What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jordy Nelson (3 Viewers)

Freelove said:
Leonidas said:
Aaron Rodgers is a good reason for a guy looking for a future big payday to take less. He's a good reason for a guy who's already been paid but is chasing the promised land to take less. He's a terrible reason for a guy in Jordy's shoes to take less, unless he prefers the back of his football card to his family and his life.
lol what?

His family and his life will suffer if he doesn't get more money than he has already made or would continue to make with Green Bay?

I didn't realize you had the inside scoop here. Just how many millions of dollars per year are required for Nelson's family and life to not be garbage?
:confused:

That made no sense whatsoever. It was his last chance at the big contract. He's already put up stats. He's already got the ring. What incentive does he have to say no to the big reward? Versus what incentive did he have to gratefully accept it?

Certainly not continuing down the road of this stupid argument, since Jordy and the Pack already proved me right. Happy trails.
What exactly did Nelson prove? :confused:

Freelove said:
Leonidas said:
Aaron Rodgers is a good reason for a guy looking for a future big payday to take less. He's a good reason for a guy who's already been paid but is chasing the promised land to take less. He's a terrible reason for a guy in Jordy's shoes to take less, unless he prefers the back of his football card to his family and his life.
lol what?

His family and his life will suffer if he doesn't get more money than he has already made or would continue to make with Green Bay?

I didn't realize you had the inside scoop here. Just how many millions of dollars per year are required for Nelson's family and life to not be garbage?
:confused:

That made no sense whatsoever. It was his last chance at the big contract. He's already put up stats. He's already got the ring. What incentive does he have to say no to the big reward? Versus what incentive did he have to gratefully accept it?

Certainly not continuing down the road of this stupid argument, since Jordy and the Pack already proved me right. Happy trails.
What exactly did Nelson prove? :confused:

He proved he was worth big money with the Packers. He got big money with the Packers. That's what he meant. But you knew that.

Jordy Nelson- WR - Packers
Jordy Nelson's four-year, $39 million extension is really only a two-year commitment by the Packers.
Nelson is safe through 2015 due to the proration of his $11.5 million signing bonus, but that is the only guaranteed portion of the deal. Nelson's salary cap number jumps from $4.6 million in 2015 to $8.8 million in 2016, at which point he will be entering his age-31 season with a non-guaranteed salary of $5.5 million. Because Nelson was already under contract with the Packers for 2014, the overall max value of the deal is $43 million across five seasons.

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports
Jul 31 - 11:05 AM

Looks like a very friendly deal for the Packers and not truely the 10 mil he wanted...as usual, the details bring that value down from the initial wording when things are announced.

Rotoworld:

Jordy Nelson's play at camp so far has been "superlative."

Nelson isn't mailing it in after landing his $39 million extension. The Packers' unquestioned No. 1 wideout already has seven touchdowns in team drills (compared to one for Randall Cobb) and is doing his usual thing of making difficult catches look routine. Note that in the eight full games Aaron Rodgers played last season, Nelson averaged 6.1 catches for 101.2 yards and scored seven times. He's a strong second-round fantasy pick.

Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Aug 7 - 8:53 AM

I feel like Nelson has earned the right to be drafted pretty high. In sat seasons owners have been able in many drafts to grab him at a slight discount. I hope he makes it out of the 2nd but I won't be surprised after Marshall is taken if folks aren't quick to snatch him up.

Most underrated wr in fantasy football. Has the ability and situation to be in the running for top fantasy wr.

He is pretty much Rodgers' first read on every pass play. For whatever reason Rodgers loves this guy lol. I'll take it!

In one of my money leagues with people I E-know I traded

Jamaal Charles + Zac Stacy = Demaryious Thomas + Jordy Nelson

This was done the night after the draft.

Somebody raised a huge stink about it saying I made the other team far too good by giving them Charles/Stacy and no way were those WR's worth that much.

I'm never going to let him forget about all the crap he flung around. :)

Oh man, I managed to grab Jordy this year after landing Jimmy and Dez. Today was a good day ;-)

If Rodgers and Jordy stay fit this year he is guaranteed top 6. Yet his price kind of is still undervalued in drafts up to this year

Isn't this the same Jordy Nelson I saw get injured last year in the first quarter of a game due to........ running? He has more non-contact injuries that result in missed time than any top receiver I've ever seen (maybe Isaac Bruce in the early years). Just wait on it. Those hamstrings are tighter than a drum.

Last edited:
Just posting to show my love for Jordy. As long as he and Rogers are healthy he's top 5.

He's become a possession receiver with big play ability or a big play WR who can consistently move the chains. However you want to frame it. He's got size and YAC ability despite not seeming that quick or elusive. He's the clear #1 target for one of the best QBs in the game.

Complete package at WR. I think very highly of DT, Dez, AJ Green, etc. but right now I wouldn't trade Jordy straight up for any WR not named Calvin.

I'll tell you...I am absolutely tickled pink about my league where I went Calvin 1.03 and Jordy fell to me at 2.10 (12 team standard).

The guy is a stud among studs.

If Rodgers wants to man-crush him the way Cutler does with Marshall... :moneybag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he keeps his pace of 15 targets a week, white WRs get very little respect for some reason from NFL DBs. They may pay attention now.

Drafted him in every league and traded for him in every dynasty if I didnt already have him.

Just excited, carry on.

It's systematic ... if the run game is working early - go to it, go to it, go to it, ... lull them to sleep on the outside ... then boom A Rod to Jordy deep

He was my go to WR towards the mid-back end of the 2nd after the run on the "elites" was over. Looks like you couldn't have gone wrong with either him or Brown in that spot.

Could have been a monstrous day. Missed opportunity in the end zone and a long PI down the sideline. I did about 50 mocks and this guy was gone mid 2nd round in almost every 12 team non PPR I did. I thought I had no chance at getting him, thought Jeffrey would be gone too and was such a believer in Sanders that I was thinking I would reach/grab him at 2.12 or 3.01 because I felt he was a safer pick than the Cobb/Stacy types available. Let's say I was shocked to get Jordy/Jeffrey on the 2/3 swing and Sanders fell to me in the 5th. Just loaded at receiver and lovin' me some Jordy right now.

Could have been a monstrous day. Missed opportunity in the end zone and a long PI down the sideline. I did about 50 mocks and this guy was gone mid 2nd round in almost every 12 team non PPR I did. I thought I had no chance at getting him, thought Jeffrey would be gone too and was such a believer in Sanders that I was thinking I would reach/grab him at 2.12 or 3.01 because I felt he was a safer pick than the Cobb/Stacy types available. Let's say I was shocked to get Jordy/Jeffrey on the 2/3 swing and Sanders fell to me in the 5th. Just loaded at receiver and lovin' me some Jordy right now.
Your leaguemates will get nothing and LIKE IT!

I was just going to post this. There was also the well-defensed deep throw on the left side of the field where the DB got his arms up to block the football but Nelson had a step and was going for a big gain, at the least, if he came down with it. The PI call on the sideline was big, that was after a 10 yard holding penalty and they went to Nelson on back to back plays in the same spot to draw the PI.

I got Nelson 2.10 and was thrilled about it. Still am. :) Now hopefully Calvin (1.03) can look at least somewhat like Calvin on Sunday.

My friend was out of town during his 16 team dynasty league draft ( keep 4) and asked me to draft his team..... I got Jordy in round 4!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread