What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (5 Viewers)

I just went out and just stood outside a bit to enjoy the nice weather and clear skies. It's a shame we can't take advantage of it. A rainy day would do wonders to knock it down. But we are mired in this drought that has us not seeing an inch of rain since October. So all the conditions are in place to keep the pollen count miserable.
This is a shot from last year, but it looks about the same now.  Some poeple thought it was smoke and called the fire department.

Had a new one on the way to work this morning.  People making bad decisions due to other people making bad decisions due to other people making bad decisions.

School bus went into an interstion it was obviously not geting to get through due to stopped traffic, a turning bus then went into the interstion even though it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere (making a T with the first bus).  We now have 2 busses just sitting in the intersection.  Car drives up the oncoming traffic lane to make a left by cutting behind the second bus, at the same time a car going the opposite direction tried to turn from the other side of the bus (both cars turned to head west).  Neither car could see the other due to the bus.  They came a foot from crashing into each other.  

Had a new one on the way to work this morning.  People making bad decisions due to other people making bad decisions due to other people making bad decisions.

School bus went into an interstion it was obviously not geting to get through due to stopped traffic, a turning bus then went into the interstion even though it was obvious he wasn't going anywhere (making a T with the first bus).  We now have 2 busses just sitting in the intersection.  Car drives up the oncoming traffic lane to make a left by cutting behind the second bus, at the same time a car going the opposite direction tried to turn from the other side of the bus (both cars turned to head west).  Neither car could see the other due to the bus.  They came a foot from crashing into each other.  
Diagram of this?

In 1/2 mile stretch of road in my town you have This sequence. Speed limit 35. "School Zone: Speed Limit 25". Speed limit 35. Speed limit 25. Speed limit 35. "School Zone : Speed Limit 15 when children present". Speed limit 35.

I think the bold was put in place because of some rough railroad tracks but then that left the the italicized stretch as like 400 feet. Why not just make it 25 throughout and eliminate any confusion? Also what exactly does children present mean? Like if there are kids on the soccer field 200 feet away are they present? 

One of the advantages of living here is suppose to be the winter weather. 71 degrees today. Am I out enjoying it? No. Why? Because the mountain cedar pollen is ever so slightly elevated a TWENTY-EIGHT THOUSAND. A reading of 500 is considered high. But... TWENTY-EIGHT THOUSAND. If my wife steps outside, she'd spontaneously combust. Ain't no way I'm cleaning up that mess.
Zyrtec d works wonders for me. 

I've got one: plumbers leaving sewer lines open while not present in a building under construction. It's bad enough when they're here working on it, but there's no working AC yet, it's fairly warm(it's Florida, it's always warm), and one of the last things I want to deal with is getting hit directly in the nose with a wall smelling of ###. Plug that stuff up when you're not here!

Are we OK with the guy who only smells up a small portion, though?  
Yes...own personal space is cool.  But if you’re on the treadmill and I’m thrashing bench presses 50 feet away we have a problem.  

Last edited by a moderator:
When your phone sees you spell something wrong and puts a red line under it instead of just fixing it when it knows what you meant.

I just typed the word "suppsed" by accident and it put a red line under it.  When I click on it, it only gives one choice.  #####, if you only think it could be one thing, than just change it.  Meanwhile, with 'some' and 'done' you're so quick to assume.   :rant:

The contractor in my office who, when I use my default greeting in the morning of "hey, how you doing'?", proceeds to list out all of his ailments and pains. I've had to shorten it to "morning" to avoid the conversation.

Local TV news stations sending out reporters when we have a snow storm coming.  They drive around a broadcast from their vehicle showing the roads.  JFC, it's snow and we live in the Midwest....
On the same note, we had snow in the forecast last week and school closings. I'm watching a game of some kind.

The local news station has scrolling bars on the top AND bottom of my TV.  All effing day. Reduced my viewing area by 10% at least.

HEY NEWS PEOPLE WE KNOW ITS SNOWING AND WE ARE ALL INSIDE ANYWAY AND IT'S 2020 FOR CRISSAKES SO ANYTHING WE WOULD EVER GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GO DO IS GONNA SEND ME A NOTIFICATION TO MY PHONE OH AND BY THE WAY I CAN ALSO SEARCH ON THAT MINI COMPUTER IN MY HAND AND FIND OUT WITHIN SECONDS THE WEATHER AND WHATEVER MIGHT BE CLOSED SO WAKE UP AND REALIZE YOUR DATA IS USELESS AT THIS POINT AND GIMME MY VIEWING AREA BACK!!!!!!

On the same note, we had snow in the forecast last week and school closings. I'm watching a game of some kind.

The local news station has scrolling bars on the top AND bottom of my TV.  All effing day. Reduced my viewing area by 10% at least.

HEY NEWS PEOPLE WE KNOW ITS SNOWING AND WE ARE ALL INSIDE ANYWAY AND IT'S 2020 FOR CRISSAKES SO ANYTHING WE WOULD EVER GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND GO DO IS GONNA SEND ME A NOTIFICATION TO MY PHONE OH AND BY THE WAY I CAN ALSO SEARCH ON THAT MINI COMPUTER IN MY HAND AND FIND OUT WITHIN SECONDS THE WEATHER AND WHATEVER MIGHT BE CLOSED SO WAKE UP AND REALIZE YOUR DATA IS USELESS AT THIS POINT AND GIMME MY VIEWING AREA BACK!!!!!!
Be cool if there was an option to turn it off.  Seems impossible though

Local TV news stations sending out reporters when we have a snow storm coming.  They drive around a broadcast from their vehicle showing the roads.  JFC, it's snow and we live in the Midwest....
Same here in the east.  And it's even funnier when it's a big snow and the reporters in the van are saying to "Stay off the roads unless it's an emergency because it's very dangerous out right now."  Oh yeah?  That get the hell off the roads.  You don't need to drive around in the snow to tell me that.  We'll all believe you if you tell us that from the studio.  

Same here in the east.  And it's even funnier when it's a big snow and the reporters in the van are saying to "Stay off the roads unless it's an emergency because it's very dangerous out right now."  Oh yeah?  That get the hell off the roads.  You don't need to drive around in the snow to tell me that.  We'll all believe you if you tell us that from the studio.  
My favorite one of all time.

They do that here in the rain.  WTF?  Do they think we don't know what rain looks like?  Maybe they are practicing for snow in Houston.

What's with the people who come to a red light or stop sign and stop way in front of the white line?  More so at red lights.  What are they thinking?  Where I live in PA, there are a lot of tight roads that buses and trucks use.  And there will always be someone who goes right past the sign that says "STOP HERE ON RED" and stop up at the intersection.  Like two car lengths from the line.  And then a bus will come and try to make a turn but be blocked by that idiot.  He'll then have to back up, but everyone has blown past that sign, so everyone has to skooch back a foot at a time until finally the bus can make the turn.  Usually by this point, the light has cycled and we'll have missed our green.

And then the real big brain idiots will pull the best move:  Once the bus clears them, they'll pull back up to the intersection again as if they didn't just realize what the hell happened 2 seconds ago. :hot:

What's with the people who come to a red light or stop sign and stop way in front of the white line?  More so at red lights.  What are they thinking?  Where I live in PA, there are a lot of tight roads that buses and trucks use.  And there will always be someone who goes right past the sign that says "STOP HERE ON RED" and stop up at the intersection.  Like two car lengths from the line.  And then a bus will come and try to make a turn but be blocked by that idiot.  He'll then have to back up, but everyone has blown past that sign, so everyone has to skooch back a foot at a time until finally the bus can make the turn.  Usually by this point, the light has cycled and we'll have missed our green.

And then the real big brain idiots will pull the best move:  Once the bus clears them, they'll pull back up to the intersection again as if they didn't just realize what the hell happened 2 seconds ago. :hot:
The guy that pisses me off is the guy in a left hand turn lane. I'm in the right lane at the stoplight trying to turn right. So I'll inch up beyond that guy so I can see who is coming.

Then THAT ##### will move up, blocking my view. So I inch up again so I can see past the front of his car so I can turn. Then that ##### does it again. What the hell.

The guy that pisses me off is the guy in a left hand turn lane. I'm in the right lane at the stoplight trying to turn right. So I'll inch up beyond that guy so I can see who is coming.

Then THAT ##### will move up, blocking my view. So I inch up again so I can see past the front of his car so I can turn. Then that ##### does it again. What the hell.
Are we related?

That, and stopping 2-3 car lengths behind the car in front of them.  I'm not saying you should tailgate, because if you get hit from behind you don't want to slam into the guy in front of you, but come on.... 

When you go to pump gas but there’s something wrong with the handle and if you try to pump at full throttle it just clicks and stops so you have to find some middle ground and hold it steady and then you just get a trickle of gas and you keep trying to squeeze just a tad harder but then you go to far and have to repeat the whole process over and it takes like 5 times as long to pump your gas

normally I leave and go somewhere else but I cashed in Kroger points and had $0.75/ gallon discount 

That, and stopping 2-3 car lengths behind the car in front of them.  
This drives me ####ing crazy. People are so oblivious about the ripple effect behind them.  I'm too drunk right now to really get into this with examples but I see it all the time.

This is very much a "get off my lawn" pet peeve.

But

I am all done with college kids posting on Linkedin:

"I am pleased to announce I have accepted a position as coffee maker and gopher for Joe Schmo enterprises.  Very excited to embark on my career....yadda yadda yadda"

This whole "announcement" thing bugs me...

This is very much a "get off my lawn" pet peeve.

But

I am all done with college kids posting on Linkedin:

"I am pleased to announce I have accepted a position as coffee maker and gopher for Joe Schmo enterprises.  Very excited to embark on my career....yadda yadda yadda"

This whole "announcement" thing bugs me...
"HEY... LOOK AT ME!" syndrome.

Why do escalators always break down?  This is not a new technology.  I've been using escalators all my life.  Why can't they make them more durable?  

This is probably the third or fourth time I've posted this here, but goshdarnit it keeps happening and it helps for me to vent.  :lol:

People... please do not watch videos, etc. with the sound up on your phone in public places.

This happens to me nearly on a daily basis at lunch at fast food joints.

Today this guy's phone was so loud you could hear it in the entire restaurant.  And this particular joint had music playing on overhead speakers and you could still hear this jackwad's phone.  Oh, and it was in Spanish.  

W

T

F

:rant:

Got a new one. I use an iPad for everything, on it now. Well if I’m browsing something with my wife, maybe we’re searching for something on Amazon, instead of just pointing at the desired item she will actually touch the screen. So I’m scrolling, she physically touches the screen, which sends the browser into this huge mess of opening and shutting and all kinds of undesired inputs. Point of the story, just point, don’t touch. 

Got a new one. I use an iPad for everything, on it now. Well if I’m browsing something with my wife, maybe we’re searching for something on Amazon, instead of just pointing at the desired item she will actually touch the screen. So I’m scrolling, she physically touches the screen, which sends the browser into this huge mess of opening and shutting and all kinds of undesired inputs. Point of the story, just point, don’t touch. 
how close does your finger have to get to the screen in order for the iPad to respond??

Users who are viewing this thread