26, 2020.

Here's the link to there report...had the wrong link above.

https://ml-eu.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/b54a4a9a-949a-4282-8d33-595512900ed7

This dividend isn't being widely reported and I had to dig to find earnings results.

Not sure why I bought any of that. Didn’t learn my lesson from CYDY but I did buy way less.
The volume is 38K compared to 50 million plus recently.  I know its pre-market, and I do think it takes a hit, but I don't know that it will be THAT bad.  If the Russian Vaccine news is the catalyst, wouldn't ALL the little Covid biotech plays take a huge hit today?

I don't know.  I'm just trying to stay calm about it.  

So PPL is trying to spin off a U.K. Business it owns, and their CEO said they may look to merge with another company after that. Could explain some of the recent pop.

I have 5K shares and a 0 cost basis.  Actually. -.02 cost basis.  I might think about buying some more, but I think this will
pass.  I don't trust the Russians.  (or the Swiss)
Right. While I won't like seeing it drop, I've already taken the initial investment out. Not worried. 

The volume is 38K compared to 50 million plus recently.  I know its pre-market, and I do think it takes a hit, but I don't know that it will be THAT bad.  If the Russian Vaccine news is the catalyst, wouldn't ALL the little Covid biotech plays take a huge hit today?

I don't know.  I'm just trying to stay calm about it.  
I think all will take a hit. That was likely to happen at some point. Not all of them can be the cure/vaccine. There’s just too many companies whose stocks went way up.

I think all will take a hit. That was likely to happen at some point. Not all of them can be the cure/vaccine. There’s just too many companies whose stocks went way up.
Agreed, lots of people bought lottery tickets. Most won't hit.

I'm still green even after the initial drop. If I've learned anything in my brief foray into stocks over the last two months, it's patience. I'm still holding it. 

Might buy more.
Doubled my position at .44

Will sell half if it gets back up to .60, I think.

Nothing wrong with taking profits.  Can't bat 1000%, but you can keep hitting singles on a regular basis.  Can't kick yourself for Russian rumors driving the market up.
Do the Russians have much to do with DFS?  or do you mean that the rumor has everything popping except tech?

I guess this time could be different if we really are rotating from tech to value, but so far everytime SE has pulled back it has violently roared to new ATH's not long after.  If I weren't worried about tech rotating out I would be loading up on more even though it is one of my top 3 holdings already.
I’m starting to think it may be real but I don’t know if I’m going to sell into this. I mean the earnings and revenues of the companies popping right now are awful. This isn’t a normal rotation into a sector that’s just underperforming share wise it’s a rotation into stocks doing legitimately awful. Look at Disney. The expectations are they’ll be right back at normal but their stock is just below the euphoric February high which may have already been frothy and they just reported a $10B revenue shortfall a week ago.

I’m definitely tech heavy and it’s done wonders for my YTD return. My IRA would be an easy sell as there are no tax implications but some of my taxable stocks would be a short term tax hit and that’s a big whack for me since my wife works as well.

The Company declared a cash dividend of $0.48 per common share for the second quarter of 2020 payable on September 2, 2020 for shareholders of record as of August 26, 2020.

https://ml-eu.globenewswire.com/Resource/Download/b54a4a9a-949a-4282-8d33-595512900ed7

This dividend isn't being widely reported and I had to dig to find earnings results.
Went ahead and grabbed some shares.  I don't mind holding this for a couple of weeks.  Thanks again!!

Note that there is some overhang here on ~23M convertible notes that will likely be converted in the next week or so (21st is the deadline I believe) unless the price craters from here. Strike is $5.35. 

Management didn't say they would buy back shares in order to minimize dilution, but didn't rule it out either. 

Rlftf- bought 10000 more at .41. Sold all at .46 in a panic to just take a 15% loss of 2,800. If it was my ira I’d have stayed put. It was my wife’s- felt bad for playing with such risky crap in hers. I see it’s up  To .55 already. My break even point was .54. Oh well. I’m staying risk averse for a while. 

So PPL is trying to spin off a U.K. Business it owns, and their CEO said they may look to merge with another company after that. Could explain some of the recent pop.
They are selling the UK operations. Paying down debt, doing  buy backs. This will probably close 1Q21. However they will have to cut the dividend 30-40%. 

If they do a 40% cut that would bring the yield down to around 3.5% if they do 30% around 4%.  The current yield is simply unsustainable after the UK sale.

I am going to sell out of PPL as I used this as a pure yield play. They were growing their dividend every year. 

Now they will become leaner and meaner. And they can grow their dividend again with a renewed focus on strictly their domestic regulated utility business. 

The company is fairly valued right here. With some downside to 25-26 range easily. And we all know once they announce a dividend cut the stock price will drop.

Bank your trade today boys.

I am selling out of her now. I will reevaluate next year. I rather own some other traditional utilities with better balance sheets for the same yield (post anticipated dividend cut).

I’m starting to think it may be real but I don’t know if I’m going to sell into this. I mean the earnings and revenues of the companies popping right now are awful. This isn’t a normal rotation into a sector that’s just underperforming share wise it’s a rotation into stocks doing legitimately awful. Look at Disney. The expectations are they’ll be right back at normal but their stock is just below the euphoric February high which may have already been frothy and they just reported a $10B revenue shortfall a week ago.

I’m definitely tech heavy and it’s done wonders for my YTD return. My IRA would be an easy sell as there are no tax implications but some of my taxable stocks would be a short term tax hit and that’s a big whack for me since my wife works as well.
Third quarter earnings are going to be the suck for many of these companies.  At some point these chickens will come home to roost.  I look out my window and the Subway Sandwich shop is empty.  The Homewood suites out the other window has 12 cars, I'm sure some of those are employees.

Rlftf- bought 10000 more at .41. Sold all at .46 in a panic to just take a 15% loss of 2,800. If it was my ira I’d have stayed put. It was my wife’s- felt bad for playing with such risky crap in hers. I see it’s up  To .55 already. My break even point was .54. Oh well. I’m staying risk averse for a while. 
Yeah, I leave my wife's alone while I play with mine.

Users who are viewing this thread