What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Le'Veon Bell, FA - 9.6.21 Workout For Baltimore (7 Viewers)

Allbright says nothing to that rumor

Benjamin Allbright ✔@AllbrightNFL

And I quote: "Absolutely nothing to that." https://twitter.com/MattMP1/status/916299644031979521 …

10:12 AM - Oct 6, 2017

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping it's nothing because I would like to think he's smarter then that but if he is suspended it would be a 4 game. Part of his appeal for the missed test was that it went down to 3 games from 4 and he also didn't advance in the stage or whatever you wanna call it

The OP on the Reddit website has clarified with his "source" that Bell has not failed a drug test yet, but rather is being called in to drug test. So just standard day to day I suppose. If Bell did test today and it was positive, would we have knowledge of this quickly? Seems like failed tests in the offseason are so delayed (by months sometimes), but maybe that's because it's the offseason? Not counting on Bell getting suspended at this point, but will hold Conner for now... 

The OP on the Reddit website has clarified with his "source" that Bell has not failed a drug test yet, but rather is being called in to drug test. So just standard day to day I suppose. If Bell did test today and it was positive, would we have knowledge of this quickly? Seems like failed tests in the offseason are so delayed (by months sometimes), but maybe that's because it's the offseason? Not counting on Bell getting suspended at this point, but will hold Conner for now... 
Yea im going to hold until Sunday morning at this point. Not sure about how fast information is released though.

That sounds like someone totally making stuff up.

How do you go from "he tested positive for marijuana" to "he's going to be tested".

And FWIW, guys in the program don't get notified in advance of any drug tests. Basically they call you and say "we'll be there within X minutes to test you".

So this smells like total :bs: to me.

How do you go from "he tested positive for marijuana" to "he's going to be tested".

And FWIW, guys in the program don't get notified in advance of any drug tests. Basically they call you and say "we'll be there within X minutes to test you".

Technically being told we will be there in X minutes IS being told in advance.

His last suspension was announced in July 2016, reduced in August.  The missed tests were in Dec of 2015, January, and April of 2016.  If that is the "normal" timeline, the suspension was announced 3 months after the last failed drug test triggered it, & the suspension was finalized a month later.  Assuming he fails the test the Reddit user is saying he is taking today, maybe 3 months from now when he'd be suspended, plus a month after that for the appeals process? 

I cant imagine a failed test today would take 3 months for action.  Seems silly.  The NFL is the suck though, so who knows.

Still so pathetic the NFL is allowing WEED to make their sport worse both on the field and every day media narrative.

According to the NFL testing procedure that I posted on the previous page:

Notification and Collection Procedures: Specimen collections occurring at a Club facility, stadium or scouting combine venue will be conducted at the discretion of the Medical Advisor and Collection Vendor without advance notice to the Player. Upon notification that he has been selected for testing, the Player shall furnish a specimen to the authorized specimen collector immediately or as soon as possible, but in no event more than three (3) hours following notification.
The Reddit poster specifically said his source mentioned that Bell had been called in to do a test. Therefore, he was notified he was selected and he had 3 hours to complete this test. Sounds pretty standard to me... 

Technically being told we will be there in X minutes IS being told in advance.
The Reddit poster said that Bell was "being called in within 48 hours to take another test."

That's just not how any of it works. A player in Stage 2 has to provide a sample within 3 hours of being contacted. If they are at any of the club  facilities, the sample has to be provided immediately  They provide one sample at that time that is divided into an A and a B sample. The player doesn't necessarily have to go anywhere either as collection agents are often sent to the player's home to collect the sample. 

So:

Collecting a follow-up sample? Wrong

48 hours to provide a sample? Wrong

Being "called in"? Wrong

The whole thing is an obvious lie. Heck, the original Twitter poster had a whopping 32 followers. 

The Reddit poster said that Bell was "being called in within 48 hours to take another test."

That's just not how any of it works. A player in Stage 2 has to provide a sample within 3 hours of being contacted. If they are at any of the club  facilities, the sample has to be provided immediately  They provide one sample at that time that is divided into an A and a B sample. The player doesn't necessarily have to go anywhere either as collection agents are often sent to the player's home to collect the sample. 

So:

Being "called in"? Wrong

The whole thing is an obvious lie. Heck, the original Twitter poster had a whopping 32 followers. 
Fake news as DT would say

According to the NFL testing procedure that I posted on the previous page:

The Reddit poster specifically said his source mentioned that Bell had been called in to do a test. Therefore, he was notified he was selected and he had 3 hours to complete this test. Sounds pretty standard to me... 
No, the Reddit poster specifically said that Bell had 48 hours to provide a sample. He said that twice. That is incorrect.

Also, the Steelers are practicing today, so they wouldn't "call him in". They would notify him at the facility and require that he provide the sample immediately (they have up to 3 hours technically, but would be expected to provide it ASAP unless there were some compelling reason he couldn't).

So:

Being "called in"? Wrong

I don't know where you're getting this information. He clarified in the forums that he was called in for a test. called in... yes... how else do you think they should let him know? If he needs to be there within 3 hours would they e-mail? Text? maybe carrier pigeon? 

I have the Reddit forum open, and I'm looking at the OP's post now, where he clarified his original statement- he corrected the 48 hour statement. So your post above is reacting to a statement that he amended after speaking with his source. Your information is outdated. 

No, the Reddit poster specifically said that Bell had 48 hours to provide a sample. He said that twice. That is incorrect.

Also, the Steelers are practicing today, so they wouldn't "call him in". They would notify him at the facility and require that he provide the sample immediately (they have up to 3 hours technically, but would be expected to provide it ASAP unless there were some compelling reason he couldn't).
I guess we can play word games with the actual term "call in" but the fact remains it's very possible he was asked to come in for a test (come into the bathroom, office, whatever- he doesn't piss on the field). Does that float your boat better? Why is it so hard to believe that an athlete would be asked for a drug test during the season? Sure, it's not news worthy unless he fails, and this original rumor has been corrected for stating the wrong things, but for someone like Bell who has failed in the past, to have another test... he's at a higher risk for failing than someone who has pissed clean in the past every time. 

I don't know where you're getting this information. He clarified in the forums that he was called in for a test. called in... yes... how else do you think they should let him know? If he needs to be there within 3 hours would they e-mail? Text? maybe carrier pigeon? 

I have the Reddit forum open, and I'm looking at the OP's post now, where he clarified his original statement- he corrected the 48 hour statement. So your post above is reacting to a statement that he amended after speaking with his source. Your information is outdated. 

but is getting called in to do so.

Again, that is not how this works when players are in Stage 2 and at the facility. They don't get called in anywhere. A collection dude shows up and immediately collects the sample. Nobody is given advance notice. Nobody is "called in" anywhere. 

This is stupid. The Twitter account was clearly lying. The Reddit guy is clearly lying and making it up as he goes along. None of the stuff being posted makes a bit of sense or is coming from anything remotely close to a legitimate source.

I guess we can play word games with the actual term "call in" but the fact remains it's very possible he was asked to come in for a test (come into the bathroom, office, whatever- he doesn't piss on the field). Does that float your boat better? Why is it so hard to believe that an athlete would be asked for a drug test during the season? Sure, it's not news worthy unless he fails, and this original rumor has been corrected for stating the wrong things, but for someone like Bell who has failed in the past, to have another test... he's at a higher risk for failing than someone who has pissed clean in the past every time. 
They test guys in Stage 2 up to 10 times a month. 10 doesn't typically happen, but multiple tests a month is not uncommon. 

So, sure, he could be tested today, but that's essentially meaningless. He'll probably be tested multiple times this month. The only thing that matters is if it's positive.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone could find it credible to go from "my buddy told me Bell tested positive and has a follow-up test in 48 hours" to "oops, what my buddy ACTUALLY meant was that Bell didn't test positive but was notified that he has to provide one of his routine samples".

The Reddit poster even posts further down stating specifically that Bell tested positive for "sweet ole Mary Jane".

So he states that Bell tested positive for marijuana and is being tested again, and then changes his story to Bell is just being tested the first time? Come on man...

How did he even find a tweet from a nobody with 32 followers? Hint: the reddit poster and the Twitter owner is that same person.

Again, that is not how this works when players are in Stage 2 and at the facility. They don't get called in anywhere. A collection dude shows up and immediately collects the sample. Nobody is given advance notice. Nobody is "called in" anywhere. 

This is stupid. The Twitter account was clearly lying. The Reddit guy is clearly lying and making it up as he goes along. None of the stuff being posted makes a bit of sense or is coming from anything remotely close to a legitimate source.
I can see you're heavily invested in Bell. They have 3 hours to submit a test. You said so yourself. 

Regarding "called in"... so you think the guy shows up and asks Bell to immediately drop his pants? He doesn't get called into the coach's office (equiipment guy walks up to Bell, Hey Leveon, coach wants to see you in his office) or something and asked to go into a bathroom, locker room, etc to submit a test? Wow... NFL is more ridiculous than I thought. 

Brandon Browner talked about being drug tested two times a week for nearly his entire career. I think once you get into the substance abuse testing program, there is no window to make a single mistake. It's entirely possible that Bell thought he could sneak something through, but given that he passed on the best NFL running back contract in the history of the game, I think he probably has the motivation and will power to not do some incredibly stupid s***

Some unverified rando with 32 followers on twitter saying he heard a rumor that Bell failed a piss test should not be taken even remotely seriously.

from reddit...

"Um, he failed his drug test. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw LeVeon smoke out at 31 Flavors last night."

Some unverified rando with 32 followers on twitter saying he heard a rumor that Bell failed a piss test should not be taken even remotely seriously.
This particular one sounds like bunk. That said, getting the jump on rumors like this is huge, and arguably the most valuable function of the shark pool.

Once Schefter tweets it, then everyone knows.

This particular one sounds like bunk. That said, getting the jump on rumors like this is huge, and arguably the most valuable function of the shark pool.

Once Schefter tweets it, then everyone knows.
Sure, but also the truth is that if you have Bell you should probably be cuffing Conner anyway because Bell has been utilized an inordinate amount lately. 41 times last week is madness.

Sure, but also the truth is that if you have Bell you should probably be cuffing Conner anyway because Bell has been utilized an inordinate amount lately. 41 times last week is madness.
The Bell owner in my league has Elliott too. Those are the only Rbs on his roster. Talk about living dangerously.

The Bell owner in my league has Elliott too. Those are the only Rbs on his roster. Talk about living dangerously.
I've got Bell and Zeke in one league. And I have both DMC and A. Morris. I just can't deal with another freakin' handcuff. Jeesh.

how many shows?  :popcorn:
Started in 89 at RFK.  Saw somewhere between 50-60 Grateful Dead/Jerry shows, then somewhere between 15-20 more Furthur, Ratdog, The Dead shows.  Saw the 3 Fare Thee Well shows in Chicago and that re-awoke something beautiful in me.  Have seen Dead and Company 7 times.  Have tix for the DC show in November, and 3 in Mexico in Feb.  Oteil in October, and Phil in November.  Cant really get enough of it right now.  Putting what used to be money spent on watching my crappy sports teams all into the live music, and not looking back.

He has 5 rushing TDs and zero receiving TDs to date. Tons of carries and lots of yards but he needs some multi TD games in the ff playoffs to win championships.

After a hot start, Bell gets hit in the knee and limps off the field. Getting looked at by trainers now.

Wasn't a lateral hit, but it looks like at the very least he might have hyperextended it.

After a hot start, Bell gets hit in the knee and limps off the field. Getting looked at by trainers now.

Wasn't a lateral hit, but it looks like at the very least he might have hyperextended it.
Damn it! Hope he’s ok!

Tex

Hopefully it's not something that gets worse after the fact. Might be something to monitor this week.
Also, the Steelers' only chance to win next week is clock management, so Bell could get a ton of work.

Users who are viewing this thread