timschochet

The North Korea Thread: Trump has completely blown this

5,317 posts in this topic

China is downwind from North Korea. The smog is bad enough.

Heard a DPRK official was executed in Pyongyang Square the other day for picking up the phone and disconnecting Kim Jong-un while he was reading NBA.com.

Sorry, can't find a link at the moment.

That's funny because that means the Great Leader uses dial-up.

1 person likes this

Pretty sure the unannounced attack will take place sometime after North Korea receives an email back from South Korea saying they have read the fax and have acknowledged it by signing it and returning it.

Heard NK also faxed Dumervil's contract to the Broncos.

I have to think that NK hates seeing the world laugh at every thing they do. For months they sit around in a room trying to figure out how to scare the world into thinking they are a threat:

"Well. How did the fax go over? Is the world scared?"

"No. No, in fact, they are laughing at us. Almost as much as they laughed when we came out with the biggest military hats ever created."

"They're huge! How can the world not be scared of that?!?"

"I don't know, but they aren't. They think it's a joke."

"I think it's time we launched another rocket into the sea to show them we mean business!"

"Agreed! Does anyone remember who has the keys to the system?"

:confused:

"I believe it was your uncle."

:mellow:

"Damnit! Fire up the telegraph machine! This time the world will know our fury!!!!!" :hot:

2 people like this

Pretty sure the unannounced attack will take place sometime after North Korea receives an email back from South Korea saying they have read the fax and have acknowledged it by signing it and returning it.

They might want to have it notarized first.

"Sorry, NK, that last one didn't come through clear enough to read. Could you maybe lighten it and resend?"

I wonder what the fax cover page looks like. Does it have a number to call if there's a transmission problem?

at some point you have to start wondering if it's all shtick on their behalf...

at some point you have to start wondering if it's all shtick on their behalf...

Wonderful fax shtick if so.

Loved the quote:

Dennis Rodman, the flamboyant former NBA star — whose own best years coincided with those of the fax machine

Well played, NBC.

1 person likes this

Always the same every year before we start our exercises with S. Korea...

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2014/01/16/north-korea-warns-south-us-over-drills/

"The North said the announcement of the this year's drills "is little short of the declaration of a total nuclear stand-off," adding the exercises will cause the North-South ties to plunge into an "unimaginable holocaust and that disaster will follow should they go ahead with the nuclear war drills and make military provocation, defying our warning," according to UPI."

"The North said the announcement of the this year's drills "is little short of the declaration of a total nuclear stand-off," adding the exercises will cause the North-South ties to plunge into an "unimaginable holocaust and that disaster will follow should they go ahead with the nuclear war drills and make military provocation, defying our warning," according to UPI."

I say we bomb them to kingdom come. Enough of these bullies.

It's pretty :lmao: when you picture that little guy saying it.

PBS Frontline was pretty good this week.

It's pretty :lmao: when you picture that little guy saying it.

Bet he makes a good bowl of rice, jus sayin.... :mellow:

1 person likes this

It's like these Kim Jong guys have one of those Boggle games but instead of letters, it's just a bunch of random threatening words. Need a press release? Shake her up and see what sentences you can make out of it.

We had em in 51. I don't know if it was MArtur or Truman but we really shot the pooch on this one.

We had em in 51. I don't know if it was MArtur or Truman but we really shot the pooch on this one.

Well, the involvement of a little country called China may have played a role.

Well, the involvement of a little country called China may have played a role.

True - when we went past the Yalu. Can't say as I blame them (ie China); that may have been McArthur.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

North Korea seems just as big a threat to national security as anything else, Russia or Islamic extremism included.

They actually have weapons of mass destruction and seem crazy enough to use them, but nobody really talks about it except to report their newest tests or missile firings and wag their fingers.

We know Trump admires Kim Jong Un as a "strong leader" but I'd like to see Hillary speak on this matter. Or anybody besides Trump really.

6 hours ago, bananafish said:

North Korea seems just as big a threat to national security as anything else, Russia or Islamic extremism included.

They actually have weapons of mass destruction and seem crazy enough to use them, but nobody really talks about it except to report their newest tests or missile firings and wag their fingers.

We know Trump admires Kim Jong Un as a "strong leader" but I'd like to see Hillary speak on this matter. Or anybody besides Trump really.

Obviously I've never been to North Korea but Un has to know that if he uses a bomb on any city that America and others will go in swiftly and take him and his regime out, right? He has to know that. So, I take these "threats" as something he can use to keep manipulating his own people to believing whatever the North Korean government tells them. He has to know that he is done if he bombs any foreign nation. He must be a fan of 1984 and/or V for Vendetta. 

When is enough enough?

The way it is laid out is that China protects North Korea...if you are in bed with these guys then you are these guys, cut China off from the UN. I'm tired of people acting like we can't take this MoFo out. 5 times...they think they are actually a World Super Power because he has a couple nukes. 

Dangerous situation. What happens when one of these things blows up and actually hurts a lot of people, even the folks within his country. One of the few places in the World where you just weep for the people who live there. I know there are lots of bad places but this one to me is the worst, to be able to brainwash everyone like that generation after generation.

Until someone actually assassinates him, nothing is going to change. 

Edited by Ministry of Pain

So North Korea said they are closing to developing an ICBM.

Trump's response - 

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump

North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!

--

Anyone know how Trump plans to stop this? Negotiations? Sanctions? War?

33 minutes ago, whoknew said:

So North Korea said they are closing to developing an ICBM.

Trump's response - 

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump

North Korea just stated that it is in the final stages of developing a nuclear weapon capable of reaching parts of the U.S. It won't happen!

--

Anyone know how Trump plans to stop this? Negotiations? Sanctions? War?

Pretty sure he is openly mocking them - whatever they attempt with their ICBM missile will not work

1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

Pretty sure he is openly mocking them - whatever they attempt with their ICBM missile will not work

Why do you say that? You don't think the North Koreans can build an ICBM?

5 minutes ago, whoknew said:

Why do you say that? You don't think the North Koreans can build an ICBM?

I am pretty sure most of their medium range missiles have failed - I personally don't think they are getting a long-range missile - capable of carrying a nuclear weapon - will work.

But the question is what was Trump thinking - and I am assuming he is mocking their ability to get it done. :shrug:

ETA - past failed attempts

Edited by Sinn Fein

19 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

I am pretty sure most of their medium range missiles have failed - I personally don't think they are getting a long-range missile - capable of carrying a nuclear weapon - will work.

But the question is what was Trump thinking - and I am assuming he is mocking their ability to get it done. :shrug:

I'm assuming he has no idea about their past failures and was just talking like a wannabe tough guy. Again. 

Kim Jong Un's half brother murdered in Malaysia.  

The estranged half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un has been murdered in Malaysia, a South Korean government source said on Tuesday.

Kim Jong Nam, the older half brother of the North Korean leader, was known to spend a significant amount of his time outside the country and had spoken out publicly against his family's dynastic control of the isolated state.

He was confirmed dead by Malaysian police, and was believed to be in his mid-40s.

Police official Fadzil Ahmat said that the cause of Kim's death had not been determined yet, but that a post mortem would be carried out on the body.

"So far there are no suspects, but we have started investigations and are looking at a few possibilities to get leads," Fadzil told Reuters.

According to Fadzil, Kim had been planning to travel to Macau on Monday when he fell ill at the low-cost terminal of Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

"The deceased ... felt like someone grabbed or held his face from behind," Fadzil said. "He felt dizzy, so he asked for help at the ... counter of KLIA."

Kim was taken to an airport clinic where he still felt unwell, and it was decided to take him to hospital. He died in the ambulance on the way to Putrajaya Hospital, Fadzil added.

South Korea's TV Chosun, a cable television network, reported that Kim had been poisoned with a needle by two women believed to be North Korean operatives who fled in a taxi and were at large, citing multiple South Korean government sources.

Reuters could not confirm those details.

The South Korean government source who spoke to Reuters did not immediately provide further details.

South Korea's foreign ministry said it could not confirm the reports, and the country's intelligence agency could not immediately be reached for comment.

"We don't know if there was a cloth or needles; the receptionist said someone grabbed his face, he felt dizzy," police official Fadzil said, when asked about the nature of the reported attack.

Malaysia is one of a dwindling number of countries that has close relations with North Korea, which is under tightening global sanctions over its nuclear tests and ballistic missile launches, the latest of which took place on Sunday.

Malaysians and North Koreans can visit each other's country without visas.

A phone call to the North Korean embassy in Kuala Lumpur late on Tuesday went straight to answering machine.

SECRETIVE FAMILY

Kim Jong Nam and Kim Jong Un are both sons of former North Korean leader Kim Jong Il, who died in late 2011, but they had different mothers.

Kim Jong Nam did not attend his father's funeral.

The portly and easygoing Kim Jong Nam was believed to be close to his uncle, Jang Song Thaek, who was North Korea's second most powerful man before being executed on Kim Jong Un's orders in 2013.

In an embarrassing 2001 incident, Kim Jong Nam was caught at an airport in Japan traveling on a forged Dominican Republic passport, saying he had wanted to visit Tokyo Disneyland. He was known to travel to Hong Kong, Macau and mainland China.

Koh Yu-hwan, a professor at Dongguk University in Seoul, said that Kim Jong Nam had occasionally been the subject of speculation that he could replace his younger half-brother, the country's third-generation leader.

"Loyalists may have wanted to get rid of him," he said.

Kim Jong Nam said several times over the years that he had no interest in leading his country.

"Personally I am against third-generation succession," he told Japan's Asahi TV in 2010.

"I hope my younger brother will do his best for the sake of North Koreans' prosperous lives."

His cousin, Lee Han-young, who defected to South Korea through Switzerland in 1982, was shot and killed by North Korean agents in Seoul in 1997, according to South Korea.

Kim Jong Nam's mother was an actress named Song Hye Rim.

"My father was keeping highly secret the fact that he was living with my mother who was married, a famous movie actress, so I couldn’t get out of the house or make friends," Kim Jong Nam was quoted as saying in a 2012 book by a Japanese journalist.

"That solitude from childhood may have made me what I am now, preferring freedom."

(Reporting by Ju-min Park and Se Young Lee in SEOUL and Joseph Sipalan And Emily Chow in KUALA LUMPUR; Writing by Tony Munroe; Editing by Robert Birsel and Mike Collett-White)

I dont follow this stuff too much. I wasnt aware N. Korea wanted him dead. 

2 hours ago, Don Quixote said:

His cousin, Lee Han-young, who defected to South Korea through Switzerland in 1982, was shot and killed by North Korean agents in Seoul in 1997, according to South Korea.

Nice family you got there.

Kim Jong-nam seemed like a 'normal' person. Maybe I'm wrong.

There is still a sister who is close by KJU's side. She also seemed normal once, left the normal world and now is considered a power behind the throne IIRC.

2 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

I dont follow this stuff too much. I wasnt aware N. Korea wanted him dead. 

I'm guessing Nam didn't either.