What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (7 Viewers)

Gianluca said:
(HULK) said:
Gianluca said:
Anyone know where he's been going in dynasty start ups as of late? I have one tonight and I have the 1st pick and was wondering if he would be available at the 4/5 turn.
It was a few months ago, but he went 23rd in the last dyno startup I did.No way he makes it to the 4/5 turn. You'll be lucky if he makes it to the 2/3 turn.
Yeah wishful thinking on my part I suppose. Thanks for sharing though
I picked 1 and I was so hoping he'd fall to 24th. He went right in front of me and I died inside.
Who'd you take 1 if you don't mind me asking? I'm going Bell over Gronk ( no special TE scoring ). What ended up being available to you at 24/25? I was hoping to go Bell/WR/WR then Gurley but like you said he's climbed in the recent weeks and who knows if he'll even be there at my first turn.
I took Beckham. I thought long and hard about Gronk, but he's been a bit injury prone and it concerned me. And I tend to think OBJ is special, once in a generation kinda guy (which Gronk also is).This league is a bit different though, graduated PPR (.5 for RBs, 1 for WRs, 1.5 for TEs) and you aren't locked into starting anything in particular. Its basically QB, 5 Flex, K, D.

2/3 I took Amari and Kelvin (pre-injury obviously).
Gurley just made it to me at the turn. Didn't think he would but there he was. I also took Mike Evans at 3.1. I wanted Amari but he went 2.8

Last edited by a moderator:
Gianluca said:
(HULK) said:
Gianluca said:
Anyone know where he's been going in dynasty start ups as of late? I have one tonight and I have the 1st pick and was wondering if he would be available at the 4/5 turn.
It was a few months ago, but he went 23rd in the last dyno startup I did.No way he makes it to the 4/5 turn. You'll be lucky if he makes it to the 2/3 turn.
Yeah wishful thinking on my part I suppose. Thanks for sharing though
I picked 1 and I was so hoping he'd fall to 24th. He went right in front of me and I died inside.
Who'd you take 1 if you don't mind me asking? I'm going Bell over Gronk ( no special TE scoring ). What ended up being available to you at 24/25? I was hoping to go Bell/WR/WR then Gurley but like you said he's climbed in the recent weeks and who knows if he'll even be there at my first turn.
I took Beckham. I thought long and hard about Gronk, but he's been a bit injury prone and it concerned me. And I tend to think OBJ is special, once in a generation kinda guy (which Gronk also is).This league is a bit different though, graduated PPR (.5 for RBs, 1 for WRs, 1.5 for TEs) and you aren't locked into starting anything in particular. Its basically QB, 5 Flex, K, D.

2/3 I took Amari and Kelvin (pre-injury obviously).
Gurley just made it to me at the turn. Didn't think he would but there he was. I also took Mike Evans at 3.1. I wanted Amari but he went 2.8
Sheesh. Evans went in the first round in mine.

Nice start for you.

Personally, I'd rather he sat until after the bye. I think he could physically play but he is a rookie who has had almost no time with the team in real action. I'd prefer he saw some live bullets in practice before a game.

If he plays, though, I trust the St. L brass. They've been pretty conservative with him up to this point, clinging to their long term plan. If he plays they must be very confident.

Personally, I'd rather he sat until after the bye. I think he could physically play but he is a rookie who has had almost no time with the team in real action. I'd prefer he saw some live bullets in practice before a game.

If he plays, though, I trust the St. L brass. They've been pretty conservative with him up to this point, clinging to their long term plan. If he plays they must be very confident.
I hear you. I'm just a tad desperate this year at RB

Luckily, I'm not or I'd probably be singing a different toon. :lol:

If they keep winning with good D would that improve his chances of playing earlier? A 3-0 start (which is very possible with a trip to Washington and a home tilt vs Pitt) should have them foaming at the mouth to have that type of weapon over a 1-2 record where they might be less in a hurry

Luckily, I'm not or I'd probably be singing a different toon. :lol:
Yeah, I'm cool rolling out a flex WR until he is ready full speed. Can't wait to pair him with Hyde for the next 7 years or so.ETA: err, I guess I should say that I can wait.

If they keep winning with good D would that improve his chances of playing earlier? A 3-0 start (which is very possible with a trip to Washington and a home tilt vs Pitt) should have them foaming at the mouth to have that type of weapon over a 1-2 record where they might be less in a hurry
I think you have that backwards. A 1-2 team would have even more urgency to get a difference maker on the field.But I don't think that would really be a consideration anyway. He will play when they feel he's ready.

