Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

I believe he converted 92,308 shares of Class B stock (10:1 voting rights, but probably completely illiquid) to Class A shares (what shlubs like us own) and then sold exactly that number of class A shares. 

But it also looks like the sale was scheduled based on some timeline or formula/metric. Generally a pretty tight defense against insider trading. "I didn't make the decision to sell then based on something I knew. I scheduled that X amount of time ago based on Y"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He sold some other lots, too. It looks to me like he went from about 472K shares to about 288K. Still not necessarily nefarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooooo, buy some Fastly tomorrow?  Or wait and see if others sell off down to 80 or below?

I know nothing about this company

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

NET/DDOG/AKAM all dipping with it.  Surprising since it sounds like FSLY's big problem was just with one large customer.

Well sonuva #####. Selling 300 of my 417 at $135 yesterday was a hell of a decision. I hadn’t noticed that AHs move. Saved me from losing $13.5k.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Don Hutson said:

HGEN announced their NIH-funded "Big Effect Trial" with remdesivir is launching.  Should provide a bit of a stock price pop.

Good.

11 hours ago, McBokonon said:

HC Wainwright initiating coverage with a $31 price target won’t hurt.

Better.

Best-> https://twitter.com/AlphaTrader00/status/1316416476698427392

A Preprint study posted yesterday supporting Lenzilumab mechanism of action, GM-CSF neutralization. This could be a lifesaving drug administered to all high risk hospitalized patients.

Phase 3 results will tell the story and there is plenty of risk here, but things continue to line up. The NIH didn’t choose to dance with an OTC (now former) company with a checkered past without feeling good about drug’s prospects.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking like a bad day. I bought a few things in the afternoon, probably should have waited, but I bought smaller amounts to ease into new positions. That was a just in case they go down more and I can DCA into full positions, which looks to be the case. The only one I bought a full share on was TSM because they were announcing earnings. Beat revenue and earnings handily but still down, may nibble a little more for long term.

Any stocks people looking at now? I definitely will be watching FVRR and RGEN as I bought less than I should have but might add if they get hit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably will be starting a position in CVS and T today.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pmedina said:

What’s everyone think the bottom of FSLY is?

It got down into the 70s last time Tik Tock came up but that was banning. This was true loss of revenue. I don’t plan on buying in more. I’m good with the 100+ shares I have now since the cost basis is $12. I sold most of my shares on Tuesday because I thought the price had run a bit too much and that was assuming no revenue hit. I just plan to let the remaining run for the next few years unless they don’t seem to be doing well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn, didn’t get any shares of ARRY, a solar company IPO. They bumped up the share price a few bucks, nothing like SNOW, but I’d bet they do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might add the SE and FVRR I trimmed but in no hurry.  My watchlist is a mile long, but if Splunk gets beat up a little more I might look at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mean 15th of the month I usually rebalance and review things.  I got no idea what to do.  So confusing seeing EU going full shutdown and we are going streaking.  All that debt that's piling up doesn't make me want to go into bonds anywhere.  

Pork bellies sounds like the play.  All in.

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two different Trading Places references in less than a minute.  That's a sure sign for #### about to get real.  Don't know if that means real good or real bad...

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, beef said:

That's a sure sign for #### about to get real.  Don't know if that means real good or real bad...

Take it to the CYDY thread, guy :D

  • Laughing 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZM up a bit, definitely planning to unload a little. I bought it on 10/16/19 so according to some sites with date examples I’d have to wait until Monday to be more than “more” than a year. I thought it might be tomorrow but they said the holding period should start with the calendar day after you purchased and then go to the date of purchase one year later (10/16/20). That would be one year and sell the day after to be more. Not worth taking a chance selling tomorrow. I’ll probably leave myself with 20 shares, but get rid of the bulk of them. I like the company but the valuation is a good point to exit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh ####.  Some of the headers on my watch list (TD account) changed to Chinese characters.  

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, beef said:

Oh ####.  Some of the headers on my watch list (TD account) changed to Chinese characters.  

:lmao:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, beef said:

Oh ####.  Some of the headers on my watch list (TD account) changed to Chinese characters.  

I’m watching a ceremony on zoom and spit my coffee out, good thing it’s a work computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pmedina said:

What’s everyone think the bottom of FSLY is?

I think it's already hit the bottom but I would probably trust stbugs read on this more than mine as he has been spot on with reading these tech stocks for like 6 months straight now.  No one better to tail on tech names right now.

I'll share my thoughts anyways and it's that we knew Tik Tok revenue would be down some due to the whole US government ordeal and the stock was still running up.  So them saying it out loud doesn't really change much other than the price it costs to buy in.  It was a one-time defined event, not an ongoing reflection of FSLY itself so if people liked FSLY at $120 a day ago I don't see why they wouldn't like it at $90 now.

It got down to mid-70's before but that was when people thought they were losing Tik Tok, their largest customer, forever.  This latest hit is just that revenues from Tik Tok were slightly down this quarter because of a one-time event. :shrug:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think it's already hit the bottom but I would probably trust stbugs read on this more than mine as he has been spot on with reading these tech stocks for like 6 months straight now.  No one better to tail on tech names right now.

I'll share my thoughts anyways and it's that we knew Tik Tok revenue would be down some due to the whole US government ordeal and the stock was still running up.  So them saying it out loud doesn't really change much other than the price it costs to buy in.  It was a one-time defined event, not an ongoing reflection of FSLY itself so if people liked FSLY at $120 a day ago I don't see why they wouldn't like it at $90 now.

It got down to mid-70's before but that was when people thought they were losing Tik Tok, their largest customer, forever.  This latest hit is just that revenues from Tik Tok were slightly down this quarter because of a one-time event. :shrug:

 

Did we ever think they’d lose revenue though? The threat of a shut down loomed and that would materially affect their revenue but that never happened. That’s why I wasn’t planning to jump back in since this announcement appears to be outside of an actual shut down. Is there anywhere else where it does tie that reduction in revenue from Tik Tok to the threat of a shut down, meaning it could come back?

Also, while I have been doing well in tech, I’m not an expert! Motley Fool gave me most of my ideas, I just tried to sift through and find the ones I liked best. Plenty that I was late on but I have also avoided some stuff that worked out and went in more on ones I liked that hit.

Edited by stbugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

Made a nice 6% flip on NRGU this morning.

Nice.  I was off on timing/price target and missed on my $29 limit.  Same with FAS that I had set at $36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it looks like I am now on shift technologies. Whatever the heck that is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

I think it's already hit the bottom but I would probably trust stbugs read on this more than mine as he has been spot on with reading these tech stocks for like 6 months straight now.  No one better to tail on tech names right now.

I'll share my thoughts anyways and it's that we knew Tik Tok revenue would be down some due to the whole US government ordeal and the stock was still running up.  So them saying it out loud doesn't really change much other than the price it costs to buy in.  It was a one-time defined event, not an ongoing reflection of FSLY itself so if people liked FSLY at $120 a day ago I don't see why they wouldn't like it at $90 now.

It got down to mid-70's before but that was when people thought they were losing Tik Tok, their largest customer, forever.  This latest hit is just that revenues from Tik Tok were slightly down this quarter because of a one-time event. :shrug:

 

I personally question the valuations given to all the CDN companies. AKAM, like FSLY, came to market and was a hot stock. It was in the 300's....21 years ago. It never has come close to that number again even though it is the 800 lb gorilla in the space. My belief is that CDN is a commodity, and that FSLY in particular is a low margin player in a low margin space. AKAM is the premium price CDN, and they only have something like 17% margins. I get the "need for speed" angle and maybe the FSLY's special sauce is so great it will supplant AKAM. The problem is that AKAM is only valued at 18 B after 20+ years of dominating their market which leaves me to question how to value their competitors. How much can they really grow?

Edited by ericttspikes
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stbugs said:

Did we ever think they’d lose revenue though? The threat of a shut down loomed and that would materially affect their revenue but that never happened. That’s why I wasn’t planning to jump back in since this announcement appears to be outside of an actual shut down. Is there anywhere else where it does tie that reduction in revenue from Tik Tok to the threat of a shut down, meaning it could come back?

Also, while I have been doing well in tech, I’m not an expert! Motley Fool gave me most of my ideas, I just tried to sift through and find the ones I liked best. Plenty that I was late on but I have also avoided some stuff that worked out and went in more on ones I liked that hit.

The announcement says "due to impacts of the  uncertain geopolitical environment, usage of Fastly's platform by its previously disclosed target customer did not meet expectations, resulting in a corresponding reduction in revenue from this customer".

To me that sounds like it's basically saying "Tik Tok had lower than anticipated traffic for a little while because they were banned in the US temporarily, and fewer page loads means less revenue for the CDN when that happened".

That knocked $3 billion off the market cap, roughly 30% of the company's value, for what sounds like basically a month of down revenue due to an outlier event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, ericttspikes said:

I personally question the valuations given to all the CDN companies. AKAM, like FSLY, came to market and was a hot stock. It was in the 300's....21 years ago. It never has come close to that number again even though it is the 800 lb gorilla in the space. My belief is that CDN is a commodity, and that FSLY in particular is a low margin player in a low margin space. AKAM is the premium price CDN, and they only have something like 17% margins. I get the "need for speed" angle and maybe the FSLY's special sauce is so great it will supplant AKAM. The problem is that AKAM is only valued at 18 B after 20+ years of dominating their market which leaves me to question how to value their competitors. How much can they really grow?

That's definitely a fair assessment but I would think the bull case is that in our new streaming world there is a lot more need for CDN's now than 20 years ago when high speeds weren't nearly as necessary and when bandwidth was too limited to notice any real difference provided by a CDN anyway.

Edited by FreeBaGeL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DKNG under $45, why not?  Either turn it short term or add to the long.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, beef said:

DKNG under $45, why not?  Either turn it short term or add to the long.  

Agree.  I added some too.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, beef said:

Nice.  I was off on timing/price target and missed on my $29 limit.  Same with FAS that I had set at $36

Evidently I screwed up and didn't sell those or bought more than I thought.  Just trimmed all bought today for a 10% gain.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

The announcement says "due to impacts of the  uncertain geopolitical environment, usage of Fastly's platform by its previously disclosed target customer did not meet expectations, resulting in a corresponding reduction in revenue from this customer".

To me that sounds like it's basically saying "Tik Tok had lower than anticipated traffic for a little while because they were banned in the US temporarily, and fewer page loads means less revenue for the CDN when that happened".

That knocked $3 billion off the market cap, roughly 30% of the company's value, for what sounds like basically a month of down revenue due to an outlier event.

Was it ever actually banned? I don’t believe it ever was. That’s why I was assuming it was Tik Tok just using them less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, FreeBaGeL said:

That's definitely a fair assessment but I would think the bull case is that in our new streaming world there is a lot more need for CDN's now than 20 years ago when high speeds weren't nearly as necessary and when bandwidth was too limited to notice any real difference provided by a CDN anyway.

I agree with this. I bought some LLNW today. They seem to be tied more to streaming and have a way lower revenue multiple. Not growing as fast but just taking a shot that they will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/24/2020 at 3:05 PM, McBokonon said:

Anybody looked into LLNW? Seems like a classic turnaround story, customers include Disney+ and Peacock. Thinking of starting a small speculative position here but still looking into them.

 

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I agree with this. I bought some LLNW today. They seem to be tied more to streaming and have a way lower revenue multiple. Not growing as fast but just taking a shot that they will.

:kicksrock:

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McBokonon said:

 

:kicksrock:

My bad, must have missed it. Did you buy any? I did more because I sold all that FSLY. I’m still patting myself on the back for being really lucky with timing and seeing that price and thinking it’s time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stbugs said:

My bad, must have missed it. Did you buy any? I did more because I sold all that FSLY. I’m still patting myself on the back for being really lucky with timing and seeing that price and thinking it’s time.

I’m in for 100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I’m in for 100

I got 500, what the heck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, stbugs said:

My bad, must have missed it. Did you buy any? I did more because I sold all that FSLY. I’m still patting myself on the back for being really lucky with timing and seeing that price and thinking it’s time.

You couldn't have timed that any better. No, I haven't bought any. Earnings coming up, getting beat down with FSLY, today seems like a good time to start. I'll dabble now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

You couldn't have timed that any better. No, I haven't bought any. Earnings coming up, getting beat down with FSLY, today seems like a good time to start. I'll dabble now.

Total luck, but seeing the 130s made me realize that if I’m a little worried about the run up I might as well trim a bit of my biggest winner in my IRA. Earnings next Thursday. We’ll see how it goes. If it’s real positive I might double my shares.

Edited by stbugs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Total luck, but seeing the 130s made me realize that if I’m a little worried about the run up I might as well trim a bit of my biggest winner in my IRA. Earnings next Thursday. We’ll see how it goes. If it’s real positive I might double my shares.

 

14 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Bought some also. 

:hifive: Let's goooooooooooooo!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, BassNBrew said:

I’m in for 100

 

40 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I got 500, what the heck.

 

40 minutes ago, McBokonon said:

You couldn't have timed that any better. No, I haven't bought any. Earnings coming up, getting beat down with FSLY, today seems like a good time to start. I'll dabble now.

 

29 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

Bought some also. 

We are talking about buying more CYDY, right?

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In too.  But we need Chet to buy to move this needle.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

We are talking about buying more CYDY, right?

There’s a small part of me itching to get back in to that and maybe HGEN. I don’t think I could handle that again and I’d only be 1k shares and it just wouldn’t be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, stbugs said:

There’s a small part of me itching to get back in to that and maybe HGEN. I don’t think I could handle that again and I’d only be 1k shares and it just wouldn’t be worth it.

HGEN is on Nasdaq if that helps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, stbugs said:

Did we ever think they’d lose revenue though? The threat of a shut down loomed and that would materially affect their revenue but that never happened. That’s why I wasn’t planning to jump back in since this announcement appears to be outside of an actual shut down. Is there anywhere else where it does tie that reduction in revenue from Tik Tok to the threat of a shut down, meaning it could come back?

Also, while I have been doing well in tech, I’m not an expert! Motley Fool gave me most of my ideas, I just tried to sift through and find the ones I liked best. Plenty that I was late on but I have also avoided some stuff that worked out and went in more on ones I liked that hit.

I think I'm going to price first half '21 puts if it opens down tomorrow and perhaps write a couple more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ConstruxBoy said:

HGEN is on Nasdaq if that helps...

Nah, reads like the same story. It’s almost funny how similar everything is outside of the CEO. The only thing that would worry me for HGEN is that their current big trial is tied to Remdesivir. If the latter keeps getting bad news like WHO, then being in a combined trial wouldn’t seem to be as good as a solo one, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2020 at 4:10 PM, Texas Football said:

I'm just putting this out there and I can't say this is a miracle investment, but just in case there is interest. OTC Pharma again... I had mentioned it once before, but I wasn't sure it was worth anything.

A friend recommended NWBO a few months ago and I chunked some change into it. The last two weeks it has taken off. I am just now actually doing research(reading message boards) and there seems to be some excitement.

Dare I say CYDY type excitement from June. 

Cancer treatment that may work on all solid mass tumors seems out there... It is going up with no news as they wait for data lock or unblinding. Very speculative, but just mentioning in case anyone has dealt with this one.

Locked data. Doubled in one week. Good call. Lottery ticket looks good right now.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.