What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (16 Viewers)

Been reading about UAVS on another board. Speculation of a partnership with Amazon for drone deliveries.  Reason for current price is that rumor but I imagine if it ends up being confirmed it would shoot up again (and if it’s not amazon I imagine a fall would be likely).

Anyone already in this?
I bought a little 

Been reading about UAVS on another board. Speculation of a partnership with Amazon for drone deliveries.  Reason for current price is that rumor but I imagine if it ends up being confirmed it would shoot up again (and if it’s not amazon I imagine a fall would be likely).

Anyone already in this?
Will have to look into this.  For a company with a market cap of $140M, and if they had something AMZN wanted, I'd think Bezos would just tap the petty cash account and buy it.   

Patience grasshopper.  

You looking good on EVSI now?
I bailed on VBIV last week shortly after you did with about a 5% haircut. Had that turd for weeks before losing patience. EVSI, I wouldn't say good, I'm still down about 5% on that as well. I'm holding that though.

WMT is apparently partnering with MSFT in a bid to acquire TikTok. Weirdness aside, it's a good day to own both. :)  

Is DHT going to cut their dividends also?
Not the one that pays out on 9/2, but next qtr, who knows.  It's been going up from .05, to .32, to .35, to .48

This one puzzles me though.  Huge dividend, low P/E, and the price is getting close to 52 week lows.  Feel like I'm missing something here.  I may own a lot of shares real soon if it keeps dropping.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Not the one that pays out on 9/2, but next qtr, who knows.  It's been going up from .05, to .32, to .35, to .48
Most tankers pay some sort of % of earnings so the dividend is going to vary quite a bit quarter-to-quarter. That said, Q3 for DHT is looking solid and they seemingly keep getting comparatively solid fixtures (hopefully the most recent one fixes). Feels cheap here, but I'm a bag holder to the end so what do I know :)

DPHC on a nice pre-market run, +11%.  

Can't find any specific news as to why.  This was one I'd like to hold for a bit, but these huge runs make it hard not to cash in.  Especially when it already has a 274 P/E.  
According to my friend that turned me on to this, this growth is institutional groups catching on to what DPHC is doing, and trying to get in early. You'll notice the volume on this has been spiking lately. This certainly isn't without risk, but he believes it should hit $30-40 easily (compared to some other EV group that has announced their plan but still pre-merger). He also thinks if everything falls into place correctly (market as a whole stays fine, merger completes, and Lordstown gets the contract for USPS EV) it could go to $100.

According to my friend that turned me on to this, this growth is institutional groups catching on to what DPHC is doing, and trying to get in early. You'll notice the volume on this has been spiking lately. This certainly isn't without risk, but he believes it should hit $30-40 easily (compared to some other EV group that has announced their plan but still pre-merger). He also thinks if everything falls into place correctly (market as a whole stays fine, merger completes, and Lordstown gets the contract for USPS EV) it could go to $100.
Thanks.  That makes a lot of sense.  Haven't been tracking their institutional holding %, but do see it above 60% now.   I sold off some today at $18 and missed this run up to almost $19 now.  So hard not to take these profits it's been kicking out now a couple of times this month.  Will look to buy back on any drops if that happens. 

Thanks.  That makes a lot of sense.  Haven't been tracking their institutional holding %, but do see it above 60% now.   I sold off some today at $18 and missed this run up to almost $19 now.  So hard not to take these profits it's been kicking out now a couple of times this month.  Will look to buy back on any drops if that happens. 
I wish I had sold off my CYDY earlier so I would have had more to put into this. Love the science behind CYDY but this just seems more "real." 

So I’m sitting on an $.80 9/18 Walmart call that as of this post is at $3.40. 

How high will this TikTok news pump this up?  This is literally my first big hit and I’m freaking the #### out. 

Popped a little into FLDM. They got a EUA for a saliva COVID test and went up a lot yesterday and then back way down today with the ABT announcement. But I think there should be room for multiple test producers. 

Thanks to many in this thread for this past 6-7 months.  Been a lot of ups and downs, but mostly up.

we had discussed a few months back after bounce back into S&P 3K what stocks were good for a trade and what ones would make good long term holds.  I think it was @siffoin that said $BA was a pass but $MGM was going to go places in time.  Well here we are a few months later and $MGM, after a run up into the $20’s caught a big investment from a billionaire and is now trading $23-$24.  Seems for sure in time this will be back trading with a 3 handle.  Great pick here by the thread

I was a big time doubter In TSLA a few months ago.  Too soon I figured.  Obviously it’s run so far over the last 6 months it’s hard to jump in with two feet.  That being said I watched this last week and ended up buying in.  

cliff notes: very reasonable path to a $750B Valuation in the next two years with Ample room for upside.  A Semi reasonable case can be made for it to be the largest market cap company in the world in time.

https://youtu.be/Z6sVutg9Z3g

XPEV open
As expected, I got squadoosh. Funny thing is that when I looked at research on the IPO, it was all pretty negative. I was just assuming there’d be a nice pop for at least 15 days. That said, EVs are like Biotechs now, everyone’s a winner and it’s definitely going to shake out a bit. Still can’t believe Tesla, so overvalued and it won’t slow down. 

I was a big time doubter In TSLA a few months ago.  Too soon I figured.  Obviously it’s run so far over the last 6 months it’s hard to jump in with two feet.  That being said I watched this last week and ended up buying in.  

cliff notes: very reasonable path to a $750B Valuation in the next two years with Ample room for upside.  A Semi reasonable case can be made for it to be the largest market cap company in the world in time.

https://youtu.be/Z6sVutg9Z3g
Man, was going to watch and then realized how long it is. I will try to watch at some point but definitely have no desire to invest right now. If I was smart I would have bought when I thought about it in March or when I was buying stuff at the start of June. March was a great time but even we’ll after the V, end of May/early June was a good point as well.

Can I talk about how dumb I am here?  I am a novice and just kind of dabbled in the market with a few thousand dollars earlier in the year. 

Bought Amazon at $1700ish. Sold it at $2400 when Bezos said they were investing all this money into safety at the warehouses. Ugh. 

Two days before the apple stock split is announced I said I was going to buy some because everyone was going to need an ipad for school this year. Never got around to it.  Dumb. 

I tried to trade ABT today.  Even with recent news that should make it volatile that thing is just a snoozer.  At least it didn't distract me too much to dump 80% of my TSLA position right before it sold off.  Reloaded about half of that back in on the dip for $120/share less.

Only unfortunate thing is I was very very close to clicking the button on buying 5 OTM puts on TSLA that I would have been 10 baggers if I'd nutted up and done it.

Why are bonds down last week or so. My Vangaurd bond funds are losing .10-.15% per day and EDV is taking a beating. Someone who understands macroeconomics better than me, please explain. Thanks in advance. 

Why are bonds down last week or so. My Vangaurd bond funds are losing .10-.15% per day and EDV is taking a beating. Someone who understands macroeconomics better than me, please explain. Thanks in advance. 
EDV- Think it is just that treasury yields are increasing as the fed is changing its stance on inflation. I am looking at this as a buying opportunity. I bought more TMF today. 

So I’m sitting on an $.80 9/18 Walmart call that as of this post is at $3.40. 

How high will this TikTok news pump this up?  This is literally my first big hit and I’m freaking the #### out. 
More than one call? Sell some and let the rest ride. One call? Do you feel lucky?

I think I won the day as biggest loser.  -1.5%

That's not "play" accounts, that's you're working an extra 6 months after today accounts. 

Users who are viewing this thread