Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Jesus how stupid am I for not buying a crapton of UVXY before the debate.  It was so obvious.

22 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Jesus how stupid am I for not buying a crapton of UVXY before the debate.  It was so obvious.

Must be stoopidered than me because I have no clue what you’re talking about

52 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

UVXY is a 1.5x leveraged ETF that tracks VIX (volatility).  Volatility/VIX futures shot through the roof after that ####show of a presidential debate, especially when Trump said he would not commit to a peaceful transfer of power, which was super predictable.

1 hour ago, FreeBaGeL said:

UVXY is a 1.5x leveraged ETF that tracks VIX (volatility).  Volatility/VIX futures shot through the roof after that ####show of a presidential debate, especially when Trump said he would not commit to a peaceful transfer of power, which was super predictable.

Watch it open at like 26.00

I'm showing UVXY down in pre-market. I think most folks knew how the debate was going to go. :shrug:

5 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

I'm showing UVXY down in pre-market. I think most folks knew how the debate was going to go. :shrug:

Buy on the rumor, sell on the news

9 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Welp, you made the right call. I thought today was going to be bad? Maybe the debate showed that we are screwed with both candidates or that the market thinks they are both such big buffoons that neither will actually change the status quo.

That debate is a sad state of affairs of this social media world we live in where presidential candidates act like the real housewives. I mean do their political advisors actually recommend that because it’ll play well on FB and Twitter? This must be what the Roman Empire looked like before the collapse.

Edited by stbugs
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Not cool trying to impostor @FishNSuds :thumbdown:.  

;)

• Laughing 3

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Welp, you made the right call. I thought today was going to be bad? Maybe the debate showed that we are screwed with both candidates or that the market thinks they are both such big buffoons that neither will actually change the status quo.

That debate is a sad state of affairs of this social media world we live in where presidential candidates act like the real housewives. I mean do their political advisors actually recommend that because it’ll play well on FB and Twitter? This must be what the Roman Empire looked like before the collapse.

Yeah it opened up but steady fade since.  I'm sure I would have been stubborn and held so glad I "missed" it lol.

And yes, everything you said about the debate rings true.  I am somewhat obsessed with the Roman Empire actually and used to listen to podcasts about people like Caligula and Nero and think about how surreal it must have been to live with them.  I never dreamed we would get this close to experiencing it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

I’m out of basically everything with any edge now.

3 funds for the 401K, S&P and treasuries for my IRAs and brokerage  accounts  

Only individual stock I am holding is Disney for my son. 

I can’t handle any additional stress right now. Good luck. 

• Love 1

Sold TQQQ.  Going to hold FAS a little longer.  

• Like 1

For those who are still holding shippers, what's your strategy here? I've taken a bath to the tune of about 40% with FRO and INSW, although collected dividends along the way. Looking at their track record, there is still room to fall, but probably not more than another 10-20%.

AMZN helping make it a good day and DDOG jumped, which is nice.

Sold my RLFTF at .69 today. Forgot I had that good till cancelled order in from a few weeks ago.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SouthJersey said:

Sold my RLFTF at .69 today. Forgot I had that good till cancelled order in from a few weeks ago.

Nice

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, stbugs said:

AMZN helping make it a good day and DDOG jumped, which is nice.

DDOG signed a big deal with MSFT.  I sold at $101 probably should have held.  This thing can probably run a lot more look at BIGC after they signed a deal with FB.

36 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

For those who are still holding shippers, what's your strategy here? I've taken a bath to the tune of about 40% with FRO and INSW, although collected dividends along the way. Looking at their track record, there is still room to fall, but probably not more than another 10-20%.

I'm in it for the super cycle so just holding + reinvesting dividends. I add from time to time if I have some dry powder, but am generally just riding it out. Should of gotten in on $ASC, but missed that one. Will see if it comes back toward $3 and might pick some up there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eaganwildcats said:

I'm in it for the super cycle so just holding + reinvesting dividends. I add from time to time if I have some dry powder, but am generally just riding it out. Should of gotten in on $ASC, but missed that one. Will see if it comes back toward $3 and might pick some up there. 

What is this super cycle you speak of?

47 minutes ago, skycriesmary said:

I sold all my DHT in the upper 5s. Bought it all back and then doubled down at $4.91.  If dht maintains there dividend I will get 10% on those shares in 2 months. PE on dht and Fro is under 3. That Fro dividend hit yesterday and was equal to 8% of my holdings.  Eventually people will catch on these companies are money in the bank. 

• Like 1

Just now, BassNBrew said:

I sold all my DHT in the upper 5s. Bought it all back and then doubled down at $4.91.  If dht maintains there dividend I will get 10% on those shares in 2 months. PE on dht and Fro is under 3. That Fro dividend hit yesterday and was equal to 8% of my holdings.  Eventually people will catch on these companies are money in the bank. 

Welcome back. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

DDOG signed a big deal with MSFT.  I sold at $101 probably should have held.  This thing can probably run a lot more look at BIGC after they signed a deal with FB.

Yeah, it’s a multi-year hold for me in my IRA. One of a bunch of stocks I bought in March. Should have bought more of it and others. I was definitely still a little worried about another leg down but the prices on most of the tech stocks was deep enough. I bought stuff like SHOP, DDOG, ETSY, HUBS, DXCM, ROKU and others. Unbelievable bargain at the time. Wish I bought full shares, only bought 100 DDOG when it was in the 30s.

47 minutes ago, SouthJersey said:

Nice timing.  It just dropped to .55.  It is now .59.

Edited by Don Hutson

58 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Nice timing.  It just dropped to .55.  It is now .59.

Dumb luck. Put the sell order in a bit ago. I'll take it because usually it goes the other way for me.

• Like 1

Wow Caesar's is buying out William Hill.

That thing was down to a buck during the March lows.  Buyout will be somewhere between $14 and $37 per share.

Sold the last of my RLFTF at .6969 earlier because, well...

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

In Fro's case, just have to hold a years worth of dividends to get back to purchase price. INSW about a decade 🤣

PLTR has 496.5M shares outstanding.  300+M traded in 2 hours.

6 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

Basically the current fleet of oil tankers is aging and when they get older they require expensive surveys in order to remain active. As an old ship they also command less $ on the market - so the theory is as these ships come due for surveys there will be an uptick in scrapping. In conjunction with this, the order book for new ship builds is basically at an all time low. So, at the highest possible level the dynamic folks are expecting and referring to as the "super cycle" is: oil demand remains/bounces back to pre-Covid + there are less ships available = higher rates for shipping companies. There are quite a few explanations with much more nuance online if you do some searching for the companies, but the above is the gist of it. Euronav I find has the best investor decks that are worth flipping through if interested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eaganwildcats said:

8 hours ago, skycriesmary said:

Basically the current fleet of oil tankers is aging and when they get older they require expensive surveys in order to remain active. As an old ship they also command less $ on the market - so the theory is as these ships come due for surveys there will be an uptick in scrapping. In conjunction with this, the order book for new ship builds is basically at an all time low. So, at the highest possible level the dynamic folks are expecting and referring to as the "super cycle" is: oil demand remains/bounces back to pre-Covid + there are less ships available = higher rates for shipping companies. There are quite a few explanations with much more nuance online if you do some searching for the companies, but the above is the gist of it. Euronav I find has the best investor decks that are worth flipping through if interested.

The fleet is getting old and there were virtually no new additions this year.  this bolds well for shipping rates.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

The fleet is getting old and there were virtually no new additions this year.  this bolds well for shipping rates.

Do you think there’s also a play here with a potential resurgence of coronavirus this winter and a higher need for storage like we saw in the spring? 

Also, what are you favorite tanker plays? 

1 hour ago, CR69 said:

Do you think there’s also a play here with a potential resurgence of coronavirus this winter and a higher need for storage like we saw in the spring? 

Also, what are you favorite tanker plays? 

I don't think so.  I don't think we'll have the type of shutdowns that caused the storage need in spring.  I don't want to get politic or off track, but with the resurgence in Europe, I don't the total shutdown approach proved to be significantly better.  Production has also decreased since then.  

I'm very heavy into DHT and FRO and have small portions in TNK and STNG.  

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I don't think so.  I don't think we'll have the type of shutdowns that caused the storage need in spring.  I don't want to get politic or off track, but with the resurgence in Europe, I don't the total shutdown approach proved to be significantly better.  Production has also decreased since then.  

Hopping on board with DHT

Posted (edited)

SPAK - ETF opens to today.  I guess you kind of have to start one up when there are so many.  :lol:

ETF to track SPACs

Edited by beef
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, beef said:

SPAK - ETF opens to today.  I guess you kind of have to start one up when there are so many.  :lol:

ETF to track SPACs

Next up, ETF to track ETFs. 

• Laughing 2

Looks like I'm buying down oil some more.  My wife better hope it rebounds or she'll be working a little longer.

Anybody know why rocket mortgage shot up like 8% a little bit ago?  I was going to buy some more at 20 and when I looked again boom, up 8% from where it was an hour ago

NRGU looks tempting here.   I don't understand the full downside.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nugget said:

NRGU looks tempting here.   I don't understand the full downside.

Zero.

Just now, BassNBrew said:

Zero.

In for 700 shares @ 1.42

6 minutes ago, Nugget said:

In for 700 shares @ 1.42

I'm DCA'ing down.  Oil companies approaching the Covid crash bottom.  I've been in several major cities in the last week sitting in traffic and I'm not seeing a ton of Teslas.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

Anybody know why rocket mortgage shot up like 8% a little bit ago?  I was going to buy some more at 20 and when I looked again boom, up 8% from where it was an hour ago

I'm not sure what the content is behind the paywall but has something to do with this: https://www.inman.com/2020/09/30/realtor-com-rocket-mortgage-announce-new-partnership/

5 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Nikola had a low of $17.93 yesterday.  Right now, it is $24.75.  That is a 38% increase.

Epic short squeeze.

Ugh, I knew I should have just bought a full share of FVRR. I went in a little for 30 shares at $121 a week or two ago. Wasn’t sure where the market was headed. Wrong call. Glad I bought some, but seems like it still has legs. I was looking back at when I’ve made purchases and February and March were obviously great regardless but I got a new MF service right at the start of June. I bought a bunch but didn’t buy some of the regular Joe’s and that was a mistake. Looking back, the beginning of June was a great buy in point if you missed the mid March through early April window.

10 hours ago, BassNBrew said:

Bought some DHT and FRO 👍

haha solar stonks go up brrr

• Thanks 1

TAN the past week = 💰