What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (2 Viewers)

Every time this guy takes the field he needs his own ambulance. 

On one hand you think he could fill in admirably for Kittle but to pretend he can make it thru an entire game at 100% is just not sound logic. I watched every catch he had in that one game this season and he doesn't offer much after he secures the ball these days. His TD was busted coverage, good for him. 

I would love to be able to use his services but the risk factor is extremely high I would say. 

-Saddened Kittle owner

BTW we have rules in our league, I'm sure many of you do as well in yours...what gives with no I/R designation?

49ers TE Jordan Reed (Knee) will be activated from injured reserve and play Thursday night against the 49ers. 

On IR since early October, Reed looks like a go for Thursday Night Football. This complicates the Niners' tight end situation and likely makes Ross Dwelley -- who had a touchdown last week after George Kittle went down to injury -- unusable for fantasy purposes. 

Related:

Ross Dwelley

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 5, 2020, 3:00 PM ET

Yep, I think I'll pick "him" up and start him over Burton.  Thanks for the info.  

If he can get at least the 5 targets he averaged his first 3 games I'll be happy, but honestly expecting more looks with their depleted WR corps and starting QB.

Thanks Reed for the .80 points. Wth?!?! I think he’s still the best TE on that team with Kittle chips out, but obviously the Niners activated him not expecting to use him much as I didn’t see him out there much at all unless I just wasn’t noticing him out there. 

I expected Mullens to pepper Reed with a lot of targets with so many WRs out. Richie James did a great job of stepping up unfortunately.

osubuckeyeman said:
I stuck with Thomas only because I was a bit worried of Reed being off for such a long time. I also watched a lot pregame and many thought the Niners would lean on the running game hoping to keep Rodgers off the field. I watched the first half and then went to bed.  I don't know how the game script went in the 2nd half but looked like that was the game plan in the first half.
Nice call by you. The Niners came out throwing it seemed like. Surprising. And something called River Cracraft played a bunch more than Reed and saw 5 targets.

Reed needs to get back in the flow. He is a major redzone target moving forward.  He might be a touchdown dependent type player ros of season. The question is can Mullen get him the ball?
Not sure how he is going to get in the flow of anything on the side line.

If the snaps stay this low then yeah you would have to hope for a TD.

He was out for a bit. This was his first game back.  I believe it was a knee too.  He may work himself into a bigger target share quickly but we will see.  I would wait to see it before putting him in my lineup. 
I picked him up and did wait to start him.

I started Robert Tonyan instead.

I got 1.25 points for Tonyan vs 1.05 for Reed.

So I was thrilled I made the right decision there.

Even if Reed moves to a full set of snaps, I don’t see him as much of a target hog. It’s not like Kittle was an every week target hog himself with capable pass options in Samuel and Aiyuk around him. 

This isn’t Washington when (healthy) he was the main viable receiving option.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Reed caught 5-of-6 targets for 62 yards in the 49ers' Week 10 loss to the Saints. 

Reed was the clear-cut pass catching tight end for the 49ers over Ross Dwelley; only Brandon Aiyuk saw more targets than Reed in Week 10. There's a chance George Kittle won't return this season, so Reed should be picked up in all tight end premium leagues and played as a streaming option in 12-teamers. Next week Reed will take on a Rams defense that allows 5.5 tight end receptions per game.

- Rotoworld

Last edited by a moderator:
For those of us that had to endure Kittle and Ertz in the same year and have kept trying to chase points like Tongyan or whatever in Green Bay and there are several like him. 

I'd be happy with 5/60 every week from my TE, but Reed gets hurt almost every time he takes the field. I'd like him to just catch the ball and then drop down quickly, I don't care how much free space is in front of him, just don't get hurt. 

Jordan Reed ran 22 pass routes to Ross Dwelley's 18 routes in the 49ers' Week 10 loss to the Saints. 

Pass routes being an important metric for tight end usage in fantasy football, it's good to see Reed further worked into the team's offensive game plan. Reed lined up in the slot or outside on 23 of his 31 snaps, drawing six targets -- second on the team behind Brandon Aiyuk. Reed could be a reliable streaming option for as long as George Kittle (foot) is out. 

RELATED: 

Ross Dwelley

Nov 16, 2020, 10:30 AM ET

Jordan Reed ran 25 pass routes while Ross Dwelley ran 10 routes in Week 12 against the Rams. 

Reed drew six targets, catching two for 18 yards. Dwelley caught one of two targets for three yards. Nick Mullens missed a wide-open Reed in the first half on what would have been a long gain down the middle of the field -- an errant throw that had Reed fuming on the sideline afterward. Reed is far and away the preferred fantasy option among Niners tight ends until George Kittle returns to the lineup.  

RELATED: 

Ross Dwelley

Nov 30, 2020, 11:59 AM ET

Jordan Reed caught 2-of-6 targets for 18 yards in San Francisco's Week 12 win over the Rams.

That makes back-to-back games with six targets for Reed since he returned to being a full-time player on passing downs. Although his overall production wasn't impressive on Sunday, Week 13 sets up well considering the Bills have permitted the seventh-most fantasy points per game to opposing tight ends. He'll be a top streamer off the waiver wire in that one.

Nov 30, 2020, 11:17 AM ET

Muellens is just terrible. He had him open several times but couldn't connect.  Luckily the passes to Deebo are easier and Deebo gets most of his yardage after the catch. Anything downfield to any receiver is a prayer.

Muellens is just terrible. He had him open several times but couldn't connect.  Luckily the passes to Deebo are easier and Deebo gets most of his yardage after the catch. Anything downfield to any receiver is a prayer.
On one 3rd down miss early in the game on a crossing route, Reed was visibly pissed. Thought he was  going to throttle Muellens.

Muellens helped make Kittle a star by force feeding him on short routes and letting him do the rest.

On one 3rd down miss early in the game on a crossing route, Reed was visibly pissed. Thought he was  going to throttle Muellens.

Muellens helped make Kittle a star by force feeding him on short routes and letting him do the rest.
I remember that.

There was another play in the second half where Reed had his man beat by about ten yards and Mullens didn't even throw the ball in the same zip code. Just awful.

Jordan Reed caught 3-of-4 targets for 32 yards and one touchdown in the 49ers' Week 13 loss to the Bills.

Ross Dwelley was targeted twice with George Kittle still out of the lineup. Reed secured a garbage-time five-yard touchdown late in the fourth quarter to save his box score. He'll be a back-end TE1/2 for Week 14 against Washington, his former team.

Dec 8, 2020, 12:04 AM ET

Jordan Reed ran 24 routes while Ross Dwelley ran 10 routes in Week 13 against the Bills. 

Reed caught 3-of-4 targets for 32 yards and a late score against Buffalo. Dwelley caught both of his targets for 29 yards. Reed -- who has ten targets over his past two games -- is far and away the team's primary pass catching tight end with George Kittle (foot) sidelined. Fantasy managers can continue deploying Reed as a streaming option in Week 14 against Washington. 

RELATED: 

Ross Dwelley

Dec 8, 2020, 12:18 PM ET

Jordan Reed caught 2-of-5 targets for 18 yards and a touchdown in the 49ers Week 15 loss to the Cowboys.

Reed is now averaging 5.2 targets per game across his previous five contests but only has one day above 32 yards in that span. If George Kittle is out for the 49ers' Week 16 matchup with the Cardinals, Reed would have some TE2 appeal. If he is able to return, Reed can safely be cut by fantasy managers.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:25 PM ET

TE Jordan Reed retired. 

Reed, selected by Washington in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft, was among the league's preeminent pass-catching tight ends before a frightening string of concussions hamstrung his career; he missed 53 games over his eight NFL seasons. He was fantasy football's No. 3 tight end in 2015 when he caught 87 of 114 targets for 952 yards and 11 touchdowns, and was a serviceable spot starter for the 49ers in 2020 when George Kittle was sidelined. Reed heads into retirement at the tender age of 30. 

RELATED: 

San Francisco 49ers

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 20, 2021, 8:03 AM ET

TE Jordan Reed retired. 

Reed, selected by Washington in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft, was among the league's preeminent pass-catching tight ends before a frightening string of concussions hamstrung his career; he missed 53 games over his eight NFL seasons. He was fantasy football's No. 3 tight end in 2015 when he caught 87 of 114 targets for 952 yards and 11 touchdowns, and was a serviceable spot starter for the 49ers in 2020 when George Kittle was sidelined. Reed heads into retirement at the tender age of 30. 

RELATED: 

San Francisco 49ers

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Apr 20, 2021, 8:03 AM ET

Expand  
Just as with Alex Smith, I'm relieved with this one too, probably more because his noggin was at stake.  Who knows what future ramifications there will be for Jordan because of all the concussions. 

Users who are viewing this thread