What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamaal Charles Thread: Hall of Famer? (2 Viewers)

What is the going rate for a guy like Charles? Is he untradeable right now?
I don't think he's untradeble, but it would probably take a package including another top 10-12 RB. If I had needs at WR, I would listen to an offer of a Reggie Bush + WR2 type. This is in PPR. I'd still be hesitant because of his insane volume and consistency, but I would make the move it it wasn't a large downgrade at the position and it helped to bolster a position of need.

TL;DR: No, he's not untradable.
I think he's about as solid a pick as there has been this year with all of the turnover in top RBs. Sheer volume of touches I think Charles is the way to go. Is it me or has he not had those long runs this year?

What is the going rate for a guy like Charles? Is he untradeable right now?
I don't think he's untradeble, but it would probably take a package including another top 10-12 RB. If I had needs at WR, I would listen to an offer of a Reggie Bush + WR2 type. This is in PPR. I'd still be hesitant because of his insane volume and consistency, but I would make the move it it wasn't a large downgrade at the position and it helped to bolster a position of need.

TL;DR: No, he's not untradable.
I think he's about as solid a pick as there has been this year with all of the turnover in top RBs. Sheer volume of touches I think Charles is the way to go. Is it me or has he not had those long runs this year?
His long run on the season is 24 yards. So no he hasn't had them. We have to assume that they start to come at some point, but even if they don't... he's still been far and away the most consistent fantasy RB through the first 6 weeks of the season.

I think he has been somewhat of a disappointment..Moreno is only a few pts behind him, and is doing as much or more,with less, than Charles is..so Charles isn't really living up to his ADP ranking..but he is scoring fantasy pts, just not scoring nearly as many as people would've hoped.. :shrug:
I think that this is probably the weakest attempt at justification of a spectacularly bad call that I have ever seen. People can't actually think this way and function in everyday life, can they? Just wow.
There is spin and then there is complete BS. This is obviously the latter.

How does one even type the BS above with a straight face?

I think he has been somewhat of a disappointment..Moreno is only a few pts behind him, and is doing as much or more,with less, than Charles is..so Charles isn't really living up to his ADP ranking..but he is scoring fantasy pts, just not scoring nearly as many as people would've hoped.. :shrug:
I think that this is probably the weakest attempt at justification of a spectacularly bad call that I have ever seen. People can't actually think this way and function in everyday life, can they? Just wow.

:lmao: that is some top-notch schtick.

:lmao: that is some top-notch schtick.
Is someone really trying to say they're disappointed with J Charles???? Producing animal stats with likes of Alex Smith, Dwayne Bowe, & Donnie Avery.

:thumbdown:

steveski said:
Did someone really just say that Charles has been somewhat of a disappointment? They should be banned. The only time the words disappointment and Charles should be in the same sentence should be when you're referring to why you passed on him at 1.1.
:goodposting:

Khy said:
Update!!!!!!

I expect Charles to see a significant increase in catches but if Andy's tendencies stay the same, don't expect anything more than 1100 rushing 500 receiving from Charles as his ceiling, not his floor. Pretty good numbers but none to go crazy about the guy being as good as AP.
After six games:

114 carries for 475 yards

33 catches for 300 yards

7 total touchdowns (he has scored every week)

This puts him on pace for:

1,267 rushing yards

88 catches

2,067 total yards

19 scores

What is scary is, he YPC is way down from his 5.8 career average to 4.2. He has yet to break any really big runs, and you gotta think a few of those are coming at some point.
:yes:

As good and consistent as Charles has been to this point, I think his owners still have some monster games to look forward to.
Got pretty quiet in here from the people claiming Charles didn't have a 10+ TD ceiling. As he'd never scored more than 10 in a season. I think he'll get 3 more TDs this year, what about you guys?
Hey KHY

I was one of those 'non-believers',mostly due to Alex Smith..IMO, Smith is one of the leading MVP candidates, he has his team at

6-0 which is very impressive being that he was a newly acquired player in the offseason..he has performed extremely well :thumbup:

while I'm one of those who didn't think Charles would surpass 10TD, on the flip side, you can't possible think he's going to continue at this rate and finish with 19 TDs ,can you? I mean,they've beaten the Jags, Oakland, Giants, Eagles, Cowboys, Titans.not exactly all-world team defenses..and while the schedule looks fairly easy from here on out, someone along the way is going to decipher and crack the code,and beat the Chiefs..I'll give you maybe 13-15 TD..but his ypc avg is what is most alarming now..1.6 yards less per rush..

he has 2 fewer rushing Tds than Moreno ( 5 vs. 7), and avg's 1/2 yard less than him ( 4.2 vs. 4.7)..19 more fantasy pts, and he has 13 more recs, 111 more rec yards..but for the consensus top 10 pick he was in this year's fantasy drafts, I think he has been somewhat of a disappointment..Moreno is only a few pts behind him, and is doing as much or more,with less, than Charles is..so Charles isn't really living up to his ADP ranking..

but he is scoring fantasy pts, just not scoring nearly as many as people would've hoped.. :shrug:
So I was completely with you until you started talking about Moreno. Charles is the #1 Fantasy RB right now and ahead of all other RBs by almost a full weeks worth of points in ALL scoring formats. In what world is he not living up to the ADP that most people had him at which was somewhere in the range of 2-6 overall? Good God man... right now he's on pace for one of the best fantasy seasons of all time. What were people hoping for if 25+ PPG wasn't it? 40 PPG? That was one of the worst posts I've read on these boards in quite some time and there's some terrible posts here.
Have to agree... Im totally upset I passed on him at 1.2 and took spiller even though I have him in 4/9 dynasty leagues and my heart told me not to ... I bought the hype on spiller and he would be a good example of a guy not living up to his potential. Not Charles who is top dog by a wide margin.... That was idiotic .

I got Jamaal at 1.06 in my 12-team league, and just felt like I was stealing. I got the guy that I would have taken at 1.02 while the likes of Doug Martin and Trent Richardson went off the board.

And his schedule is just cake. Only Denver can rank in the Top 10 vs. the run. And if you make it to the playoffs, Charles has matchups against the Skins, Colts and Raiders (all weak against the run).

And if you make it to the playoffs, Charles has matchups against the Skins, Colts and Raiders (all weak against the run).
Whoa. Thanks for posting that. I own Charles a bunch but had no idea since I only play dynasty.

Maybe it'll make up for the 28-yard egg he laid Week 15 last year.

I got Jamaal at 1.06 in my 12-team league, and just felt like I was stealing. I got the guy that I would have taken at 1.02 while the likes of Doug Martin and Trent Richardson went off the board.

And his schedule is just cake. Only Denver can rank in the Top 10 vs. the run. And if you make it to the playoffs, Charles has matchups against the Skins, Colts and Raiders (all weak against the run).
Yeah, I took him at 1.03 in my one big money home town league and had the 11 other guys start laughing at me. I was incredibly confused... lol. I was prepared to take him at 1.01 if I drew that pick though as well... I was extremely confident this would be what we saw from him. I also got him at like 1.08 in one league and couldn't believe it. Every pick I sat there going "Come on, really? Wow... keep it going! Just one more!"

Rotoworld:

Chiefs OC Doug Pederson expects Jamaal Charles' workload to increase.
That's despite the fact that Charles is already on pace for 392 touches, which would be a new career high by 75. "He’s a guy who steadily wants a little more each week, a little more responsibility," Pederson said. "And the more he gets comfortable in our system and what we’re asking him to do, we’ll put a little more on his plate." Although that's music to the ears of Charles' fantasy owners, we seriously doubt Charles' workload will increase much beyond what it already is, if at all. Charles is averaging 24.5 touches per week, and the Chiefs would be pushing the envelope with any more.

Source: Kansas City Star

Rotoworld:

That's despite the fact that Charles is already on pace for 392 touches, which would be a new career high by 75. "He’s a guy who steadily wants a little more each week, a little more responsibility," Pederson said. "And the more he gets comfortable in our system and what we’re asking him to do, we’ll put a little more on his plate." Although that's music to the ears of Charles' fantasy owners, we seriously doubt Charles' workload will increase much beyond what it already is, if at all. Charles is averaging 24.5 touches per week, and the Chiefs would be pushing the envelope with any more.

This is one of those instances where what a coach is saying fails a basic sanity check and can be safely ignored.

Rotoworld:

This is one of those instances where what a coach is saying fails a basic sanity check and can be safely ignored.
I think this is one of those instances where FF owners/media are interpreting his statements however they wish. Nothing he says refers to touches or workload. He could be talking about opening up the playbook more. In fact, I'd bet that's what he's talking about.

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles had 18 carries for 74 yards in Sunday's Week 8 win over the Browns.
He added five catches for 46 yards on seven targets. Charles totaled over 100 yards from scrimmage for the eighth straight game, but wasn't able to find the end-zone for the first time this season. He continues to be the focal point of the Chiefs offense and finished with 23 touches. Charles is on pace for a monstrous 306 carries, 2,036 total yards, and 12 touchdowns through eight games.

Kinda getting worried about him for next year. Some RBs can do this for 1 season, but break down afterwards. They might be wise to draft another RB in the 3rd-4th round next year, if nothing else than to build a stable of backs to rotate in and out of the offense.

But for 2013, gravy train!

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles rushed 17 times for 90 yards and caught six passes for six yards in Kansas City's Week 9 win over Buffalo.
The Bills' defense deserves credit for preventing Charles from ripping off any game-changing plays, although the Chiefs' coaching staff gave them an assist with only seven first-half rushes compared to 24 pass dropbacks by Alex Smith. Smith had just seven pass drops in the second half, and Charles had 11 carries. And so Kansas City went on to win. Charles could really use the forthcoming Week 10 bye to rest his legs. He's on pace to shatter his previous career high for all-purpose touches.

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles rushed 17 times for 90 yards and caught six passes for six yards in Kansas City's Week 9 win over Buffalo.
The Bills' defense deserves credit for preventing Charles from ripping off any game-changing plays, although the Chiefs' coaching staff gave them an assist with only seven first-half rushes compared to 24 pass dropbacks by Alex Smith. Smith had just seven pass drops in the second half, and Charles had 11 carries. And so Kansas City went on to win. Charles could really use the forthcoming Week 10 bye to rest his legs. He's on pace to shatter his previous career high for all-purpose touches.
looks like his workload increased from 24.5 touches to 23...... LOL

I recently acquired Charles.

As a new owner, is it worth rostering Dexter McCluster or someone else as a handcuff? Have an open spot after dropping bye week fill-ins from this week.

All aboard the Charles train and loving his playoff schedule.

As a new owner, is it worth rostering Dexter McCluster or someone else as a handcuff? Have an open spot after dropping bye week fill-ins from this week.

I would think Knile Davis would be the handcuff to own, but I'm not sure Charles is worth handcuffing in redraft. I struggle to see anyone else on KC's roster putting up numbers anywhere near his production were he to go down.

I would think Knile Davis would be the handcuff to own, but I'm not sure Charles is worth handcuffing in redraft. I struggle to see anyone else on KC's roster putting up numbers anywhere near his production were he to go down.
agree, not worth handcuffing unless you have super-deep benches. rather stack up matchup defenses. Davis would not be effective enough to make it worth it as he is kind of a soft runner and has major fumbling problems.

Anyone else concerned about what happens to Charles with Bowe being out (maybe for a while)? It wasn't like they had a great passing game before, but now they'll just double stack the box. Could be an issue down the stretch.

Anyone else concerned about what happens to Charles with Bowe being out (maybe for a while)? It wasn't like they had a great passing game before, but now they'll just double stack the box. Could be an issue down the stretch.
Bowe has been terrible and is still going to play until the case is resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could see 270 carries for 1500 plus yards and 70 catches for 700 yards and 15 total tds 10 rushing 5 rec..... I see Huge top 5 upside for JC who is amazing on a per run basis career best all time 5.7
:lol:
You still laughing now ???????? didn't I say TOP 5?? I mean number 1.
To be fair, he won't get to 1500 rushing yards. I'm sure he was laughing at the proj, not "top 5 upside", considering he was a top 3-4 pick in every league. You weren't that far off though.

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles rushed 14 times for 115 yards with two touchdowns and added four catches for 42 yards in Sunday's 41-38 Week 12 loss to the Chargers.
Charles' burst was back. On an eye-opening 46-yard run in the fourth quarter, he completely catfished Manti Te'o in the hole and took off. It was as if Te'o didn't even exist. The touchdowns were Charles' first since Week 7 and it was his first 100-yard rushing game since Week 5. Operating as a true every-down plus goal-line back (Knile Davis had just one touch), Charles continues to combine elite talent with unique volume. He's averaging 23.0 touches per game heading into the Week 13 rematch with the Broncos.

Related: Manti Te'o

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles rushed 19 times for 93 yards and a touchdown and caught two passes for 27 yards in the Chiefs' Week 13 loss to Denver.

Charles was highly effective in his all-purpose role against Denver's top-five run defense, regularly beating linebackers to the corner and creating his own running room at the first level. He is a special talent and increasingly challenging to be regarded as the most well-rounded tailback in the game. Expect Charles to light up the Redskins' defense in Week 14.

What's crazy about Charles's great year is, he has scored 11 touchdowns, but no long ones. In fact, his longest touchdown of the year is a 7-yarder (which he did twice). That is crazy.

What's crazy about Charles's great year is, he has scored 11 touchdowns, but no long ones. In fact, his longest touchdown of the year is a 7-yarder (which he did twice). That is crazy.
Yeah he is overdue for a long td
You're not kidding. It seems like we always see Charles have one of those games where you look up and he's beaten outa big 60 yard Td and broke the floodgates open. I just hope he's saving it for weeks 14,15, and 16.

I could see 270 carries for 1500 plus yards and 70 catches for 700 yards and 15 total tds 10 rushing 5 rec..... I see Huge top 5 upside for JC who is amazing on a per run basis career best all time 5.7
To be fair, he won't get to 1500 rushing yards. I'm sure he was laughing at the proj, not "top 5 upside", considering he was a top 3-4 pick in every league. You weren't that far off though.
Really?

Indy is a bottom 5 Run D

Washington, Oakland, and San Diego all give up 100 yards per game

Although, KC might have the 5 seed locked up and no chance at the division when they play San Diego, I think he gets "really" close if he doesn't break 1500 rushing. 700 yards receiving would take a great December.

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles rushed eight times for 20 yards with one touchdown and added eight catches for 195 yards with four more touchdowns in Sunday's 56-31 Week 15 win at Oakland.
It's fitting that fantasy's most consistent superstar all season long saved his best performance for the playoffs. The five touchdowns are the most by a non-quarterback since Clinton Portis did it in 2003. Three of the scores came on the same play, a simple screen from Alex Smith that let Charles do his thing in open space. His fourth score was on a wheel route in which he easily roasted Raiders LB Miles Burris and the fifth was a one-yard dive over the pile. Charles now has 10 touchdowns in his last four games and 18 on the season heading into a Week 16 home game against the Colts. His fantasy MVP status will be solidified then.

Jamaal Charles explodes in Chiefs' romp of Raiders

By Mike Coppinger NFL.com

Published: Dec. 15, 2013 at 08:09 p.m.

Excerpt:

Jamaal Charles is having a career year, but he saved his most dynamic game for Week 15.

The Kansas City Chiefs running back, despite rushing for just 20 yards, piled up five touchdowns and 195 yards receiving in the Chiefs' 56-31 romp over the Oakland Raiders on Sunday.

Charles' first TD came on the first offensive play of the game, a dump off from Alex Smith that was taken down the sideline for a 49-yard score. Charles found the end zone again midway through the first quarter, a similar play on third-and-19. Charles scampered for two more touchdown grabs (one for 71 yards) and added a one-yard plunge.

His 195 receiving yards are the third-most total by a running back since the NFL-AFL merger, per NFL Media research. NFL Media's own Marshall Faulk has the most with 204 yards against the Bears in 1999.

Charles bolstered his case for Offensive Player of the Year honors, and he surpassed New Orleans Saints tight end Jimmy Graham's league lead for total touchdowns with 18 (Graham has 14). Charles likely would have done more, but he was pulled in favor of Knile Davis with about 10 minutes remaining and the game out of hand.

Really?

Indy is a bottom 5 Run D

Although, KC might have the 5 seed locked up and no chance at the division when they play San Diego, I think he gets "really" close if he doesn't break 1500 rushing. 700 yards receiving would take a great December.
T&T's predictions looking pretty solid right now. :thumbup:

Rotoworld:

Jamaal Charles rushed eight times for 20 yards with one touchdown and added eight catches for 195 yards with four more touchdowns in Sunday's 56-31 Week 15 win at Oakland.
It's fitting that fantasy's most consistent superstar all season long saved his best performance for the playoffs. The five touchdowns are the most by a non-quarterback since Clinton Portis did it in 2003. Three of the scores came on the same play, a simple screen from Alex Smith that let Charles do his thing in open space. His fourth score was on a wheel route in which he easily roasted Raiders LB Miles Burris and the fifth was a one-yard dive over the pile. Charles now has 10 touchdowns in his last four games and 18 on the season heading into a Week 16 home game against the Colts. His fantasy MVP status will be solidified then.
Jamaal Charles is so good he can score three touchdowns on a single play. Give him 20 touches and he might even score 60 times!

Really?

Indy is a bottom 5 Run D

T&T's predictions looking pretty solid right now. :thumbup:
1181 rushing yards so far. Not on pace for 1500.

Best fantasy performances since 1960

Jamaal Charles becomes ninth to score 50-plus, in just three quarters

By Tristan H. Cockcroft | ESPN.com

Fantasy owners are demanding of their first-round picks: Come playoff time, they ask leaderboard-topping performances of them.

On Sunday, Jamaal Charles did one better: He provided his owners an all-time caliber performance: 51 fantasy points, most since Doug Martin scored the same amount in Week 9 of the 2012 season.

Charles' effort was indeed one for the record books, literally from an NFL perspective. His four receiving touchdowns were the most by any running back in the game's history. From a fantasy perspective, he tied for the sixth-best single game by any player since 1960, using ESPN's standard scoring system.

It came at an especially opportune time, as Week 15 is a playoff week in the vast majority of fantasy football leagues, a semifinal matchup in most. It matched the highest fantasy point total for any player that late in the year -- going by numbered weeks -- joining Corey Dillon for the only two performances worth at least 50 points in Week 15 or later. Dillon's was in Week 15 of the 1997 season, and coincidentally, his was also worth 51 points.

Want even more fantasy goodness? In a PPR (points per reception) league that merely adds those points to ESPN's standard scoring system, Charles' 59 points -- 51 standard fantasy points plus one point apiece for his eight receptions -- set a new standard for an NFL running back, breaking Gale Sayers' 48-year-old record of 57. Charles also moved into fourth place among running backs in terms of receptions this season, extending his career high to 65.

Folks, we appear to have found our 2013 fantasy football MVP.

Charles' fantasy owners have no reason to gripe, even if they're cognizant that he didn't even lead his own team in rushing yards on Sunday, his 20 falling 14 short of backup Knile Davis' 34, 26 of which came in the fourth quarter after Charles had been removed with his Kansas City Chiefs up by 18 points. What those owners should appreciate is the historical context of his game.

So let's put said game into context, shall we?

Using ESPN's standard scoring system, listed below are the nine instances since 1960 -- the earliest season for which detailed NFL box scores were available -- in which a player scored 50 fantasy points or more. No, ESPN leagues didn't exist back then, but this is all for fun, and historical perspective. Besides, there is compelling evidence that fantasy football leagues existed at least as far back as 1962, the first year of the Greater Oakland Professional Pigskin Prognosticators League (GOPPPL).

(All statistics come from my historical research, collected in a database of individual player game logs.)

1. Gale Sayers, 1965 Week 13, 55 fantasy points: Sayers scored six touchdowns on this day, four rushing, one receiving and one on an 85-yard punt return, at the time becoming only the third player to score that many; he matched the record previously set by Ernie Nevers (1929) and Dub Jones (1951). The punt return score, his final one of the day, was especially significant: It gave him a then-record-setting 21 touchdowns for the season. Sayers even had a chance to break the touchdown record on a late-game punt; per the Associated Press, he ran 30 yards before slipping and being yanked by a man he had previously eluded on the return. No matter, as Sayers' performance is not only the greatest by any rookie in fantasy football since 1960, it's the greatest by any NFL player during that time.

2. Clinton Portis, 2003 Week 14, 54 fantasy points: This one meant about as much to his Denver Broncos as it did to his fantasy owners; without this win versus the eventual division-winning Kansas City Chiefs, the Broncos probably wouldn't have reached the playoffs in 2003. It was his fifth 100-yard rushing effort in a streak of six to conclude the season, and in the process, he upstaged an even bigger (at the time) fantasy stud, the Chiefs' Priest Holmes (44 rushing yards, two touchdowns).

3. (tied) Jim Brown, 1961 Week 10, 52 fantasy points: He'd have dominated fantasy football like no other running back could have for nine seasons, winning the league's rushing title in eight. But on this day, Brown was particularly productive, setting a then-NFL-record rushing mark with 242 yards … breaking his own record of 237, set four years earlier. His four rushing touchdowns would set a new career high, which he would match almost exactly one year later, in Week 10 of the 1962 season.

3. (tied) Jerry Rice, 1990 Week 6, 52 fantasy points: Rice matched an NFL record with five receiving touchdowns in this game against the Atlanta Falcons; Bob Shaw (1950) and Kellen Winslow Sr. (1981) previously shared the mark. Oddly, neither he nor his quarterback, Joe Montana, characterized it one of their better games. "I had a decent game today," Rice told the Associated Press. "But I don't compare games. I don't think I made two mistakes in the Super Bowl. Today, I made four or five."

3. (tied) Shaun Alexander, 2002 Week 4, 52: Ah, a Sunday night football classic. Surely you remember this one? In only the second game at CenturyLink Field (then Seahawks Stadium), Alexander set an NFL record with five touchdowns in the first half, establishing his reputation as a premier prime-time performer. He played 14 night games in his career, totaling 13 touchdowns.

6. (tied) Corey Dillon, 1997 Week 15, 51 fantasy points: Though it has since been eclipsed, Dillon's 246 rushing yards on this day set an NFL rookie record. Particularly impressive about Dillon's performance was that it came against a Tennessee Oilers defense that, entering the game, was ranked third in the NFL against the run.

6. (tied) Doug Martin, 2012 Week 9, 51: Though he had placed himself firmly in the class of fantasy studs with a 32-point breakout outing a week earlier against the stingy Minnesota Vikings defense, the "Muscle Hamster" affirmed himself as 2012's top rookie rusher thanks primarily to this game, during which he became the first player in NFL history to score three rushing touchdowns of 45 yards or longer (per ESPN Stats & Information). And if you're looking to toss cold water on the effort due to an "easy matchup," know this: There were actually four defenses that allowed more fantasy points per game to opposing running backs than the Raiders in 2012.

6. (tied) Jamaal Charles, 2013 Week 15, 51 fantasy points.

9. Jerry Butler, 1979 Week 4, 50 fantasy points: The third rookie on the list to cross the 50-point threshold, Butler's is the best by any rookie wide receiver since 1960. He caught two touchdowns of greater than 70 yards -- one was 75 and the other 74 -- to help his Buffalo Bills rally from a 24-12 deficit to defeat the New York Jets.

What about the AFL?As the NFL record book does recognize marks set in the pre-merger AFL, I thought it might be interesting to expand the scope of fantasy football records to include AFL performances. There were three worth 50 points or greater:

1. Billy Cannon, 1961 Week 13, 62 fantasy points: Cannon's 330 yards from scrimmage on this day would set a record, eclipsed by Flipper Anderson 28 years later, but unlike Anderson, Cannon would score five touchdowns -- three rushing and two receiving -- to go along with it.

2. Cookie Gilchrist, 1963 Week 13, 54 fantasy points: He set then-AFL records with 36 carries and five touchdowns.

3. Abner Haynes, 1961 Week 11, 53 fantasy points: He scored five touchdowns on the day, four rushing and one receiving, and added 242 yards from scrimmage.

Positional recordsRunning backs and wide receivers dominate the all-time leaderboard, but what about quarterbacks, tight ends and kickers? Here are the current record-holders (since 1960) at those three positions:

QB: Michael Vick, 2010 Week 10, 49: On the day that then-Washington Redskins quarterback Donovan McNabb celebrated signing a five-year contract extension, it was the opposing quarterback, Vick, who lit up the fantasy scoreboard. Vick had three passing and two rushing touchdowns in the first half, becoming the first player to do that, routinely lighting up the Redskins' secondary en route to the NFL's first-ever performance of at least 300 passing yards, 50 rushing yards, four passing and two rushing scores. Vick would finish the 2010 season as fantasy's leading scorer.

TE: Kellen Winslow Sr., 1981 Week 12, 44 fantasy points: He scored a whopping five touchdowns, four of them coming on throws from Dan Fouts and the fifth on an option pass from running back Chuck Muncie late in the fourth quarter. It capped a key victory en route to a streak of four wins in Winslow's San Diego Chargers' final five games to rally from behind to take the AFC West crown; his Chargers would make it all the way to the conference championship.

K: Rob Bironas, 2007 Week 7, 29 fantasy points: He set an NFL record with eight field goals, the first of them coming from 52 yards, the final one the game-winner as time expired to defeat the Houston Texans. Remarkably, Bironas entered the Tennessee Titans' sixth game of the 2007 season with only eight field goals all season; he doubled his seasonal output in one day.

Fantasy football single-game leaderboard (since 1960)The chart below highlights the 34 players since 1960 -- a total 35 instances -- who have amassed at least as many as 45 fantasy points (ESPN standard scoring).

(click on the linked article to see the chart)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread