What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (4 Viewers)

I have some bad matchups next week, and a hurt McFadden. Terrifyingly, I am thinking about trading TRich for R. Jennings.

I understand how he is not a stud, but it is unfathomable that TRich is one of the worst running backs in the league. When thinking about who I am going to play, I often forget I have him on my team.

Shocking... talking heads coming in to pat eachother on the back yet again. Let's ignore what actually happened in the game today and pile on Richardson.
Come on now.

I am a T.Rich owner :bag: And he has been nothing short of horrible now. I came in here...defended him...thought he needed some time to adjust to the trade, change of playbook...etc etc etc.

There are no excuses anymore. And even though the team as a whole stunk up the entire place, his play has been consistent all season.

Bad.

I hope next year we see a turnaround.
Did you see the game yesterday? AP would have had single digit yards too on the plays Trich was given to run on.

I agree he's been horrible, but it seems people are just coming in here to beat their chest and pat each other on the back about how great it is that he's struggling and they dumped him for next to nothing.

:hophead: it's become the Pool mentality. I suppose it's best to just ignore it and not attempt to add any sort of real discussion.

Shocking... talking heads coming in to pat eachother on the back yet again. Let's ignore what actually happened in the game today and pile on Richardson.
Come on now.

I am a T.Rich owner :bag: And he has been nothing short of horrible now. I came in here...defended him...thought he needed some time to adjust to the trade, change of playbook...etc etc etc.

There are no excuses anymore. And even though the team as a whole stunk up the entire place, his play has been consistent all season.

Bad.

Did you see the game yesterday? AP would have had single digit yards too on the plays Trich was given to run on.

I agree he's been horrible, but it seems people are just coming in here to beat their chest and pat each other on the back about how great it is that he's struggling and they dumped him for next to nothing.

:hophead: it's become the Pool mentality. I suppose it's best to just ignore it and not attempt to add any sort of real discussion.
Just like EBF, you fail to see that you are doing the same exact thing on the opposite side.

:lmao: @ the AP reference. Like he's never made something out of nothing before.

Come on now.

Bad.

Just like EBF, you fail to see that you are doing the same exact thing on the opposite side.

:lmao: @ the AP reference. Like he's never made something out of nothing before.
Yeah, I come in here to talk about how happy I am that I got rid of a struggling player on a struggling offense that can't seem to run the ball. I could care less why their struggling and to hell with discussing it. Let's just talk about my fantasy team and what I got for him!

Come on now.

Bad.

Yeah, I come in here to talk about how happy I am that I got rid of a struggling player on a struggling offense that can't seem to run the ball. I could care less why their struggling and to hell with discussing it. Let's just talk about my fantasy team and what I got for him!
It's about as productive as giving every excuse in the book for him and saying AP would have done the same thing.

I think people just got clouded by he 13 tds his rookie season. This is a good sign for Browns fans. The new regime quickly realized Richardson was simply not a good back (3.6 ypc as a runner, terrible pass blocker) and were able to sell extremely high. It looks like TRich is simply not a good nfl running back. He has shown nothing to suggest he should be getting significant snaps behind Donald Brown.

how are teams doing that drafted t-rich?

the one team i have him on im 4-4-1.

I guess the main reason people are suriving with him is because of old bad the other first round rbs have been

spiller, richardson, martin, rice, stinko city

5/2/0 - hell of a line.

Irsay...

:fishy:

...is a guppy swimming in the NFL.

The Irsays traded the franchise in the 2nd largest city for the one in Baltimore. Then they destroy the Colts.

Then the Irsays were lucky to fall into Peyton Manning.

Then they tank for Luck.

And Irsay Jr. is a guy who was born on third but thinks he hit a triple.

And then brags about it. On Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

I guess the main reason people are suriving with him is because of old bad the other first round rbs have been

About to become 5-4

In spite of T.Rich being my number one pick in my only redraft.

Fortunatly....I have Bush, picked up Ellington and Andre Brown.....Have Lamar Miller coming on now....have Dez...so I have a shot. Just want to get in the playoffs....then anything can happen.

But my goodness....he will go down...as my biggest first round pick bust (and I don't count season ending injuries as busts...that's not on the field)....ever in a redraft. Just brutal.

My second biggest? You guessed it......The A-Train...Anthony Thomas.....his 2nd year coming off that great rookie campaign...took him 12th overall.....ooooff.

I am still not so sure he will not improve next season. So in dynasty I am holding (what other choice do I have unless I get an offer I can't refuse) and hoping for a big turnaround. I gotta believe Indy will address their OL big time this upcoming off-season. That is a major area of weakness....no doubt. That team is a sinking ship right now....to get blown out at home by the Rams...like that?

A loss like that can spiral this team into the top 15 draft picks.

5/2/0 - hell of a line.

Irsay...

:fishy:

...is a guppy swimming in the NFL.

The Irsays traded the franchise in the 2nd largest city for the one in Baltimore. Then they destroy the Colts.

Then the Irsays were lucky to fall into Peyton Manning.

Then they tank for Luck.

And Irsay Jr. is a guy who was born on third but thinks he hit a triple.

And then brags about it. On Twitter.
Can't disagree with that.....Irsay is a complete and utter tool of an owner.

But......Jury is still out on T.Rich. Next year......and then we will see. Still has plenty of physical talent. Still has a chance to be a productive RB.....I have seen plenty of late bloomers over my years watching football. He has the potential to be one of those next season.

This year.....lordie lordie lordie.

Pile on.......he has #### the bed.

Richardson now has 88 carries for 250 yards, an average of 2.8 yards a carry, in seven games as a Colt.

I'm not sure what has happened with Trent but he seemed to be a better RB early in 2012, the second game against Cincy to be exact.

He came into the league bruised up and then right before his rookie training camp he had knee surgery and missed the entire training camp and preseason. His first game, he looked rusty yet he still delivered the hit that flipped the lid off the Philly defender which produced the 'crown of helmet' rule. That second game he looked the part of a franchise RB breaking off a long scoring run and making a highlight reel reception for a TD. After you would have to ask what had he done to show he was a 'franchise' running back? :tumbleweed:

As a Browns fan I'm not gloating. I know this guy had 'it' for a brief time. I saw a very-good RB for a brief period of time but honestly didn't ever see that back again last year or this year.

Considering he did briefly flashed that potential but hasn't since that Bengal game I have to think his current struggles are a combination of injuries and pressure.

He probably won't ever be the same back but right now I do not think he's as bad as he's shown.

The trade made him the center of attention and packed pressure on him.

I'm sure his owners are beyond frustrated so I think he could be acuired at a bargain price right now.

I think next year the pressure will be off and he would have a shot to show he's not as bad as the RB we see now but I don't know what sort of upside to expect from Trent Richardson but I think the cost right now would be very low and although I don't know his upside I am confident the upside would be worth the sort of low investment it would cost to get him right now.

Dynasty ... sold him 3 weeks ago for DJackson and a 2014 2nd Rounder .... considering trying to reacquire him for Shorts (the new owner very frustrated -imagine that). I think with an offseason under his belt he might do better.

Didn't want to create a new thread, so placed here. I thought I was alone in thinking the below (see red).

It's tiresome hearing each and every week the broadcasts go on and on about Pagano's health issue. It sucks he had and glad he overcame it, but can they talk about anything positive he's brought coaching wise?

**No, I don't think Pagano's the reason Trentative looks like he's running in quicksand. I do blame him for not using Donald Brown more as he's clearly the more effective back right now. Give Richardson the offseason to shed some weight. He looks like a late career veteran with aboslutely no explosion out there right now (see Steven Jackson). He wouldn't be the first highly drafted RB in history to overcome a rough start to his career.

I'm already awaiting the "Trent's ankle held him back vs. the Rams". Which would be a nice follow up to the "We need to get him in space more". :lol:

----------------------------------

VIA ROTOWORLD:

Coach Chuck Pagano emerged from Sunday's blowout Week 10 loss to the Rams saying the Colts need to run the football more.
Instead of putting the ball in their elite franchise quarterback's hands. "We got to run better," Pagano said. "We got to be on the same page. Somehow, some way we have to be able to run the football. … It makes it difficult because you become one-dimensional. ... Our inability to run the football of late, it hurts your football team." It's hard to remember a 6-3 team over the past decade or so with more suspect coaching than the 2013 Colts.

Dynasty ... sold him 3 weeks ago for DJackson and a 2014 2nd Rounder .... considering trying to reacquire him for Shorts (the new owner very frustrated -imagine that). I think with an offseason under his belt he might do better.
Just sold him and Brown for Marcus Lattimore, Marquise Goodwin, and a 2015 1st rd pick in a devy (can draft college players) league. That's the only league I own Richardson. I may end up regretting that should the Colts ever build a strong OL, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Didn't want to create a new thread, so placed here. I thought I was alone in thinking the below (see red).

It's tiresome hearing each and every week the broadcasts go on and on about Pagano's health issue. It sucks he had and glad he overcame it, but can they talk about anything positive he's brought coaching wise?

**No, I don't think Pagano's the reason Trentative looks like he's running in quicksand. I do blame him for not using Donald Brown more as he's clearly the more effective back right now. Give Richardson the offseason to shed some weight. He looks like a late career veteran with aboslutely no explosion out there right now (see Steven Jackson). He wouldn't be the first highly drafted RB in history to overcome a rough start to his career.

I'm already awaiting the "Trent's ankle held him back vs. the Rams". Which would be a nice follow up to the "We need to get him in space more". :lol:

----------------------------------

VIA ROTOWORLD:

Coach Chuck Pagano emerged from Sunday's blowout Week 10 loss to the Rams saying the Colts need to run the football more.
Instead of putting the ball in their elite franchise quarterback's hands. "We got to run better," Pagano said. "We got to be on the same page. Somehow, some way we have to be able to run the football. … It makes it difficult because you become one-dimensional. ... Our inability to run the football of late, it hurts your football team." It's hard to remember a 6-3 team over the past decade or so with more suspect coaching than the 2013 Colts.
He's a bad head coach. Not in the top 5 of worst coaches (Philbin, Garrett, Frazier, Kubiak, Schiano) but top 10 for sure.

As a Colts fan, this season is tough to watch from a coaching perspective.

I get it that Pagano wants to be "smash mouth". However, they don't have the team to do so. They brought in an ill-prepared Hamilton as OC. Ill-prepared in that in college you get to recruit the players to fit your system. In the NFL, this takes time.

The Colts O line is not a good run blocking line. They lost a key part when Dwayne Allen went down. They can't replace his blocking skills this season.

The O line is weak in pass pro as well. And now that they have lost Allen and Wayne, the Defense is not worried about the passing game nearly as much as they were before.

Plus, the Colts are hell bent on establishing the run which gets them behind early.

They run in run formations and pass in pass formations. Way too predictable. I'm correct at least 8/10 times pre-snap as to what the play is. An NFL defensive staff would and does have a field day.

The problems with Richardson are more than

just him but he has been bad thus far.

I hope it changes but expect it won't this season.

As a Colts fan, this season is tough to watch from a coaching perspective.

I get it that Pagano wants to be "smash mouth". However, they don't have the team to do so. They brought in an ill-prepared Hamilton as OC. Ill-prepared in that in college you get to recruit the players to fit your system. In the NFL, this takes time.

The Colts O line is not a good run blocking line. They lost a key part when Dwayne Allen went down. They can't replace his blocking skills this season.

The O line is weak in pass pro as well. And now that they have lost Allen and Wayne, the Defense is not worried about the passing game nearly as much as they were before.

Plus, the Colts are hell bent on establishing the run which gets them behind early.

They run in run formations and pass in pass formations. Way too predictable. I'm correct at least 8/10 times pre-snap as to what the play is. An NFL defensive staff would and does have a field day.

The problems with Richardson are more than

just him but he has been bad thus far.

I hope it changes but expect it won't this season.
Great points.

I was impressed with the wins against tough teams like, Seattle, San Francisco, and Denver, where they had Wayne but were lining up in formation and just beat those teams but now the big missing piece is WR Reggie Wayne which severely limits viable receiving options. That will allow defenses to cheat defending the run and also allow them to double up on Hilton and put Luck under more pressure, especially if the run game continues to struggle.

I was baffled how the Colts were winning those earlier games. They weren't killing anyone but they were just getting by. However now with Wayne injured I think it will expose the weakness' that you have pointed out, that they are passing and running out of formation.

I think you nailed it. Losing Wayne really hurts.

I don't think anyone can possibly catch up with them in that division but you made some interesting points.

As a Colts fan, this season is tough to watch

from a coaching perspective.
I think this is a league wide issue. There is a terrible shortage of good coaching in the NFL these days.
It's really amazing to me. The old boys network is strong. Too many coaches feel like politicians in that they play it safe to be competitive but not too "out of the box" to reach true success or failure.

I think this is a league wide issue. There is a terrible shortage of good coaching in the NFLthese days.
It's really amazing to me. The old boys network is strong. Too many coaches feel like politicians in that they play it safe to be competitive but not too "out of the box" to reach true success or failure.
I wonder too if the money is so good in the college ranks that none of the top coaches there are all that interested in moving up to the NFL level - with all the headaches that brings.

I think this is a league wide issue. There is a terrible shortage of good coaching in the NFLthese days.
I wonder too if the money is so good in the college ranks that none of the top coaches there are all that interested in moving up to the NFL level - with all the headaches that brings.
that could be true. at this point, the pay raise from the top college programs to the NFL ranks really isn't worth the extra hours and stress.

Indianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson has something in common with Kim Kardashian -- 'cause someone's trying to cash in on a sex tape featuring the NFL star ... TMZ Sports has learned.We know ... someone is shopping explicit footage showing the former 1st round NFL Draft pick engaged in an orgy with at least 3 women.

The person who has the footage has already contacted various media outlets, including TMZ Sports ... but so far, no takers. We've seen the footage -- let's just say Trent's got a lot in common with the Colts mascot, if you catch our drift.

We contacted Trent's people for comment multiple times -- so far, no word back.
I'm curious enough to watch this tape. I want to see if he's slow to the hole there too.

Indianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson has something in common with Kim Kardashian -- 'cause someone's trying to cash in on a sex tape featuring the NFL star ... TMZ Sports has learned.We know ... someone is shopping explicit footage showing the former 1st round NFL Draft pick engaged in an orgy with at least 3 women.

The person who has the footage has already contacted various media outlets, including TMZ Sports ... but so far, no takers. We've seen the footage -- let's just say Trent's got a lot in common with the Colts mascot, if you catch our drift.

I'm curious enough to watch this tape. I want to see if he's slow to the hole there too.
More girls than his YPC. But he's indecisive as to which girl he wants.

last in my division... (20 team dynasty) but also in rebuild mode, not looking to win this year. Drafted Allen and Patterson this year. Patterson at 7, Allen at 15. (VERY happy with it) Cams my QB, who hasn't produced too well... very inconsistent. But I love him as my QB going into the future. Hopefully Carolina does something about their WR core... because jesus couldn't even save those WR's if they asked. :help:

Indianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson has something in common with Kim Kardashian -- 'cause someone's trying to cash in on a sex tape featuring the NFL star ... TMZ Sports has learned.

We know ... someone is shopping explicit footage showing the former 1st round NFL Draft pick engaged in an orgy with at least 3 women.

It's good to know that he screws something other than the pooch.

Indianapolis Colts running back Trent Richardson has something in common with Kim Kardashian -- 'cause someone's trying to cash in on a sex tape featuring the NFL star ... TMZ Sports has learned.

We know ... someone is shopping explicit footage showing the former 1st round NFL Draft pick engaged in an orgy with at least 3 women.

And fantasy teams.

We need to see how his vision is in finding the open holes.

He should be taking advantage of his 'celebrity' by living the life ..

The clock is ticking, he is among the worst RB's in the league, starter or practice squad and most likely won't have a job in the NFL in the not so distant future. So..

" Eat up buddy boy this is the meal ! "

This guy is an idiot. Low IQ player.
Because he slept with 3 women at the same time? Some would say high IQ...

I tell you what I'd do with a million dollars...two chicks at the same time. Always wanted to do that man.
Well you would need a million dollars to land the type of chicks who would double up on you.

And i've been meaning to talk to you becuse we need to talk about the TPS reports that have been missing from your posts. Also we gotta talk about your flair. Additionally I wouldn't 'jump to conclusions' about Trent's IQ he is a people person. He deals with PEOPLE and probably just wanted to show them his 'Oh oooooooh face' you know what I'm talking bout? Move a little to the left, yeah thats it, great.

Oh and remember Friday is Hawaiin shirt day. So, if you want to. Go ahead and wear jeans and a Hawaiin shirt. Yeah.

And remember, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton but I have to be honest, I love his music, I do. I'm a Michael Bolton fan.

For my money, I don't know if it gets any better than when he sings "When a Man Loves a Woman".

I used to be over by the window, and I could see the squirrels, and they were married, but then, they switched from the Swingline to the Boston stapler, but I kept my Swingline stapler because it didn't bind up as much, and I kept the staples for the Swingline stapler and it's not okay because if they take my stapler then I'll set the building on fire...

Users who are viewing this thread