What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (3 Viewers)

Last two episodes have been significant improvements (even though I still wouldn't call it a good show).

Was hoping that Samuel Jackson would have showed up during the Saffron Burrows scenes. Add in LL Cool J from NCIS LA on a cameo and we have the Deep Blue Sea reunion.

Both Burrows and the "that Guy" playing the snotty Shield agent at the end of FZZT strike me as actors who probably are a bit too recognizable to take a one-off guest star spot. So I assume we'll have some nefarious elements with SHIELD stuff to coincide with the Capt. America movie.

As hot as Skye is, Simmons is giving her a serious run for her money.

And yeah, Ming Na Wen is amazing for 50. Hell for any age.

Simmons is hot, but she isn't even in the same league as Skye
Don't forget, the character Skye is ultra made up and clothed to be hot while the character Simmons is made up and dressed to be very simple and mousey.This is how Simmons looks when made to look more sexy

http://www.clattoverata.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Elizabeth-Henstridge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Simmons is hot, but she isn't even in the same league as Skye
Don't forget, the character Skye is ultra made up and clothed to be hot while the character Simmons is made up and dressed to be very simple and mousey.This is how Simmons looks when made to look more sexy

http://www.clattoverata.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Elizabeth-Henstridge.jpg
Not forgetting at all. Simmons is cute...GND type. Skye is just plain smoking....teenage wet dream, centerfold quality smoking.

Moved to "On the Bubble."

Link

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. dropped another three tenths this week. Even if you toss out the premiere, here is Agents’week-to-week performance since the second episode: dropped four tenths, dropped a tenth, dropped a tenth, dropped two tenths, dropped three tenths. Even with starting in the mid 3s, that sort of trajectory isn’t healthy. I’ve moved it to “On The Bubble” until we see its floor, if any.
:(

Link

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. dropped another three tenths this week. Even if you toss out the premiere, here is Agents’week-to-week performance since the second episode: dropped four tenths, dropped a tenth, dropped a tenth, dropped two tenths, dropped three tenths. Even with starting in the mid 3s, that sort of trajectory isn’t healthy. I’ve moved it to “On The Bubble” until we see its floor, if any.
Since Disney owns Marvel and the cross platform potential is huge, I think this show gets a lot more leeway than your average show.

Link

Since Disney owns Marvel and the cross platform potential is huge, I think this show gets a lot more leeway than your average show.
Agreed.

I dont see it going away after one season. Possibly a move to Friday night at 8pm which would actually not be a bad thing when you consider how shows like Grimm are doing on Fridays and there's nothing on at 8 for the Grimm audience to watch.

Link

Agreed.

I dont see it going away after one season. Possibly a move to Friday night at 8pm which would actually not be a bad thing when you consider how shows like Grimm are doing on Fridays and there's nothing on at 8 for the Grimm audience to watch.
Don't shoot the messenger. Like I said before, this site isn't 100% accurate, but they're pretty good at predicting these shows.

The bottom line is that the show has to get better or it's not going to stop bleeding viewers. I'm a pretty hardcore fan, but honestly that's about all that is keeping me watching right now.

The bottom line is that the show has to get better or it's not going to stop bleeding viewers. I'm a pretty hardcore fan, but honestly that's about all that is keeping me watching right now.
For me, it's the hot chicks and I really like Clark Gregg in this role. But the show itself definitely needs a pretty huge push. Like you, if I had no vested interest in the Marvel characters I wouldn't be watching.

Its frikken marvel people! What do we need...an episode featuring dolphins with lasers? Meanwhile garbage soap operas like chicago fire are popular? Decline of western civilization as we know it...

Sometimes it takes time for a show to find it's feet. Cheers sucked year one. Seinfeld was a complete mess year one. Actually a lot of shows we think of as iconic now weren't great out of the blocks.

Sometimes it takes time for a show to find it's feet. Cheers sucked year one. Seinfeld was a complete mess year one. Actually a lot of shows we think of as iconic now weren't great out of the blocks.
Cheers was fantastic in year 1. It had simply not found its audience yet in an extremely crowded sitcom space.

Seinfeld was still trying to find its feet in year 1, I agree with that.

Unfortunately, the days of networks allowing programs to grow seem to be long gone.

I am still just happy we will get 22 episodes out of Shield. Anything after that is gravy for me.

Firefly was.

:kicksrock:
But it makes complete sense to me that the suits at Fox decided to not show the excellent pilot as the pilot and instead show it at the end of the season, and it also made sense to force the writers into an emergency rewrite of the second episode to shoe horn in what the pilot already did beautifully, and then to also show the rest of the epsidodes out of order.

With leadership like that at Fox, I don't see how Firefly failed.

One of the things that bugs me is the production value of the show. I was watching the premier of almost Human last night thinking, man, I wish Agents of Shield was nearly this well funded/executed. From the effects to the lamely choreographed and filmed fight sequences, it's detracting rather than adding to the show. In 2013 I expect more from a SciFI/Fantasy based show. Particularly one that is backed by Disney.

:shrug: My daughter and I are not "Hardcore fans" of the genre.. Neither of us are Comic book readers, and although we enjoy the movies we have seen, we don't make it a point to see them all.

We enjoy this show and will continue to watch it weekly until it's demise.

:shrug: My daughter and I are not "Hardcore fans" of the genre.. Neither of us are Comic book readers, and although we enjoy the movies we have seen, we don't make it a point to see them all.

Same here.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the show is horrible or anything. I just think there is plenty of room for improvement, and I hope they invest the time and resources to do it.

One of the things that bugs me is the production value of the show. I was watching the premier of almost Human last night thinking, man, I wish Agents of Shield was nearly this well funded/executed. From the effects to the lamely choreographed and filmed fight sequences, it's detracting rather than adding to the show. In 2013 I expect more from a SciFI/Fantasy based show. Particularly one that is backed by Disney.
Almost Human was pretty good. I missed last night but Sunday was good.

Fantastic episode tonight... easily the best of the series so far. THIS is more of what they need.
Agreed. Really good episode and I also thought it was the best of the season.

So Ward passed on Skye's shoulder for some drunken Asian fun. Interesting.

Fantastic episode tonight... easily the best of the series so far. THIS is more of what they need.
Agreed. Really good episode and I also thought it was the best of the season.

So Ward passed on Skye's shoulder for some drunken Asian fun. Interesting.
:shrug: I'd tag May before Skye too.
Wasn't criticizing the choice just found it interesting from a storyline perspective. :)

You could give me the third pick of those three chicks and I'd be a happy guy with whichever one was left for me. All 3 are gorgeous.

I really liked the episode, but it didn't tie into the Thor movie as much as I hoped it would. I'm not surprised by that though, and the direct tie that we did get in the beginning was great - especially Coulson's line about the God of Cleaning Up being sent down with his magic broom. The tone was better, the acting was better, the show was better than it has been so far. I'm optimistic about the rest of the season.

The number of viewers finally did not drop this week from the previous week's show, which I believe is the first time this has happened.

Agree with everyone here. I saw this saw this as a landmark episode for the series, when the actors finally settled into the characters, they finally had an interesting plot (though the Chicari (sp) virus episode was x-filesesque good), and the long term plot-lines actually tickled my curiosity (thinking of Colson's post-mortem vacation).

Agreed. Really good episode and I also thought it was the best of the season. So Ward passed on Skye's shoulder for some drunken Asian fun. Interesting.
:shrug: I'd tag May before Skye too.
:yes:
I told my wife she was 50 when we watched the last episode. Her only response was "that's not funny". :)

After 7 consecutive week of falling ratings, the show has had a nice rebound.

After bottoming out at 6.67 million viewers, the following saw a small uptick to 6.89 million viewers and then a huge jump in the most recent episode to 9.69 million, which was the highest since the pilot episode.

Some of the large rebound in the 9.69 million number may have been due to NCIS not being on that week.

NewlyRetired said:

After bottoming out at 6.67 million viewers, the following saw a small uptick to 6.89 million viewers and then a huge jump in the most recent episode to 9.69 million, which was the highest since the pilot episode.

Some of the large rebound in the 9.69 million number may have been due to NCIS not being on that week.
Was it new this week? My DVR didnt record it. Figured it was a repeat

NewlyRetired said:

:no:

Enjoyed the last 2 episodes.

Liking the sort of backstory getting into May and Coulson's past sort of things and demons.

NewlyRetired said:

They had a 2 week break between episodes so there was no new this week.

Best episode so far last night? Top 3 for sure imo. As long as they keep moving toward more super powers and less CSI/X-Files, things could get very good here. They might be finding their groove.

Interesting mention of telepathic powers. Disney doesn't own the rights to the X-Men so they may be staying away from mutants, but that sure seemed like foreshadowing to me. Just seemed odd that Coulson wouldn't know about Professor Xavier. Could be above his security level.

I could see this show being a hub for movies down the road though. Some had been speculating that Coulson might end up turning into the Vision. It would be a nice feature film spinoff. Comic guys, I don't know the Vision's origin story but I know it can't be this, seeing as how Coulson doesn't exist in the comics. Marvel has a way of tying its universe together and its always been open to tweaking canon, especially when switching media, so anyone think this might be a possibility?

Either way, we need Disney getting those X-Man and Spiderman rights back pronto, to keep this momentum going. :thumbup:

Best episode so far last night? Top 3 for sure imo. As long as they keep moving toward more super powers and less CSI/X-Files, things could get very good here. They might be finding their groove.

Interesting mention of telepathic powers. Disney doesn't own the rights to the X-Men so they may be staying away from mutants, but that sure seemed like foreshadowing to me. Just seemed odd that Coulson wouldn't know about Professor Xavier. Could be above his security level.

I could see this show being a hub for movies down the road though. Some had been speculating that Coulson might end up turning into the Vision. It would be a nice feature film spinoff. Comic guys, I don't know the Vision's origin story but I know it can't be this, seeing as how Coulson doesn't exist in the comics. Marvel has a way of tying its universe together and its always been open to tweaking canon, especially when switching media, so anyone think this might be a possibility?

Either way, we need Disney getting those X-Man and Spiderman rights back pronto, to keep this momentum going. :thumbup:
IIRC The Vision in the comic universe was an android created by Ultron the robot, (villian in Avengers 2 movie up coming), and his brain was duplicated from Simon Williams who is WonderMan, a being of pure enegery who started as a bad guy, but then turned good and was a fixture in avengers comics for awhile.

IIRC The Vision in the comic universe was an android created by Ultron the robot, (villian in Avengers 2 movie up coming), and his brain was duplicated from Simon Williams who is WonderMan, a being of pure enegery who started as a bad guy, but then turned good and was a fixture in avengers comics for awhile.
Why Agent Coulson Is Set Up Perfectly To Become The Vision

...So, a lot of people don't like the idea of Coulson becoming Vision, mostly fanboys who want a perfect origin story taken straight from the source material, but we know the MCU isn't really sticking to the source material (That "twist" in Iron Man 3) so what's the big deal? As fans we want to see as many of our favorite characters in added as possible. Marvel have the perfect opportunity to introduce the Vision so let's just sit back and enjoy what Marvel give us next.
Plus, the Scarlet Witch is going to make an appearance in Avengers 2.

The Scarlet Witch is married to the Vision in the comics iirc, and her powers are mutant driven and could be considered psychic, couldn't they?

...So, a lot of people don't like the idea of Coulson becoming Vision, mostly fanboys who want a perfect origin story taken straight from the source material, but we know the MCU isn't really sticking to the source material (That "twist" in Iron Man 3) so what's the big deal? As fans we want to see as many of our favorite characters in added as possible. Marvel have the perfect opportunity to introduce the Vision so let's just sit back and enjoy what Marvel give us next.

The Scarlet Witch is married to the Vision in the comics iirc, and her powers are mutant driven and could be considered psychic, couldn't they?
Because of the rather leaden conversation about Coulson's ex (and the flurry of people claiming that Wanda played the cello in the comics, which I can't verify), I considered that possibly the Clairvoyant would be a way to introduce Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch character before the Avengers 2.

But it would be a pretty significant change to the abilities of the character. The Scarlet Witch affects probability. It's not much like Clairvoyance at all.
I thought it was positive that the episode seems to set up a lot of forward momentum, but I found a lot of the actual writing in the episode cringe-inducing.

Because of the rather leaden conversation about Coulson's ex (and the flurry of people claiming that Wanda played the cello in the comics, which I can't verify), I considered that possibly the Clairvoyant would be a way to introduce Elizabeth Olsen's Scarlet Witch character before the Avengers 2.

But it would be a pretty significant change to the abilities of the character. The Scarlet Witch affects probability. It's not much like Clairvoyance at all.
I thought it was positive that the episode seems to set up a lot of forward momentum, but I found a lot of the actual writing in the episode cringe-inducing.

The Scarlet Witch can tap into mystic energy for reality-altering effects; this power was formerly limited to the creation of "hex-spheres" of reality-disrupting quasi-psionic force to cause molecular disturbances in a target's probability field, resulting in spontaneous combustion, deflection of objects in flight, and so on. She later became able to alter reality on a far greater scale, creating entire armies of enemies from nowhere. Although the Scarlet Witch has been trained in basic sorcery techniques, she lacks the specialized mystic training required to fully control her power.
My kids are going to love this. :excited:

Users who are viewing this thread