What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Yes, I'm kind of remember that now, thanks.  That was the other company the Pentagon contract was talking about.  Was also saying it was being protested by some Senators because it's an Australian company.  But even though the materials we're mined in Australia,  it's being processed at a facility in the US (TX).  Also saw something about China owning 10% of the MP company.

Might just have to throw a little at both if this trade war with China is going to continue.  
Keep an eye on transaction fees. I got hit for $50 

I’ve been reading a lot about 5g lately and a stand out player seems to be QCOM.  The more I read, I really think 5g will enable a whole new revolution of technological advances.  Any thoughts about QCOM as a long term play?

Last edited by a moderator:
Buying 100 RKT and 250 CSCO tomorrow early

Current positions...

AMZN 31 shares @ 3170 (down)

HRVSF 15000 @1.02 (up and holding until AZ legalizes)

RKT 200 @ 20.81 

TSLA 10 @ $1640

I’ve been reading a lot about 5g lately and a stand out player seems to be QCOM.  The more I read, I really think 5g will enable a whole new revolution of technological advances.  Any thoughts about QCOM as a long term play?
QCOM is near its 52 week high and way up on the year. Just feels like a lot of these have ran.   

What is your time horizon?

TripItUp said:
QCOM is near its 52 week high and way up on the year. Just feels like a lot of these have ran.   

What is your time horizon?
10 years..  and yeah, I could be late to the party...

KGB said:
Buying 100 RKT and 250 CSCO tomorrow early

Current positions...

AMZN 31 shares @ 3170 (down)

HRVSF 15000 @1.02 (up and holding until AZ legalizes)

RKT 200 @ 20.81 

TSLA 10 @ $1640
What’s your thinking on RKT?

Back after a week + in icu and the trauma ward last week.  Please excuse my absence, @hooterknows on twitter for whoever wants info on that debacle.

I don’t want to get caught holding the bag if the premium on ethe drops substantially so I plan on dumping my shares as soon as I get back to my cost basis. 

Actual eth is up pretty substantially since I bought in, but ETHE current correlation sucks and I don’t know if it will ever go back to what it was (around 300%)

1 share of ETHE holds approximately .1 of ETH.

Back after a week + in icu and the trauma ward last week.  Please excuse my absence, @hooterknows on twitter for whoever wants info on that debacle.

I don’t want to get caught holding the bag if the premium on ethe drops substantially so I plan on dumping my shares as soon as I get back to my cost basis. 

Actual eth is up pretty substantially since I bought in, but ETHE current correlation sucks and I don’t know if it will ever go back to what it was (around 300%)

Price you are looking to exit at?  I’m down 20%

You probably know I'm a proponent of using sector ETFs when I just want to play in the field. I've owned some FIVG for a while now. Might be worth adding.

You probably know I'm a proponent of using sector ETFs when I just want to play in the field. I've owned some FIVG for a while now. Might be worth adding.
I actually didn’t know about a 5g sector, so this is great.  I’m typically an index fund guy anyway, so this minimizes risk and gets me into a field I want to play in.  Thanks!

Did you pollute?

Price you are looking to exit at?  I’m down 20%
My total cost basis on about 7k worth is around $106.  

I’m confident BTC busts this massive 12k resistance sooner than later and when it does it should carry the rest of crypto up with it.

Firm believe that ETH is the future of contracts as a whole so I don’t think there’s any reason to unload at a loss unless the opportunity cost becomes unbearable.

Speaking of that 12k resistance...looks like it’s gonna be a good week for crypto, definitely don’t unload for a loss just yet.

We got a moon to land on yet.

EJT - Eaton Vance Risk-Managed Diversified Equity Income Fund

Current Price: $10.23

Annual Dividend/Yield: $0.912/8.97% (I believe the monthly Div will be $0.076 for August)

Ex-dividend Date: 08/21/20

Dividend Pay Date: 08/31/20

Anyone in this fund?  I have some cash on the sidelines I've been waiting to deploy.  Decided to stick some here with the ExDate coming up.  

$SE coming back today, but reporting tomorrow morning before market open. Last time they reported in May, stock was still under $70. Now it’s around $130. I have to think there’s a strong possibility that even if they crush estimates, we could see a bit of a sell-off. I also don’t know nuthin’ about nuthin’.

@-OZ- and whoever else, what are you expecting?

https://i.imgur.com/WpCBKtO.png

Shame I was suspended for calling a disingenuous comment a lie. Could've gotten you all in before the run. Quite possibly (actually factual) the biggest financial blunder in the history of this forum. This is the Swiss ticker, so the gains are in Swiss Francs (you can add 10%). 

Oh yea, Buffet disclosed a 1% stake in something I've been touting forever (this goes back to something disingenuous I called a lie).

Like the Rodney Dangerfield of this forum.

I still own 60,000 shares of Cobalt Blockchain because I'm too stubborn to admit this was a disaster and cut all losses.  Just announced some new financing and the stock is wiggling a little.  

Cobalt the metal is also starting to catch some bids, but unless the aerospace industry is resurrected, I don't think the metal is going to move like it did in 2016-2017.  EVs are coming, but absent the airlines coming back to life, I don't think EVs are enough to propel this metal to great heights.  
:o

$SE coming back today, but reporting tomorrow morning before market open. Last time they reported in May, stock was still under $70. Now it’s around $130. I have to think there’s a strong possibility that even if they crush estimates, we could see a bit of a sell-off. I also don’t know nuthin’ about nuthin’.

@-OZ- and whoever else, what are you expecting?
Honestly I don't know. But I do know that I don't know. It's entirely possible that even good news drops it a bit.

I remember kicking myself for selling some shares of #### for $3.60. 

That was fun. 

At least RLFTF is making up for it.

Thoughts on selling some HD going into earnings?  It's up 2.5% today and 20% in the last quarter.  That estimated eps number is looking is looking big to me.

Thoughts on selling some HD going into earnings?  It's up 2.5% today and 20% in the last quarter.  That estimated eps number is looking is looking big to me.
It's entirely possible that it slides a bit from here, so as a trader, you stand to make some money selling and rebuying. 

As a mostly buy and hold guy, I like good companies and won't sell.

All I know is that every time I have been to HD in the past 4 months (which is a lot), they have been very busy.  I think people used the stimulus for home repairs and other people just needed stuff to do while sitting at home.

I don't know how that will translate to investor sentiment, but that is what my eyes have told me.

The eps might look high, but I might actually be surprised if they miss it.

https://i.imgur.com/WpCBKtO.png

Shame I was suspended for calling a disingenuous comment a lie. Could've gotten you all in before the run. Quite possibly (actually factual) the biggest financial blunder in the history of this forum. This is the Swiss ticker, so the gains are in Swiss Francs (you can add 10%). 

Oh yea, Buffet disclosed a 1% stake in something I've been touting forever (this goes back to something disingenuous I called a lie).

Like the Rodney Dangerfield of this forum.
I think half this thread bought at .35-.40 

Welcome back 

I still own 60,000 shares of Cobalt Blockchain because I'm too stubborn to admit this was a disaster and cut all losses.  Just announced some new financing and the stock is wiggling a little.  

Cobalt the metal is also starting to catch some bids, but unless the aerospace industry is resurrected, I don't think the metal is going to move like it did in 2016-2017.  EVs are coming, but absent the airlines coming back to life, I don't think EVs are enough to propel this metal to great heights.  
I have 20,000 of CBBLF. Its up almost 50% since purchase and worth a cool $748 now. I don't think its the same as yours, tho

All I know is that every time I have been to HD in the past 4 months (which is a lot), they have been very busy.  I think people used the stimulus for home repairs and other people just needed stuff to do while sitting at home.

I don't know how that will translate to investor sentiment, but that is what my eyes have told me.

The eps might look high, but I might actually be surprised if they miss it.
I thought it was just as busy last quarter and the predicted earnings are double

Note - I fully expect both HD and SE to fall a couple percentages after earnings are released. 

But I'm holding as I like both long term.

I bought at .0371 Francs (not .4) @Capella  - take a look at that image again. 

Exactly the reaction I expected from here. Not Congrats, well done, or you must have a ton of DD on this company, mind sharing?

I've already pocketed $125,000 Francs and have 200,000 shares still rolling along for free. Had to have a call with my accountant, tbh.

You ever see those I turned X into XYZ in 2 week clickbait stuff? 

Well, in my absence, I actually did just that; I turned $16,325 dollars into about $260,000 over two weeks. 

Anyways, that is my not so humble brag.

Exactly the reaction I expected from here. Not Congrats, well done, or you must have a ton of DD on this company, mind sharing?

I've already pocketed $125,000 Francs and have 200,000 shares still rolling along for free. Had to have a call with my accountant, tbh.

Well, in my absence, I actually did just that; I turned $16,325 dollars into about $260,000 over two weeks. 

You'd probably get the reactions you seek if your posts were more like "I bought into XYZ and made 42% in a month" instead of "Once again, nobody respects my awesome brain. I tried to tell you stupid dumbfaces that XYZ was gonna pop but nobody listens to me."

Welcome back 

Note - I fully expect both HD and SE to fall a couple percentages after earnings are released. 

But I'm holding as I like both long term.
If I could wishcast on $SE here, I'd like a beat and raise, followed by a knee-jerk sell-off/profit-taking in after hours where I would buy more.

Users who are viewing this thread