What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Stock Thread (9 Viewers)

$NNOX signed a deal with Ambra. First glance is it looks like Ambra will transfer Nanox images between hospitals in the USA. They’ve been making deals in other countries but I think this is the first one in ‘merica 

Should stop the bleeding for a bit.

https://www.proshares.com/media/prospectus/sqqq_summary_prospectus.pdf

You can look for yourself.  I mean the very best annual return is a -25% year over the last 8 years.  :shrug:
It is a 3x short ETF based on an index that has growth over the past 10 years.  

The question was on volatility decay I thought.   If it dropped 63% in a flat market I'd be purchasing shorts against it.  

What would the volatility decay be on TQQQ?  I don't see an easy answer in the prospectus.  

Well the market has been up over those years so it should be down.  I only see a fee of 1%.
That's their takeout fee just for having the opportunity to buy in. There are transaction costs and derivative costs not included in the fee structure that just get pulled out of the NAV.  

This was more a thought exercise about holding one of these things long term, which is nuts.  If you want to be short the market just get some bearish OTM options on the cheap and pray that rona mutates into something like Ebola/sars.

Welp, we don’t own IPHI anymore, @stbugs. Getting taken out by Marvell, looking like about a 30% pop for us. Haven’t sold yet but probably will. Need to make that decision after coffee.
Well this is a nice return for a couple of days. First time I have had a stock get bought out like this, what are the mechanics of it all? Up only 18% right now.

Welp, we don’t own IPHI anymore, @stbugs. Getting taken out by Marvell, looking like about a 30% pop for us. Haven’t sold yet but probably will. Need to make that decision after coffee.
Should have done it! I think I might need to let the market digest this because MRVL is taking a hit. My guess is that people have no idea who Inphi is but the deal totally makes sense for MRVL. Their CEO will be on CNBC this morning, hopefully he can rally the troops.

Unfortunately it went down a bit. I was so close to adding a little more yesterday. Looks like only an 11.5% total gain for me because I bought some at $122. That said, like the XLNX deal there’s a spread between the current price and what you’ll get when the merger happens. For instance, XLNX under AMD deal is worth 10% more than the actual current price. IPHI’s value in the MRVL deal is over $150. I’ll just hold until we get new shares. Unless the deals fall apart, there’s another 10-20% gain. Both MRVL and AMD are in Fool recs so I’ll likely keep them after the deals. I don’t like that 60% of MRVL is cash, but it is what it is.

Why didn’t I buy PINS? Could have been having a great day. That was a 50% gain in 2 weeks.

Well this is a nice return for a couple of days. First time I have had a stock get bought out like this, what are the mechanics of it all? Up only 18% right now.
You’ll get 2.323 shares of MRVL and $66 per each share of $IPHI you own if you hang on until the deal closes.

If the S word isn't in the news stonks will go down.  

I'm still very much thinking Trump wins with a similar congress makeup and stonks go up and money printer turns back on.

You’ll get 2.323 shares of MRVL and $66 per each share of $IPHI you own if you hang on until the deal closes.
I’d hang on. The value of the deal is 20% more than the $130 opening. If we liked IPHI, then I like MRVL too. Like XLNX/AMD, they are a big chunk of the new market cap so not getting sucked in as a tiny piece where their future is muted. For instance, as high as AMD has gone, they are still a fraction of what Intel was at its height so they’ve got room to run too. I honestly wish the IPHI deal was all stock so I could just keep that ball rolling.

$NNOX signed a deal with Ambra. First glance is it looks like Ambra will transfer Nanox images between hospitals in the USA. They’ve been making deals in other countries but I think this is the first one in ‘merica 

Should stop the bleeding for a bit.
That works. NNOX never got too far below my cost so I wasn’t really worried. Not like NWBO, LOL.

I’d hang on. The value of the deal is 20% more than the $130 opening. If we liked IPHI, then I like MRVL too. Like XLNX/AMD, they are a big chunk of the new market cap so not getting sucked in as a tiny piece where their future is muted. For instance, as high as AMD has gone, they are still a fraction of what Intel was at its height so they’ve got room to run too. I honestly wish the IPHI deal was all stock so I could just keep that ball rolling.
I'm thinking about it. If I do, today might be a good day to sell MRVL puts, even just a month out. 

That one is surprising me too. I'm always wrong on these social media companies.
I wouldn’t touch it now. Yes, they beat but they were already up 25% due to jumping for SNAP. Their earnings beat if you look at prior quarters wasn’t big enough to get a 50%+ pop when the market’s been down. The quarter they just had got them back to a little above Q4 2019 after two not so good quarters (4% growth YoY for last quarter).

It’s a weird retail environment where some companies just get swept up. It’s great to own those companies (like TSLA) but it’s so hard to buy in sometimes when you compare valuations and growth.

Bought some NRGU @ 22.66.  Will double down if it drops below 20.
I had a buy order that filled this morning at 20.05 - I'll take it but my stock app shows the low of the day at 20.07.  Should be about even for the trade between the two at this point.

I'm thinking about it. If I do, today might be a good day to sell MRVL puts, even just a month out. 
Most of my 5G stuff doing really well today. With the year I’ve had, I’m happy to take a nice 10-20% return on XLNX and IPHI over the next year that’s not “guaranteed” but as close as you can get. I see no reason these deals don’t consummate and no reason the new stocks will go down appreciably. I mean if you hold on to XLNX at 122.90 right now, you’ll get 134.80 of AMD next year. For IPHI, it’s $134 right now and even with MRVL dropping due to the deal, you’ll get $150 next year. Basically a 10% gain if AMD and MRVL stay where they are. I think it’s more likely they’ll be up a little so I’m sticking and not worrying about that chunk of money.

So desparate to have some wins I bought FRO, DHT, and INN at the open and flipped them for 1.5% gains.  Maybe made $45 on the trades but damn I was tried of getting kicked in the nuts.

I wouldn’t touch it now. Yes, they beat but they were already up 25% due to jumping for SNAP. Their earnings beat if you look at prior quarters wasn’t big enough to get a 50%+ pop when the market’s been down. The quarter they just had got them back to a little above Q4 2019 after two not so good quarters (4% growth YoY for last quarter).

It’s a weird retail environment where some companies just get swept up. It’s great to own those companies (like TSLA) but it’s so hard to buy in sometimes when you compare valuations and growth.
I’m not saying buy now but one of the main arguments for PINS is that they have only scratched the surface when it comes to monetizing their users, so looking at past growth numbers isn’t as helpful as it is with other stocks. They fall under social media but they’re really a stealthy e-commerce play just getting started.

After $SE, I try not to let major run-ups scare me off if I believe in the long term. I just scale in. This pop is nuts though, wouldn’t do a short term trade here. 

That one is surprising me too. I'm always wrong on these social media companies.
Yeah, if you really look into the numbers, I don’t get why PINS is up over 50% in two weeks. They popped half because of SNAP and half for their earnings. I don’t see their beat after two down quarters (Q2 was 4% growth YoY) being that much more impressive than FVRR, LVGO and ETSY but they are all flat to down after earnings and all of them had 90-120% revenue growth compared to 58%. The quarter for PINS was only 10% above Q4 of last year. Anyway, PINS is now worth $5B more than LVGO, FVRR and ETSY put together even though it’s less profitable had about $200M (600 to 400) less in revenue last quarter and has half the revenue growth. I liked PINS in the low 40s, don’t like in the high 60s. I’d much rather stick with owning the other 3 for the next 5 years.

I’m not saying buy now but one of the main arguments for PINS is that they have only scratched the surface when it comes to monetizing their users, so looking at past growth numbers isn’t as helpful as it is with other stocks. They fall under social media but they’re really a stealthy e-commerce play just getting started.

After $SE, I try not to let major run-ups scare me off if I believe in the long term. I just scale in. This pop is nuts though, wouldn’t do a short term trade here. 
See my post above. I don’t like their short term price. There’s other stocks I’d rather own at that price. Monetizing as an e-commerce platform isn’t easy. How much of FB’s revenue is advertising compared to e-commerce? Anyway, that bump completely scared me off. LVGO, FVRR and ETSY have run even more than PINS this past year but I still believe in them. I think PINs had a much higher IPO market cap to start hence not quite as much pop this year until the past two weeks.

If it calms down a bit I might bite. I’d stick if I bought it when I should have, but the numbers now far don’t make it as attractive. In 5 years, I don’t believe it will be worth more than those 3 combined. I could be wrong but I think it’s a much bigger risk on the PINS side.

See my post above. I don’t like their short term price. There’s other stocks I’d rather own at that price. Monetizing as an e-commerce platform isn’t easy. How much of FB’s revenue is advertising compared to e-commerce? Anyway, that bump completely scared me off. LVGO, FVRR and ETSY have run even more than PINS this past year but I still believe in them. I think PINs had a much higher IPO market cap to start hence not quite as much pop this year until the past two weeks.

If it calms down a bit I might bite. I’d stick if I bought it when I should have, but the numbers now far don’t make it as attractive. In 5 years, I don’t believe it will be worth more than those 3 combined. I could be wrong but I think it’s a much bigger risk on the PINS side.
That’s fine. I’m in a different position because I bought at 41 or whatever it was. Plus I own those other 3, too. Added to ETSY this morning already.

Some really good work here ST.

That’s fine. I’m in a different position because I bought at 41 or whatever it was. Plus I own those other 3, too. Added to ETSY this morning already.
Back on the Easy ride.  Just a nibble because it went to the 110s after the last earnings plunge.  I think I geeked out a few percent and then missed the run up.  

I meant to buy at 43 (after not buying it well before) and was even going to add some at 49 yesterday. Bad calls. That SNAP earnings messed me up, had no clue that was happening or the impact it would have. I knew the market would drop a bit but that hit way earlier than earnings. Basically made me reassess and pause.

That said, I did some digging more to see if I still would buy in but I’m good with other stuff now. Maybe if it trends back down into the lower 50s. Just something about it being 25% more than the combined LVGO/TDOC and 15% more than FVRR+LVGO (or TDOC)+ETSY.

If the S word isn't in the news stonks will go down.  

I'm still very much thinking Trump wins with a similar congress makeup and stonks go up and money printer turns back on.
I don't want to get into politics in here and am not trading based on political belief, so this is all I'm going to say:

I am pretty worried we are trending towards a bad wave of COVID along with a lame duck Trump with no incentive to do further stimulus. However, I don't think the latter will necessarily impact the stock market too much since the investor class isn't the class that are going to be most impacted by shutdowns. There are also significant Fed backstops that should prevent the type of liquidity markets breakdowns we saw in March.

Last edited by a moderator:
Care to wager on this?
I'm curious how you'd handle an increasingly likely scenario in this wager. He refuses to concede and takes every legal avenue he can to remain in the WH, including pushing Republican state legislatures to set aside the popular vote and directly assign their electors to him. 

How many different stonks do all of you own? :oldunsure:
Approaching 95.  That said, I got maybe 15 Spacs with only 10-20 shares that I'm invested in as a hedge while still feeling like there's a potential pop.  Also maybe another dozen with minimal shares or even 1 share that I trade such as INN that have varied between 1 and 1000 shares depending on the day.  

Approaching 95.  That said, I got maybe 15 Spacs with only 10-20 shares that I'm invested in as a hedge while still feeling like there's a potential pop.  Also maybe another dozen with minimal shares or even 1 share that I trade such as INN that have varied between 1 and 1000 shares depending on the day.  
How many computer monitors do you have?

🤯

I think I’m at 60 now, but probably have 10-15 of those SPAC/small risky bets. Gotta give those a bit more time to see whether I’ll keep doing that. So far, still about $50k up this year on this risky stuff but the bulk is in CYDY. Might not be worth it unless Chet comes in here with another one. Chet’s got the contacts to get you in pre-pump. ;)

I think I’m at 60 now, but probably have 10-15 of those SPAC/small risky bets. Gotta give those a bit more time to see whether I’ll keep doing that. So far, still about $50k up this year on this risky stuff but the bulk is in CYDY. Might not be worth it unless Chet comes in here with another one. Chet’s got the contacts to get you in pre-pump. ;)
So...foreplay?

What is the general consensus here on stimulus?  Do most of you think something will be passed soon?

I for one do not.  The negotiations between the R and D are no different than two fantasy owners drastically overvaluing their own players and making the same offers over and over just with a different narrative.  

AH is tough.  Tried to buy Amazon at 3160 and sell Google at 1700.  Both moved faster than I could type.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread