Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Eminence

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy?

It sounds like Lacy might be taking his weight loss seriously..

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/25/nfls-eddie-lacy-in-talks-with-p90x-creator-interested-in-training/

Getting called out publicly by McCarthy + contract year = motivated Lacy in 1016. Motivated Lacy + much easier schedule + healthy offense = potential top 5 RB?

...or Lacy will be in the same shape he currently is in April and Ted Thompson will select his replacement in round 3. Don't see much middle ground with this situation.

RBs in their first career year produce abnormally high returns much more often than not - Lacy will probably end up on quite a few of my teams next year.

It sounds like Lacy might be taking his weight loss seriously..

http://www.tmz.com/2016/01/25/nfls-eddie-lacy-in-talks-with-p90x-creator-interested-in-training/

Getting called out publicly by McCarthy + contract year = motivated Lacy in 1016. Motivated Lacy + much easier schedule + healthy offense = potential top 5 RB?

...or Lacy will be in the same shape he currently is in April and Ted Thompson will select his replacement in round 3. Don't see much middle ground with this situation.

Starks is a FA and wants a starting job so it's likely they draft a RB either way.

Packers RB coach: You can tell Eddie Lacy is hungry to get after it

Posted by Josh Alper on February 18, 2016, 3:27 PM EST
GLENDALE, AZ - JANUARY 16:  Running back Eddie Lacy #27 of the Green Bay Packers runs as he is hit by nose tackle Josh Mauro #97 of the Arizona Cardinals in the first half in the NFC Divisional Playoff Game at University of Phoenix Stadium on January 16, 2016 in Glendale, Arizona.  (Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images)Getty Images

Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Thursday that he felt the team’s offense “took a huge step back” during the 2015 season and that wasn’t the first harsh critique he offered since the end of the season.

McCarthy also slammed running back Eddie Lacy’s conditioning, saying that Lacy had a lot of work to do this offseason because he “cannot play at the weight he did this year.” On Thursday, McCarthy said he was confident that Lacy’s conditioning “is improving as we speak” and new running backs coach Ben Sirmans also talked about the desire to get better he’s seen from the running back.

“He seems like a great person,” Sirmans said, via the Green Bay Press-Gazette. “You can tell and get the sense that he’s very hungry this year to really get ready to get after it. I spent a lot of time talking about myself because he has to feel comfortable with me as his head coach, and then from that giving him a chance to talk and telling him a little bit about his background and those things. So it was a pretty good conversation.”

The choice of “hungry” as the word to describe Lacy is an amusing one given the overall situation in Green Bay, but there won’t be too many smiles around the Packers if he can’t get back on track next season. Taking his coach’s suggestion about what to work on in the offseason is a step toward doing that, although this certainly won’t be the last time people check in to see how the effort is progressing.

"Last call for all passengers. Last call for all passengers. The Eddie Lacy Hype Train is about to leave the station."

I guess he can put some weight back on as we get closer to the season, but I'm a little worried that he's too skinny. The guy was a power back.

10 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I guess he can put some weight back on as we get closer to the season, but I'm a little worried that he's too skinny. The guy was a power back.

Off season strength and conditioning program starts soon.  He'll bulk up I'm sure.

• Like 1

Anyone remember the RB who dropped "significant" weight last offseason?  It was Doug Martin.  How was his season?  Just sayin'

It's hard to draw many conclusions from a straight on photo of a guy wearing really baggy clothing.

40 minutes ago, matttyl said:

Anyone remember the RB who dropped "significant" weight last offseason?  It was Doug Martin.  How was his season?  Just sayin'

Anyone remember that other guy who didn't drink?  It was Hitler.  Just sayin'

• Like 1

Owners who own or take a gamble on Lacy will be largely rewarded. In his down year he still averaged 4 yards per carry and looked explosive when he wasn't winded. He will be an unstoppable force this year and I'm glad I own him. Almost gave up on him. Happy I came to my senses.

• Like 2

Just now, georg013 said:

Owners who own or take a gamble on Lacy will be largely rewarded. In his down year he still averaged 4 yards per carry and looked explosive when he wasn't winded. He will be an unstoppable force this year and I'm glad I own him. Almost gave up on him. Happy I came to my senses.

I kept in one league, and "gave up" in another (where I was trying to make a playoff push) and traded him for Forte.

23 minutes ago, georg013 said:

This is exactly my mindset too. I have a great feeling about Eddie this season.

No one is selling him low if they suffered all through last season. If you want to buy him you are going to have pay a price close to bounce back level.

Maybe in redraft he will be at a discount but that seems unlikely with the positive press coming out lately.

• Like 1

By the time most redrafts happen in August he will be talked about as a high first round pick.

The window on acquiring him for dirt cheap in dynasty has passed on Lacy.

[off topic]

I think the other guy on GB who suxor'd last season (Cobb) can still be had cheap. Everyone points to Jordy getting hurt as the reason Cobb failed last season...that it proved Cobb is not a FF WR1. I think it was Cobb's shoulder injury that was the thing. I will not be surprised if he returns to WR1 this season and stays there for the next 5 even after Jordy retires.

[/off topic]

17 minutes ago, Chaka said:

Wrong thread guy.

Correct thread with a foreign key to another thread, SuperGuy.  Double stamped it, no erasies and you can't triple stamp a double stamp, Lloyd

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Buckna said:

No one is selling him low if they suffered all through last season. If you want to buy him you are going to have pay a price close to bounce back level.

Maybe in redraft he will be at a discount but that seems unlikely with the positive press coming out lately.

Agree.  In dynasty, if you didn't sell him off last year, you just weren't going to. You probably came real late to the party to accepting what was going on and, truth be told, it wasn't all Eddie Lacy.  By the stats, people should have sold Rodgers too because his year was a dog year compared upon him self and that in itself is enough to wave the flag of reason.  THe Packers were just "off" last year.  Whatever reason doesn't really matter now and if someone wants to say the weight is a reason (and that's legit) then the counter is now (today) "what weight?" cause its being addressed. 

So if you were late to come around to the idea then you probably are holding because you know his impact.  He basically won people leagues for two straight years with super solid performances down the stretch and when it mattered and with all the injuries last year at the end to RBs, at least he was a body that could be flexed. 

1 hour ago, Touchdown There said:

Correct thread with a foreign key to another thread, SuperGuy.  Double stamped it, no erasies and you can't triple stamp a double stamp, Lloyd

This is still the wrong thread, guy.  Happy to take the conversation over there but let's keep it out of here.

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Eddie Lacy has undergone a "remarkable" physical transformation this offseason.

What Breer considers "remarkable" is Lacy's "redistribution of weight" from his midsection to his shoulders and arms. "I know the people around Eddie Lacy really feel like the Packers are going to be happy with what they see when Lacy reports for the offseason program next week," Breer said. It jibes with what everyone has been saying this offseason, including coach Mike McCarthy. Lacy appears to have gotten the message after his sluggish 2015.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

NFL.com's Albert Breer reports Eddie Lacy has undergone a "remarkable" physical transformation this offseason.

What Breer considers "remarkable" is Lacy's "redistribution of weight" from his midsection to his shoulders and arms. "I know the people around Eddie Lacy really feel like the Packers are going to be happy with what they see when Lacy reports for the offseason program next week," Breer said. It jibes with what everyone has been saying this offseason, including coach Mike McCarthy. Lacy appears to have gotten the message after his sluggish 2015.

SO now we get to see "PHAT" Eddie Lacy.  Choo choo mother f##$ers

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shutout said:

SO now we get to see "PHAT" Eddie Lacy.  Choo choo mother f##$ers

In for a huge bounceback season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Lacy played last year in the 260s. Still reportedly in the 240s but in much better shape. Packers want him in the low 230s so he's still got some work to do.

10 pounds over the next 2 months doesn't seem too tough

23 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

Well if it took him 4 months to lose 15 lbs, then 10 lbs in 2 months looks harder.

My thought is that he probably turned a lot of that fat into muscle.  The team probably doesn't want him to lose strength, so playing a bit heavier is probably going to be acceptable if it's muscle instead of flab.

2 minutes ago, steelers1080 said:

Well if it took him 4 months to lose 15 lbs, then 10 lbs in 2 months looks harder.

My thought is that he probably turned a lot of that fat into muscle.  The team probably doesn't want him to lose strength, so playing a bit heavier is probably going to be acceptable if it's muscle instead of flab.

Good point! Though, I think he could be fine at 240. He's a bruiser of a RB, so I don't think you want him to lose any of that power. Anything has to be better than what he was playing at least season.

I have him in a keeper league and he'll cost me a late 2nd this year to keep. With many of the top guys being kept, it's a no-brainer for me to keep him this year.

Whether it's right or wrong or means nothing at all, this is going to be a fun one to watch in the pre-season because I can definitely see the scenarios where if he comes out and flat out looks lights out in a pre-season game, we will have 100 pages of how he's going to crush the world and he's faster and all that.  And if he comes out and has a poor ypc, people are going to say he isn't strong like he was and he's done.  Always fun to watch the extreme stories that appear to have no middle.

But I don't care, I've always liked Eddie and he's won me a lot of games/titles/money across leagues since he's been in the league. Even last year when everyone was roasting him, he was able to hold his own in fantasy world seemingly just when I needed it the most (with all the injuries last year, even a 14 point game was a big benefit sometimes). 

8 hours ago, MattFancy said:

Has 260 been confirmed? Haven't seen anything but guesses, but he was 231 at the combine, they think he's in the 240's now.

Saw him in his rookie year and he looked like a guard, but looked good once the season started.

8 hours ago, MattFancy said:

Good point! Though, I think he could be fine at 240. He's a bruiser of a RB, so I don't think you want him to lose any of that power. Anything has to be better than what he was playing at least season.

I have him in a keeper league and he'll cost me a late 2nd this year to keep. With many of the top guys being kept, it's a no-brainer for me to keep him this year.

Weight loss wasn't their routine, stamina was one of the goals and that should help. 

I'm optimistic. Starks will always be a threat that puts a cap on his upside, but I put more stock in the two years where he was OROY in 2013 and despite the slow start in 2014, netted 1,140 yards and 9 TDs.

The weight issues, the ineffective and injury-riddled 2015 season happened -- it;s a risk. But I think Lacy is obviously doing what he can to right the ship, which I see as only positive. Hope more news about Packers wanting him to be lighter, etc. keep people shying away from Lacy, as I just have the feeling he is going to outproduce his ADP this year. His role, his opportunity, and his ability are still there.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I'm optimistic. Starks will always be a threat that puts a cap on his upside, but I put more stock in the two years where he was OROY in 2013 and despite the slow start in 2014, netted 1,140 yards and 9 TDs.

The weight issues, the ineffective and injury-riddled 2015 season happened -- it;s a risk. But I think Lacy is obviously doing what he can to right the ship, which I see as only positive. Hope more news about Packers wanting him to be lighter, etc. keep people shying away from Lacy, as I just have the feeling he is going to outproduce his ADP this year. His role, his opportunity, and his ability are still there.

I agree. The issue has been identified. All the information coming from it seems to be indicating it is being handled in a positive way.  The talent and ability is known. The dynamics of the running back group haven't changed a bit except Starks is now a little older in a position where that matters at some point close to the age he is. So its not like we are even sitting here saying "yeah, but they did just draft so and so in the 2nd and that could be a threat." 

It truly is what it is at this point and I will even go a step further and say that Lacy will be undervalued even more because people might be overlooking some other things and putting TOO much into the weight issue. People should remember that it wasn't JUST Lacy who had an off year last year. By his standards, Rodgers was horrible last year. So it stands to reason that if people can give benefit of the doubt that Rodgers play (and CObb and Adams and...) was something that is not expected to continue then it should be reasonable that an improved performance from the QB and the WRs and the o-line would stand to benefit Lacy also. In general, I think Lacy caught the brunt of the blame that was truly shared.

• Like 1