Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Demaryius Thomas, Free Agent

8 minutes ago, sgtrobo said:

i have DT, the Hilton owner offered the trade

I'm going to go for it

run, don't walk...

I have Hilton.  Been a bust so far.  Benn playing at a WR3 level.  For teams that like to win...

Edited by zoonation

6 minutes ago, zoonation said:

I have Hilton.  Been a bust so far.  Benn playing at a WR3 level.  For teams that like to win...

[tangent]

Here are Hilton's weekly scores in PPR:

last week was bust-y for sure ;) but every other week has been solid, and his two goose-egg weeks he was hurt, so I started someone else, of course. He hasn’t really lost me any games and has been a solid WR2 from where I drated him in the early 5th round in my dynasty start up. I wouldn’t call him a "bust" though. 

[/tangent]

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, joey said:

[tangent]

Here are Hilton's weekly scores in PPR:

last week was bust-y for sure ;) but every other week has been solid, and his two goose-egg weeks he was hurt, so I started someone else, of course. He hasn’t really lost me any games and has been a solid WR2 from where I drated him in the early 5th round in my dynasty start up. I wouldn’t call him a "bust" though. 

[/tangent]

I guess....

On 10/30/2018 at 1:35 PM, joey said:

I'm feeling like DT's value doesn't move much with this trade. Thoughts?

Agreed.  He has lost a ton of speed and he drops too may balls now.  As a Broncos fan, I will always be grateful for the TD catch against the Steelers and 2012-2015, but I was not sad to see him go. 

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Can be dropped in all formats.

Pulled Trequan Smith for DT at the last minute. :hot:

Yeah I suck at setting lineups. Won't see my starting lineup again. 

13 hours ago, Ranethe said:

Pulled Trequan Smith for DT at the last minute. :hot:

Yeah I suck at setting lineups. Won't see my starting lineup again. 

I played Thomas over DJ Moore.   I am sad?

Demaryius Thomas caught 4-of-5 targets for 38 yards and two touchdown in the Texans' 34-17, Week 12 win over the Titans on Monday night.

The touchdowns were Thomas' first two with the Texans in his third game with the team. It was a much-needed breakout for the veteran after combining for three catches and 61 scoreless yards on four targets across his first two games. Thomas scored from 12 yards out in the first quarter, beating Adoree Jackson, and added a 10-yard score in the fourth quarter to put the game out of reach. Thomas' volume is still real low, but he'll be a WR3 next week vs. Cleveland.

Edited by The Frankman

"Demaryius Thomas caught 4-of-5 targets for 38 yards and two touchdown"...on our benches. 

3 hours ago, joey said:

"Demaryius Thomas caught 4-of-5 targets for 38 yards and two touchdown"...on our benches. 

Did you start T.Y. Hilton?

Texans placed Demaryius Thomas (Achilles') on injured reserve.

The injury ends a disappointing season for Thomas, who scuffled through eight games with the Broncos before failing to make a real impact after the Texans traded a fourth-round pick for him at the end of October. He finishes his season with 59 catches for 677 yards and five touchdowns. Already on the decline, this Achilles' injury is a major concern for Thomas' career. Houston will almost certainly cut the 31-year-old this spring.

Source: Houston Chronicle 

Dec 25 - 9:49 AM

Demaryius Thomas (Achilles') said he is "not thinking about retirement."

"My main priority right now is getting back healthy," Thomas said. "I can still play, man. ... I just don't know where it will be." Considering he is 31, coming off a serious injury, and owed $14 million in 2019, it is unlikely Thomas will be back with the Texans unless he is willing to take a significant pay cut. Already on the decline before this injury, Thomas is unlikely to get much guaranteed money if he hits the open market.

Source: Houston Chronicle 

Jan 7 - 9:37 AM

28 minutes ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

probably the end of the road......too bad guy was a beast

Yes, he's probably done, but I'm glad his mother was able to be released from prison and got to see him play.

Free agent WR Demaryius Thomas was treated for minor injuries after rolling over his vehicle in Denver early Saturday morning.

Thomas and two others were hospitalized following the accident, which occurred around 12:20 AM local time. A female passenger was treated for "possible" serious injuries, though none were considered life-threatening. The crash is still being investigated, though police don't believe drugs or alcohol were involved. It's been a rough week for Thomas, who was let go by the Texans five days ago. Coming off a torn Achilles, it may be a while before the 31-year-old resurfaces.

SOURCE: USA Today

Feb 17, 2019, 7:48 AM

I'm picking him up if he gets dropped in Dynasty.  This could easily be a Patriots reclimation project if rehab goes well enough.  He's not that old, and his style tends age fairly well.

Hes worth nothing right now, but getting added to a team like the Patriots, Saints or Eagles... 

On 2/12/2019 at 11:09 AM, JohnnyU said:

Yes, he's probably done, but I'm glad his mother was able to be released from prison and got to see him play.

It feels like he didn’t play all that long. 

43 minutes ago, kittenmittens said:

I'm picking him up if he gets dropped in Dynasty.  This could easily be a Patriots reclimation project if rehab goes well enough.  He's not that old, and his style tends age fairly well.

Hes worth nothing right now, but getting added to a team like the Patriots, Saints or Eagles... 

People would be crazy to drop him. As an Eagles fan I would welcome him with open arms. 

Updating a previous report, Demaryius Thomas was driving 70 MPH in a 30 MPH zone when he crashed, resulting in an arrest for vehicular assault.

The vehicular assault charge is a felony, while the reckless driving and no proof of insurance charges are misdemeanors. After going more than twice the speed limit, Thomas' car hit the median, resulting in the car going airborne. Thomas' passengers were transported to the hospital, but the free agent only had minor injuries. This incident can't be helping his torn Achilles rehab and free agency stock.

SOURCE: CBS Denver

Feb 28, 2019, 8:39 PM