Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

bolded = my eyes and the usage

 

I’m with you.

 

I can’t remember a team changing their offensive usage of a player so much so late in the season. That weird sideline tackle on his lower leg/ankle near the end of the season is the smoking gun for me. And the team trying to lie about it seems like similar things to what Belichek used to do when abusing the Probable or Questionable tag a few years back. Simple gamesmanship. Not sure why this seems so far fetched to believe. 

Edited by joey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, joey said:

I’m with you.

 

I can’t remember a team changing their offensive usage of a player so much so late in the season. That weird sideline tackle on his lower leg/ankle near the end of the season is the smoking gun for me. And the team trying to lie about it seems like similar things to what Belichek used to do when abusing the Probable or Questionable tag a few years back. Simple gamesmanship. Not sure why this seems so far fetched to believe. 

Same reason it always is in situations like this. They are much smarter then all of us and aren’t sheep like us rubes are.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, joey said:

I’m with you.

 

I can’t remember a team changing their offensive usage of a player so much so late in the season. That weird sideline tackle on his lower leg/ankle near the end of the season is the smoking gun for me. And the team trying to lie about it seems like similar things to what Belichek used to do when abusing the Probable or Questionable tag a few years back. Simple gamesmanship. Not sure why this seems so far fetched to believe. 

His name is spelled Belichick.

The NFL changed the rules in 2016 so "the team trying to lie about it seems like similar things to what Belichick used to do when abusing the Probable or Questionable tag a few years back" is not a good example because teams are not allowed to do that anymore.

The great thing now about the Anderson news is if Goodell fines the Rams we know that Gurley was truly injured and their team maliciously hid the news.  If he doesn't, all the posts about an injury have been a bunch of unsubstantiated excuses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

His name is spelled Belichick.

The NFL changed the rules in 2016 so "the team trying to lie about it seems like similar things to what Belichick used to do when abusing the Probable or Questionable tag a few years back" is not a good example because teams are not allowed to do that anymore.

The great thing now about the Anderson news is if Goodell fines the Rams we know that Gurley was truly injured and their team maliciously hid the news.  If he doesn't, all the posts about an injury have been a bunch of unsubstantiated excuses.

Thanks for correcting my typo. You must be a real peach to hang out with. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 2:04 PM, tjnc09 said:

Instead, it's a speculative quote from a backup RB desperate to keep a job with the only NFL team that was interested in him.

You theory here is that spilling the beans on their secret makes him MORE likely to keep his job? Interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 4:46 PM, The Man With No Name said:

2019 Best Ball Drafts - he went 2nd in one I did in January. Just took him at 5 in one just started

I got him at 5.  Pretty stoked about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 1:37 PM, tjnc09 said:

I'm not a gullible media puppet

 

On 2/20/2019 at 11:03 AM, Dr. Octopus said:

I think this was obvious to most rational thinkers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Mash said:

Rams should be fine on this if what the NFL is basing this information request on is CJ's interview because CJ was answering a question phrased to him as "when you got there".  Rams can simply say of course Gurley was hurt when CJ got here, was listed on the injury report and deactivated weeks 16 and 17. We hid nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

 

 

Most teams don't sign a RB midseason who averaged ~7ypc while replacing an injured RB

Gurley looked great against the Cowboys

There is plenty of evidence that Gurley is not completely immune to matchups 

The Saints saw Gurley twice and had a top three run defense this year

Gurley's early problems against the Saints were due to his hands, not his legs.  Players do get benched.

The Patriots typical game plan is to shut down a team's "star" player (ie Patriots held Hill/Kelce to 65 total yards, only time u100 yds ALL season)

The Patriots had an extra week to prepare for the SB which is an eternity for Belichick (especially against an offense that became painfully predictable)

 

Todd Gurley said he was healthy

Sean McVay said he was healthy

A former NFL team doctor thought he was healthy in his professional medical opinion

The Next Gen Stats for Gurley suggest he was healthy

 

Todd Gurley practiced in FULL each week before the NFCC and SB

He was never on any type of injury report - not even questionable

Lying about injuries is against the NFL rules

 

Rational thinking is using a collection of evidence to form an opinion on something that is not known.  "Gurley had a few bad games so he must have been injured" is laziness when there is no definitive proof AT THIS TIME he wasn't healthy. 

Gurley had two really tough matchups against the Saints and Patriots to end the season.  Even if he was 100% healthy, there's a really good chance he would have struggled anyways.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2019 at 3:49 PM, tjnc09 said:

Two derivations of speculate.  Thanks for confirming I've been right all this time.

Be way cooler. You're consistently reported as being a tool. Be way cooler. If you don't think you're being uncool, please find a new board. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 7:52 PM, dkp993 said:

Yawn.  

 

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:38 AM, dkp993 said:

Bye Felicia. 

 

1 hour ago, FBG Moderator said:

Be way cooler. You're consistently reported as being a tool. Be way cooler. If you don't think you're being uncool, please find a new board. 

Sure, no problem.  Can you let me know how comments like "Yawn" and "Bye Felicia" are considered constructive posts in the Shark Pool though?  I am genuinely asking why that type of content is acceptable here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the dynasty article here this week.....

The Todd Gurley saga will be much-debated this offseason. In your opinion, was he hurt in the Super Bowl or are we seeing the beginning of the end? Where does he fit in your Top 10 overall and Top 10 at the position?

Simpkins

I find it laughable that we are even having a serious discussion about this. It’s very clear that Gurley was hurt. We saw him riding the exercise bike between possessions during the Super Bowl. The broadcast team noted that they saw him favoring his knee during practice. If you watched carefully, you noted he ran in a straight line and didn’t cut, which is out of character for his running style. I think people want to trust the coaching staff saying he wasn’t hurt, but to me, that was gamesmanship. They did not want New England to know Gurley was hurt and be able to scheme accordingly. Admitting it now would cause the team to lose face and potentially subject them to discipline for not disclosing the injury.

It’s one thing to be concerned about a potential problem with the knee that Gurley injured in college. It’s quite another to say that he’s “finished.” He just turned 25 for crying out loud! I know the shelf life for NFL running backs is relatively short next to other skill position players, but we should see at least another 4-5 years of production out of this very talented runner. Gurley is still my number one running back and my top overall player in dynasty rankings and that won’t change unless we find out that the knee issue is going to be a chronic problem.

Larkin

Certainly, there is a sour taste left in our mouths after the way Gurley's season ended, but it would be premature and, frankly, irresponsible to simply toss him aside. The cohesiveness of the Rams offensive line plays a large role in Gurley's ability to get downhill fast; at times he isn't touched until a few yards past the line of scrimmage, an enviable platform for any back. He must have been carrying an injury in the Super Bowl to feature so infrequently, but he has plenty of tread left on the tires in a high-octane offense; keep the faith. As far as rankings, Gurley would be among my top five backs and would be around ninth or 10th in my overall rankings.

Parsons

Gurley was hurt or it was one of the bigger coaching blunders in terms of player usage and personnel in recent memory. I have not moved Gurley down in my values and he has slipped from his RB2 perch in many startup drafts presenting a value this offseason.

Haseley

Was he hurt in the Super Bowl? Yes, I believe that to be the case. I think the Rams knew that he was hurt worse than they were leading on, and if it weren't for C.J. Anderson, they never would've advanced as far as they did. Time and rest will help Gurley's case. I expect him to be back to normal for the 2019 season, but he has moved down a few notches in my dynasty rankings. He's a still a Top 5 back for me at this time. At age 24 he still has another three to four big years left in him.

Hicks

It is irrelevant moving forward if he was injured or not. The offensive coaching staff was completely outplayed in the playoffs and Gurley was just part of the problem. What the Rams do to backup Gurley will be crucial. If we see C.J. Anderson again, then I would be very concerned as he played very well for them. If we are back to Malcolm Brown, then all is good. I have moved Gurley down to six as I have concerns about Sean McVay and Jared Goff being able to overcome good defensive coaching. No doubt they will work on this in the offseason and we will see how they match up in 2019. Gurley was on record-setting pace in 2018 until various aches and pains put an end to that. If the Rams get back on track offensively then Gurley should be a top three back.

Wood

How could he not be hurt? A player doesn't go from the most explosive, dynamic runner in the league for 1.5 seasons into someone not good enough to play over C.J. Anderson. Unless he gets offseason surgery, Gurley should absolutely remain a top-5 pick in redraft and keeper leagues. Right now, Gurley ranks fourth in my positional rankings, behind Saquon Barkley, Alvin Kamara, and Ezekiel Elliott. He's also fourth in my overall rankings.

Hindery

Gurley is the #4 overall player in my rankings and RB4. Saquon Barkley, Ezekiel Elliott, and Christian McCaffrey are each younger and feel slightly less risky than Gurley based upon how the season ended and Gurley’s injury history. 

I doubt I will drop Gurley any further than that. He has been a fantasy monster the last two years. He was the fantasy RB1 in 2017 and was the RB1 by a decent margin after 15 weeks. He should be the same guy in the same offense moving forward and he’s only 24-years old.

It is hard for me to believe Gurley was 100% in the playoffs. Whether it was knee pain slowing him down or he was just slightly out of shape due to missing a few weeks of practice, we may never know. However, we have a big enough sample size to know what Gurley is capable of.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 12:23 AM, tjnc09 said:

 

 

Sure, no problem.  Can you let me know how comments like "Yawn" and "Bye Felicia" are considered constructive posts in the Shark Pool though?  I am genuinely asking why that type of content is acceptable here.

Those likely weren't seen. If you see something over the line, please report it. 

Most importantly, please be cooler. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only way someone can be this negative on Gurley at this point in his career is if they traded him for garbage and are now trying to justify it.  Otherwise, I don't see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 7:08 PM, dkp993 said:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/22/nfl-rams-cj-anderson-todd-gurley-knee-injury-comments/

Cj Anderson ✔ @cjandersonb22

Everybody is buzzin @RealSkipBayless ask how hurt was TG WHEN I GOT TO YHE RAMS. That was week 16. The response more than we all thought. Including my self. Not playoffs when he return when he was healthy. THE ? Was HOW HURT WAS HE WHEN YOU GOT THERE? Dummies how bout yall listen

Cj Anderson ✔ @cjandersonb22

Listen to the Question. The Question that was ask How HURT WAS TG WHEN I GOT THERE. Last time I check I got there week 16 not Dallas not NO and not SB53. I answer the Question that was ask.

The information "leaked" out was manipulated by the media to grab headlines.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/28/todd-gurley-does-not-need-knee-surgery/

Posted by Charean Williams on February 28, 2019, 10:05 AM EST

Rams running back Todd Gurley does not need knee surgery, coach Sean McVay said during his media session Thursday at the NFL Scouting Combine.

McVay continued to downplay Gurley’s injury and again blamed himself for not getting Gurley more involved in the NFC Championship Game and the Super Bowl.

Gurley did not appear on the injury report before the NFC Championship Game or the Super Bowl but had only 16 touches for 47 yards and one touchdown in those two games combined. He missed the final two regular-season games for what the Rams called inflammation.

Gurley gained 118 yards from scrimmage against the Cowboys in the divisional round before playing a complementary role the rest of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:03 AM, Dr. Octopus said:

I think this was obvious to most rational thinkers.

Except it's not true.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/22/nfl-rams-cj-anderson-todd-gurley-knee-injury-comments/

Cj Anderson ✔ @cjandersonb22

Everybody is buzzin @RealSkipBayless ask how hurt was TG WHEN I GOT TO YHE RAMS. That was week 16. The response more than we all thought. Including my self. Not playoffs when he return when he was healthy. THE ? Was HOW HURT WAS HE WHEN YOU GOT THERE? Dummies how bout yall listen

Cj Anderson ✔ @cjandersonb22

Listen to the Question. The Question that was ask How HURT WAS TG WHEN I GOT THERE. Last time I check I got there week 16 not Dallas not NO and not SB53. I answer the Question that was ask.

The information "leaked" out was manipulated by the media to grab headlines.

Not sure how much more clear I need to be. No need to quote me on this anymore. I’m done with you on this topic. We just need to agree to disagree and move on.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Alex P Keaton said:

It's clear the team is covering their butts so they don't get punished for lying on the injury report.

If the Rams get fined, Gurley was injured.

If the Rams don't get fined, Gurley was not injured.

There is absolutely no chance Goodell ignores this situation if a team actually lied about their star player's health in the Super Bowl.  None.

Edited by tjnc09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Rams will consider stem cell treatment for Todd Gurley if his knee woes continue.

The Rams have Gurley on an offseason regimen to get his left knee back to full strength, though if the injury persists, the running back may be forced to undergo stem cell treatment. Fellow running backs Jamaal Charles and Knowshon Moreno have undergone similar procedures in recent years. Both players were coming back from torn ACLs, an injury Gurley suffered during his final year at Georgia. Teammate C.J. Anderson admitted recently that Gurley was "more hurt than we thought," which may explain why he played second fiddle to Anderson during the postseason. With Gurley's health in question, don't be surprised if the Rams add backfield depth this offseason.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dr. Octopus said:

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Rams will consider stem cell treatment for Todd Gurley if his knee woes continue.

The Rams have Gurley on an offseason regimen to get his left knee back to full strength, though if the injury persists, the running back may be forced to undergo stem cell treatment. Fellow running backs Jamaal Charles and Knowshon Moreno have undergone similar procedures in recent years. Both players were coming back from torn ACLs, an injury Gurley suffered during his final year at Georgia. Teammate C.J. Anderson admitted recently that Gurley was "more hurt than we thought," which may explain why he played second fiddle to Anderson during the postseason. With Gurley's health in question, don't be surprised if the Rams add backfield depth this offseason.

Gameplan. All gameplanning.

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Gameplan. All gameplanning.

I think what the article really meant was they were going to treat McVey's brain with stem cells.

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, tjnc09 said:

If the Rams get fined, Gurley was injured.

If the Rams don't get fined, Gurley was not injured.

There is absolutely no chance Goodell ignores this situation if a team actually lied about their star player's health in the Super Bowl.  None.

agree if they lied....fine em

Stem cells? yikes, they should sign CJA just in case....and draft someone

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2019 at 12:42 AM, dkp993 said:

From the dynasty article here this week.....

The Todd Gurley saga will be much-debated this offseason. In your opinion, was he hurt in the Super Bowl or are we seeing the beginning of the end? Where does he fit in your Top 10 overall and Top 10 at the position?

Simpkins

I find it laughable that we are even having a serious discussion about this. It’s very clear that Gurley was hurt. We saw him riding the exercise bike between possessions during the Super Bowl. The broadcast team noted that they saw him favoring his knee during practice. If you watched carefully, you noted he ran in a straight line and didn’t cut, which is out of character for his running style. I think people want to trust the coaching staff saying he wasn’t hurt, but to me, that was gamesmanship. They did not want New England to know Gurley was hurt and be able to scheme accordingly. Admitting it now would cause the team to lose face and potentially subject them to discipline for not disclosing the injury.

It’s one thing to be concerned about a potential problem with the knee that Gurley injured in college. It’s quite another to say that he’s “finished.” He just turned 25 for crying out loud! I know the shelf life for NFL running backs is relatively short next to other skill position players, but we should see at least another 4-5 years of production out of this very talented runner. Gurley is still my number one running back and my top overall player in dynasty rankings and that won’t change unless we find out that the knee issue is going to be a chronic problem.

Larkin

Certainly, there is a sour taste left in our mouths after the way Gurley's season ended, but it would be premature and, frankly, irresponsible to simply toss him aside. The cohesiveness of the Rams offensive line plays a large role in Gurley's ability to get downhill fast; at times he isn't touched until a few yards past the line of scrimmage, an enviable platform for any back. He must have been carrying an injury in the Super Bowl to feature so infrequently, but he has plenty of tread left on the tires in a high-octane offense; keep the faith. As far as rankings, Gurley would be among my top five backs and would be around ninth or 10th in my overall rankings.

Parsons

Gurley was hurt or it was one of the bigger coaching blunders in terms of player usage and personnel in recent memory. I have not moved Gurley down in my values and he has slipped from his RB2 perch in many startup drafts presenting a value this offseason.

Haseley

Was he hurt in the Super Bowl? Yes, I believe that to be the case. I think the Rams knew that he was hurt worse than they were leading on, and if it weren't for C.J. Anderson, they never would've advanced as far as they did. Time and rest will help Gurley's case. I expect him to be back to normal for the 2019 season, but he has moved down a few notches in my dynasty rankings. He's a still a Top 5 back for me at this time. At age 24 he still has another three to four big years left in him.

Hicks

It is irrelevant moving forward if he was injured or not. The offensive coaching staff was completely outplayed in the playoffs and Gurley was just part of the problem. What the Rams do to backup Gurley will be crucial. If we see C.J. Anderson again, then I would be very concerned as he played very well for them. If we are back to Malcolm Brown, then all is good. I have moved Gurley down to six as I have concerns about Sean McVay and Jared Goff being able to overcome good defensive coaching. No doubt they will work on this in the offseason and we will see how they match up in 2019. Gurley was on record-setting pace in 2018 until various aches and pains put an end to that. If the Rams get back on track offensively then Gurley should be a top three back.

Wood

How could he not be hurt? A player doesn't go from the most explosive, dynamic runner in the league for 1.5 seasons into someone not good enough to play over C.J. Anderson. Unless he gets offseason surgery, Gurley should absolutely remain a top-5 pick in redraft and keeper leagues. Right now, Gurley ranks fourth in my positional rankings, behind Saquon Barkley, Alvin Kamara, and Ezekiel Elliott. He's also fourth in my overall rankings.

Hindery

Gurley is the #4 overall player in my rankings and RB4. Saquon Barkley, Ezekiel Elliott, and Christian McCaffrey are each younger and feel slightly less risky than Gurley based upon how the season ended and Gurley’s injury history. 

I doubt I will drop Gurley any further than that. He has been a fantasy monster the last two years. He was the fantasy RB1 in 2017 and was the RB1 by a decent margin after 15 weeks. He should be the same guy in the same offense moving forward and he’s only 24-years old.

It is hard for me to believe Gurley was 100% in the playoffs. Whether it was knee pain slowing him down or he was just slightly out of shape due to missing a few weeks of practice, we may never know. However, we have a big enough sample size to know what Gurley is capable of.

 

I have to say the latest news regarding the need for stem cell treatment gives me reservations about taking Gurley at the top of the draft. I'm not sure he drops out of my top 12, but as an owner that disdains risk (even at the expense of upside) early in drafts/auctions, I'm more pessimistic now than at any point since the last Jeff Fisher year. Thankfully, I have no start ups on the horizon and we have several more months to cull through the information. 

 

Where would go draft Gurley if today was draft day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ack88 said:

I have to say the latest news regarding the need for stem cell treatment gives me reservations about taking Gurley at the top of the draft. I'm not sure he drops out of my top 12, but as an owner that disdains risk (even at the expense of upside) early in drafts/auctions, I'm more pessimistic now than at any point since the last Jeff Fisher year. Thankfully, I have no start ups on the horizon and we have several more months to cull through the information. 

 

Where would go draft Gurley if today was draft day?

in the WSLs in the mock drafts forum here at FBG, he went at 1.4 and 1.5 respectively.....before the stem cell news....Come August if he is on the field, people will still take him top 5....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd draft Barkley and Elliott over him in a heartbeat. 

I have Barkley at 1.01, TBH.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I'd draft Barkley and Elliott over him in a heartbeat. 

I have Barkley at 1.01, TBH.  

PPR I’m taking CMC and Kamara too over him. RB is risky enough. No way I spend a top 4 pick on him. If I get pick 5 or 6 and he’s there, then I’ll really have a decision to make. I’d consider Nuke over him too at that point and maybe even Gordon. Maybe training camp will clear some of this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kwai Chang Caine said:

PPR I’m taking CMC and Kamara too over him. RB is risky enough. No way I spend a top 4 pick on him. If I get pick 5 or 6 and he’s there, then I’ll really have a decision to make. I’d consider Nuke over him too at that point and maybe even Gordon. Maybe training camp will clear some of this up.

Yeah, I think the gamesmanship with which they treated his injury for the Super Bowl leaves a lot of questions lingering about that five or six pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

The original article was titled "Rams may consider drastic option IF Todd Gurley's knee regresses during offseason"

No different than "Rams will perform surgery IF Todd Gurley tears ACL during offseason"

Oh, Dear Lord. The article specifically addresses what we've all been saying, too. The article is not final authority. But it's another piece of evidence that seems to be mounting in the direction of Gurley suffering an injury that hurt his ability to participate in the Super Bowl. 

I assure you none of us are conspiracy dupes, nor are we being led by the nose by an unscrupulous media. It's Okham or Occam's razor (whichever you prefer).

Guy was almost certainly hurt for the SB. No need to rehash. Let's move on and figure out where to take him in drafts.  

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Oh, Dear Lord. The article specifically addresses what we've all been saying, too. The article is not final authority. But it's another piece of evidence that seems to be mounting in the direction of Gurley suffering an injury that hurt his ability to participate in the Super Bowl. 

I assure you none of us are conspiracy dupes, nor are we being led by the nose by an unscrupulous media. It's Okham or Occam's razor (whichever you prefer).

Guy was almost certainly hurt for the SB. No need to rehash. Let's move on and figure out where to take him in drafts.  

No, it does not.  The question had nothing to do with his health during the SB.  A reporter simply asked if they would consider stem cell treatment if Gurley's knee regressed in the offseason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, tjnc09 said:

No, it does not.  The question had nothing to do with his health during the SB.  A reporter simply asked if they would consider stem cell treatment if Gurley's knee regressed in the offseason.  

You're  still in the Gurley thread I see.  Why all the warnings from the mods?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

You're  still in the Gurley thread I see.  Why all the warnings from the mods?

Yes, I'm here discussing Todd Gurley in the Todd Gurley thread.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gurley has been a cornerstone keeper for me in my main league.  It’s a keeper auction league, you start the auction with 200 minus any keepers value.  His keeper cost for me this year would be $36, top tier available RBs (and elite WR’s) routinely go for 50’s to low 60’s.   I will certainly be keeping him at this price but prior to the NFL playoffs his value was outstanding especially when you factor in the scarcity of the elite RB’s, now I think it’s gone down to very good to good. The biggest concern for me is the managing of the work load. For the type of guys like him, Barkley, Elliot and McCaffrey that is a huge part of the draw.  

Edited by dkp993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tjnc09 said:

No, it does not.  The question had nothing to do with his health during the SB.  A reporter simply asked if they would consider stem cell treatment if Gurley's knee regressed in the offseason.  

Not really. What it means is Gurley has articular surface cartilage damage in his knee and they're hoping that rest helps the inflammation and pain that its causing. Not a good situation anyway you cut it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fruity pebbles said:

Not really. What it means is Gurley has articular surface cartilage damage in his knee and they're hoping that rest helps the inflammation and pain that its causing. Not a good situation anyway you cut it.

According to Sean McVay, Gurley is feeling good from both a physical and mental standpoint and nothing about the stem cell treatment had been communicated to him.  The organization's concern over this seems extremely low at this point.  Gurley owners/drafters should be more concerned about his reduced workload because of a RBBC than his health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

Gurley owners/drafters should be more concerned about his reduced workload because of a RBBC than his health.

Say what?  Gurley at 100% has absolutely no concern about being part of a RBBC.  You're telling us an old, overweight, RB off the street is some kind of threat?  Or anyone else for that matter?  Gurley's knee is the part to be concerned with, and your big concern isn't that, but a reduced workload?  Hello, the reduced workload was because of health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Say what?  Gurley at 100% has absolutely no concern about being part of a RBBC.  You're telling us an old, overweight, RB off the street is some kind of threat?  Or anyone else for that matter?  Gurley's knee is the part to be concerned with, and your big concern isn't that, but a reduced workload?  Hello, the reduced workload was because of health.

CJ Anderson averaged nearly 5.5ypc with the Rams.  "Old, overweight, RB off the street" is not an accurate description for that type of performance.  He obviously impressed McVay enough to earn a RBBC in the NFFC and SB.

McVay said today they are strongly considering a timeshare for next season.  Are you suggesting he's lying?

Edited by tjnc09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I suggesting McVay's lying?  LMAO.  No counselor, I'm not.  Let's not change the topic here, that wasn't the point.  You were claiming people should be more concerned about Gurley's workload than his health.  Uh, the reason they are considering a RBBC is because they have no choice at this point.

They will be in a RBBC only because they realize Gurley's knee is ####ed, and they signed him to that huge contract in the off-season.  This, after riding him into the ground.  We all know the amount of carries the Rams gave him prior, and it took its toll, no question.  He got used like a mule.  Then they give him one of the bigger RB contracts in the league.  Good for Gurley, but make no mistake about it, that is all on them.

So, telling people they should be more concerned about a RBBC than his health is way off.  His health is the very reason they're scrambling and also why everything in that offense changed, once he was hurt.  Hello, there will be a RBBC and it's directly related to Gurley's bum knee, not his ability.  He tore his ACL in college and the Rams should've known better than to use him like they did.  

But if you want to make the claim that an old, overweight CJ Anderson is anywhere near a 100% Todd Gurley in his prime (not anymore), and to point to your small sample size of CJ's end-of-year ypc, or some lightbulb that went off in McVay's head, give me a break.  There is a reason not one other NFL team put CJ on their roster, not even as a backup..  I like the guy, he's a gamer, and love Gurley too, but the two aren't close when you're talking about a 100% healthy Todd Gurley.  Hope we see that again but it's looking grim, and has nothing to do with an old RB being the difference.

Edited by Rodrigo Duterte
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, tjnc09 said:

Yes, I'm here discussing Todd Gurley in the Todd Gurley thread.  

More so, you're pissing in the pool.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, rockaction said:

Oh, Dear Lord. The article specifically addresses what we've all been saying, too. The article is not final authority. But it's another piece of evidence that seems to be mounting in the direction of Gurley suffering an injury that hurt his ability to participate in the Super Bowl. 

I assure you none of us are conspiracy dupes, nor are we being led by the nose by an unscrupulous media. It's Okham or Occam's razor (whichever you prefer).

Guy was almost certainly hurt for the SB. No need to rehash. Let's move on and figure out where to take him in drafts.  

At this point there’s no reason to even respond to him. His “proof” will always be better and he’ll perform mental gymnastics to discredit anything that counters it. This recent example shows the ridiculous lengths he’ll go to be right.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

At this point there’s no reason to even respond to him.

It's really just so that people reading this can hear both sides of the argument and determine for themselves. If I was getting really upset about it or on the verge of suspension, I'd stop. But I'm simply pointing out that the overwhelming amount of evidentiary pieces point to injury rather than there being a sudden RBBC between Gurley/C.J. because of effectiveness concerns.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rockaction said:

It's really just so that people reading this can hear both sides of the argument and determine for themselves. If I was getting really upset about it or on the verge of suspension, I'd stop. But I'm simply pointing out that the overwhelming amount of evidentiary pieces point to injury rather than there being a sudden RBBC between Gurley/C.J. because of effectiveness concerns.  

I’m just saying he’s so convinced that he’s smarter than everyone else that if Gurley’s leg fell off tomorrow he’d claim it was not proof that he was hurt during the Super Bowl and that McVey made a conscious decision to not use a guy that carried his team all season - and not use him as the weapon he was in the passing game - because Gurley just isn’t any good.

now there is evidence slowly leaking out supporting the people who thought the most likely scenario for his lack of usage was the knee injury... so if he wants to dig in his heels further let him. Everyone else can just ignore the noise and wait and see what ends up happening.

I was ready to admit I was wrong if we never heard another word about Gurley’s knee and he was out there at OTAs looking like he did early last season, but some people can never admit they were wrong. Those people are not worth having conversations with imo. I was willing to listen and read what he said early on and even admitted he made some valid points but now I see it’s not really a conversation it’s a lecture from some one who just thinks he’s the smartest guy in the room (usually those people are not even close to being that).

Edited by Dr. Octopus
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Octopus said:

I’m just saying he’s so convinced that he’s smarter than everyone else that if Gurley’s leg fell off tomorrow he’d claim it was not proof that he was hurt during the Super Bowl and that McVey made a conscious decision to not use a guy that carried his team all season - and not use him as the weapon he was in the passing game - because Gurley just isn’t any good.

I like tjnc09. He reached out to me once when I was in a baseball argument with someone on the board. 

That said, he was arguing that Gurley wasn't that good at first. It's not really a great premise to begin with, and I'll stop for the reasons you laid out in your last post. We'll all see what happens during OTAs, into camp, and then into the regular season. Only time will tell.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly sounds like Gurley has articular cartilage damage in that knee. Guess the Rams could say that it wasn’t an acute injury. Nonetheless, I don’t want anything to do with him at his adp. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Certainly sounds like Gurley has articular cartilage damage in that knee. Guess the Rams could say that it wasn’t an acute injury. Nonetheless, I don’t want anything to do with him at his adp

This is really where the thread should be going. I'd have a hard time taking him with anything higher than a seven, really, especially in PPR, as somebody upthread pointed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

I like tjnc09. He reached out to me once when I was in a baseball argument with someone on the board. 

That said, he was arguing that Gurley wasn't that good at first. It's not really a great premise to begin with, and I'll stop for the reasons you laid out in your last post. We'll all see what happens during OTAs, into camp, and then into the regular season. Only time will tell.  

I have nothing against him personally. I see he’s very argumentative in most topics (specifically here and the NBA thread and throws around that laughing emoji very often at other people’s opinions - which to me says he’s trying to show he’s so much smarter than the person he’s engaging with.

the shame is he is a smart guy and does make valid points but has no humility at all. That turns me off, but I’m also a “live and let live” type so generally don’t care.

here he’s now being purposely obtuse by highlighting the word “if” as if that’s some big gotcha moment instead of acknowledging what this latest story is actually saying. That frankly deserved his typical response of the laughing emoji.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.