What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordan Reed - TE - SF (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed (hamstring) remained limited in Thursday's practice, but reiterated to reporters that he expects to return for Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

Barring a setback, Reed will see his first action since Week 1. Despite the long absence, Reed will slide right back in as a low-end TE1 against a Cardinals defense that has trouble with tight ends.

Oct 9 - 6:58 PM

Still limited but a TE1? No thanks
Yeah, no way TE1 if he plays this Sunday.
Not sure about that. If he plays, one of the things you can get done against the Cards is get the TE involved. Wasn't it Vernon who absolutely beat them silly right up the middle last year? They play so much gap blitzing and leaving their corners out there to man up that the center of the field becomes a huge hole.

That might be a good thing for Garcon too but I would want to wait and see on Garcon. Seems like something is off there.

How can you start this guy with any sort of confidence?
The last 20 posts in this thread look exactly like the Arian Foster thread.

If he is playing, the team has looked at him and said he can play. Its a good matchup against the Cards if he goes. I wouldn't start him over Gates or Olsen or somebody like that, but if your Te you are thinking of starting isn't your normal #1 guy, I think you give it a long look.

How can you start this guy with any sort of confidence?
The last 20 posts in this thread look exactly like the Arian Foster thread.

If he is playing, the team has looked at him and said he can play. Its a good matchup against the Cards if he goes. I wouldn't start him over Gates or Olsen or somebody like that, but if your Te you are thinking of starting isn't your normal #1 guy, I think you give it a long look.
Isn't this they type of injury where there's a very real risk he has a setback after a few snaps and they shut him down for the day? It's not a taped up ankle where the guy gradually plays himself from 70% to 100% over a period of weeks.

Hamstrings and WR's, for that matter TE's. Never a good combo and always a risk of a non-contact tweak in warm ups, or just a simple curl route pulling up lame. And then back to the training room and tons more physical therapy. History shows you can't trust a receiver with a bad hammy even when they are supposedly working their way back. At least not, mid season. I'd be very cautious about starting him if owned Reed.

Hamstrings and WR's, for that matter TE's. Never a good combo and always a risk of a non-contact tweak in warm ups, or just a simple curl route pulling up lame. And then back to the training room and tons more physical therapy. History shows you can't trust a receiver with a bad hammy even when they are supposedly working their way back. At least not, mid season. I'd be very cautious about starting him if owned Reed.
I think that can be true but not an absolute. Seems like we have seen a lot of teams in the past rush players back and that seems to be the undoing.

Andre Johnson went through this a couple of times and a few years ago, it was obvious when he came back too quick. But then they learned and he came back with no issues.

Any NFL player is at risk on any given play. at some point, I guess you just have to trust the team in doing their job right.

He's been out for 5 weeks. I hope that means they have been smart about not rushing him back and not that it was a severe strain. Who knows though, we'll have to see how he looks once he gets out there.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed - TE - Redskins

ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim expects Jordan Reed (hamstring, questionable) to play Sunday at Arizona.

Keim has had a good grasp on the availability of Washington's banged-up skill position players this season. Although Reed seems likely to be active, players coming back from hamstring injuries always present a lot of fantasy football risk. Reed may or may not be a full-time player against the Cards. He could lose snaps to Niles Paul, who played well for the most part with Reed out.

Source: John Keim on Twitter

Oct 10 - 1:31 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN's John Keim reports "it would be a surprise" if TE Jordan Reed (questionable, hamstring) didn't play in Sunday's game against the Cardinals.

"Hes done a decent job," coach Jay Gruden said of Reed. "Hes still not quite there yet but hes making great progress. We're all anxiously awaiting and hopefully it will be Sunday." Reed is a game-time decision, but seems likely to return. He'll be a low-end TE1 if active this week.

Source: ESPN.com

Oct 10 - 6:31 PM

Rotoworld:

ESPN Redskins reporter John Keim said TE Jordan Reed will play a "decent amount" of snaps if he is active against the Cardinals.

"He apparently looked good during the week and he should be an excellent matchup for them Sunday," Keim said. "So clearly the desire would be there to play him a lot." All signs point to Reed playing on Sunday against an Arizona defense that gives up the sixth most points per game to opposing tight ends. Reed will be a high-risk, high-reward TE1 if active this week.