Gonna play devil's advocate here. Let's say they play him within the next couple of weeks and he blows out the same knee. What's the play then? Is he a wasted high 2015 draft pick that never panned out? Do you cut him? Or do you hold on to him for a year and see how the knee heals? Always a scary thought. I think if it were me, my knee jerk reaction would be to cut him and get a roster spot. Especially if he injures the same knee. That would totally suck.

Gonna play devil's advocate here. Let's say they play him within the next couple of weeks and he blows out the same knee. What's the play then? Is he a wasted high 2015 draft pick that never panned out? Do you cut him? Or do you hold on to him for a year and see how the knee heals? Always a scary thought. I think if it were me, my knee jerk reaction would be to cut him and get a roster spot. Especially if he injures the same knee. That would totally suck.
let's not go there...

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Woah man, are you one of those dooms day prepers?There really isn't any reason to believe Gurley is more or less likely than other RBs to blow out his knee. You're over thinking this a bit IMO. If it happens, yeah he takes a hit in value.. Probably a big hit depending on the severity.

What happens if Aaron Rodgers loses his right hand trying to save a person tied up on the railroad tracks as a train is bearing down. That would totally suck.

What happens if Aaron Rodgers loses his right hand trying to save a person tied up on the railroad tracks as a train is bearing down. That would totally suck.
I would still hold him a few weeks to see if they could find a compatible transplant donor.

I would still hold him a few weeks to see if they could find a compatible transplant donor.
Great strategy. Not too far fetched either because I see a scenario where Tim Tebow also loses his throwing hand being a good Samaritan and they trade a left for a right. Then both go on to light up the NFL for the next 10 years. Who knew Tebow's right hand was the stronger hand all along? And of course Rodgers left hand is superior to Tebow's.

Lesson learned. Hang on to Gurley in any scenario unless his legs are replaced with Trent Richardson's or Peyton Manning's.

jmo87usc said:
bumpman said:
DaveL said:
Warpig said:
Great strategy. Not too far fetched either because I see a scenario where Tim Tebow also loses his throwing hand being a good Samaritan and they trade a left for a right. Then both go on to light up the NFL for the next 10 years. Who knew Tebow's right hand was the stronger hand all along? And of course Rodgers left hand is superior to Tebow's.

Lesson learned. Hang on to Gurley in any scenario unless his legs are replaced with Trent Richardson's or Peyton Manning's.
or mine.

Off the wall question to Gurley supporters....................

I own absolutely zero shares of him, and I don't see any this year on the horizon. (I'm in strictly redraft)

But oddly enough I noticed Tre Mason sitting on one of my leagues wires, and I can snag him at any minute.

If it helps, in said league I have at RB (Lamar Miller, Alfred Morris/Matt Jones,Isaiah Crowell/Duke Johnson, Ronnie Hillman and Darren McFadden)

I think the play is to drop McFadden, and pick up Tre Mason. McFadden is only going to be a help if Randle goes down at this point.

Mason on the other hand has some talent, and he may get "a little " work even in the event of a Gurley return, which looks to be extremely close.

The majority of things I hear about this kid is he is the second coming, but I also know those injuries aren't exactly easy to get back to 100%.

I suppose the question is, what do you foresee Gurley's workload being early on?

Obviously its a risk/reward scenario holding McFadden, and is Tre Mason the better hold at this point.

I thought this is the better place to look for opinions and not the ASST Coach forum, because this is just as much about workload and what can we expect as opposed to a "who do I acquire" type scenario.

The truth is I know little about Gurley, and I steered clear of him in drafts this year since I don't particularly care for added injury risk.

The more I have been reading in this thread tonight, the more I wish I'd have pulled the trigger on him in at least one draft.

TZM

I think if by sitting Gurley a few more weeks would reduce the risk of reinjury then he would be sitting. But at this point, what are they keeping him on ice for if he has reached full recovery? The guy is able to play and he has cleared all medicals. They are not in desperation mode so I have to believe he is ready.

I've got Mason and Gurley... Much rather see Mason and wait a few extra weeks if he isn't 110%. If he is ready, then I'm super excited I snagged him.

I think if by sitting Gurley a few more weeks would reduce the risk of reinjury then he would be sitting. But at this point, what are they keeping him on ice for if he has reached full recovery? The guy is able to play and he has cleared all medicals. They are not in desperation mode so I have to believe he is ready.
i'm not a doctor but i don't necessarily think medical clearance means he's NFL game ready.

They are going to be extra safe with him, once they put him on the field he'll be full go.

i'm not a doctor but i don't necessarily think medical clearance means he's NFL game ready.

They are going to be extra safe with him, once they put him on the field he'll be full go.
BEER, that is exactly my point. When they put him in, he will be ready to go. If there is any doubt or something to gain by sitting him, he sits. I'm not in the rush him back circle. I want him fully ready to take over bellcow duties.

ESPN Fantasy has him updated to probable. Is that a mistake on their part or official injury designation for this weekend?

ESPN Fantasy has him updated to probable. Is that a mistake on their part or official injury designation for this weekend?
Pretty sure it's just taken from the fact he was a full participant in practice, it's not because of any designation by the team.

georg013 said:
ILUVBEER99 said:
georg013 said:

BEER, that is exactly my point. When they put him in, he will be ready to go. If there is any doubt or something to gain by sitting him, he sits. I'm not in the rush him back circle. I want him fully ready to take over bellcow duties.
we're on same page. Unless he's ready for a full load physically and mentally keep him in the garage.

Just bought a ticket to this train. Hope there's some seats still available. Let's go Gurley! choo choo

Full practice today. One would think if he doesn't play this week he will next week vs Pitt.
He remained "full" but "didn't actually practice". I'm not sure I understand. Unless they do walkthroughs on Thursday or something.

Todd Gurley (knee) remained "full" in Thursday's practice.

Advice: The Rams didn't actually practice, so it's just an estimate. ESPN's Nick Wagoner expects Gurley to sit for one more game, but Week 3 now appears to be the latest Gurley will return. His status will be updated on Friday.

More: Jim Thomas on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

FYI...

FBGs news/updates page incorrectly states:

Rams | Todd Gurley a full participant again Thu Sep 17, 03:20 PM

St. Louis Rams RB Todd Gurley (knee) practiced in full for the second straight day Thursday, Sept. 17.
The Rams did not practice on Thursday. They are testing out a new practice schedule which gives their players Thursdays off instead of Tuesday. Fisher said they'll stick with it if it works.

Until FBGs fixes their automated news blogger, don't believe anything they report about STL players practicing (or missing practice) on Thursdays.

Man, I'm gettin excited....he's ready to be unleashed!.....release the kracken!

His first game back will probably be with a snap count. I hope it's this week so then we can consider playing him next week. I would not start him on my FF team until I see how he responds.

Todd Gurley (knee, questionable) was a full participant at Friday's practice.
He's probably a bit behind in terms of conditioning after missing most of training camp, but it sounds like Gurley's return should come in the very near future. Gurley won't be the Rams' workhorse out of the gate but he'll surely earn that label at some point this season.

My luck they'll both be inactive and my opponent (whose only weakness is RB) will snag Benny Sunday morning. That would suck.

Can't wait...have Gurley and Foster coming into my lineup hopefully very soon so keep the updates coming.

From the sounds of it though, he likely won't play this weekend and if he does next weekend I would guess that he'll be limited. I imagine it may be about week 5-6 or so before we see him getting the load Fisher wants to give him.

Can't wait...have Gurley and Foster coming into my lineup hopefully very soon so keep the updates coming.

From the sounds of it though, he likely won't play this weekend and if he does next weekend I would guess that he'll be limited. I imagine it may be about week 5-6 or so before we see him getting the load Fisher wants to give him.
My hope is that I can start him for AP's bye week (5). Fingers crossed.

Fisher was on ESPN Insiders today talking about Gurley and his possible availabiity Sunday, made a point to note (paraphrasing) the important thing is the long term and their relationship. Doesn't scream heavy workload. It is looking increasingly like they will be conservative in adding him into the mix. I think local reported Jim Thomas suggested (conjecture, informed or not?) that he could still be 1-2 weeks away from taking actual game snaps.

More confirmation, imo, that if he plays, highly unlikely it would be enough to make you want to start him.

I'm still saying he sits this week, but next week he suits up and gets single digit carries. Then, if all goes well, it's ####in ON week 4.

Rotoworld:

In a radio interview, Rams coach Jeff Fisher said Todd Gurley (questionable, knee) will be a game-time decision.

Gurley was a full participant in practice all week, but his conditioning is a concern after missing most of the offseason. Even if he plays, Gurley will not get enough work to be a fantasy option. The good news is Gurley should see his first NFL action by Week 3 at the very latest.

Source: Sirius XM NFL Radio on Twitter

Sep 19 - 12:42 PM

Users who are viewing this thread