What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Demaryius Thomas (3 Viewers)

My son died unexpectedly in his sleep shortly after his 3rd birthday in 2015 due to a suspected febrile seizure (this was the best guess). Shows you never know how much time you have on this earth and you had better appreciate every blessed day of it. 

RIP DT
Very sorry dickey

Damn. This hits hard in multiple ways. DT was one of my favorite receivers. Loved his story, the fact that he came back from a devastating Achilles injury, the runaway reception from Tebow against the Steelers in the playoffs, plus he seemed like a pretty good dude.

My son died unexpectedly in his sleep shortly after his 3rd birthday in 2015 due to a suspected febrile seizure (this was the best guess). Shows you never know how much time you have on this earth and you had better appreciate every blessed day of it. 

RIP DT

This saddens me so much.  I don't know you but I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. 

Damn. This hits hard in multiple ways. DT was one of my favorite receivers. Loved his story, the fact that he came back from a devastating Achilles injury, the runaway reception from Tebow against the Steelers in the playoffs, plus he seemed like a pretty good dude.

RIP DT
That is tragic beyond my comprehension dickey moe.  Thank you for sharing. 

I've been going back & forth in my mind about whether he should be in Canton.  He had 5 straight years of 1,000 yards receiving, and topped 10 touchdown receptions 3 years in a row.  From 2012 to 2017, he didn't miss a game.  He set a lot of Broncos franchise records, so I don't see why he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

RIP DT
dickey, I'm sorry. At the risk of being untoward, I remember hearing about this from Tanner/insert funny alias in the GMTAN thread what seems like ages ago. Always felt weird saying something because you'd never brought it up, but I did anyway once. Glad you can write about it now. 

What was his name, your son, if you're at all inclined to say it? 

If not, I'll pause to think of DT and him. This time on earth is so fleeting, as you remind us. It's precious in untold ways and those of us left behind at times are not as rich for the absence, but we try and get along anyway, hoping to come to an understanding that makes it bearable. 

RIP

Last edited by a moderator:
dickey, I'm sorry. At the risk of being untoward, I remember hearing about this from Tanner/insert funny alias in the GMTAN thread what seems like ages ago. Always felt weird saying something because you'd never brought it up, but I did anyway once. Glad you can write about it now. 

What was his name, your son, if you're at all inclined to say it? 

If not, I'll pause to think of DT and him. This time on earth is so fleeting, as you remind us. It's precious in untold ways and those of us left behind at times are not as rich for the absence, but we try and get along anyway, hoping to come to an understanding that makes it bearable. 

RIP
Thanks rock. It has become a little easier to discuss with the passage of time. His name was/is Raef and we miss him. 

I've been going back & forth in my mind about whether he should be in Canton.  He had 5 straight years of 1,000 yards receiving, and topped 10 touchdown receptions 3 years in a row.  From 2012 to 2017, he didn't miss a game.  He set a lot of Broncos franchise records, so I don't see why he shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.
Because he shouldn't be.

Thanks rock. It has become a little easier to discuss with the passage of time. His name was/is Raef and we miss him. 
Thanks, dickey. Not sure why I asked other than to say this:

RIP Raef

Maybe I was hoping that your grief had eased, actually. I hope seeing his name memorializes him in some way for you and brings back something good -- a memory, a feeling. 

Bless you and yours, man. 

He was a very good player but zero all pro teams, four pro-bowls and never leading his position group in any major, or minor, statistical category in any season doesn't seem to qualify for HoF consideration. IMH(and deeply respectful)O

Report: Demaryius Thomas still nursing sore shoulder

By Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

Demaryius Thomas' shoulder separation didn't prevent him from setting a Super Bowl record with 13 receptions.

The injury is, however, keeping him from joining his fellow receivers at Duke University for Peyton Manning's offseason workouts this week, according to Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com.

The Broncos have played coy with details on the injury. It's believed to have occurred on a vicious hit from Kam Chancellor early in Super Bowl XLVIII.

Reporters noticed Thomas needed help rolling his bag to the luggage cart the next morning.

It's clear now that this was not a minor injury.

We will have a better idea of Thomas' status once Broncos' spring practices begin and offseason training activities start in late May.

In the latest edition of the "Around The League Podcast", the guys begin the offseason Roster Reset series with the AFC West and dive into the ATL mailbag..
Remembering Chris Wesseling while remembering Demaryius Thomas.

Users who are viewing this thread