Source: ESPN.com

Oct 11 - 10:53 AM

Last edited by a moderator:
At least this is trending upward. I have to decide between him and Owen Daniels. Leaning Daniels.

Had he ever had a bad hammy pull before? I know he's always been dinged up, but are the injuries muscle related?

Sounds fishy. Going into week 2 and 3 gruden called it a minor injury. Then last week called it a severe hamstring injury. If he does play i bet its limited. Hammys are tough to come back from. Limited practices all week. Ive gotta see it to believe it

At least this is trending upward. I have to decide between him and Owen Daniels. Leaning Daniels.

Had he ever had a bad hammy pull before? I know he's always been dinged up, but are the injuries muscle related?
Wasn't last year a concussion?
You tell me. That's why I asked.Personally, I think I'd like to see results before I play him. Even it is a 20pt performance.
Missed the last few games with a concussion and was put on ir. That's all I found.

If he plays I'm gonna start him (only have ww Te as other options) this guy is special when he is on the field.... And he can get hurt any second so play him of he's avaliable lol

I've really got no choice, have to play him. Kelce on by and I don't want to drop anyone for the crap TE's available in our free agency pool.

The 37 I got from TY Thursday helps enough that I'm willing to risk standing pat with him.

Ruins any chance of playing Paul and I'm not starting both. Dude needs to retire.
ya i really could use paul this week in a few leagues given byes and injuries. im holding out hope that reed is inactive. im kinda skeptical of a few limited practices after weeks of nothing.

ofc, niles usage last game was bizarre. after being heavily targeted for 4 straight weeks, he rarely ran any routes and was used almost entirely as a blocker, where he performed quite poorly. arizona has been torched by tight ends going back to last season but they have a tough pass rush so hopefully they dont give niles a similar role.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got Reed in right now but have Clay, ASJ, Ebron, Wright and Harbor all available. No idea what to do prob stick with Reed if he makes it.

Got reed and cook. Waiting until right before 4 to make decision. Will depend some on how my guys go at 1. I feel Reed is more of a boom/bust. Cook will be stable but don't see much chance of big numbers.

Got reed and cook. Waiting until right before 4 to make decision. Will depend some on how my guys go at 1. I feel Reed is more of a boom/bust. Cook will be stable but don't see much chance of big numbers.
First time in the history of football someone called Cook stable :-)

Good stuff, he put in a nice showing on his return ! I lost today but it looks like Reed will be good cover for Jimmy going forward so thats something.

Not sure about that. If he plays, one of the things you can get done against the Cards is get the TE involved. Wasn't it Vernon who absolutely beat them silly right up the middle last year? They play so much gap blitzing and leaving their corners out there to man up that the center of the field becomes a huge hole. That might be a good thing for Garcon too but I would want to wait and see on Garcon. Seems like something is off there.
There's always a way

Not sure about that. If he plays, one of the things you can get done against the Cards is get the TE involved. Wasn't it Vernon who absolutely beat them silly right up the middle last year? They play so much gap blitzing and leaving their corners out there to man up that the center of the field becomes a huge hole. That might be a good thing for Garcon too but I would want to wait and see on Garcon. Seems like something is off there.
There's always a way
Good call. Garcon is a letdown too. Not sure how I ended up owning 2 Redskins. :loco:

I drafted him as my #1, had to wait six weeks for a return but that was a great sign today. Now if he can only stay on the field....

My dumbest drop. Just got frustrated a few weeks ago and cut him for someone else and of course he was scooped up by somebody else. Meanwhile my starting TE is Jimmy Graham so I can really use him.

Healthy and just put up a decent stat line? Sell him while you can before he misses 3 games for stubbing his toe getting out of bed.

Rotoworld:

Jordan Reed secured 8-of-11 targets for 92 yards in the Redskins' Week 6 loss to the Cardinals.

Making his return from a Week 1 hamstring tear, Reed looked spry while working in frequent two-tight end sets alongside Niles Paul. He was the clearly-preferred passing-game option to Paul, seeing a team-high 11 targets. Although Jay Gruden involved the tight end sparingly in his Cincinnati offenses, he's utilizing the tight ends voluminously in D.C. With Reed back healthy, he'll resume TE1 value in Week 7 against Tennessee.

Oct 12 - 8:48 PM

Users who are viewing this thread