What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (9 Viewers)

This really feels like he's already signed and they're holding back on telling us to get ratings. The biggest fantasy football impact free agent maybe ever, people F5ing on Twitter and every sports website around. 
Maybe Twitter is paying him for the shortfall in his deal to delay the news.

The what if part = the risk in my post.

There was never any such thing as guaranteed 15 and guaranteed 30-40.  By definition the 30-40 was only guaranteed if he sat out.
We don't even know if he will get that much guaranteed money...

So I'm not sure how it was guaranteed if he sat out?  What if his biggest offer is less than that? 

What if he got busted for something during the hold out? Just an example of how the 30-40 million isn't guaranteed until the contract is signed... 

What if sitting out soured too many teams and there isn't a market? This seems like it might have happened... 

Shark Pool is especially useless today with the trolls out.  
If you mean me I’m sorry and I’m not trying to be a troll, never have been, and I know he won’t sign for the veteran minimum as someone will step up.  I’m just stating I’d love to see nobody interested in his baggage and it to happen. Just wishful thinking. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean me I’m sorry and I’m not trying to be a troll, never have been, and I know he won’t sign for the veteran minimum as someone will step up.  I’m just stating I’d love to see nobody interested in his baggage and it to happen. Just wishful thinking. 
Nah, man, I don't mean you. I just mean people that are obviously taking positions not moored in reality, taking positions against a particular team, etc. 

I'm talking about the usual suspects actually. People are having a debate that they've had for about the entire year. Let's wait a few hours and find out what's happened. Likelihood is neither side is right but the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

Foles got money between Keenum and Cousins money. 

Bell will get more guaranteed than the Steelers offered but less than hoped. 

The Steelers weren't entirely to blame, nor were Bell and Brown. 

Etc.  

just today?
I generally get a lot out of the player threads and other threads. I do not get anything out of arguing about Le'Veon Bell all year, especially when the arguments have already been had and there's really nowhere to go with them until the contract details for his services are public. Then do the victory lap or the walk of shame. 

But again? 

It's just like beating the proverbial dead horse at this point. 

Nah, man, I don't mean you. I just mean people that are obviously taking positions not moored in reality, taking positions against a particular team, etc. 

I'm talking about the usual suspects actually. People are having a debate that they've had for about the entire year. Let's wait a few hours and find out what's happened. Likelihood is neither side is right but the truth is somewhere in the middle. 

Foles got money between Keenum and Cousins money. 

Bell will get more guaranteed than the Steelers offered but less than hoped. 

The Steelers weren't entirely to blame, nor were Bell and Brown. 

Etc.  
Agree! Especially with that last line. I can say I don’t know either AB or Bell personally so myself and a lot of other people can’t say what they have dealt with or maybe haven’t. It could be one side or the other, however when there are two star players sort of pulling the same stuff maybe there is something there with the organization. Nobody other than the people that are there know exactly what’s going on for real. I could be completely out of line hoping Bell gets screwed because he could be 100% right with what’s going on. It’s just the stuff we as fans here and that’s where my opinion comes from and like I stated I could be completely wrong. 

Again with the future guaranteed 30-40 million.  Free agency is like, now, and this money still isn't guaranteed, let along several months ago.
He will get the 30-40 guaranteed (or so I was just reading about the Jets offer).

The only way he could guarantee that is to be healthy like, now.

Well since Bell’s “council” thinks all players are slaves.... sounds like 2019 in a nut shell. Imagine having the money the Steelers offered on the table not once but twice, walking, insulting them, sitting out a prime season of a traditionally short career and wasting $15 mil in the process. 

Why would YOU think this would be hilarious?
You appear to be emotionally invested here (insults, name calling)... I am not.

I don't really care either way what happens.. if that is the case, it will be amusing.

as of right now, today, I believe most people would say Ben > Mayfield. Could this change in the (near) future? Of course.
He nearly outperformed Big Ben without AB in 2 less games as a rookie. Now Ben doesn't have a top 5 WR and he's a year older. 

Not sure why Big Ben is universally thought of as better. 

:Shrug:

He did argue aggressively a few years ago he could beat Manny Pacquiao in a fight, so he’s got that going for him. 
I'm not sure a single piece of this statement is accurate.  Guess you had to be there.

And again.. when insults (or attempted insults) are your go to, kind of telling.  :shrug:

Man the info being reported on this is just all over the place.
Even he signs you'll know the team but we are all  going to get bad info on the contract. You'll probably hear about some huge guarantee, like the Gurley deal but when the contract really gets broke down on overthecap.com or spotrac.com you'll see, like Gurley, the whole bunch of those guarantees are not really guaranteed. It's going to be a contract designed to look better then it actually will be with guarantees for injuries and stipulations in future years that state "if he's on the roster" 3 days within the new league year type of stuff.

Pat kirwan just said he's got an offer on the table from the jets for 5/85 with i think 50 guaranteed
I actually almost believe this bc this is the idiot GM that didn’t top 3/27 for Paradis. Wouldn’t fill a gaping hole for that, but will overpay for a RB - Jets just being Jets.

Kirwan is the least sensationalist guy in this business and doesn't care about breaking news.  If he says that came from someone he trusted then I believe him.  That doesn't mean it's fully accurate, but his guys don't burn him often. 

Pat kirwan just said he's got an offer on the table from the jets for 5/85 with i think 50 guaranteed
if true....start the countdown to the "well yeah it worked out for him......but it still wasn't a good decision" posts.....

but the "but they will make it seem better than it really is" posts have already been teed up...

I'm not sure a single piece of this statement is accurate.  Guess you had to be there.

And again.. when insults (or attempted insults) are your go to, kind of telling.  :shrug:
I’d rather be direct with an insult than a condescending tool. 

& yes, you did :shrug:

You can’t believe that at this point. AB got 30 mil guaranteed, Trent Brown 34 mil guaranteed. If he had that contract in hand it would be done or he’s quite possibly even more dumb than I already think he is.
Right and was just saying something similar in my last post. Gurley contract is my best example. Was reported as $45M in guarantees but was really just $21M in true guarantees, all the rest was dependent on being on the roster and injuries. That's how Bell's contract is going to look.

Watch the Jets say screw this and sign Coleman... 

They probably want to sign their backup option if Bell doesn't like their offer.  Wait too long and Coleman could sign elsewhere. 

I’d rather be direct with an insult than a condescending tool. 

& yes, you did :shrug:

You and ghost are both being condescending and insulting anyone who disagrees with your take on what you would do in Bells case.  I'm not the only one calling you out on it.

It isn't something to get mad about guys.  Why is it upsetting you enough to insult people? 

The Pacquiao thread was before you even joined the board.  What 14 years ago now?  Either way, you also seem to think this is an insult... which is also weird.

FTR, based on Kirwan's and earlier reports, I think the Jets gave him a too good to refuse offer. But b/c they are the Jets, he's trying a last ditch effort to get the Ravens, Raiders or some other dark horse to come close, or at least up their bids significantly.

For all the talk about this guy being only about money, I sense he may be willing to forego a good amount of cash to play with a team more to his liking. I think his issue with Pittsburgh was as much about principles and respect as much as it was about straight dollars and sense.

Let's see how this plays out. Won't be surprised to see him take 10-20% less than what the Jets are offering to play for Chucky and AB or with LJax instead.

Leveon Bell isn't going to be a top 10 fantasy RB at the end of the season next year. 

Right now it looks like he'll be a Raider or Jet, and I don't think he'll get enough touchdowns or opportunities for carries from either team. Both aren't going to be winning teams, and winning teams tend to run the ball more. 
Disagree I think he’s easily top 10 either place. Volume will be massive

Would be an ethical conflict of interest and worthy of a lawsuit if Colemans agent didnt represent him to his fullest ability
Agreed but also have to assume this happens a bunch? There can’t NOT be a conflict of interest occasionally when one agent represents several players. 

Users who are viewing this thread