What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (2 Viewers)

I have gotten some interest for him now that some teams are looking to next year since they won't make playoffs. I still think he has some ability and if he goes to a team that will actually give him the ball 15+ times and more redzone looks he will atleast be a RB2 again. Currently have an offer out of Lacy and my 2018 first for demarco Murray as that would greatly improve my chances of winning this year but the guy said he doesn't really like having to wait till 2018 for the pick. Another one asked and I told him a early 2017 second would maybe get it done. Is that about his value or should I really just take anything I can get

I messed up my deltoid and widened the bone on my ankle, so I had to get two screws, two wires and a plate to fix it because I messed up my deltoid ligament,” Lacy said. “That’s the longest thing to heal.”
FWIW this is a fairly significant injury but a pretty basic surgery with a long healing process. He should be good to go. I don't anticipate him being unable to perform well as a result, however you have to take his long rehab into consideration:
Is he overweight because of inactivity? Is he in shape physically? Has he lost a step? 

I think this makes the most sense, him coming back to GB, because he should be fairly cheap on a "prove it deal" and it temporarily fixes a big issue for GB, leaving them less of a need to take a RB in the first 2 picks of the draft. 

Ugly avoid situation for me. I would not invest much in any of them in dynasty and in redraft if I took one would probably be the one that's left hanging in the double digit/teen rounds.

I'd keep Prosise as is, Rawls is severely downgraded. Prosise could still be a big factor depending on Lacy's weight. When Lacy completely ate himself out of the GB backfield 2 seasons ago Starks had some pretty big fantasy value. 
How does CJ Prosise not lose any value at all with Lacy entering the equation ?  

Seattle had the absolute worst run blocking line that I watched last year.

Don't count out Rawls by any measure if they can get that line fixed. Same with Prosise and his change-of-pace role in that offense.  A 1-year deal isnt much of a worry for either.

Lacy, still, needs to get in shape if he wants to be a atop any depth chart.

Bob McGinnVerified account @BobMcGinn

RB Eddie Lacy visited Sea (his new team), Minn and GB in the last wk. For one of the three teams Lacy weighed 267. Listed last year at 234.

9:57 AM - 14 Mar 2017
If true, then why are people expecting this year to be different than last year for Lacy?  It was a one year deal both times.  How is he now going to resurrect his career, in a new city, with a much better depth chart at the position?

I think this was a mistake by Seattle. Lacy hasn't looked like a good player to me for years now, and he doesn't seem to take his weight too seriously. As a dynasty player I'm hoping they draft a pretty good RB and that the crowded backfield keeps him under the radar 

As an aside, there's good profit to be made in fading FAs in dynasty.  Just make sure you sell before the signing period starts.

You sure turned on him fast....!
I was hoping we could get him back cheap. That was before I knew his weigh in was that of an OL. 265ish is ridiculous. 

How does CJ Prosise not lose any value at all with Lacy entering the equation ?  
See above. Lacy is high risk for:
1. Not performing well due to weight
2. Getting injured due to weight
3. Putting on more weight (reports were he gained weight during the season last year); thus increasing the chances of 1 and 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this was a mistake by Seattle. Lacy hasn't looked like a good player to me for years now, and he doesn't seem to take his weight too seriously. As a dynasty player I'm hoping they draft a pretty good RB and that the crowded backfield keeps him under the radar 
Lacy was on pace for a career year last year... the only thing missing was TDs, which no RB was getting TDs in GB's system

Lacy was on pace for a career year last year... the only thing missing was TDs, which no RB was getting TDs in GB's system
He did better than I thought but still it was a pretty small sample size with 71 carries. I guess I'm just not a believer in him. 

He did better than I thought but still it was a pretty small sample size with 71 carries. I guess I'm just not a believer in him. 
Watching him play last year I was surprised by his stats to be honest. I was a fan of his when he was drafted, then he found his deep love of food and that really put me back and forth, mostly negative on him. I mentioned this today before this signing in the GB thread that I was on the "I'd be happy if we signed him" side (today at least), but that was before I knew of his weigh in. He really has one job to do- don't get fat. He can't do it. He has proven time and time again. 

He was on pace for a career best last year, but he had dropped some weight (240). Add almost 30 pounds to that... that's insane. The only thing working for him is he's so big he might be hard to tackle. I think Seattle got somewhat of a deal (I didn't realize only 3 mil was guaranteed). I think Prosise is a great buy right now because most owners are panicking likely. Lacy very possibly won't be the starting RB by the end of the season (or even the start if he can't slim down even a little)

Makes me feel good about the weight I've put back on since this summer. 8 pounds is nothing compared to Lacy's 30... How does one even do that? You have to try to gain that much weight

See above. Lacy is high risk for:
1. Not performing well due to weight
2. Getting injured due to weight
3. Putting on more weight (reports were he gained weight during the season last year); thus increasing the chances of 1 and 2
You fail to point out there is now a 3 headed monster in Seattle, which will detract from CJ Prosise touches.

Couple this with his brittle injury history, and he is definitely devalued from this Lacy signing. 

You fail to point out there is now a 3 headed monster in Seattle, which will detract from CJ Prosise touches.

Couple this with his brittle injury history, and he is definitely devalued from this Lacy signing. 
See, I just don't think Lacy will even last. When he was playing second fiddle to Starks 2 seasons ago Starks was startable in fantasy. I think the same situation will play out in Seattle. Yeah, if healthy Lacy will eat into Prosise's carries. I just don't see that happening

At 267 pounds I would’t be shocked if he didn’t even make the team
Exactly but 3 mil is guaranteed. If it was 1.5 I could see cutting him as a possibility but I just don't know if that'll happen for 3 mil

GB-watchers, how is Lacy as a blocker? I don't know much one way or the other on the topic.

Seattle's biggest asset on offense is Wilson. For the past two years, the offense has evolved to emphasize the QB (as opposed to the ground-n-pound of years prior) and Lacy has a history with a talented rushing QB in Rodgers. If the o-line isn't considerably shored up, it may not be a stretch to believe Carroll likes the idea of a big-boy RB who can stay in and block as necessary.

I doubt they sold Lacy on this aspect of his role in the offense, but if he's a good blocker, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Just a thought.

All you guys bashing Lacy must be mad you missed out. i dont have him either but its obvious they are bringing him in to be a bell cow. With other offers out there and the fact it's a one year contarct should be great motivation.

His career YPC is fantastic and last year his overweight butt looked great avg. 5.0 ypc.

I suspect they want to bring back the hard ground and pound and Lacy fits the Lynch mold perfectly.

I suspect much like Lynch did when leaving Buffalo Lacy will find great success with Seahawks. They have a great Formula with their running game and I believe it fits Lacy's running style perfectly. I believe he will have a very good year wityh the Hawks.

As for Rawls he was an undrafted RB that had a good year, but looked horrible last season. CJ will most likely be the third down back.

GB-watchers, how is Lacy as a blocker? I don't know much one way or the other on the topic.

Seattle's biggest asset on offense is Wilson. For the past two years, the offense has evolved to emphasize the QB (as opposed to the ground-n-pound of years prior) and Lacy has a history with a talented rushing QB in Rodgers. If the o-line isn't considerably shored up, it may not be a stretch to believe Carroll likes the idea of a big-boy RB who can stay in and block as necessary.

I doubt they sold Lacy on this aspect of his role in the offense, but if he's a good blocker, it wouldn't be a surprise.

Just a thought.
Pretty good, but he came out a lot on passing downs for Starks. I recall one or two bocks where he just blew the guy up.

I wasn't nervous when he was in on a passing play nor was I wondering why he wasn't in there on a passing play

I cannot comment on his pass blocking abilities as an offensive lineman lining up as a RB

All you guys bashing Lacy must be mad you missed out. i dont have him either but its obvious they are bringing him in to be a bell cow. With other offers out there and the fact it's a one year contarct should be great motivation.

His career YPC is fantastic and last year his overweight butt looked great avg. 5.0 ypc.

I suspect they want to bring back the hard ground and pound and Lacy fits the Lynch mold perfectly.

I suspect much like Lynch did when leaving Buffalo Lacy will find great success with Seahawks. They have a great Formula with their running game and I believe it fits Lacy's running style perfectly. I believe he will have a very good year wityh the Hawks.

As for Rawls he was an undrafted RB that had a good year, but looked horrible last season. CJ will most likely be the third down back.
I would be sour grapes if he weighed 245 or less. At the weight he is, he is a huge risk and I am very happy he did not get resigned by GB. It was a HUGE headache when he was 250 2 seasons ago. I can't imagine another 15 pounds... 

He did not average 5.0 YPC at 267 pounds. He averaged that weighing 30 pounds less than he does now. 

You're going to hope for the best as a homer, I get that. We can talk in October when you're frustrated with his weight. 

I thought Rawls looked pretty good last year.  Especially in the playoff game against Detroit.  They may be modeling themselves after the Chiefs or Patriots with their mix of RBs with different skill sets.  Jamaal Charles is still scheduled to visit too.  Turning into a mess in Seattle.  I'd hold all players until preseason clears things up.

See, I just don't think Lacy will even last. When he was playing second fiddle to Starks 2 seasons ago Starks was startable in fantasy. I think the same situation will play out in Seattle. Yeah, if healthy Lacy will eat into Prosise's carries. I just don't see that happening

Exactly but 3 mil is guaranteed. If it was 1.5 I could see cutting him as a possibility but I just don't know if that'll happen for 3 mil
Prosise is now a talented, yet injury prone 3rd down back 

Prosise is now a talented, yet injury prone 3rd down back 
So 1 injury in 1 season is enough to be called injury prone? He sprained his shoulder. A severe shoulder spain is better known as a shoulder separation, depending on the severity. It's quite debilitating. Can't lift your arm above your head.

If he gets injured this year, then sure we can label him injury prone. 

If that's all it takes then what in the world do you call Lacy? 2 Concussions and 2 ankle injuries? 

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/injury-predictor/player/26684#

Users who are viewing this thread