What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (5 Viewers)

bigmarc27 said:
Got a new one. I use an iPad for everything, on it now. Well if I’m browsing something with my wife, maybe we’re searching for something on Amazon, instead of just pointing at the desired item she will actually touch the screen. So I’m scrolling, she physically touches the screen, which sends the browser into this huge mess of opening and shutting and all kinds of undesired inputs. Point of the story, just point, don’t touch. 
there is this thing you can use to go "back"

"Experts" who claim that getting only six hours of sleep per night is just as bad as getting no sleep at all.

People who spend two minutes backing their car into a spot and almost hit my car in the adjacent spot, to avoid spending 15 seconds backing out of the spot later with no risk at all to adjacent cars.  Bonus peeve points for those who make the decision whether to back in completely based on what the surrounding cars have done.

"Experts" who claim that getting only six hours of sleep per night is just as bad as getting no sleep at all.

People who spend two minutes backing their car into a spot and almost hit my car in the adjacent spot, to avoid spending 15 seconds backing out of the spot later with no risk at all to adjacent cars.  Bonus peeve points for those who make the decision whether to back in completely based on what the surrounding cars have done.
I back in only in certain places.  Church, for example.  Much easier to back in to the spot before, than after in traffic of cars and people leaving at the same time.

But yeah, the people who back in regardless of situation...very annoying. (especially when they suck at it and end up super close on their passenger side.

I believe those are mostly Chevys.  And I hate that.
Walking through the daycare parking lot is just ridiculous. Half the cars running and backed in to spots with headlights on lights, backing lights on from cars that dont even have people in them and since 10 other cars are running it isnt like you can tell by noise that it is running. 

They all suck. 

The new high waisted jean craze.  

Used to be a hot girl sat down and once in a while you could see her underwear poking up over her jeans.   Always a nice little peek.

Now...Gone.   
I hated them when Jennifer Anniston wore them on Friends.  If they didn't work for her, they won't work for anyone.

Backing in should be prohibited, unless no one else is delayed by the process. If you fail to back in correctly the first attempt, your parking space should be forfeited as well.

People who pull through to park the wrong direction in angled parking lots.  What is the point. You now either have to drive the wrong way to leave, or make a 130 degree turn when the drive aisle was not designed for such turn, and the people parking correctly now need to look out for your stupid ### when they pull out.   For some reason I am seeing more and more of this lately.

This is just a "my wife and daughter" thing, but it fits here.  No one else will have this problem, but it's a pet peeve of mine.  And since they outnumber me, they think I'm the weird one on this even though I'm clearly the sane one.

Our family loves ice cream.  We buy a carton of ice cream, it might be gone an hour after getting it home.  So we usually buy like 3 cartons of ice cream.  These two will scoop out ice cream from a new carton and then if they get more ice cream the next day, open a new carton.  I'll go in and there will be three opened cartons that are a quarter filled with ice cream.  When I ask why they don't finish the first carton before moving onto the next carton, they say they prefer the "fresh" ice cream.  :mellow:

Apparently, the top layer of the ice cream becomes... actually, I'd love to explain what happens but I don't get it.  It was opened yesterday.  And it was all bought at the same time.  It's not like the opened carton is a month older than the unopened carton.  

They look at me like I'm weird because I don't get what they're saying.  

This is just a "my wife and daughter" thing, but it fits here.  No one else will have this problem, but it's a pet peeve of mine.  And since they outnumber me, they think I'm the weird one on this even though I'm clearly the sane one.

Our family loves ice cream.  We buy a carton of ice cream, it might be gone an hour after getting it home.  So we usually buy like 3 cartons of ice cream.  These two will scoop out ice cream from a new carton and then if they get more ice cream the next day, open a new carton.  I'll go in and there will be three opened cartons that are a quarter filled with ice cream.  When I ask why they don't finish the first carton before moving onto the next carton, they say they prefer the "fresh" ice cream.  :mellow:

Apparently, the top layer of the ice cream becomes... actually, I'd love to explain what happens but I don't get it.  It was opened yesterday.  And it was all bought at the same time.  It's not like the opened carton is a month older than the unopened carton.  

It's like being the first one to use the peanut butter.

There's just something cool about it. Sorry. 

It is actually easier to get the ice cream out the first time because there are no ice crystals.

In the future after the first time put the ice cream in the freezer upside down. This will minimize that issue.

I'm also guessing they move on to the next one because it is harder to get the last third out of the carton than it is the first third.  We don't go through as much ice cream in our house, but I know when there is barely less ice cream left than anyone wants to have, it will sit in the freezer until I eat it.  No one wants to have to work to get that ice cream out of the corners of a carton.

Just like no one wants to eat the last few chips in a bag of Doritos so it will sit in the cupboard indefinitely.

Same with the cereal with one bowl left and a bunch of crumbs.

No one eats these things because it also means you have the added chore of actually having to throw away the package.

One time I confronted my youngest who was putting away a bag of Doritos with what I could tell was nothing but crumbs left.  I asked him if he was actually ever going to eat those.  He said of course.  No problem, my trap was set.  The next time I found him looking for a snack, I suggested Doritos.  Pulled out the bag, opened it up, showed him what was left.  He gave me a resigned look, took the bag from me, and threw it in the trash.  WAS THAT SO HARD?

I'm also guessing they move on to the next one because it is harder to get the last third out of the carton than it is the first third.  We don't go through as much ice cream in our house, but I know when there is barely less ice cream left than anyone wants to have, it will sit in the freezer until I eat it.  No one wants to have to work to get that ice cream out of the corners of a carton.

Just like no one wants to eat the last few chips in a bag of Doritos so it will sit in the cupboard indefinitely.

Same with the cereal with one bowl left and a bunch of crumbs.

No one eats these things because it also means you have the added chore of actually having to throw away the package.

One time I confronted my youngest who was putting away a bag of Doritos with what I could tell was nothing but crumbs left.  I asked him if he was actually ever going to eat those.  He said of course.  No problem, my trap was set.  The next time I found him looking for a snack, I suggested Doritos.  Pulled out the bag, opened it up, showed him what was left.  He gave me a resigned look, took the bag from me, and threw it in the trash.  WAS THAT SO HARD?
Put the Dorito bits over the top of vanilla ice cream. BAM - new flavor!!

numb nutz who insist on chiming in with the folksy "oh, it's probably from the change of weather" bull#### when addressing someone with a cold or the sniffles, etc.

BACTERIA AND VIRUSES CAUSE THESE ISSUES, NOT THE TEMPERATURE DROPPING TO THE MID 30s FROM THE LOW 50s

:deadhorse:
Or going outside with wet hair, or without a coat, MOM!

mine like to put empty containers back in the fridge.  open fridge door, pour drink until container empty, put container back in fridge.

if the container exits the fridge and moves to another room.. say the living room, dining room, whatever. that's where the empty container stays.  for forever.

i've tested this timeline. there doesn't seem to be a top end time limit. i get frustrated and give up after like 2 weeks of seeing empties laying around but i don't see additional time changing the empty container's location without my intervention.

eta: yes, i realize it's my fault.

Last edited by a moderator:
people that don't put their phone contact information in the signature of their work email.....so in order to find their phone number you have to google search or something...

people that don't put their phone contact information in the signature of their work email.....so in order to find their phone number you have to google search or something...
We have plants all over the country and I'll get an email from some plant employee that will say "Our XYZ isn't working."  And that's it.  Oh, and they don't have a signature.  So no number to call AND I don't even know what plant you work at.  Pisses me off.

People who pull through to park the wrong direction in angled parking lots.  What is the point. You now either have to drive the wrong way to leave, or make a 130 degree turn when the drive aisle was not designed for such turn, and the people parking correctly now need to look out for your stupid ### when they pull out.   For some reason I am seeing more and more of this lately.
I always wonder about it at the grocery store where I see it a lot. How do they plan to get the cart back there to load groceries in the trunk once another car pulls in behind them?

Y'all have some lazy spouses and kids. I guess folks have a way bigger tendency to let stuff go then parents used to. Empty #### sitting around the room or in the fridge just didn't fly in my house.

Users who are viewing this thread