Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Concept Coop

Jordan Reed - TE - SF

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

but then again:

 

For me, Reed is not one of those "if he's active, he's in my line-up" guys at this point. He needs to get back on the field, get through a game and play like Jordan Reed before I slot him in...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My gut says he doesn't play this week. In all reality why would the Redskins want him to play this week. I know Vernon Davis isn't the talent that Reed is but he's been filling in more than adequately and the Redskins have a bye week 9 which would give Reed another week of rest to fully and completely recover from his concussion. All games by the Redskins to hopefully get Cincinnati to game plan for Reed possibly coming back this week. We've seen teams play this game before with many players and then they end up not playing and we're probably not going to play in the first place.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, conlilnew said:

My gut says he doesn't play this week. In all reality why would the Redskins want him to play this week. I know Vernon Davis isn't the talent that Reed is but he's been filling in more than adequately and the Redskins have a bye week 9 which would give Reed another week of rest to fully and completely recover from his concussion. All games by the Redskins to hopefully get Cincinnati to game plan for Reed possibly coming back this week. We've seen teams play this game before with many players and then they end up not playing and we're probably not going to play in the first place.  

Because going into the bye at 5-3 sounds much better than going into the bye at 4-4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he's checked out by a neurologist and cleared, what's the benefit of holding him out?

If he's cleared he's cleared.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, habsfan said:

For me, Reed is not one of those "if he's active, he's in my line-up" guys at this point. He needs to get back on the field, get through a game and play like Jordan Reed before I slot him in...

There is no such thing as limited with concussion. This is not a soft tissue injury, you are either cleared and full go or you don't play. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, habsfan said:

For me, Reed is not one of those "if he's active, he's in my line-up" guys at this point. He needs to get back on the field, get through a game and play like Jordan Reed before I slot him in...

When active, Reed plays like Reed. It's rare for him to be active and not have an impact.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dgreen said:

When active, Reed plays like Reed. It's rare for him to be active and not have an impact.

Latest rotoworld blurb says that "Reed expects to play."

If he's cleared I don't see any reason not to start him. I'm not a concussion expert, but I assume that unlike a knee injury or something, you aren't "eased in" after a concussion. Your head is either cleared or it isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 more hit and he's out for weeks more if not season if not career

With as many as he's had ... has anyone continued a career with as many as he's had as severe as they've been ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dgreen said:

When active, Reed plays like Reed. It's rare for him to be active and not have an impact.

Reed had a long history of being active and playing one quarter or so. I've owned him forever and regretted it until last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cjv123 said:

Reed had a long history of being active and playing one quarter or so. I've owned him forever and regretted it until last year.

Would like to see the data on this.

If this was all the case, why was Bloom recommending him on the 2/3 turn?

As an aside, Reed is saying he's packing his bags as if he's going to be cleared and heading to London.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Practiced again today. Said he feels "100% normal."

Still no word on official clear and if he's on the plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both Norman and Reed cleared to travel with the team per Gruden.

Who is starting? 

Who is playing it safe?

Have him in two leagues and alternatives are Fleener or C. Fiedorwicz. Leaning Reed for both. This is why I drafted him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kyoun1e said:

 

Who is starting? 

 

The only TE's I like more than him this week for sure are Olsen, Gronk and Graham with Barnridge close..

 

So I"m starting him and with the 100% confidence I would of a top 5 ranked TE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting Reed for sure if he plays. Good thing is we'll know early if he isn't or not. But I think he plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Both Norman and Reed cleared to travel with the team per Gruden.

Gruden also cautioned that they haven't been cleared to play yet per rotoworld 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MattFancy said:

Starting Reed for sure if he plays. Good thing is we'll know early if he isn't or not. But I think he plays.

I kind of think we already know, he'd have had to visited the independent doc before he gets on the flight and I can't see him getting on that flight if he's did not get cleared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cowboysfan8 said:

Gruden also cautioned that they haven't been cleared to play yet per rotoworld 

Well so much for me previous post. Thanks, for real.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Judge Smails said:

that makes no sense.  Why would they put him on the plane if not cleared to play?

He was actually cleared by the independent neurologist to play so technically he's been cleared. 

At this point the team wants to, or at least is saying they want to, see how he responds to the flight and Friday's practice. Big difference between needing to get cleared to play versus needing to avoid a setback to play. So when Gruden or reports state he's not been cleared to play that's technically not correct, they are just leaving the door open in case he has a setback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, menobrown said:

He was actually cleared by the independent neurologist to play so technically he's been cleared. 

At this point the team wants to, or at least is saying they want to, see how he responds to the flight and Friday's practice. Big difference between needing to get cleared to play versus needing to avoid a setback to play. So when Gruden or reports state he's not been cleared to play that's technically not correct, they are just leaving the door open in case he has a setback.

Understanding the number of concussions Reed has had, I think Gruden is just taking the politically correct approach here. 

God knows he doesn't want it on his head if Reed goes the wrong way 10 years down the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Judge Smails said:

Sucks.  I only have Hurns or Reed available, and Jax plays tonight.  Sounds like we won't know until tomorrow's practice.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/no-promise-playing-jordan-reed-josh-norman-traveling-london-redskins

Yeah, need the all clear. I'm looking to deal with other issues, but until we get the thumbs up, I have to keep V. Davis on speed dial. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realizing that the Cinci/Wash game is in London and lineups need to be set by 9:30 EST. Great. Things are always complicated with Reed. Jeesh.

All indications are that Reed is playing, but you never know. Would be a shocker if he's inactive since all context cues point to Reed being Reed tmrw.

Would love to discard all my Reed plan Bs (Fleener, CJ Fied, Z. Miller) so I can attend to other issues in lineups, but feel like there's that 1% chance Gruden pulls a fast one tmrw morning.

And of course, I have a HWeen party that will keep me up late and makes early lineup decisions...questionable.

Anyone setting and forgetting Reed today? Would love to get the all clear signal today damn it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is now after 8:00 pm in London and it would be great if there was some kind of update on Reed and his status for tomorrow's game.

I just checked Twitter and didn't see anything new posted.  I will keep checking.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JORDAN REED, JOSH NORMAN PARTICIPATE IN SELECT PARTS OF REDSKINS FRIDAY PRACTICE

 

Excerpt:

Quote

Tight end Jordan Reed, who missed the last two games with a concussion, appeared to take part in the walkthrough fully. He said earlier this week that he feels 100 percent and ready to play on Sunday. Reed will still have to get cleared by Redskins doctors in order to play

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

"Likely" to play.

Hate that the door is left open here.

Why? He plays at 8:30.  We'll all be able to make an educated decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

9:30?

correct

10 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Why? He plays at 8:30.  We'll all be able to make an educated decision. 

it is 9:30 and AM on ET ... sorry those of us on the Left Coast are not likely to get up at 6:30 AM to check lineups

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Captain Hook said:

correct

it is 9:30 and AM on ET ... sorry those of us on the Left Coast are not likely to get up at 6:30 AM to check lineups

If I lived on the west coast. I'd have to get up at 6 and make sure hes active tomorrow   :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

If I lived on the west coast. I'd have to get up at 6 and make sure hes active tomorrow   :lol:

yeah fortunately I can sleep in (lucky if I get to 8) because my parter lives in CT :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VikingFrog said:

Why? He plays at 8:30.  We'll all be able to make an educated decision. 

6:30 for me. Which is when I'll be at the Redskins bar. Starting him over the Houston guy in one league. Benching for Graham in my other. When I drafted Graham as a backup in the 10th I said "he should be back to normal right when Reed gets another concision" :lol: wait... :kicksrock: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

.

Anyone setting and forgetting Reed today?

 

Me and in many leagues.

He's good folks, for now anyway. There is nothing to worry about regarding him being active tomorrow. I mean we hear about players like Lynch having back spasms in warmups so anything can happen but going to take some out of the blue thing like that to happen. He got cleared by independent doctor before he ever got on that flight, unless you are sitting on Gronk or Olsen and can only start one TE put him in your lineup and sleep in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

If I lived on the west coast. I'd have to get up at 6 and make sure hes active tomorrow   :lol:

Same here and that is pretty funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Jordan Reed (concussion, questionable) is expected to play Week 8 against the Bengals.

 

As is Josh Norman (concussion, questionable). This is not a surprise after both traveled with the team to London, but it is good to get confirmation. Reed is a locked-in TE1 in a great matchup.
 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/24/2013 at 7:14 PM, JackReacher said:

The Redskins have four options at TE so not expecting much from Reed this year, but he looked good in his brief action against the Bills. Big body with good quickness. Definitely should be on all deep dynasty rosters (20+ players per team)

If you got 'em, smoke 'em. Reed's back in my lineup today. ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On October 15, 2016 at 1:06 AM, Sebowski said:

 

What would you target in dynasty in a like-for-like swap? Eifert? Hunter Henry and a pick?

 

On October 15, 2016 at 1:43 AM, Robar said:

and a pick?  I dont think you could get Hunter Henry.

 

On October 15, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Jed said:

Maybe if the pick was with Reed for Henry.

Value change at all for you too? 

This isn't a troll or "told you so" posts (I don't do those). Serious. Now that he is back and balling like a beast, is it still smarter to trade him for a guy like Henry even if you have to throw in a pick? I' m back to holding. I just can't give those points up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2016 at 8:32 AM, shadyridr said:

I'd buy low on reed in a redraft in a heartbeat. What's the risk? The TE position is absolutely horrible this year. Again if you are buying low you are not giving up much and the reward I'd a stud te. 

Hope you listened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sebowski said:

 

 

Value change at all for you too? 

This isn't a troll or "told you so" posts (I don't do those). Serious. Now that he is back and balling like a beast, is it still smarter to trade him for a guy like Henry even if you have to throw in a pick? I' m back to holding. I just can't give those points up. 

Value is same for me for both Henry and Reed. Reed is dominant and people overreacted saying he was done. I also think people overreacted to Henry being a TE1 right now, Gates was always going to cloud up his situation. But in terms of dynasty. I own both of them a lot,  in 3 different leagues I own both in same league and they are TE premium leagues. I still value Henry over Reed in dynasty, nothing for me changed on that over last 3 weeks.

Reed will remain a major injury risk, always. While I think people place to much emphasis on the number of concussions he has had what is an issue for him is he has shown he is prone to concussions and his last 3 have all required multi-week absences.  At some point the worry for me is not as much he gets up to number 7 or number 8 or whatever number but that he gets one he can't recover or the symptoms are so severe he's finally had enough-clearance or not. So for example he's a solid 5 years younger than Olsen which in dynasty would be huge as that's like half a career  or more but in his case I don't really see him that way as I can't sit here and truly feel confident he has that kind of career longevity.

That last line of you wrote is the huge key however and why I continue to take a gamble on him. Jordan Reed wins you leagues. When he suits up he's as much of a weekly difference maker as exists, at least in TE premium leagues.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sebowski said:

 

 

Value change at all for you too? 

This isn't a troll or "told you so" posts (I don't do those). Serious. Now that he is back and balling like a beast, is it still smarter to trade him for a guy like Henry even if you have to throw in a pick? I' m back to holding. I just can't give those points up. 

With him seemingly coming back strong, in dynasty I would trade him for Henry straight up if I could work it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, menobrown said:

That last line of you wrote is the huge key however and why I continue to take a gamble on him. Jordan Reed wins you leagues. When he suits up he's as much of a weekly difference maker as exists, at least in TE premium leagues.

Exactly.  Anyone who owns Reed in TE-prem, knows the difference he provides. If my team was a couple years away, then well sure I'd sell.

Edited by JackReacher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Numbers were great but strongly aided by garbage time.  I'm very concerned with AC injury.  That isn't going to get better this year.  Could limit his snaps going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

7 hours ago, iamkoza said:

Numbers were great but strongly aided by garbage time.  I'm very concerned with AC injury.  That isn't going to get better this year.  Could limit his snaps going forward.

Even if he's used in a more limited way (red zone and "chain moving" scenarios), the way that offence is performing currently, he's still a better gamble than most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.