What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed (hamstring) returned to Redskins practice Thursday, getting in a limited session.

Reed is now tentatively on track to return for Monday's game against the Seahawks, but he'll have to avoid setbacks on Friday and Saturday. Reed has been sidelined since Week 1. Although Niles Paul has shined in Reed's absence, we'd expect Reed to reclaim No. 1 duties. It's possible he'd lose looks to Paul, however.

Related: Niles Paul

Source: Redskins on Twitter
Oct 2 - 3:09 PM
Gruden on practice participation: Porter (DNP) and T. Robinson (DNP). K. Golston, J. Reed, T. Williams, N. Paul among those limited.
First of all, limited. Secondly, NPaul & Reed both practicing, so maybe both playing.... against Seattle.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed (hamstring) returned to Redskins practice Thursday, getting in a limited session.

Reed is now tentatively on track to return for Monday's game against the Seahawks, but he'll have to avoid setbacks on Friday and Saturday. Reed has been sidelined since Week 1. Although Niles Paul has shined in Reed's absence, we'd expect Reed to reclaim No. 1 duties. It's possible he'd lose looks to Paul, however.

Gruden on practice participation: Porter (DNP) and T. Robinson (DNP). K. Golston, J. Reed, T. Williams, N. Paul among those limited.
First of all, limited. Secondly, NPaul & Reed both practicing, so maybe both playing.... against Seattle.
This would suck if they both played.

Rotoworld:

This would suck if they both played.
what do you think is gonna happen going forward?

I have hopped back on board. I dropped Reed ($3) for Kelce ($1) when he got hurt but now have an extra roster spot so I kept Kelce and have been able to add Reed back for ($2). I'll give him a chance to get on the field a few games and see what he can do.

I did not realize when I was drafting my teams this year, but I am all-in on Reed (drafted him often and typically without a proper backup). Between the injuries and the rise of Paul, I am wondering how much value he will have going forward.

I did not realize when I was drafting my teams this year, but I am all-in on Reed (drafted him often and typically without a proper backup). Between the injuries and the rise of Paul, I am wondering how much value he will have going forward.
Yeah, me too!!!

Agreed. I got him in trade before week 1 to cover Graham's bye in week 6. Now wondering if I may need to look elsewhere as that is next week already. Tough situation to monitor.

I have owned Reed a lot both last year and this year. My take is that as long as Reed is healthy enough to play I'm not worried about if they will use him in the game plan, they will. The concern is will he stay healthy all game and how long until the next injury. He is probably helped as well by the fact Paul is 7 days removed from his concussion.

I have owned Reed a lot both last year and this year. My take is that as long as Reed is healthy enough to play I'm not worried about if they will use him in the game plan, they will. The concern is will he stay healthy all game and how long until the next injury. He is probably helped as well by the fact Paul is 7 days removed from his concussion.
Yup. I held him and hopefully a lot of FBG Reed owners were lucky like me and picked up Donnell. So I'm not sweating Reed's return. I'm actually just planning on having him as a backup and potential flex play and no more than that. Ideal world he produces for a few weeks and I can trade him. Let him be someone else's head ache (no pun intended).

Rotoworld:

Redskins TE Jordan Reed (hamstring) did not practice on Saturday.

Reed got in a limited practice on Friday, but now appears unlikely to play on Monday night. Niles Paul (concussion) should play and get the start.

Source: Mike Jones on Twitter
Oct 4 - 12:07 PM
Jordan Reed (hamstring) is questionable for Monday night's game against Seattle.

Reed didn't practice Saturday for rest purposes. He remains a game-time decision, but late-week downgrades are never a good sign. Niles Paul (concussion) is practicing in full and should get the start.

Source: CSN Washington
Oct 4 - 2:36 PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Good. Let him rest another week. The worst thing to do is rush a player only to see him get hurt again like Milliner and Decker.

Good. Let him rest another week. The worst thing to do is rush a player only to see him get hurt again like Milliner and Decker.
I agree. I'm anxious for him to get some positive production, but sending him out to get beat up by Seattle's secondary when he's not 100% doesn't make a lot of sense.

Rotoworld:

ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim does not expect Jordan Reed (hamstring) to play in Monday night's game against the Seahawks.

Reed did not practice Saturday, downgrading his status. It now looks like he's trying to return for a Week 6 game against a Cardinals team that bleeds fantasy points to tight ends. Meanwhile, Niles Paul (concussion) is expected to play Monday night.

Source: ESPN.com

Oct 6 - 8:46 AM

He is a FA in my league... I've got Heath Miller and Kyle Rudolph (who I think will be good paired with Teddy).

Is Reed worth grabbing?

He is a FA in my league... I've got Heath Miller and Kyle Rudolph (who I think will be good paired with Teddy).

Is Reed worth grabbing?
He was just dropped in my league. I think I'm going to pick him up seeing as my only TEs right now are Vernon Davis and Niles Paul

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed (hamstring) expects to play in Week 6.

Reed practiced last week, but was held out of Monday night's loss. He's now on track to return barring any setbacks. Coach Jay Gruden has "high hopes" that Reed will be in the lineup for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

Source: John Keim on Twitter

Oct 8 - 4:19 PM

How do people see the Reed/Paul dynamic playing out when they can both get on the field ?
Paul showed us on Monday just how bad he blocks. If he can't block, his snaps will be limited when Reed comes back.
reed cant block either. luckily, you dont need blocking for fantasy points.

still, i dont understand why they left paul to block the whole game and rarely had him run routes. blocking is paulsens job. niles rarely blocked until this game.

How do people see the Reed/Paul dynamic playing out when they can both get on the field ?
Paul showed us on Monday just how bad he blocks. If he can't block, his snaps will be limited when Reed comes back.
reed cant block either. luckily, you dont need blocking for fantasy points.

still, i dont understand why they left paul to block the whole game and rarely had him run routes. blocking is paulsens job. niles rarely blocked until this game.
Paul just had that concussion and the Legion isn't exactly known for taking it easy on you over the middle. Wouldn't be surprised if the Redskins had him out there to decoy.

Reed has a dream matchup this week if he can just get on the field. Could be a great buy week fill in for graham, kelce owners. In dynasty, if he strings together a few good weeks you'd be a fool not to try to trade him.

these were the quotes from this past Saturday in that article:

"We’ll stretch him out a little bit and if he doesn’t feel he can run full speed, then we’ll hold him out," Gruden said.

Reed said he has not yet tested his injured hamstring by running full speed. Both he and Gruden said there was no setback in his recovery, and the Redskins held him out just to give him another day of rest.

"He feels OK," Gruden said. "I know how these things are ... He’s been running, but full speed? I can’t tell. I haven’t seen him run in a long time, I don’t know what his full speed is now. That’s what we’ll look at [sunday]."

Faust said:
And then from the updated article yesterday Oct 8th:

“Definitely shooting for Sunday,” Reed said. “I feel like if I get everything done this week and everything goes smoothly, I’ll be out there Sunday.”

Reed said he did some extra running after practice. He said his hamstring is tight and “kind of weak” but that it’s getting stronger.

Doesn't give me confidence that even if he returns this week, he would be able to do much. Do players with hamstring pulls this severe (obviously) ever come back to play well the same season? Anyone remember some success stories from the past?

Last edited by a moderator:
these were the quotes from this past Saturday in that article:

"We’ll stretch him out a little bit and if he doesn’t feel he can run full speed, then we’ll hold him out," Gruden said.

Reed said he has not yet tested his injured hamstring by running full speed. Both he and Gruden said there was no setback in his recovery, and the Redskins held him out just to give him another day of rest.

"He feels OK," Gruden said. "I know how these things are ... He’s been running, but full speed? I can’t tell. I haven’t seen him run in a long time, I don’t know what his full speed is now. That’s what we’ll look at [sunday]."

Faust said:
And then from the updated article yesterday Oct 8th:

“Definitely shooting for Sunday,” Reed said. “I feel like if I get everything done this week and everything goes smoothly, I’ll be out there Sunday.”

Reed said he did some extra running after practice. He said his hamstring is tight and “kind of weak” but that it’s getting stronger.

Doesn't give me confidence that even if he returns this week, he would be able to do much. Do players with hamstring pulls this severe (obviously) ever come back to play well the same season? Anyone remember some success stories from the past?
He could be full speed now, idk, that was Saturday and they were to play Monday. Need a grain of salt with this and probably look for a more current take on how he's doing

I'm still holding on him, but he's gonna have to play a full game and make it out healthy before I even think of starting him. I am not about to get burned by starting him, only to see him leave 4 minutes into the game after tweaking his hammy.

Urgh.

Really need a full practise and positive report on him today, he's one of the few options to cover Graham this week for me.

No he hasn't. He's been in the league just over one year. C'mon.
It's a bit hyperbolic, but consider this: In just over one year he has missed 11 games in two seasons. That's 11 games out of 21 or 52.3% of his games missed so far meaning he's been available 48.7% of the time. Bob Sanders was available 39.1% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread