What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ Anderson (3 Viewers)

A panicked owner gave me Anderson for Martavis Bryant a few hours ago. Debating between Ivory and Anderson for this week, but I'm leaning CJ, I liked him coming into the year, and one down game against a potential top-5 defense isn't gonna sway me too much.

I assume it would, but do the Thursday night games generate the same amount of "Twitter buzz" during pregame warm-ups, impressions, limping/not, etc. as the Sunday kick-offs do?

Edited: FWIW (FF Champs) Denver Broncos running back, CJ Anderson, will play on Thursday night despite a toe injury. But Denver coaches indicate Anderson will play on a snap count and will rotate with Ronnie Hillman. Analysis: Its not an ideal situation for Anderson owners considering he was likely your 1st running back taken in drafts. If you have Hillman, he may be the better play for Week 2.
:popcorn:
:wall:
If he CAN go, he WILL go. Peyton needs more protection than his O-line can give him and he prefers CJ as a blocker over Hillman.

If CJ is blocking for Peyton, I'll take the chance that he'll opt dink-and-dunk to CJ quite a bit tonight.

One thing to remember Hillman got 35 of his yards in that 17 play 10 minute drive. Maybe the Ravens D has a little gassed. Think that was the drive CJ got hurt.
Majority of that came immediately after Suggs went off, too.
Exactly what I pointed out in real time and I got lambasted for making an excuse.
Problem is this isn't true. Kubiak explicitly addressed this in the presser. Reporter asked if Hillman got those carries because of CJA's injury. and Kubiak responded that Hillman earned those carries. It had nothing to do with CJA's injury.
Kubiak is full of ####. He had 7 carries on that drive for 35 yards. So his 5 carries for 6 yards before CJ got hurt earned those carries?
I only see 30 yards on that drive.

• (13:51) 18-P.Manning pass short middle to 88-D.Thomas to DEN 13 for 9 yards (51-D.Smith).
  • 2-1-DEN 13(13:08) 22-C.Anderson right guard to DEN 13 for no gain (93-L.Guy).
  • 3-1-DEN 13(12:25) 22-C.Anderson up the middle to DEN 19 for 6 yards (51-D.Smith; 91-C.Upshaw).
  • 1-10-DEN 19(11:42) 23-R.Hillman right tackle to DEN 30 for 11 yards (57-C.Mosley).
  • 1-10-DEN 30(10:58) 23-R.Hillman left end to DEN 39 for 9 yards (94-C.Davis).
  • 2-1-DEN 39(10:14) 23-R.Hillman up the middle to DEN 43 for 4 yards (95-K.Lewis-Moore).
  • 1-10-DEN 43(9:31) 23-R.Hillman left tackle to DEN 42 for -1 yards (33-W.Hill).
  • 2-11-DEN 42(8:45) (Shotgun) PENALTY on DEN-18-P.Manning, Delay of Game, 5 yards, enforced at DEN 42 - No Play.
  • 2-16-DEN 37(8:21) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short left to 88-D.Thomas to DEN 48 for 11 yards (22-J.Smith). BAL-55-T.Suggs was injured during the play.
  • 3-5-DEN 48(7:45) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass incomplete deep right to 10-E.Sanders. PENALTY on BAL-21-L.Webb, Defensive Holding, 5 yards, enforced at DEN 48 - No Play.
  • 1-10-BAL 47(7:39) (Shotgun) 23-R.Hillman up the middle to BAL 38 for 9 yards (98-B.Williams).
  • 2-1-BAL 38(7:11) 23-R.Hillman right tackle to BAL 36 for 2 yards (98-B.Williams; 94-C.Davis).
  • 1-10-BAL 36(6:27) (Shotgun) 22-C.Anderson right tackle to BAL 34 for 2 yards (57-C.Mosley).
  • 2-8-BAL 34(6:00) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short left to 22-C.Anderson to BAL 32 for 2 yards (51-D.Smith).
  • 3-6-BAL 32(5:18) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short right to 88-D.Thomas to BAL 22 for 10 yards (95-K.Lewis-Moore).
  • 1-10-BAL 22(4:20) 22-C.Anderson up the middle to BAL 17 for 5 yards (51-D.Smith; 50-A.McClellan).
  • 2-5-BAL 17(3:40) (Shotgun) 23-R.Hillman right end to BAL 21 for -4 yards (33-W.Hill).
  • Timeout #1 by DEN at 03:08.
  • 3-9-BAL 21(3:08) (Shotgun) 18-P.Manning pass short middle to 22-C.Anderson to BAL 15 for 6 yards (93-L.Guy).
  • Timeout #1 by BAL at 03:00.
  • 4-3-BAL 15(3:00) 8-B.McManus 33 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-46-A.Brewer, Holder-4-B.Colquitt.
  • BAL 13 DEN 19 Plays: 17 Possession: 10:56
Actually it just looks like how Kubiak would sprinkle in Ben Tate for Foster at times in the middle of a game. When Kubiak didn't have a guy to sprinkle in, you'd see 25-30 carries a game for Foster and we worried about running him into the ground. A 57-17 snap count usage and a few carries for Hillman sounds familiar from Kubiak's days here...

We seem to have had a trend of early season Thursday night games being offensive duds. Hard to touch this one with that trend and all of the noise in Denver.

no way I am starting him tonight. want more than 5 points.
Why'd you draft a guy thats gonna give you 5 points?
because he wasn't hurt when I drafted him.
Doesnt sound like he's hurt now...
moving around well, in warmups, with no contact is one thing. Game speed against that linebacking corp is another. Short week, barely practiced and is nursing a toe injury that he is playing through. I'm going with another option this week.

We seem to have had a trend of early season Thursday night games being offensive duds. Hard to touch this one with that trend and all of the noise in Denver.
Seems like there's a whole season trend over multiple seasons of Thursday night games being offensive duds. Someone should do a study on that. As a FBG subscriber, I decree it should be FBG. So let it be written, so let it be done.

This is why thursday games suck. If he had a full week of rest he'd be fine for a Sunday but with the short week he may be limited.

All the negativity about him, I bet he logs 2 tds, over 80 yards rushing, and over 4 receptions for 28 yards.

FYI, Thursday fade is for the passing game, not rushing or defense

C.J. Anderson (toe) officially active vs. KC

8694.jpg

C.J. Anderson is active for Week 2 against the Chiefs.
Anderson's status was never in doubt. Perhaps Ronnie Hillman will get a few more touches than usual, but Anderson can be fired up as a high-end RB2 for Denver's trip to Arrowhead Stadium. RE Malik Jackson is also active.

I drafted him I'm starting him.
That's what I'd do. No way I would bench my 1st or 2nd round pick in week 2 as long as he's relatively healthy and starting. Anyone who has that little faith in him may as well trade him away right now.
I think this ignores situation. As a CJ owner, I do have faith in where I picked him, and that he will net out as a worthy RB1 for my squad. That said, there are real concerns notwithstanding Hillman performing better -- a short week, the trend of Thursday offensive duds, the dreaded "snap count."

I just think it's safer to do as TartanLion suggested and bench him, and be happy if he performs as it means that much more cementing his primary RB position.

That said, having a LOT of difficulty deciding who to bench him for (Dion Lewis? Gio?). Sitting him when he is suited and ready really depends on your faith in your other options.

My other options are Crow, Duke, DJ, Dion Lewis and Karlos Williams. I don't feel like I can sit him for anyone from that bunch.

Oh, and Ryan Mathews.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I'd do. No way I would bench my 1st or 2nd round pick in week 2 as long as he's relatively healthy and starting. Anyone who has that little faith in him may as well trade him away right now.
I think this ignores situation. As a CJ owner, I do have faith in where I picked him, and that he will net out as a worthy RB1 for my squad. That said, there are real concerns notwithstanding Hillman performing better -- a short week, the trend of Thursday offensive duds, the dreaded "snap count."

I just think it's safer to do as TartanLion suggested and bench him, and be happy if he performs as it means that much more cementing his primary RB position.

That said, having a LOT of difficulty deciding who to bench him for (Dion Lewis? Gio?). Sitting him when he is suited and ready really depends on your faith in your other options.
I wouldn't bench him for either of those guys.

Hes playing so hes in ...period...the team wouldnt play him if he wasnt good to go all out...they have a reliable back up and they would just sit him on a short week...itrust the decision of the coaching staff more than scared FF owners

• Smile
Reactions: ATB
Starting him. I get the reasons why I shouldn't but I feel better that I started him having a respectable performance than sitting him and he goes off for 2TDs and 100yrds

My other options are Crow, Duke, DJ, Dion Lewis and Karlos Williams. I don't feel like I can sit him for anyone from that bunch.
Karlos Williams will be #1 on waivers priority in most leagues next week.
I ####ed around earlier in this thread saying I was sitting him for Williams but I don't know if McCoy is 100% ruled out. Trust me, if I did, I'd be sitting him for Williams.

I wouldn't bench him for either of those guys.
Appreciate it. In a PPR, I think both Lewis and Gio may have a chance to outshine as I expect the most likely outcome for CJ is a repeat performance with 5-7 points. We'll see.

Oh, and Ryan Mathews.
My own personal feeling is Dion Lewis has the most upside here, and obviously Williams if McCoy is out, but you don't have that luxury. But having trouble myself deciding between Lewis and CJ.

ETA: Lewis is a consideration ONLY in a PPR. If not, I'd roll with CJ.

Stompin said:
SameSongNDance said:

Oh, and Ryan Mathews.
My own personal feeling is Dion Lewis has the most upside here, and obviously Williams if McCoy is out, but you don't have that luxury. But having trouble myself deciding between Lewis and CJ.

ETA: Lewis is a consideration ONLY in a PPR. If not, I'd roll with CJ.
I've waffled and have now settled on sitting CJ. This league also isn't big money so I tend to play a little more lose.. that needs to be factored into my personal decision.

Can we stop with all this implied "start your studs" nonsense. Fantasy football is a weekly game. CJ may have multiple great performances in the future, however this one presents some doubt. Fantasy football is a weekly game. You play the probabilities and the best match ups.

Stompin said:
Appreciate it. In a PPR, I think both Lewis and Gio may have a chance to outshine as I expect the most likely outcome for CJ is a repeat performance with 5-7 points. We'll see.
Lewis would be pretty much off the table for me this week on his own merits. The Bills D could be the best in the league, plus Blount will be back.

Users who are viewing this thread