Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Le'Veon Bell

1 hour ago, Don Hutson said:

Is there a chance that Bilal would take over lead back duties and Montgomery would continue as COP back if Bell misses time?  Montgomery getting only 2 touches would indicate that Gase isn't that high on him.

Judging by preseason, Montgomery played the role of lead back when Bell wasn't there. It wasn't just a COP thing.

But who knows? You got me, and I'm a homer. 

Ty Montgomery is a wildcard.  They brought him in on the veteran minimum.  They gave him opportunities in the preseason hoping he could create a little magic.  He hasn't. The Jets knew it was a long shot.  I don't think it will be at all surprising if Montgomery doesn't get more than 30% of snaps on Monday night if Bell is out.  Maybe they'll give Montgomery a chance to prove himself.  But he'll be on a very short leash and could be overtaken by the 2nd quarter.

Edited by Don Hutson

1 minute ago, Don Hutson said:

Ty Montgomery is a wildcard.  They brought him in on the veteran minimum.  They gave him opportunities in the preseason hoping he could create a little magic.  He hasn't. The Jets knew it was a long shot.  I don't think it will be at all surprising if Montgomery doesn't get more than 30% of snaps on Monday night if Bell is out.  Maybe they'll give Montgomery a chance to prove himself.  But he'll be on a very short leash and could be overtaken by the 2nd quarter.

Powell almost suffered a career-ending neck injury. He's not carrying any load. Bell should okay. Until then, the add is Montgomery and not Bilal, though Powell has never done anything but run hard and reasonably well for a starting back.

Powell is also the wrong side of the age slope for RBs. I think he's thirty. 

And stay away from this dumpster fire unless you're desperate at RB. Simien at QB means at least eight in the box, and that's not the Hell's Angels at a Ken Kesey party, either. 

I guess he'll have to postpone that next music video until the bye week.  He was hoping to get a jump start  

5 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Yeah he'll play...........

For a half..........

This would be my concern but only if the game is out of hand at the half. Big stage and I'd think he'd want to be out there.

• Like 1

Like Cleveland looked like such world beaters in week one. 

This will be a tough game regardless of Darnold not being there. Monday night dog in NY. 

Bell will ball. And this will be a close game. 

Browns are nothing but paper champs till proven otherwise. 

Edited by Todem

Coach Adam Gase told reporters Friday that Le'Veon Bell (shoulder) is good to go for the Jets' Week 2 matchup against the Browns.

Gase also confirmed that Bell would practice Saturday. He's set up well against a Browns defense that yielded 159 total yards and a pair of touchdowns to Derrick Henry in Week 1. Bell is locked in as the Jets' three-down back after playing a perfect 71-of-71 snaps in the team's Week 1 loss to the Bills. His dominant receiving ability makes him a no-doubt RB1, particularly with Trevor Siemian having a history of checking the ball down.

SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter.

Sep 13, 2019, 2:49 PM ET

Le'Veon Bell (shoulder) is officially questionable for Week 2 against the Browns.

All signs point to Bell playing, but he'll be without his starting quarterback and two key defenders on the other side of the ball. Bell's full-snap workload makes him game script-independent, and he should be targeted heavily if the Jets trail. Bell is a solid RB1, especially after Derrick Henry went off against Cleveland last week.

SOURCE: Jets on Twitter

Sep 14, 2019, 5:31 PM ET

Some strong and declarative takes here. Let me posit mine.

My opinion and my opinion only: The Jets are gonna get avalanched, maybe not in epic fashion, but dominated. They're missing Q. Williams and C.J. Mosley, two of the three defenders to speak of. On offense, they'll miss Darnold and Enunwa, a starting QB and starting WR.

This is a totally different team than even preseason, and they were supposed to take time to come together.

This is not a good team. Nobody is "game-script independent." That's tomfoolery. They lose this 34-14. Bell's only hope is for garbage time dump-offs. Wanna bet on that? Nope. I don't either.

Edited by rockaction

3 hours ago, rockaction said:

Some strong and declarative takes here. Let me posit mine.

My opinion and my opinion only: The Jets are gonna get avalanched, maybe not in epic fashion, but dominated. They're missing Q. Williams and C.J. Mosley, two of the three defenders to speak of. On offense, they'll miss Darnold and Enunwa, a starting QB and starting WR.

This is a totally different team than even preseason, and they were supposed to take time to come together.

This is not a good team. Nobody is "game-script independent." That's tomfoolery. They lose this 34-14. Bell's only hope is for garbage time dump-offs. Wanna bet on that? Nope. I don't either.

So you would bench Bell if you owned him?

Yes, it may be ugly, but you smoke him if you've got him.

38 minutes ago, Jed said:

So you would bench Bell if you owned him?

Yes, it may be ugly, but you smoke him if you've got him.

I would definitely not bench Bell If I owned him. That said, listen to the experts and most importantly, yourself, not me. I'm just predicting, with no money on the line, what will happen. My problem was with the Rotoworld blurb and people that don't watch the Jets saying they'll be fine. I really doubt it. Let your conscience and better judgment be your guide in starting/not starting your fantasy players.

Eh. Last week the “experts” had Henry as a sit. No way I sit Bell. They could get beat 35-7 but he could be the one to score the TD and catch 7 passes. The yardage would be gravy. I can’t imagine in week two anyone has a standout option to plug in over him. And if he puts up a dud? I can live with it where I drafted him but couldn’t and got cute if I benched him for say Adrian Peterson. Just my $.02.

I am more concerned he is going to get injured than not put up numbers.  As long as he is healthy, he plays for me. 

It sounds like the MRI was 100% just to be safe cause his shoulder was a bit sore. The MRI revealed nothing which likely means it's just a slightly bruised shoulder and nothing more, they wouldn't be putting him out there when 90% of the team is already hurt if there was any chance they felt he could injure the shoulder further. 

So I'm not terribly concerned he gets hurt, I also think there's a TONNNNN of pressure on the Browns. They were the offseason "champs" came out and didn't just lose to a mediocre Titans team, they got used and abused at home. They've heard about it all week, if they lose this game things are going to get really really ugly in Cleveland and they know it. So there's a ridiculous amount of pressure on the Browns and they're on the road. 

If they god forbid come out and Baker throws an early pick or the Jets get out to an early lead, the Browns could start to devolve quickly on the sidelines and unravel. In that scenario, Bell gets a ridiculous amount of work and could put up a ton of points this week. 

The flip side is that the Browns come out and just look the part, what we all expected and the offense clicks like mad and the Jets are forced to throw a lot. Without Enunwa out and with Sieman at QB... Bell could conceivably catch like 10+ passes in this game as Sieman is constantly under pressure and forced to dump the ball off a ton to Bell. 

Way I see it, whether the Browns collapse or they pounce on the Jets, unless Bell is actually hurt and they're hiding it and he barely plays any snaps (which seems highly unlikely), Bell should be a top play this week. 

A great pass catching back like Bell is pretty game script independent.

3 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

A great pass catching back like Bell is pretty game script independent.

Fair enough. I'm just not sold on this game. I could be really wrong and Bell and Crowder and Anderson is their offense. But with a sore shoulder, I'd bet dollars to donuts Montgomery gets some run if this gets out of hand. 

Edited by rockaction

Le'Veon Bell rushed 21 times for 110 yards and caught all 10 of his targets for 61 yards in the Jets' 23-3, Week 2 loss to the Browns Monday night.

With Trevor Siemian making the start, the Jets were already doomed before this one even kicked off. And then Siemian suffered a left ankle injury in the second quarter. Luke Falk, a 2015 seventh-round pick, entered to make his NFL debut. All of this led to Bell getting fed the ball relentlessly, something he probably loved. But we can't question his effort in this one. Bell could have easily given up and quit on a night the Jets had zero chance to win. But he ran hard. Unfortunately, Bell lost a fumble inside the 10-yard line in the fourth quarter while trying to fight for the end zone. With Falk likely to start Week 3 in New England, Bell should again flirt with 30 touches.

Sep 16, 2019, 11:19 PM ET

I must admit LeVeon looked damn good last night.   I don;t blame either side but I wish he and the Steelers could have worked things out.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Le'Veon Bell rushed 15 times for 43 yards, additionally hauling in 7-of-9 targets fo r45 yards in the Jets' demoralizing Week 5 loss to the Eagles.

The Jets and Luke Falk were unsurprisingly overwhelmed from the get-go, getting manhandled for 10 sacks, a pick-six, and a strip-sack that resulted in a fumble return for another score. Bell's usage in this Darnold-less stint has been that of a bell-cow back, but it's only resulted in an empty 54/146 rushing (2.7 YPC) and 21/134 receiving as the team's only viable offensive threat since Week 2. The table will inevitably turn once Darnold's back under center, but Bell can't be considered anything more than a usage-based RB1 as the offense continues floundering until that time. It doesn't get any easier with a home matchup against the Cowboys on deck for Week 6.

Edited by The Frankman

Bell has been quietly playing great, with zero help. Zero passing threat, and constant deficits. If darnold's return can even make this a below average offense, and I think its possible it could be as good as average, Bell could explode.

Only McCaffrey is seeing this level of work. Not even Cook. Bell's upside is still top-5 RB, and now may be the last chance to buy. I'd happily sell a Mark Ingram type plus another starter for Bell.

The guy is playing his guts out. He just has no help and no space. Things will get better when Sam gets back but i still think Gase and the o line will prevent him from putting up the top 5 numbers he's obviously capable of. I do think he'll be top 10 going forward whenever Sam gets back in there. The back half of the schedule is really soft.