Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
tdmills

[Dynasty] Todd Gurley

19 minutes ago, Apple Juice said:

Anybody think is dynasty value is climbing just a little bit? He probably won't ever be what he was the last two years but he only missed one game this season and showed he can handle a full load the last two games.

Looking at his numbers, they don't jump out. But he was consistent week to week because he remained effective around the goal line. I think he can repeat his RB2 numbers from this year over the next couple years.

I'm starting him with confidence next week anyway.

I thought he was going to finish top five in PPR this year even with the reduced workload.  That didn’t quite happen but he is #13 on the year to this point so still a borderline 1.  With the adjustments made these last few weeks I don’t see why he isn’t and RB 1 next year too. 

Edited by dkp993

10 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

I thought he was going to finish top five in PPR this year even with the reduced workload.  That didn’t quite happen but he is #13 on the year to this point so still a borderline 1.  With the adjustments made these last few weeks I don’t see why he isn’t and RB 1 next year too. 

Lots of good rbs coming in the draft and Barkley will get a new coach.  High Rb2 seems a safer bet.

2 minutes ago, wgoldsph said:

Lots of good rbs coming in the draft and Barkley will get a new coach.  High Rb2 seems a safer bet.

Safer bet, most certainly. But RB 1 is absolutely still in the realm of realistic outcomes.  

14 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

He isn't a rb1 now. how can he be a rb1 "too" next year? 

He is in the realm of the rb 15 range and should be

21 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

He isn't a rb1 now. how can he be a rb1 "too" next year? 

He is in the realm of the rb 15 range and should be

Sure, but you get my point.  With McVay realizing his usage was pulled too far back top 12 is realistic imo.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, dkp993 said:

Sure, but you get my point.  With McVay realizing his usage was pulled too far back top 12 is realistic imo.  🤷🏻‍♂️

yes, I agree, but at the same time I think it's far more likely he ends up as a. bargain rb2 than a rb1 in drafts. 

11 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Ever wonder why he was pulled on that goal line carry to Brown?  I remember when that would have never happened.  Not on that play, but I remember the announcers saying he's the one requesting rest during games.  Somehow I don't believe that.  I'm not sure if it's McVay's concern about his knee, or if it's his ego at work with the way he uses his RBs, or he has something against Gurley we're not privy to.

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Ever wonder why he was pulled on that goal line carry to Brown?  I remember when that would have never happened.  Not on that play, but I remember the announcers saying he's the one requesting rest during games.  Somehow I don't believe that.  I'm not sure if it's McVay's concern about his knee, or if it's his ego at work with the way he uses his RBs, or he has something against Gurley we're not privy to.

If we are talking about the 1 yard TD for Brown, Brown's first snap in the game was the play before the TD, during which Goff completed a 33 yard pass to Higbee, who was tackled at the 1 yard line. The Rams went no huddle and so did not take an opportunity to substitute before the next snap. Gurley was in on the first 6 snaps of the drive before Brown came in.

In other words, Gurley was not 'pulled' for Brown on that play.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Just Win Baby said:

If we are talking about the 1 yard TD for Brown, Brown's first snap in the game was the play before the TD, during which Goff completed a 33 yard pass to Higbee, who was tackled at the 1 yard line. The Rams went no huddle and so did not take an opportunity to substitute before the next snap. Gurley was in on the first 6 snaps of the drive before Brown came in.

In other words, Gurley was not 'pulled' for Brown on that play.

My mistake, but the rest of what I said leaves me to wonder about McVay.

Just now, bicycle_seat_sniffer said:

he looks better recently....maybe getting healthier 

Unfortunately, arthritic knees don't get healthier.  If this is a problem, and I'm not convinced it is, then it won't get better.  It's hard to discern whether the problem is with Gurley or McVay.

20 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Unfortunately, arthritic knees don't get healthier.  If this is a problem, and I'm not convinced it is, then it won't get better.  It's hard to discern whether the problem is with Gurley or McVay.

or offensive line

4 minutes ago, football fan said:

or offensive line

26 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

I think it was simply the team trying to save him along with the crappy offensive line. Then they realized their playoff hopes were in jeopardy and they had no choice but to feed him. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Anybody think is dynasty value is climbing just a little bit? He probably won't ever be what he was the last two years but he only missed one game this season and showed he can handle a full load the last two games.

Looking at his numbers, they don't jump out. But he was consistent week to week because he remained effective around the goal line. I think he can repeat his RB2 numbers from this year over the next couple years.

I'm starting him with confidence next week anyway.

i still believe this is not a gurley thing.  if they figure out their scheme and line woes, i think he's RB1.  Big ifs though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, football fan said:
4 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

or offensive line

It’s not hard to discern at all imo, it’s all three.  If I had to order it thought it’s 1. Oline, 2. McVay’s ego and inability to make the correct adjustments (looks like he might have finally learned this lesson though 1 yr later/too late) and 3. Gurley’s health (by far the least impactful of the 3 things this year but it will only get worse and become more impactful).  

What are the homer's thoughts on Gurley this weekend? He seems to be ramping it up the past few weeks...gotta decide between him or Jacobs and really leaning Gurley.

Feed him the ball!

22 hours ago, mizeners said:

What are the homer's thoughts on Gurley this weekend? He seems to be ramping it up the past few weeks...gotta decide between him or Jacobs and really leaning Gurley.

Feed him the ball!

I've got him plugged in and feel confident in low end RB1/high end RB2 production for a much needed come from behind win this week (opponent had Lamar last night). 

Todd Gurley rushed 11 times for 20 yards and a touchdown, adding three catches for 18 yards and another score in Los Angeles' Week 15 loss to Dallas.

Five of Gurley's 11 carries occurred during Los Angeles' first three drives. The Rams mustered just five plays over their next two possessions, eventually being forced to dropback and call pass on every down while trailing 28-7 to begin the third quarter. It's still shocking the Cowboys were able to bottle Gurley to a season-low in yards without LB Leighton Vander Esch (neck) available. Fortunately for fantasy players, he was able to tack on a meaningless touchdown run with 3:23 remaining in the fourth quarter to pad his stats. Gurley's faced with a tough test against the Niners in Week 16 but will remain a usage-based RB2.

Edited by The Frankman

It’s going to be hard to start him against the 49ers this Saturday night.  It’s a roller coaster 🎢 owning Gurley, I went from no confidence to he’s a no brainer again and now back to no confidence.  

Is anyone bullish on Gurley for tonight?

I mean so far the experts have already completely whiffed on Watson, Winston, Hopkins, RoJo and Brady...

Todd Gurley rushed 15 times for 48 yards and two touchdowns in the Rams' Week 16 loss to the 49ers.

Gurley has now rushed for under 4.0 yards per carry in 10-of-14 contests this season, but he's (somewhat) saved his fantasy season with a dozen red-zone touchdowns. Gurley had two of them tonight, one from five yards out and one right at the goal-line. It's obvious that he's not fully healthy and it's unlikely that we'll ever see peak Gurley given his knee condition. Now that the Rams have been eliminated from the playoffs, we may see rookie Darrell Henderson get a few extra looks next week against the Cardinals.

Edited by The Frankman

This year was really ugly to watch, but the biggest concern was would be make it through the year and how bad would load management be. 

Gurley didn’t win you a championship but neither did he lose one... second round value and a RB who eclipsed 18 yards 5 of the last 6 weeks of the fantasy season. As the preferred redzone options for the Rams, he did ok.

Cant imagine him going before the third round, and if the TDs drop even a bit, that could create a bad scenario where it’s not an 80% chance at a decent start each week, but closer to 50.