What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Benny Cunningham, Rams RB (1 Viewer)

Where did you have him ranked among the RB class of '13?

Some scouting services I saw last year had him in the 40s and 50s for his position.

Who do you think leads STL in carries in 2014?
Let me check the kitchen cabinet :) I didn't like many of the small backs on last years class. With all the incomplete information, I had him ranked near/above the likes of Gio, Franklin, Ellington ect.. based on the possibility that he was a better measured athlete. He also had a great opportunity with the Rams depth chart. As an UDRFA he made the best of his situation. He was the Zac Stacy handcuff in my rookie rankings.

I don't know. In the Stacy vs Mason thread I said I was done trying to guess this situation. There are THREE starting caliber backs on the team. They have a coach who preferred D. Richardson over S-Jax and Stacy. The schedule I'd terrifying. I'd wait until later in the season when one of them isn't sharing carries to make a play. Gun to my head, Stacy is still the guy when it matters.

I don't know that I want to own anyone in this backfield at this point (and I own Stacy)
I agree. At this rate, this offense may only make it to the red zone a couple times a game. Here's to hoping Case Keenum can learn the offense quickly.

Pretty hard for Mason to get any touches when he's inactive there, bud.
Pretty hard to answer the guy's question without answering the guy's question there, bud.
Not like it was pointed out earlier in the thread that Mason was inactive or anything.
So you had Mason for some number other than zero touches? Because I got zero there.
Yup, 31 carries, 450 yards, eight touchdowns, and three two point conversions.

Rotoworld:

Benny Cunningham rushed two times for three yards in the Rams' Week 7 win over the Seahawks, adding five catches for 46 yards and one touchdown.

Cunningham got the start for the Rams, playing two plays on the opening-series three-and-out. It was then Tre Mason on early downs the rest of the afternoon, with Cunningham playing passing downs. Zac Stacy played just one snap. Cunningham is the best pass protector in the Rams' backfield, so he's going to have a weekly role as the No. 2. Mason is the new No. 1. Stacy can be dropped.

Oct 19 - 5:05 PM

Tre Mason looking really iffy with a hamstring injury. And Todd Gurley not ready. Benny Cunningham possible early season relevance?

How is possible to be starting Cunningham in week 1? It's week 1!!. No BYE's yet and you just drafted recently.
I went mostly WR early in the draft (ppr league) and waited on RB. I picked up Devanta freeman and duke johnson to go along with Alfred Morris and Matt Jones. Since Freeman and Johnson are injured and now 2nd fiddle in their respective backfields, that just left me with Jones. I figure a full starter (Cunningham) is better than a backup (Jones).

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering starting Bennie over Harvin in PPR. At this point going with Harvin.
Im in non PPR league for my receivers and already have Mike Evans on the shelf. I could go with Charles Johnson or go with Benny. Think I'm going to roll the dice with the latter since I'm rolling the dice eitehr way,.

How is possible to be starting Cunningham in week 1? It's week 1!!. No BYE's yet and you just drafted recently.
I ####### hate posts like this with a passion. Some of us play in large leagues...16 teams. Not a lot of RB depth in those leagues. I'm starting Cunningham due to Blounts 1 game suspension and get aced out of Lewis for waivers.
Yeah, dumb post. Lots of variables between leagues and RB was thin.

Im thinking of Benny in the flex. Yeah, I could slot in a #3 WR too but think I'd rather try the RB.

WR Brian Quick is out, too. Gonna be tough for Benny to run today, but he might see a ton of receiving targets.

Tossed him into some DFS lineups today and used the savings elsewhere. Only $3000 on DraftKings, and I think he could pull down a handful of receptions. Go Benny Go!

Ugh. Benny can't find success in on the ground against a top flight D, but in PPR, and as the only starting back, he will see touches and get catches, potentially making him a solid flex option.

Can't decide what to do here, as even with the low chance of success, the volume he will see makes him an intriguing play. I think it he's more likely fool's gold.

He's still unrostered in both my leagues. Seems odd. He's projected to score more points than a few of my starters, but his long term value seems quite low, so can't foresee picking him up.

He's still unrostered in both my leagues. Seems odd. He's projected to score more points than a few of my starters, but his long term value seems quite low, so can't foresee picking him up.
This was the dilemma. You're going to have to make the call whether to sacrifice depth for better odds at winning this week. In a league where I have good RB depth but several out or not starting (Bell, Blount, Spiller, Abdullah, Duke) I dropped my weakest (Duke) to pick him up to improve my odds of winning.

This was the dilemma. You're going to have to make the call whether to sacrifice depth for better odds at winning this week. In a league where I have good RB depth but several out or not starting (Bell, Blount, Spiller, Abdullah, Duke) I dropped my weakest (Duke) to pick him up to improve my odds of winning.
Had no depth after drafting Gurley and Martavis, today was good enough for me.

Cunningham looked pretty darn good vs. Cowboys - I know its preseason but he showed a burst that I did not think he had - may take a late round flier on him if available.

Cunningham looked pretty darn good vs. Cowboys - I know its preseason but he showed a burst that I did not think he had - may take a late round flier on him if available.
Yeah, I thought the same thing.  Cunningham showed a nice burst and an ability to run through tackles.  I came away impressed.

The Athletic's Daniel Popper believes Benny Cunningham has an inside track for a roster spot.

Cunningham was signed for his special teams, but he has the pass-catching skills to play the T.J. Yeldon role in Jacksonville's offense. His roster chances increased with fifth-round RB Ryquell Armstrong (leg) sidelined. Alfred Blue, Thomas Rawls, and UDFA Taj McGowan are the Jaguars only other healthy backs behind Leonard Fournette.

SOURCE: The Athletic

Jun 21, 2019, 6:12 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread