What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley (7 Viewers)

CJ Anderson with a little slip o the lip in an interview just now when asked about dividing up the carries. '....Todd would go as much as he could'. oops.

You’re trolling so hard it’s obvious. Stop polluting the thread. 
Why is it okay for people to make unsubstantiated excuses for him?  The Rams, McVay, and Gurley himself all have said he wasn't injured.  If you want to whine, do it about all of the other fake things people are spreading in this thread about him.  

Why is it okay for people to make unsubstantiated excuses for him?  The Rams, McVay, and Gurley himself all have said he wasn't injured.  If you want to whine, do it about all of the other fake things people are spreading in this thread about him.  
Gurley reiterates his knee is fine and does not expect to have off-season surgery

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/03/todd-gurley-insists-knee-is-fine/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Glad I haven't been the one polluting this thread with lies and excuses 👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is whining? I’m just calling you a troll, which you are. You respond to every new comment with no penchant for discussion, just “Gurley sucks, you’re wrong, etc.” I’m not trying to defend him I’m simply stating the fact that you are ruining the thread with your drivel on repeat. You think he sucks. WE GET IT. Move on. 

Who is whining? I’m just calling you a troll, which you are. You respond to every new comment with no penchant for discussion, just “Gurley sucks, you’re wrong, etc.” I’m not trying to defend him I’m simply stating the fact that you are ruining the thread with your drivel on repeat. You think he sucks. WE GET IT. Move on. 
Why do you think people repetitively lying about his health is "penchant for discussion"?

Speaking after the Rams' Super Bowl LIII loss, Todd Gurley once again insisted he was healthy.

"I know there’s been a lot of concern about my knee, but I really am fine," Gurley claimed. Gurley did admit to undergoing an MRI following the Rams' Week 15 loss to the Eagles. We have a hard time believing either Gurley or coach Sean McVay's claims about his health. Gurley was once again absent from the field for bafflingly long stretches against the Patriots. He touched the ball just 16 times between the Super Bowl and NFC Championship Game. No amount of conditioning issues or "hot hand" play from C.J. Anderson could explain that. It will be a topic of offseason discussion.

:lmao:  They will make some lie up to cover up their $14m mistake.  What team wouldn't?  
What's your problem with Gurley?  Before the end of season fiasco he was one of the safest stud RBs.  He has certainly been safer in getting the majority of caries for his team than 99% of the RBs in the NFL, at least until the end of the season.  Who knows what's going on with him right now but I suspect it's the balky knee.

His dynasty value has dropped some because of this. I know two separate occasions where he was offered for McCaffrey, one of them the Gurley owner adding a little and both were rejected without a counter. Another league I’m in the Gurley owner is actively trying to move him and has only had lowball offers.

What's your problem with Gurley?  Before the end of season fiasco he was one of the safest stud RBs.  He has certainly been safer in getting the majority of caries for his team than 99% of the RBs in the NFL, at least until the end of the season.  Who knows what's going on with him right now but I suspect it's the balky knee.
I don't have any problem with Gurley.  He's just a guy in a phenomenal system.  Teams who overpay for a RB are stupid - they are one of the easiest positions in sports to replace.  

Why do people keep making up lies about his health?  I don't understand that at all.  How many times does GURLEY HIMSELF have to say he isn't injured?  Was he injured all of 2016?  Was he injured against Chicago?  We have plenty of samples where he has been terrible and not "injured".  Why can't people just admit they were wrong and stop making excuses for him?  

Zero doubt he's dealing with an injury. Even recall Tracy Wolfson during the game say with his type of knee injury he could wake up and not feel right and that when she observed him in practice he ran hard and took a lot of reps but looked like he favored that leg. That and countless other reasons make wondering if he is healthy or not a no brainer, which is probably the condition anyone who think's he' just normal healthy Todd Gurley is dealing with.

Zero doubt he's dealing with an injury. Even recall Tracy Wolfson during the game say with his type of knee injury he could wake up and not feel right and that when she observed him in practice he ran hard and took a lot of reps but looked like he favored that leg. That and countless other reasons make wondering if he is healthy or not a no brainer, which is probably the condition anyone who think's he' just normal healthy Todd Gurley is dealing with.
https://www.twitter.com/profootballdoc/status/1092244639141240832

"More evidence Todd Gurley is not hurt.  Fastest man on the field today"

I love how you guys are so desperate for this narrative you will dismiss the opinions of Gurley himself and apparently you are smarter than medical doctors too.  Talk about drivel on repeat.

People who don't think Gurley is injured:

Rams organization

Sean McVay

Todd Gurley

Medical Doctor

People who think Gurley is injured:

same 5-6 random football fans on an online forum

And I'm the problem lol

Reasons I believe Gurley is hurt

1. Riding bike and stretching on the sidelines. Something that was never part of his game day routine.

2. Noticeably limping back to the huddle and on the sidelines

3. Interview CJ let slip that Todds doing what he can and he decides how much he can do

4. The run plays called for Gurley were all straight line up the middle

People who don't think Gurley is injured:

Rams organization

Sean McVay

Todd Gurley

Medical Doctor

People who think Gurley is injured:

same 5-6 random football fans on an online forum

And I'm the problem lol
if he isn't injured what happened? how does the #1 rb in football suddenly start losing out in a timeshare to an over the hill CJ andersen? Did he sleep with McVay's wife??

I have no dog in the Gurley discussion, but I have to think something is wrong, just doesn't add up. 

Regardless of how down someone might be on Gurley, the margin between him and CJA is fairly large, and if someone wants to debate that it isn't, I'm too far away from them to debate the topic. 

He's either hurt, nailed McVay's wife or ran over his dog.

Regardless of how down someone might be on Gurley, the margin between him and CJA is fairly large, and if someone wants to debate that it isn't, I'm too far away from them to debate the topic. 
When you look at the performances of Gurley and Anderson in the same system against common opponents this year, what evidence are you using to conclude that the margin between him and CJA is fairly large?  The numbers don't support your assertion.  

When you look at the performances of Gurley and Anderson in the same system against common opponents this year, what evidence are you using to conclude that the margin between him and CJA is fairly large?  The numbers don't support your assertion.  
My eyes, that's all I say about this comparison. If that is a hill you want to go stand on, by all means, have at it, I'm not going to argue CJA vs Gurley. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/super-bowl-liiis-biggest-mystery-happened-todd-gurley-073259593.html

There’s article after article like this out there right now (and before the Super Bowl honestly). The speculation on him being injured is rampant. To insinuate it’s 5 or 6 random posters here is as asinine as the other statements made the about Gurleys skill sets.  
Kimberley A. Martin

@ByKimberleyA

Todd Gurley said he’s healthy....

0:16

16.2K views

7:27 PM · Feb 3, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone

“I know there’s been a lot of concern about my knee but I really am fine,” Gurley told reporters.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/02/03/rams-todd-gurley-knee-injury-super-bowl-loss-patriots

so painfully desperate

I agree, the Gurley hater is so painful desperate.

Also, its funny the one who says CJA is as good as TG3 tells others not to gamble on sports.

At least someone is not worried about embarrassing themselves with takes so hot they melt the keys.

Saints: 4 carries, 10 yards; 1 rec, 3 yards

Patriots: 10 carries, 35 yards; 1 rec, -1 yards

I can see why you guys think he is the best RB in the league.  Look at those stats!

Why do people keep making up lies about his health? 
What's more likely?

1. Gurley had a worse injury than has been let on by McVey and Gurley (under McVey's request).

2. Sean McVey decided that a guy who was his best offensive weapon the last two seasons, and was a borderline MVP candidate, was of better use to the team on the sideline during the playoffs and Super Bowl?

Teams lie about injuries all the time to gain a competitive advantage over their opponents. It's a bit silly for you to accuse other people of lying when you're being as disingenuous as heck. You're coming across poorly here by trying to act like you're smarter than everyone else. It creates the opposite effect.

Your underlying point about RBs has a lot of truth to it but if you weren't so hyperbolic and illogical in trying to further it you would be better off. 

Saints: 4 carries, 10 yards; 1 rec, 3 yards

Patriots: 10 carries, 35 yards; 1 rec, -1 yards

I can see why you guys think he is the best RB in the league.  Look at those stats!
Wouldn't that actually support the argument that he is injured and hurt your argument that his numbers are completely reliant on the system and his o-line?

or did the Rams abandon the system and o-line they used all season on route to earning the No. 2 seed?

:lmao: your eyes.  Don't ever gamble on sports.
If you want to make an argument that CJA at $1mm per year > Todd Gurley at $15mm year for the Rams, maybe it has some merit, maybe it doesn't, but it can be debated.

An argument that CJA is outright better than or = to Gurley is crazy talk.

What's more likely?

1. Gurley had a worse injury than has been let on by McVey and Gurley (under McVey's request).

2. Sean McVey decided that a guy who was his best offensive weapon the last two seasons, and was a borderline MVP candidate, was of better use to the team on the sideline during the playoffs and Super Bowl?

Teams lie about injuries all the time to gain a competitive advantage over their opponents. It's a bit silly for you to accuse other people of lying when you're being as disingenuous as heck. You're coming across poorly here by trying to act like you're smarter than everyone else. It creates the opposite effect.

You're underlying point about RBs has a lot of truth to it but if you weren't so hyperbolic and illogical in trying to further it you would be better off. 
The Super Bowl is over.  What incentive do the Rams have to not disclose an injury?  Gurley is under contract through 2023.  What incentive does he have to hide an injury from the team?  Why do they keep denying he has an injury now that the season is over?

What did Anderson do in Gurley's absence that suggests he didn't deserve playing time?  Most teams use a RBBC approach.  Gurley was horrible against the Saints and honestly should have cost them the game.  Do you think superstars shouldn't be benched for failing to do simple things like catch the ball?

Wouldn't that actually support the argument that he is injured and hurt your argument that his numbers are completely reliant on the system and his o-line?

or did the Rams abandon the system and o-line they used all season on route to earning the No. 2 seed?
Was he hurt against the Bears when he went 11 carries for 28 yards?

He went 16 carries for 115 yards against the Cowboys.  Was he hurt before that game, magically not hurt that game, and then got hurt again?

Honestly, I think McVay's personnel groupings got way too predictable and two elite teams were able to exploit it defensively.  Anderson had success before the Saints and Patriots as well, but also struggled against them.

Gurley was horrible against the Saints and honestly should have cost them the game.  Do you think superstars shouldn't be benched for failing to do simple things like catch the ball?
Should the Patriots have benched Brady after he threw an interception on his first pass? See we can all make silly arguments.

but admittedly that's me speculating.
Yes, that's all people are doing here - speculating.  I've literally quoted the Rams organization, McVay, Gurley himself, and an opinion from a medical doctor who talks about football injuries all the time.  Why are people getting upset when I tell them to stop speculating about something that at this point is a LIE?

The Rams literally have no incentive to hide an injury from the media now.  None.  The season is over.  

He went 16 carries for 115 yards against the Cowboys.  Was he hurt before that game, magically not hurt that game, and then got hurt again
The Cowboys game was his first game back after resting for three weeks. Is it outlandish to suggest that there were some ill effects to his knee after that game and he was set back?

I don't have much interest in carrying this on any further. I'm sure you think you're winning big against the masses here so I'll let you take some time to enjoy basking in your brilliance. 

Please be cooler. 
I've presented multiple quotes, articles, links, and stats to back up my opinion.  People keep telling me I'm ridiculous without any support whatsoever.  That's sad that's how you want the Shark Pool to be now.  Guys reporting me because my opinion disagrees with their eye test or wild speculation about a player's health.

I think it will come out soon. They likely didn't want to look like they were making excuses after a tough loss - but admittedly that's me speculating.
I personally don't think anything more will come out. They've been clear about the (non) injury status. Clearly it wasn't a disciplinary issue as he saw significant playing time.

I think it's one of those things where real NFL and Fantasy sometimes don't connect. To the one guy that matters, Sean McVay, he seemed to put an equal value on Anderson and Gurley. That seems crazy to us as Gurley is the superstar. But coaches don't care about status. They look for players who can help them win. And I think McVay felt Anderson had just as much value there as Gurley. 

Where I think this will be interesting is if McVay puts the same logic to Jared Goff and brings in significant competition. 

Yes, that's all people are doing here - speculating.  I've literally quoted the Rams organization, McVay, Gurley himself, and an opinion from a medical doctor who talks about football injuries all the time.  Why are people getting upset when I tell them to stop speculating about something that at this point is a LIE?

The Rams literally have no incentive to hide an injury from the media now.  None.  The season is over.  
Sure they do. They announce a torn mcl right after the Super Bowl and the NFL is docking them picks or a heavy fine for not having him on the injury report. And the doctor you quoted thinks he has patellar tendonitis.

I've presented multiple quotes, articles, links, and stats to back up my opinion.  People keep telling me I'm ridiculous without any support whatsoever.  That's sad that's how you want the Shark Pool to be now.  Guys reporting me because my opinion disagrees with their eye test or wild speculation about a player's health.
I asked you nicely to be please be cooler. That's what I want in the shark pool. If you disagree with that, I fully understand. But if you disagree, you'll need to find a board that does fit you. I hope you'll stay here as it seems like you have good football opinion to add. Thanks. 

FTR, not sure why he used that quote directed at me, I never hit the report button. 

I personally don't think anything more will come out. They've been clear about the (non) injury status. Clearly it wasn't a disciplinary issue as he saw significant playing time.

I think it's one of those things where real NFL and Fantasy sometimes don't connect. To the one guy that matters, Sean McVay, he seemed to put an equal value on Anderson and Gurley. That seems crazy to us as Gurley is the superstar. But coaches don't care about status. They look for players who can help them win. And I think McVay felt Anderson had just as much value there as Gurley. 

Where I think this will be interesting is if McVay puts the same logic to Jared Goff and brings in significant competition. 
Think he'll have some questions to answer from the front office, if this is the case. 

I know I'd be questioning why a guy who is healthy and an elite player at his position saw a 50/50 timeshare with some JAG that we signed off the street a month ago, especially in a loss where my team produced 3 points. 

We'll see if he has any clean up procedures or if anything leaks out otherwise.

Sure, perhaps McVey felt Anderson was a suitable backfield mate for Gurley - but Gurley being involved in the passing game was a major part of the Rams offensive system. That was non-existent yesterday.

Gurley must have a lot of character because I could easily see another superstar demanding a trade.

Seemed like McVay taking the "why put the best players on the field?" page out of the Adam Gase play book. 

It will be interesting to see if anything leaks out... The Rams were either not playing their best RB or they were lying on the injury report. 

We'll see if he has any clean up procedures or if anything leaks out otherwise.

Sure, perhaps McVey felt Anderson was a suitable backfield mate for Gurley - but Gurley being involved in the passing game was a major part of the Rams offensive system. That was non-existent yesterday.
Agreed. Seems pretty crazy. 

As someone who followed him since he was ripping the Vols at Georgia, he's an interesting cat. Up and down seemingly more than he should be. I'd previously blamed most of the (non injury) down on Jeff Fisher, everyone's favorite scapegoat. But this does seem truly odd. 

I asked you nicely to be please be cooler. That's what I want in the shark pool. If you disagree with that, I fully understand. But if you disagree, you'll need to find a board that does fit you. I hope you'll stay here as it seems like you have good football opinion to add. Thanks. 
How many people who are supporters of Gurley here have actually done it with any type of substance?  @Just Win Baby did a nice job quoting Player Profiler - other than that... nothing. 

Posting an unconventional opinion and then being suffocated by 10 people who tell them they are ridiculous, a troll, it's not worth their time shouldn't be what the Shark Pool is about either.  It was the same exact story in the LeVeon Bell thread.  

Users who are viewing this thread