What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trent Richardson Thread (2 Viewers)

This thread is hilarious. The really sad thing is there is not much more to be said about the player or situation. It's a hot mess.

The threesome is the best thing he's done all year. Giggity

This thread is hilarious. The really sad thing is there is not much more to be said about the player or situation. It's a hot mess.

The threesome is the best thing he's done all year. Giggity
Not much to say coming off a cake matchup, he sucks as hard as ever and Donald Brown has a career day. Jebus, at this point give the starting job to Brown, send Richardson to fat camp and let's try it again next year.

Trich got me 8.75 points in my money league, I think this is a high water mark for him. I have a feeling he get me 9 points next week. Moving on up :excited: :excited:

Last night was his 1st double digit scoring game since the Jacksonville game in week 13 in my PPR league

Trending up?

Man, I was wrong. Cleveland brass knew he sucked and fleeced the Colts. Congrats Clev fans, maybe you finally have some competent people running things!

jah77 said:
At this point, would you be cutting him to pickup "high end" handcuffs? (Kendall Hunter, Bryce Brown, Toeby Gerhart)?
I would if I still had him on my roster at this point. If you hold onto him he'll just be on your bench anyway (unless your desperate) so why not stash a bench player that could have a huge upside if things break the right way.
I would have kept him on the end of my bench, but dumped him mostly because of Indy's brutal schedule down the stretch. The sample size is large enough now, and I really don't see any upside for him to turn it around heading into these upcoming matchups. Glad to see someone else blew 4 bucks on him, dumped Kendall Hunter who I scooped up to handcuff to Gore. :hawkscreech:

Richardson is the black hole that sucks the life out the Colts offense. Like an umbrella that rains on the inside. The Colts offense is so much better when he's catching a breather on the sideline. His absense is addition by subtraction to every Colts skill player's fantasy value.

Richardson is the black hole that sucks the life out the Colts offense. Like an umbrella that rains on the inside. The Colts offense is so much better when he's catching a breather on the sideline. His absense is addition by subtraction to every Colts skill player's fantasy value.
I can't argue with any of this, spot on.

I hadn't watched this guy much this year, not much to see... but he looks like he hops up, losing any aggressiveness/momentum, as he meets the first level. Then he's pretty much toast, play over. I mean a guy tackled him when he was on his back for God's sake!! Earl Campbell would've used the guys face as a launching point and probably broken a couple bones on the way through. I'm not so sure how good Donald Brown is (surely underrated) but TRich make DB look downright explosive, with good vision. Maybe TRich is terribly in need of contacts or color blind, or eat some Skittles, skip a meal, something.

I hadn't watched this guy much this year, not much to see... but he looks like he hops up, losing any aggressiveness/momentum, as he meets the first level. Then he's pretty much toast, play over. I mean a guy tackled him when he was on his back for God's sake!! Earl Campbell would've used the guys face as a launching point and probably broken a couple bones on the way through. I'm not so sure how good Donald Brown is (surely underrated) but TRich make DB look downright explosive, with good vision. Maybe TRich is terribly in need of contacts or color blind, or eat some Skittles, skip a meal, something.
You nailed it Angry Pat.

One of the Browns beat writers noted he comes to a near-complete stop when he faces the first defender which allows trailing defenders to box him in and make the tackle.

Last year he was a different running back. He had forward momentum and would not stop but would use his incredible cutting ability to put defenders off balance and then power thru arm tackles if a defender even got a hand on him and then he'd plow into the second line of defenders or use a mad spin move to gain extra yards.

This year he lack that sort of forward momentum and then he loses whatever momentum he had when facing the first line of defense. This year he comes to a complete or a near-complete stop trying to make the first line of defenders miss which pretty much kills the play.

Many people are trying to figure this out but I think you nailed it.

It looks to me like he doesn't trust what he's seeing. "Running to darkness" as someone put it. Brown knows where the hole is going to be, and he explodes through it. I don't think this is going to get any better this season, but I wouldn't bet against him after a full offseason and training camp.

It looks to me like he doesn't trust what he's seeing. "Running to darkness" as someone put it. Brown knows where the hole is going to be, and he explodes through it. I don't think this is going to get any better this season, but I wouldn't bet against him after a full offseason and training camp.
Those are my thoughts.

Lost season.

If the same happens next year......bye bye Trent in the NFL.

What's puzzling to me is don't they coach the players to run to specific milestones, choreographing the line movement and splits, knowing where the cutback lanes are. We see it at home on our fat asses on the couch and this guy looks like he's completely lost as to making a split second decision in traffic. Like he needs to stop and think about it. Did the coaching make a mess of this guy, or did his mind become mush?

I was so so wrong on Richardson, and also on my initial opinion of the trade. This could go down as one of the greatest transactions in NFL history by the Browns, irrespective of who they end up drafting. And even if it's a fairly late pick, if they strike gold and get a franchise player, it's the type of deal we'll be hearing about forever.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was so so wrong on Richardson, and also on my initial opinion of the trade. This could go down as one of the greatest transactions in NFL history by the Browns, irrespective of who they end up drafting. And even if it's a fairly late pick, I'd they strike gold and get a franchise player, it's the type of deal we'll be hearing about forever.
Some folks already comparing it the the deal the Vikings did back in 89 for Hershel Walker. Hilarious to hear the Colts front office still defending their side of the Richardson deal. They need to be more like Jerry Jones and just admit they goofed.

I was so so wrong on Richardson, and also on my initial opinion of the trade. This could go down as one of the greatest transactions in NFL history by the Browns, irrespective of who they end up drafting. And even if it's a fairly late pick, I'd they strike gold and get a franchise player, it's the type of deal we'll be hearing about forever.
Some folks already comparing it the the deal the Vikings did back in 89 for Hershel Walker. Hilarious to hear the Colts front office still defending their side of the Richardson deal. They need to be more like Jerry Jones and just admit they goofed.
Oh god no.....this does not compare.

The Vikings were fleeced because they gave up so many picks....they were a huge factor in building the Cowboys dynasty of the early 90's.

All the Browns got was one first rounder. And I think we need one full off-season, OTA, and training camp and a full 2014 season before the final verdict.

But right now....obviously the Browns (if they make a great pick) are winning the trade.

It's only a late 1st. Look at how many late 1st's bust and consider that the Colts owe Richardson zero guaranteed money.

This could go down as one of the greatest transactions in NFL history by the Browns...
No, it won't come close. The Cowboys gave up two firsts for Joey Galloway, and a 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams - just off the top of my head - and those deals won't even be remembered.

I don't even think it's as bad as the Kolb deal, considering the money the Cards shelled out.

I tried to trade for Richardson in my dynasty league just a couple weeks ago and the more I think about it the more I'm glad he turned me down. Cleveland is the team that got the very best look at T-Rich and they traded him away. I know it's Cleveland but you would think lots of people in that organization were in agreement about not liking what they saw for them to pull off that move........

This could go down as one of the greatest transactions in NFL history by the Browns...
No, it won't come close. The Cowboys gave up two firsts for Joey Galloway, and a 1st and 3rd for Roy Williams - just off the top of my head - and those deals won't even be remembered.

I don't even think it's as bad as the Kolb deal, considering the money the Cards shelled out.
:goodposting:

A trade like this comes down to the money. Had they given up a 1st and owed him a lot of money it would be a bad trade, but they are only paying him $2.3M and $3.2M the next two years, non-guaranteed.

A trade like this comes down to the money. Had they given up a 1st and owed him a lot of money it would be a bad trade, but they are only paying him $2.3M and $3.2M the next two years, non-guaranteed.
Not a huge deal, but did his contract get changed with the trade? His rookie contract with Cleveland was fully guaranteed.

Not a huge deal, but did his contract get changed with the trade? His rookie contract with Cleveland was fully guaranteed.
Well, Cleveland already paid the guaranteed signing bonus themselves. It's just spread out over the cap for book-keeping purposes, the only real world money that's left is the salary that Indy now has to pay.

ConnSKINS26 said:
humpback said:
cstu said:
Concept Coop said:
RUSF18 said:

Well, Cleveland already paid the guaranteed signing bonus themselves. It's just spread out over the cap for book-keeping purposes, the only real world money that's left is the salary that Indy now has to pay.
Yes, but it wasn't just the signing bonus- the entire contract was guaranteed.

PFT:

In the eight games since the Colts shipped a first-round draft pick to Cleveland for running back Trent Richardson, they’ve gotten a whopping 96 carries for 272 yards worth of production out of him. Does that sound like it’s worth a first-round pick to you?

Colts coach Chuck Pagano admits that 2.8 yards a carry isn’t what he was hoping for from Richardson, but Pagano claims that Richardson isn’t doing anything wrong. Instead, Pagano thinks Richardson has just had some bad luck, although Pagano can’t quite explain why it keeps happening.

“I don’t know if he’s snake bit, I don’t know what the heck is going on,” Pagano said. “We’ll get it fixed. We’ll get the holes there. He’s making the right reads, he’s doing all the right things, he knows what to do. He played great without the ball, protection-wise, those things. His numbers are going to come. I’m not concerned about that.”

Pagano said that Richardson hasn’t always had holes to run through, and you can’t blame him for that.

“You look at Trent’s runs, for whatever reason, there’s penetration, a guy is pulling and falls down,” Pagano said. “There’s a guy in the backfield waiting there. He had some really good runs, plays that he made in space, screens, things like that he does a great job with. That’s going to come.”

Asked if the Colts have any buyer’s remorse for the Richardson trade, Pagano answered, “Absolutely not.” That’s a little hard to believe, as it becomes clearer and clearer that they’ve given up next year’s first-round pick for a running back who isn’t as good as the one they already had on the roster, Donald Brown.
There's NEVER room to run when Trent carries. There's ALWAYS room to run when Brown carries.

Yeah, just bad luck.

:mellow:

Credit the Browns with a good dump and being able to get a #1 pick in return.. RBs like Richardson are a dime a dozen in the NFL.

Have not heard much from Mike Holmgren as of late.

PFT:

In the eight games since the Colts shipped a first-round draft pick to Cleveland for running back Trent Richardson, they’ve gotten a whopping 96 carries for 272 yards worth of production out of him. Does that sound like it’s worth a first-round pick to you?Colts coach Chuck Pagano admits that 2.8 yards a carry isn’t what he was hoping for from Richardson, but Pagano claims that Richardson isn’t doing anything wrong. Instead, Pagano thinks Richardson has just had some bad luck, although Pagano can’t quite explain why it keeps happening.

“I don’t know if he’s snake bit, I don’t know what the heck is going on,” Pagano said. “We’ll get it fixed. We’ll get the holes there. He’s making the right reads, he’s doing all the right things, he knows what to do. He played great without the ball, protection-wise, those things. His numbers are going to come. I’m not concerned about that.”

Pagano said that Richardson hasn’t always had holes to run through, and you can’t blame him for that.

“You look at Trent’s runs, for whatever reason, there’s penetration, a guy is pulling and falls down,” Pagano said. “There’s a guy in the backfield waiting there. He had some really good runs, plays that he made in space, screens, things like that he does a great job with. That’s going to come.”

Asked if the Colts have any buyer’s remorse for the Richardson trade, Pagano answered, “Absolutely not.” That’s a little hard to believe, as it becomes clearer and clearer that they’ve given up next year’s first-round pick for a running back who isn’t as good as the one they already had on the roster, Donald Brown.
There's NEVER room to run when Trent carries. There's ALWAYS room to run when Brown carries.

Yeah, just bad luck.

It is an interesting comment from Pagano... do you think it's just "coach speak" and publicly handling T-Rich with kid gloves, or is he hinting (maybe thinking) that the guys up front play hard for Brown, but not so much for Richardson?

It did look a little Tecmo Bowlish on Thursday night. Maybe the play is an easier read for the defense when Brown's not in there?

It's coach-speak. It is as plain as day to everyone with two eyes that Richardson is awful, but the Colts aren't about to come out and say that.

PFT:

In the eight games since the Colts shipped a first-round draft pick to Cleveland for running back Trent Richardson, they’ve gotten a whopping 96 carries for 272 yards worth of production out of him. Does that sound like it’s worth a first-round pick to you?Colts coach Chuck Pagano admits that 2.8 yards a carry isn’t what he was hoping for from Richardson, but Pagano claims that Richardson isn’t doing anything wrong. Instead, Pagano thinks Richardson has just had some bad luck, although Pagano can’t quite explain why it keeps happening.

Yeah, just bad luck.

It is an interesting comment from Pagano... do you think it's just "coach speak" and publicly handling T-Rich with kid gloves, or is he hinting (maybe thinking) that the guys up front play hard for Brown, but not so much for Richardson?

It did look a little Tecmo Bowlish on Thursday night. Maybe the play is an easier read for the defense when Brown's not in there?
I don't think its simple coach speak.

His comments are more a matter of a coach knowing his place.

Coaches coach players and relish the chance to coach talented players. Coaches rarely, if ever, openly criticize the front office. That is not their job, they can be critical of a player but you won't hear them rip the move by the front office that got them the player or they won't be coaching very long.

The deal for Trent Ricahardson was rare so the microscope is on Trent and he's been bad so the Indy coaches will be asked about Richardson but if the coaches are asked about the deal they won't go there. Its not their bailywick.

Just focus in on what the coaches say about T-Rich, its clear they are losing faith.

The most recent comments by Pagano try to apologize for Trent but instead are pretty damning.

So why not start Donald Brown? :shrug:

The Colts would rather start in a hole every week instead risk hurting T-Rich's feelings?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread