What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone not like Eddie Lacy? (3 Viewers)

Lacy rushed five times for three yards in the Seahawks' Week 1 loss to the Packers.

The obvious caveat is that Mike Daniels and the Packers' front seven was caving in the Seahawks' offensive line nearly every play, but it wasn't a problem for seventh-rounder Chris Carson, who generated 39 yards on his six carries. Lacy got the "start," but was quickly rotating with the rookie back. Lacy looked like the same back he was this summer, running in molasses like a player who has suffered one too many ankle injuries. It's hard to see the upside in Lacy's immediate fantasy future, especially if Thomas Rawls returns next week against the Falcons. Players need to do better for Week 2.

Easy drop
What happened today is my fear for a common occurrence this year for Lacy.  He might have a multiple-td game sprinkled in, but I am not the one to predict when that might happen.  Minus tds and minus an injury to much of the rest of the rb corp, I just don't see him being startable.  He might round (in the good sense) into form as the season goes on.  But even if he does, without injury to Rawls/Carson, it is still likely that he will be bogged in a committed where he does not get the majority of the touches.  And it might be nearing 50/50 (after today's game) that he is as close to being a casualty as a savior in Seattle.

To me that makes Lacy a lottery pick at this point.  Famous but a lottery pick.  A rather heavy, slow moving, (perhaps) less than motivated lottery pick.  I purchased my lottery ticket elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lacy looked every bit as hesitant, tip-toeing, easy to tackle, bad vision, bad decision making, lack of power and indecisive of a runner as he looked at his worst in GB.

what we saw today is how a RB loses their job to James Starks, or in this case, anyone on the Seahawks roster, possibly including the equipment manager's assistant. 

That one busted play when instead of just manning up and plunging forward for anything he could get, (and it likely woulda been a 1-yard loss, not entirely his fault), he inexplicably tried to "bounced it around to the outside where he was of course met by 3 tacklers and taken down for a 4 yard loss.

in those moments, Eddie Lacy see himself as a much smaller, faster & more agile back. Watching him play, it's like he's having an existential identity crisis. 

Deamon said:
Thank you.
To be fair, you could say this about a lot of big name players this week.  

If you own Russell Wilson, David Johnson, leveon bell, Hilton, Jordan Reed, and Julio jones, you got exactly zero touchdowns this weekend.  That looks crazy but the defenses were just so far ahead of offenses this weekend and the league was littered with star players that did nothing.  

Guess I'm saying it's one game.  I would not close the book just yet unless you're willing g to apply the logic to all the guys I mentioned above.   Things happen. 

He will be droppable when Rawls is back.
FF he seems already droppable.

if you mean by Seattle...maybe so.

is there any reason they would want to play him over Carson, Prosise and Rawls (when he is healthy...which is obviously the big question mark)?

I could see him being a healthy inactive when Rawls is back with those 3 ahead of him.

FF he seems already droppable.

if you mean by Seattle...maybe so.

is there any reason they would want to play him over Carson, Prosise and Rawls (when he is healthy...which is obviously the big question mark)?

I could see him being a healthy inactive when Rawls is back with those 3 ahead of him.
Carson looked really, really good out there. Passed the eye test, good burst, no hesitation hit the hole hard, tough runner hard to bring down. 

IMO, he's the pony to bet on in this race. 

Lacy is already being led to the glue factory. He went willingly - they told him they were taking him to a place with lots of China food. 

Changed my mind.  I am dropping Lacy for either Cohen or Carson.  I have number 2 priority so I will get one of them.  See ya fat eddy

I understand Lacy will probably bounce around the league for another 2 years as a 3rd stringer or stop gap, but he is done and out of the league. Can safely drop him from all formats of fantasy even if you have a 30 man rosters.

steelers1080 said:
Is Lacy a cut in dynasty? I've offered him in several trades for scraps and got 0 takers.
The moment Seattle cuts him.....so will I. 

I own this turd in dynasty. But to be fair....he helped me win a title and second place finish (2014, 2013). Seems so long ago.

steelers1080 said:
Is Lacy a cut in dynasty? I've offered him in several trades for scraps and got 0 takers.
Unless your in a really deep league yes. I dropped him in my 12 team league with 21 roster spots after week 1 and no one has added him yet

So much for 12+ TDs that Shutout predicted

Dropped him a week ago in my 12 team short bench league for Cohen. He's still there. Will be there. Guy is a bum. Always will be

Loved the guy in GB and liked what I saw last year before injury but he's a bad fit with this O-line. He's a plow with quick feet, a bruiser first and a dancer second. I can't really speak much about Carson but he obviously must have more shiftiness to his game because that is what is required when your offensive line is such hot garbage. Not saying Lacy is better than Carson but Lacy is better than what he has shown here. Toughest RB in the league can't get yards when he's contacted behind the LOS and Lacy's game is "hit first" more than anything. I won't cut him in dynasty just yet but I cut him mid game of week 1 in redraft and already had Carson on the roster.

So much for 12+ TDs that Shutout predicted

Dropped him a week ago in my 12 team short bench league for Cohen. He's still there. Will be there. Guy is a bum. Always will be

So what does that say about you as an owner who drafted him? :lol:

And I didn't realize 2 weeks in is enough to start calling people out for their season long predictions for a player.

So what does that say about you as an owner who drafted him? :lol:

And I didn't realize 2 weeks in is enough to start calling people out for their season long predictions for a player.
I suppose he could score over 12 TDs, but he better start now... he's got 14 games left. I could wait, when would you suggest? 

I drafted him round 9 as my RB4, as a long shot. My alternatives were Jeremy Hill, Perine, Matt Forte, Kamara. I did not like Kamara at the time but he looks much better now. I was able to drop Lacy for Cohen so in my mind it's a huge win. Had I had a different RB like Perine or Kamara I would not feel as good dropping them for a guy like Cohen but Lacy looked awful week 1, I didn't hesitate. 

We have short bench leagues, only 5 bench spots, and I did a great job drafting where my bench WRs are looking like pretty good picks, so I can't drop them like I could in years past. 

So blowing a 9th round pick on a guy like Lacy doesn't bother me too much.. .was a throw away pick. He had potential to be decent but in real game play he has looked slow and stuck in the ground. Easy decision for me. If he turns around and has 12+ TDs then so be it, but I can't wait around for him. 

I suppose he could score over 12 TDs, but he better start now... he's got 14 games left. I could wait, when would you suggest? 

I drafted him round 9 as my RB4, as a long shot. My alternatives were Jeremy Hill, Perine, Matt Forte, Kamara. I did not like Kamara at the time but he looks much better now. I was able to drop Lacy for Cohen so in my mind it's a huge win. Had I had a different RB like Perine or Kamara I would not feel as good dropping them for a guy like Cohen but Lacy looked awful week 1, I didn't hesitate. 

We have short bench leagues, only 5 bench spots, and I did a great job drafting where my bench WRs are looking like pretty good picks, so I can't drop them like I could in years past. 

So blowing a 9th round pick on a guy like Lacy doesn't bother me too much.. .was a throw away pick. He had potential to be decent but in real game play he has looked slow and stuck in the ground. Easy decision for me. If he turns around and has 12+ TDs then so be it, but I can't wait around for him. 
Wow :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread