What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official "Space Blanket" for Better Call Saul*** (2 Viewers)

I guess I never realized how good of an actor McKean was, but he's crushing this show. his diatribe at the end while the camera zoomed in was mesmerizing. and then just as quickly, once he realized he had lost it, to go back to buttoned up professional Chuck. so awesome.
:goodposting:   

McKean is one of those guys you see in a ton of movies and shows, and he's always good, but you never think of him as this super awesome actor.  And then you see his performance here.  Gilligan is to TV what Tarantino is to movies: he has an uncanny knack for getting the best out of every actor he works with. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved when Jimmy criticized Mike's photos saying that he's going to have to teach him the Rule of Thirds. :lmao:

Finally caught up. What a great season. 

Why were Kim and Jimmy happy to hear a second tape was under lock and key?  Just to confirm it would be played?

Finally caught up. What a great season. 

Why were Kim and Jimmy happy to hear a second tape was under lock and key?  Just to confirm it would be played?
It proved Chuck made a copy because he knew Jimmy would come over wanting the tape.  It showed how far he was willing to go to trap his own brother to clear his own name for a mistake he may or may not have made.

But why the "bingo" ?
Jimmy's whole argument is that to see why he did the actions that were being questioned by the bar, they need to see Chuck through Jimmy's eyes. The tape included Chuck's insane behavior. The tape being played would help Jimmy's strategy more than it would help Chuck's strategy. Hence when Kim was told the tape would be played, to Kim and Jimmy that's a "bingo!"

Chuck was questioned while testifying why he sounded so insane on the tape, and he said it was an act to get Jimmy to admit what he did. Jimmy however proved it's all an act by Chuck, and he did what he did to make him feel better because he knows his brother is insane. 

Jimmy, or even Kim should have suggested Rebecca call the cops for a welfare check on Chuck. Even if Jimmy was not righteously bitter it would be foolish of him to show up at the home of someone who recently had him charged with criminal trespass and breaking and entering, and who that day had been in a hearing to have him disbarred but which ended in a year's suspension.  For all Jimmy knows this is just Chuck setting him up to violate his diversion program he got from the D.A.  Jimmy's only interaction with Chuck at this point should be to have the ####-house rat crazy ******* committed, crippling HHM's reputation and financials.

Oh, why not mark Krazy 8's money role before tossing it into the bag.  Now they are going to have to search for it.

Wondering how construction of the superlab can happen as a retro-fit to the laundry.  I mean they are going to be removing around 6000 square yards of dirt and shoring the ceiling/floor above to hold industrial machines.  Someone is going to notice and wonder about permits.  They are going to be pouring hundreds of yards of concrete, doing major HVAC work.  I could see it being hidden among original construction of a laundry, but not as a retro-fit.

Cop at lunch at Pollos Hermanos:  Hey Lou, what's going on down at the Laundry.  I see trucks running dirt out of there day and night, heavy equipment, concrete trucks lined up on the street to get in, and semis delivering large beams?

Code Inspector Lou:  Probably just replacing a dryer.  I've got better things to do than check.  Say, have you tried the extra spicy.  This chicken would be worth killing for.

Cop:  Yeah, its more addictive than crack!

Lou: or Meth.

Jimmy, or even Kim should have suggested Rebecca call the cops for a welfare check on Chuck. Even if Jimmy was not righteously bitter it would be foolish of him to show up at the home of someone who recently had him charged with criminal trespass and breaking and entering, and who that day had been in a hearing to have him disbarred but which ended in a year's suspension.  For all Jimmy knows this is just Chuck setting him up to violate his diversion program he got from the D.A.  Jimmy's only interaction with Chuck at this point should be to have the ####-house rat crazy ******* committed, crippling HHM's reputation and financials.

Oh, why not mark Krazy 8's money role before tossing it into the bag.  Now they are going to have to search for it.

Wondering how construction of the superlab can happen as a retro-fit to the laundry.  I mean they are going to be removing around 6000 square yards of dirt and shoring the ceiling/floor above to hold industrial machines.  Someone is going to notice and wonder about permits.  They are going to be pouring hundreds of yards of concrete, doing major HVAC work.  I could see it being hidden among original construction of a laundry, but not as a retro-fit.

Cop at lunch at Pollos Hermanos:  Hey Lou, what's going on down at the Laundry.  I see trucks running dirt out of there day and night, heavy equipment, concrete trucks lined up on the street to get in, and semis delivering large beams?

Code Inspector Lou:  Probably just replacing a dryer.  I've got better things to do than check.  Say, have you tried the extra spicy.  This chicken would be worth killing for.

Cop:  Yeah, its more addictive than crack!

Lou: or Meth.
The guy smuggles drugs for a living without being caught.

I think he can figure out a way to smuggle dirt.

A standard dump truck hauls around 14 yards of dirt.  That lab was at least 90 feet, by 60 feet, by 30 feet. That is 6000 square yards of product or 428 dump truck loads of dirt.

I do.  I want to see how Gus does the unlikely.  I love his planning.  I loved the Breaking Bad episode were he did in Don Eladio. His having an emergency medical facility in place and ready to go was awesome. 
55 gallon drums.

By your calculation, 6000 cubic yards of dirt, that would require about 22,000 drums.

A 53 foot tractor trailer is about 8' wide by 9' high by 53' long. It holds 3816 cubic feet of air.

A 55 gallon drum is 35 in tall, with a diameter of 2'

You could stack these drums 3 high, going 26 rows deep, and 4 wide.

That's 312 drums per trailer.

That's approximately 70 trips. Assuming you can do one trip a day, in just over 2 months he can clear out all that dirt in this fashion.

The room probably already exists, and they just have to retro-fit the stairs to it so that it can now support a piece of equipment over it. 
Could be.  Seems unlikely to me that in an industrial area that one would build vertically when horizontally is cheaper, particularly for a use involving heavy equipment and water, which seeps, but who knows.  I did not see any indication of a room, or stairs.  I just hope for some incite into how it comes to be.  It is an unusually ambitious undertaking. 

Love that Tuco could not hold himself back even in jail, even to get out in a timely fashion.  We know he is volatile when high, but maybe its all the time, or maybe he found a way to get high in jail.

Could be.  Seems unlikely to me that in an industrial area that one would build vertically when horizontally is cheaper, particularly for a use involving heavy equipment and water, which seeps, but who knows.  I did not see any indication of a room, or stairs.  I just hope for some incite into how it comes to be.  It is an unusually ambitious undertaking. 
Converted filtration vault.  It only makes sense to have water processing and storage underneath heavy equipment repeatedly filled with dirty water. 

it's a frikkin TV show.

a decade ago, a roomful of writers conceived of a superlab under a laundry. writers room cleared its collective mouth of snack food long enough to say "coo-ul". Now the prequel show originally built upon Chuck & Kim being disposed of in S1 but decided they liked those guys so have kep em around for several seasons is scrambling to include BB throwbacks they didnt even think of til 3 wks ago. nufced

I had a big problem with this scene too.  Obviously it would warrant a well check visit from the cops as suggested.

However, I believe the scene was drawn to hammer that the relationship between Jimmy and Chuck was irrevocably damaged and that Jimmy was never going to do anything to help Chuck again.

it's a frikkin TV show.

a decade ago, a roomful of writers conceived of a superlab under a laundry. writers room cleared its collective mouth of snack food long enough to say "coo-ul". Now the prequel show originally built upon Chuck & Kim being disposed of in S1 but decided they liked those guys so have kep em around for several seasons is scrambling to include BB throwbacks they didnt even think of til 3 wks ago. nufced
My curiosity on an matter introduced last evening seems to be discommoding you somewhat.  I apologize.  

Users who are viewing this thread