What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (12 Viewers)

In all seriousness,  does he have any value right now? I'm pretty much dangling him out as sweetener in all my trade offers right now hoping his name piques a little interest.

In all seriousness,  does he have any value right now? I'm pretty much dangling him out as sweetener in all my trade offers right now hoping his name piques a little interest.
he has looked like a corpse in his time with the jets, they have gase as HC and have gases's muse, frank gore roostered.  when they are 1-7 i figure they look at perine a bunch.  but these are the jets, so maybe gore gets 30 touches a game.  short of the matter is that bell would have no value to me in any format.

The last time Bell rushed for 100 yards was Week 15 of the 2017 season.  2017!  That same season, Lesean McCoy and CJ Anderson each rushed for over 1,000 yards, and backs like Alex Collins, Orleans Darkwa, Bilal Powell and Isaiah Crowell were all fantasy relevant.  In NFL terms, that is ancient history.  Bell was a quality back once upon a time, but he has not looked good in quite some time.  I have been holding onto him in a PPR Dynasty league, but I don't know how much longer I want to surrender a valuable roster spot to him.  His reception numbers keep him just valuable enough to hang onto in PPR, but not valuable enough to put into my lineup as more than an occasional flex or injury or bye-week sub.  I keep hoping he will have that one big game so I can unload him in a trade, but I may not wait that long.  If I can grab an upside player from the waiver wire, I may send Bell packing.  Bell offers no real future upside.  He is never again going to be the back he was in Pittsburgh.

The last time Bell rushed for 100 yards was Week 15 of the 2017 season.  2017!  That same season, Lesean McCoy and CJ Anderson each rushed for over 1,000 yards, and backs like Alex Collins, Orleans Darkwa, Bilal Powell and Isaiah Crowell were all fantasy relevant.  In NFL terms, that is ancient history.  Bell was a quality back once upon a time, but he has not looked good in quite some time.  I have been holding onto him in a PPR Dynasty league, but I don't know how much longer I want to surrender a valuable roster spot to him.  His reception numbers keep him just valuable enough to hang onto in PPR, but not valuable enough to put into my lineup as more than an occasional flex or injury or bye-week sub.  I keep hoping he will have that one big game so I can unload him in a trade, but I may not wait that long.  If I can grab an upside player from the waiver wire, I may send Bell packing.  Bell offers no real future upside.  He is never again going to be the back he was in Pittsburgh.
as a jet fan, i get the feeling that bell got paid, knows this is a losing team and is uninterested in trying.  i figure he is "hurt" most the year, collecting his money until he is cut next year.  even if he shocks me, this team is gonna be behind a bunch, not a formula for the run game.  oh and Gase.

as a jet fan, i get the feeling that bell got paid, knows this is a losing team and is uninterested in trying.  i figure he is "hurt" most the year, collecting his money until he is cut next year.  even if he shocks me, this team is gonna be behind a bunch, not a formula for the run game.  oh and Gase.

I dunno, wasn't he the one denying his injury and wanting to practice/play through it?  Saying how much he had to prove this year? 

I dunno, wasn't he the one denying his injury and wanting to practice/play through it?  Saying how much he had to prove this year? 
says his coach or him?  who knows, but there is no way this guys finished this season IMO.  just a gut feeling.

This signing by Maccagnan :lmao:

It'd be so much funnier if it wasn't my favorite team that looks so inept from ownership on down. 

I tried and tried and tried to trade him all offseason. Finally moved him on September 6th for (what should be) an early 2nd in 2021. This is a salary cap league where is the 14th highest paid player.

IR doesn't mean the same thing it has in seasons past, but still, he will miss at least the next three games.  Is Gore the play here, or is is nobody?
Nobody is gonna save your team, if that's what you're asking. It's gonna be a Ballage/Gore/Perine/Adams RBBC. This team is pathetic.

Funny thing is, the coach thinks he's riding a guy out of town. Truth is, the ####### is riding his own clown show to an early firing. 

Almost feel like if Gase is fired, he's gonna get another shot as the workhorse and kill it just despite Gase.  Which if the Jets start terribly, he will probably be gone by week 10.

At this point his trade value is nothing, you may as well hold on to him at this point and hope for that Gase firing.

A lil aside....

The league I had him in we can make an immediate IR move as soon as the player is off the teams official roster, or shows up on NFL.com's transactions.......I was able to dump him and snag Snell......that worked out great!  So happy to have that turd gone for a solid back on a solid team.

ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler reports Le’Veon Bell (hamstring, IR) is targeting a Week 5 return.

The Jets expect to get Bell back when first eligible.  He can resume practicing next week and should return for a matchup with the Cardinals. Bell will be working against negative gamescripts on the winless Jets, but with Jamison Crowder (hamstring) and Breshad Perriman (ankle) injured, he could see higher than the 57% of snaps he was playing before going down.

SOURCE: ESPN

Sep 30, 2020, 9:41 AM ET

Have a feeling Bell is gonna go off the week Gase is fired.

Hopefully week 5.
Will help that any new coach won't be so smitten with Gore and unless you are a slot WR I guess it helps every player to break free from Gase.

My faint hope is Bell shows well and combined with some attrition around the league creates a trade market. I recall the trade rumors popping around him near the deadline last year but that never seemed feasible because of the guarantees in his contract and cap hit to Jets  and both of those are not factors any longer, just fitting in Bell's prorated pay for this season is only cap concern because his guarantees are over after that. But key to this happening is Bell needs to show he's worth it to a team in need, worth about $6M for half a season,  if he does I do think it's possible he is dealt.

Actually Bell was having a pretty decent game usage wise - Gase probably should have let him rest or condition on the sideline, I think they’ll lean on him when he gets back.

It’s really sad seeing a pretty talented squad constantly falling into injury and disgruntlement. Darnold could end up like Rosen at this rate.

Potentially coming off IR this week. If so, there's a strong likelihood he'll be plugged into my decimated/underperforming lineup at FLEX over Gallup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't surprise me to see Bell traded this week. 
I'm not a cap expert, but his contract makes this highly unlikely I think.  I believe there is a chance for them to get out from under the contract next year for a 4M cap hit, but this year is way higher than that.

Potentially coming off IR this week. If so, there's a strong likelihood he'll be plugged into my decimated/underperforming lineup at FLEX over Gallup.
He should get the ball that's for sure.

That team was an offensive disaster last week and now Darnold is probably out. Poor immobile Flacco.

That said, AZ run D is horrendous.

Somebody dropped L. Bell when he first went on IR. I picked him up hoping there were signs of life. I'm watching him this week, but not starting him.

He should get the ball that's for sure.

That team was an offensive disaster last week and now Darnold is probably out. Poor immobile Flacco.

That said, AZ run D is horrendous.

Somebody dropped L. Bell when he first went on IR. I picked him up hoping there were signs of life. I'm watching him this week, but not starting him.
He's better sitting on the wire tempting people than he is in your lineup. Good move. 

Drafted in the third round of my re-draft league. Couldn't believe it.
Yeah, he went in like the third or fourth in ours. I'm a Jets fan, so I just stayed way away and passed when he fell. Problem isn't all Bell, either. It's his coach and his line, too. Not that Bell has been a stalwart of making a go at things while in shape or anything (if you were in such good shape last year, how are you now finally in football shape this year, etc...); he's just also got that working against him.

No thanks.

Watch. Now he'll go for 140 next game. 

I'm not a cap expert, but his contract makes this highly unlikely I think. 
Contract is easy to trade now, was not the case last year.

By easy to trade I mean no major cap hit to Jets and no future cap hit to any team acquiring him. Just a question of is he worth his prorated salary to a team this year and that would likely take a contending team that suffered an injury to a RB, which is not far fetched.

He's better sitting on the wire tempting people than he is in your lineup. Good move. 
I traded for him a few hours ago in a dynasty league.

I lost a lot of RB's on this team and my RB2 and RB depth as a whole is terrible.

Bell did give about 14.5 a game last year and did it with decent consistency and other then Gase's love affair with Gore I think the situation is at least a little  better. Of course I'd like him to be traded but I think he can be that again, a consistent RB2, when he gets back, which I hope is this weekend.

He may not be the guy you want to put in your lineup, but he might be the guy some teams need to put in their lineup.

I traded for him a few hours ago in a dynasty league.

He may not be the guy you want to put in your lineup, but he might be the guy some teams need to put in their lineup.
What did you give up?

Regarding the second point, things can certainly go awry to where you'd need him. I have a hard time believing he'll average 14.50 pts. unless you're full PPR. I hope he lands in a better situation, that's for sure. 

Not really criticizing your move, I just have no faith in Bell on the Jets. 

What did you give up?

Regarding the second point, things can certainly go awry to where you'd need him. I have a hard time believing he'll average 14.50 pts. unless you're full PPR. I hope he lands in a better situation, that's for sure. 

Not really criticizing your move, I just have no faith in Bell on the Jets. 
Yes  it's full PPR and I gave up a second and a third and got back  Bell and a 4th. I did have an extra 1 and 2 from previous trades so had some draft collateral to work with.

Understand not having faith him in or any Jets and I don't do this trade if I don't need a RB.

Yes  it's full PPR and I gave up a second and a third and got back  Bell and a 4th. I did have an extra 1 and 2 from previous trades so had some draft collateral to work with.

Understand not having faith him in or any Jets and I don't do this trade if I don't need a RB.
Cool. And I can understand that a trade is out of necessity and what that means; that's really why I'm not judging, just curious for my own intake. That sounds about right and that you got a fair deal, and if you've got the extra two, then by all means. Believe me, I wouldn't be rolling out Damien Harris as a FLEX next week if my overall situation was any good, either.

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports Le'Veon Bell (hamstring, IR) "plans and expects to play" in Week 5 against the Cardinals.

This falls in line with comments from coach Adam Gase, who said Bell "feels better" than he did in Week 1. Bell has reportedly been healthy the last couple weeks. There's a low floor with Bell in a Joe Flacco offense in his first game back, but it doesn't sound like his workload will be limited.

SOURCE: ESPN

Oct 10, 2020, 10:21 AM ET

Jets activated RB Le'Veon Bell (hamstrings) from injured reserve.

As expected. He's gotten the green light to face the Cardinals this week. However, we doubt Bell actually handles workhorse snaps and will share the load with Frank Gore and possibly even Lamical Perine and/or Ty Johnson. Bell is barely a RB3/FLEX play in a horrible offense with Joe Flacco starting.

Oct 10, 2020, 4:17 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread